Page 1 of 1
Enchated Trap Shadow?!?!?! [CLOSED]
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#1 Posted: 17:37:52 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
In Skylander boy and girl video about the new collection app:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5h41pmoKg

Skylander dad talked about an ENCHATED TRAP SHADOW!
Do you think that's true guys?
ps: I love Lexis new look (:
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 17:48:12 03/12/2013
fake....defenetly.....or...I'm not sure....
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 18:21:40 03/12/2013
I wouldn't be completely sure about that, Freeze, since Skylandersdad is known for speculating about possible figures. It's very likely fake until proven otherwise by the real actual figure.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:27:29 03/12/2013 by Aura24
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#4 Posted: 18:29:25 03/12/2013
I really, really hope it isn't fake... I mean ETS would be awesome looking! But I think he'd have been found in the coding of the game or website... so I'm placing my bet on fake.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#5 Posted: 18:52:13 03/12/2013
He says things like that because the children on this website gobble up anything he speaks. If he mentioned Wicked Thumpback was a Walmart exclusive, people would believe it.
#6 Posted: 19:00:29 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok I'm not sure.
ps: Aura24, Freeze was a good nickname for me.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 19:38:06 03/12/2013
They commonly make fake info just to get views, and to excite their fans.
There's no data for an Enchanted Trap Shadow in the game, so there's basically a 100% chance that this is fake.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#8 Posted: 20:40:15 03/12/2013
That Skylander Dad person has been the biggest troll when it comes to trying to help the community get out correct info.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#9 Posted: 20:40:23 03/12/2013
The best way to check is to see if ETS shows up in the 3DS collection in the museum.
---
you never saw me
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#10 Posted: 20:44:30 03/12/2013
I can imagine one... Trap Shadow with a deeper purple and silver eyes.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#11 Posted: 21:22:55 03/12/2013
Wouldnt the 3ds already show every figure for the game?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#12 Posted: 21:35:51 03/12/2013
I really dislike the way he starts rumors...you'd think he would stop since he is constantly recognized by Activision...(Boom Cast, the new holiday trailer thing, Facebook)
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#13 Posted: 21:46:28 03/12/2013
Don't forget, he's on television too.

Though I wish he would stop making speculations that would definitely get children confused that the figure he speculates is "real".
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#14 Posted: 21:47:33 03/12/2013
He got confused, he meant Enchanted Star Strike.
Rattle Blade Blue Sparx Gems: 803
#15 Posted: 21:48:38 03/12/2013
Quote: Swap Force Fan
He got confused, he meant Enchanted Star Strike.

Exactly. He can't remember everything,guys.
---
Awesome avatar by AceArchdragon! smilie smilie smilie smilie
Timmy! Bring meh some woofles!
>N<
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#16 Posted: 02:17:01 04/12/2013
Quote: WickedRogue
That Skylander Dad person has been the biggest troll when it comes to trying to help the community get out correct info.

you do know that he has an account on these forums
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#17 Posted: 03:15:20 04/12/2013
Sigh... There isn't an Enchanted Trap Shadow. It's not in the data for the game and it's not in the 3DS version or been found anywhere else.

I don't know if he got mixed up or is trolling, but if it's the latter, he has to stop since he's been recognized by the professional sources and then things like this will confuse people. If it's the former, ok.
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#18 Posted: 03:33:03 04/12/2013
Definitely was not "trolling"... I thought a while back, Matteomax posted some pics of gameplay screen shots of toys that were in deed not release, Sheep Wreck Island I think it was and I also thought there was an Enchanted Trap Shadow. I remember, Aura saying something like "you shouldn't hack the game and post pics of it because Activision employees are on this site" and the next thing I know, the pics which I am pretty sure Matteomax posted, were then gone. Of them, I was pretty sure was Trap Shadow, unless it was faked. But I was under the honest impression that it was true.
Aura/Matteomax, am I crazy?
Is that post still live or was it deleted, do you guys remember what I am talking about.

