Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Riddles [CLOSED]
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1 Posted: 01:55:46 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Note: This will not put you on the list for my other topics, it's just a lot of riddles with common sense.

If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?
The match.

When does Four plus Five equal Ten?
When One is also added.

How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?
One, the last one completes it.

A barrel of water weighs 20 pounds.
What must you add to it to make it weigh 12 pounds?
Holes.

A man builds a house with all 4 sides facing south.
A bear walks past the house. What color is the bear?
White.

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
A river.

There is a boat with a ladder attached to it, the ladder is eight feet tall. If the water rises four feet how much of the ladder will be on top of the water?
Eight feet.
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#2 Posted: 01:58:06 04/12/2013
I got the last 2...
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#3 Posted: 02:01:11 04/12/2013
I got the first, third, sixth, and seventh ones on my first try. The others I ended up clicking the spoiler and smacking my forehead. Except for the fifth one, I don't get that one
#4 Posted: 02:04:31 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
More: (some not really riddles, but questions of common sense)

Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.
How many F's are in the previous sentence?
One of average intelligence finds three of them. If you spotted four, you're above average. If you got five, you can turn your nose at most anybody. If you caught six, you are a genius. There is no catch. Many people forget the "of"s. The human brain tends to see them as V's and not F's.

You are standing in front of a room with one light bulb inside of it. You cannot see if it is on or off. Outside the room there are 3 switches in the off positions. You may turn the switches any way you want to. You stop turning the switches, enter the room and know which switch controls the light bulb. How?
You turn 2 switches "on" and leave 1 switch "off" and wait about a minute. Then enter the room, but just before you enter, turn one switch from "on" to "off". Once in the room, feel the light bulb. If it is warm, but off, it has to be the last switch you turned off. If it is on, it has to be the switch left on. If it is cold and is off, it has to be the switch you left in the off position.

There is a man lying dead in his office. He is all alone and the doors and windows are locked from the inside. There are no marks on him. There is no blood. There is a sealed envelope on his desk. How did he die?
The envelope was poisoned.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#5 Posted: 02:05:20 04/12/2013
Well, what gets wetter the more it dries?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#6 Posted: 02:06:31 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ninpire
I got the first, third, sixth, and seventh ones on my first try. The others I ended up clicking the spoiler and smacking my forehead. Except for the fifth one, I don't get that one

More detailed answer for the 5th:
If all 4 sides face south, it's built on the North Pole. Polar bears are the answer, so white.
#7 Posted: 02:06:56 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
Well, what gets wetter the more it dries?

Towel.

- - -
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#8 Posted: 02:07:27 04/12/2013
NO, NO, NO.

3. It would depend on the size of the house. One brick is not a house.

7. You never stated the size of the boat, and therefore that one is unanswerable, unless you mean the ladder is floating horizontally.

5. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Even if it's on the North Pole, it would be impossible for all sides to be facing due south. You are thinking of the Earth as a vertical plane, when in perspective, it is always horizontal. No matter where you are on the planet, there is always north, south, east and west from a human's perspective.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:28 04/12/2013 by Metallo
#9 Posted: 02:08:33 04/12/2013
Right.

You're stuck in a room. It has no windows or doors, and is completely sealed from the outside. There is a table and a saw in the room. How do you escape?
---
#10 Posted: 02:09:52 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo
NO, NO, NO.

3. It would depend on the size of the house. One brick is not a house.

7. You never stated the size of the boat, and therefore that one is unanswerable, unless you mean the ladder is floating horizontally.

5. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

SPOILERS

3: But the last brick is the one that completes it.
7: The boat floats, the size of the boat doesn't matter.
5: I posted more detail.

More for 5 in the edit:
From 0 degrees North, how do you go North?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:29 04/12/2013 by weebbby
#11 Posted: 02:10:50 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
Right.

You're stuck in a room. It has no windows or doors, and is completely sealed from the outside. There is a table and a saw in the room. How do you escape?

I forget that one. It had something to do with
the leg of the table
though, but I don't remember.
#12 Posted: 02:15:53 04/12/2013
Nope,

You cut the table in half, then put the two halves together to make a wHOLE.

Here's another

I follow you wherever you go. The more you take of me, the more you leave behind. What am I?
---
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#13 Posted: 02:33:24 04/12/2013
Shadow.

I got the last two on the OP. I got the poison envelope, and the towel one.
#14 Posted: 02:35:44 04/12/2013
Quote: Troll Slug
Shadow.

I got the last two on the OP. I got the poison envelope, and the towel one.

Nope, you haven't played Spyro 3 have you?

Anyway,

footsteps
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#15 Posted: 02:42:02 04/12/2013
Jimmy's mom has four kids, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are her first three kids. What is the name of her fourth child?

Lol this is so easy

Jimmy
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#16 Posted: 02:43:57 04/12/2013
A person has 2 shoes. Another has 3. If the pattern continues, what will likely be next?

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me