I promise, it was not intentional, if I am wrong.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#19 Posted: 03:58:30 04/12/2013
Activision has been taking down hacked content before the release of Swap Force on the forums. I'm not sure which hacked post you're referring to.
---
#20 Posted: 04:03:25 04/12/2013
Well, it was shortly after, maybe the day of, October 13th and someone was crawling through the game to find stuff. I thought it was MatteoMax, and I've have it in my head that I saw Enchanted Trap Shadow, even Michael thinks he's coming. I wouldn't deliberately trick my kids (for his long of time) or with this sort of misinformation.
I've added an annotation to our video apologizing, because no, it's not intentional. We know Activision watches our videos and if we wanted to joke around with something like that, we would do it in a sarcastic way or at least with more emphasis, I wouldn't pretend so hard that he was real. Anyways, Matteo is the last left to comment if I am crazy or not. I guess he did already since he said there is no in-game data.
Another Skylander Dad fail, add it to my list, Sorry. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 04:19:00 04/12/2013
There's a user named matteo who would sometimes come on here and post hacked content.

He's not to be confused for Matteomax though, since they both have similar usernames.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:19:57 04/12/2013 by Aura24
#22 Posted: 04:41:55 04/12/2013
OOo, maybe it was him.
All I know is my head saw "Enchanted Trap Shadow and a Special symbol"...
Mind tricks I guess.
---
#23 Posted: 04:54:16 04/12/2013
Quote: Grimslinger91
Quote: WickedRogue

you do know that he has an account on these forums

Yeah, the problem is that .... I have to deal with a ton of the mistake information. A ton of the times it is from his channel. So it is just very frustrating to have to explain to people when they feel mislead. Just hopefully it's not done in future videos.
---
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#24 Posted: 05:06:48 04/12/2013
The amount of hypocrisy in this thread is embarrassing.

This community whines and complains every time I put up a stink about how much bad/false information we collectively produce on these forums. When I suggest that we be more judicious and discriminating about information that we post/spread here, people whine and complain. When I suggest that we collectively put a good-faith effort into avoiding and condemning the spread of unconfirmed hearsay and rumors, people attack me and state that its our purpose to speculate and propagate rumors.

And yet ... Skylanders Dad slips up or speculates on his own personal YouTube site, and ya'll are out like a lynch mob to bad-mouth Skylanders Dad. Pathetic.

If you want to grill Skylanders Dad for failing to be 100% accurate, then you damned well better hold our community on DarkSpyro to the same standard.
If you want to cater to the fanaticism and rampant false speculation and hearsay generation element of our forum here, then you best not criticize Skylanders Dad for doing the same damned thing on his site.

You can't have it both ways.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#25 Posted: 05:23:44 04/12/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker

This community whines and complains every time I put up a stink about how much bad/false information we collectively produce on these forums. When I suggest that we be more judicious and discriminating about information that we post/spread here, people whine and complain. When I suggest that we collectively put a good-faith effort into avoiding and condemning the spread of unconfirmed hearsay and rumors, people attack me and state that its our purpose to speculate and propagate rumors.

And yet ... Skylanders Dad slips up or speculates on his own personal YouTube site, and ya'll are out like a lynch mob to bad-mouth Skylanders Dad. Pathetic.

If you want to grill Skylanders Dad for failing to be 100% accurate, then you damned well better hold our community on DarkSpyro to the same standard.
If you want to cater to the fanaticism and rampant false speculation and hearsay generation element of our forum here, then you best not criticize Skylanders Dad for doing the same damned thing on his site.

What is in the game has been known since the game has been out. That is why this seems odd.
---
#26 Posted: 05:31:54 04/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok thanks for the info guys (:
Happy December!
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#27 Posted: 06:27:42 04/12/2013
Actually, from an objective perspective, it is not really okay; he should not say anything in a public medium without checking his facts first...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#28 Posted: 06:44:30 04/12/2013
Quote: chaosworrier
Actually, from an objective perspective, it is not really okay; he should not say anything in a public medium without checking his facts first...

I agree that spreading bad info is bad, regardless of who is doing it.
My point was that when I call-out members of this forum for spreading bad info and unconfirmed hearsay, I get blasted with replies along the lines of: "what?!? step off!!! generating and discussing rumors and hearsay is what we're supposed to do on this forum!!!" .... which is, of course, horse dung.

If the attitude of the forum's populace is going to be "we don't care about accuracy or confirmation; give us the comfortable lies and hope-building hearsay!!" (which, again, in my opinion, is crap), then we are hypocrites for blasting Skylanders Dad for doing exactly what we condone every day here on this forum (even though we should not condone it!).
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#29 Posted: 06:51:57 04/12/2013
For the record, I should have quoted an earlier post as I was responding to a prior one and not you.

However, there is a difference between a speculative conversation and producing a broadcast which is generally received as informative.

Did he clearly define that he was speculating? If not, then I would honestly perceive what he said as being disengenuous.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#30 Posted: 10:28:21 04/12/2013

I agree, but I think everyone's used to dishing it out but not taking it. smilie

Btw, I saw this video a couple of days ago and REFRAINED from making a stink because I know he was trying to remember the figures on the fly while delivering some good content on a new tool that was of interest to the community.

Maturity and tact. The more you know....

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:30:25 04/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#31 Posted: 13:52:25 04/12/2013
I wonder how skylanders dad got rouble rouser <.<
---
-something-
#32 Posted: 21:53:11 04/12/2013
If I make a mistake and say something incorrect on the fly and don't correct myself in a presentation, then I am stuck with it - that is why I prepare and rehearse before I present.

After all, if I promise a client feature x1 but really meant x2 then I am stuck with giving them x1 or having to make it up to them in another way. Either way, I am in the poop and should have prep'd better.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#33 Posted: 01:44:14 05/12/2013
Good point, Chaosworrier. However, I don't really think we can or should hold YouTube videos to those standards. Skylanders Dad does those videos as a hobby, not a job. He is not employed by or affiliated with Activision. One could argue that he's become an unofficial spokesperson or celebrity for the Skylanders community, but that's as far as it can go.
---
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#34 Posted: 02:35:12 05/12/2013
Yes look at tv news and commercials search youtube for these mistakes, and what about major retailers who print the wrong things at the wrong price or the obvious target ad with Thumpback on it. Skylander dad is only human and we all make mistakes, he made a mistake made up for it. So can we just leave this alone he is one of us.
#35 Posted: 03:18:18 05/12/2013
Good point, Chaosworrier. However, I don't really think we can or should hold YouTube videos to those standards. Skylanders Dad does those videos as a hobby, not a job. He is not employed by or affiliated with Activision. One could argue that he's become an unofficial spokesperson or celebrity for the Skylanders community, but that's as far as it can go.

The thing is that I do - self-publishing is self-publishing, be it Youtube or writing a paper-based book. I hold it all to the same litmus test.

If you broadcast anything, Youtube, CB radio, flyers, then you have an expectation to be accurate. Otherwise, don't do it. This is why libel legislation does not exclude non-profit, self-published works.
---
Soylent Green is People!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#36 Posted: 03:23:32 05/12/2013

The thing is that I do - self-publishing is self-publishing, be it Youtube or writing a paper-based book. I hold it all to the same litmus test.

If you broadcast anything, Youtube, CB radio, flyers, then you have an expectation to be accurate. Otherwise, don't do it. This is why libel legislation does not exclude non-profit, self-published works.

There's also a lot of free speech with lots of ranting on Youtube and other sites covered under our First Amendment. If you're bringing up the legal aspect---who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?

I agree that if you're presenting information there should be due diligence in getting it right. Intent here was not malicious, and caused no harm. Move on.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:24:48 05/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#37 Posted: 04:37:43 05/12/2013
^ agree with GhostRoaster, and admit that I chuckled at this part: :-)

---
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#38 Posted: 05:42:59 05/12/2013

Except Libel is published defamation, not applicable here.

If you are taking toys this seriously... Your doing it wrong.
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#39 Posted: 05:51:37 05/12/2013
Apparently if you go on Ebay, you can buy a custom-made enchanted whatever figure you want. So maybe on Ebay there's an enchanted trap shadow. The things I learn on this forum are amazing.
#40 Posted: 06:09:23 05/12/2013
Quote: Sickboy1138

Except Libel is published defamation, not applicable here.

If you are taking toys this seriously... Your doing it wrong.

Libel was merely exemplification that all media broadcasts require due diligence and simply saying that they are non-profit and/or self-published does not negate that.
---
Soylent Green is People!
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#41 Posted: 14:08:16 05/12/2013
You want some libel?

I heard that Enchanted Trap Shadow is a real jerk!
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#42 Posted: 16:11:27 05/12/2013

Skylander boy was on a commercial for skylanders which was about how skylanders would be a perfect holiday gift
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#43 Posted: 16:21:25 05/12/2013
Quote: Grimslinger91

Skylander boy was on a commercial for skylanders which was about how skylanders would be a perfect holiday gift

And I was in a commercial about my school a while ago. Does it mean I should be accountable for everything I say about my school? I don't think so. There are officials paid to do this. SkylandersDad is not an official. He is someone like you and me, enjoying to speculate.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me