Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do you try to be the person someone else/others/society wants you to be?
Page 1 of 1
Do you try to be the person someone else/others/society wants you to be? [CLOSED]
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#1 Posted: 02:08:10 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Or do you do this unintentionally?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:12:25 03/12/2013 by Wild
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 02:09:58 03/12/2013
Nope~
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#3 Posted: 02:11:00 03/12/2013
Quote: DummyZ
Nope~

Exactly this.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#4 Posted: 02:11:01 03/12/2013
No one can contain me, I am Divergent.
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#5 Posted: 02:11:31 03/12/2013
Nope. I'm me, no one can change me to be what they want me to be. ^.^
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#6 Posted: 02:11:38 03/12/2013
That pretty much describes my entire childhood.

It's something I still struggle with, as it has become apparent society really doesn't care for people like me, but I don't want to change.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#7 Posted: 02:11:52 03/12/2013
No! I am me! To hell with anyone who wants me to change!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#8 Posted: 02:12:54 03/12/2013
I love you all. Seriously.

That's what makes our crowd special.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#9 Posted: 02:14:49 03/12/2013
Pretty much my life.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#10 Posted: 02:16:10 03/12/2013
Nope.

As X-Treme said himself

"BEING WEIRD IS A SIDE EFFECT OF BEING AWESOME!"
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#11 Posted: 02:16:28 03/12/2013
Unintentionally. I try and help others to the best of my ability, and do my 100% although I'm struggling and need help. Society forces me to do that most times, however. But, I don't care what others think of me. I'll do whatever, I don't care. (Not bad stuff. I mean I'm not afraid to be me.) My few friends that I see often at school find me a riot because of this. But they probably also find me a klutz, because I might seem strange and crazy for being weird and not caring.

Like tripping over my own feet and not caring.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#12 Posted: 02:17:07 03/12/2013
I did in middle school. But then as soon as I got to high school I started opening up and acting more like an idiot. People say I could never get into a good college based on how I act. WATCH ME
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:39 03/12/2013 by Ninpire
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#13 Posted: 02:18:28 03/12/2013
Quote: Ninpire
I did in middle school. But then as soon as I got to high school I started opening up and acting more like an idiot. People say I could never get into a good college based on how I act. WATCH ME

As long as you have a clean criminal record and have a good GPA, you can get into some pretty good colleges smilie
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#14 Posted: 02:18:45 03/12/2013
Quote: Sky Airglow
Unintentionally. I try and help others to the best of my ability, and do my 100% although I'm struggling and need help. Society forces me to do that most times, however. But, I don't care what others think of me. I'll do whatever, I don't care. (Not bad stuff. I mean I'm not afraid to be me.) My few friends that I see often at school find me a riot because of this. But they probably also find me a klutz, because I might seem strange and crazy for being weird and not caring.

Like tripping over my own feet and not caring.

When I do that, I have to tell someone so I can laugh with someone instead of me laughing at my stupidity, which makes me even weirder. But hey, I don't care ^.^
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#15 Posted: 02:19:00 03/12/2013
Ya...
---
Gay 4 GARcher
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#16 Posted: 02:19:27 03/12/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
No! I am me! To hell with anyone who wants me to change!

Don't you have gimmicks?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#17 Posted: 02:22:36 03/12/2013
Quote: Metallo
Quote: Ninpire

As long as you have a clean criminal record and have a good GPA, you can get into some pretty good colleges smilie

I wanna go to duke doe (even though I'm not a huge fan of their mascot). I think it'll take a little more than that. Like one would probably want a good SAT score before applying. I think volunteer services and clubs would help too.......
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#18 Posted: 02:26:49 03/12/2013
Quote: Bash28
No one can contain me, I am Divergent.

Yes.

Awesome references aside, I kinda do and don't. I hate being the centre of attention, the idea of people thinking about me in general is terrifying, so I generally do whatever I can to go unnoticed. But then I naturally don't conform either, like people always tell me to 'talk more', and be more social, but I don't. Because I just don't want to. Basically I try to conform as much as possible, but that generally isn't always what society wants me to do.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#19 Posted: 02:51:59 03/12/2013
Uh, well, I try to conform... But the thing is, I'm never successful...

I've been really self conscious on my looks lately though.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#20 Posted: 03:21:11 03/12/2013
I do sometimes.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 03:27:09 03/12/2013
Yes..
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#22 Posted: 03:30:17 03/12/2013
Not really.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:23 03/12/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#23 Posted: 04:43:20 03/12/2013
hell no
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#24 Posted: 11:46:15 03/12/2013
I used to, but I don't even know what the hell society wants from me except to look pretty (and that's not going to happen) so once I realized that, I don't care much anymore. People can shove it smilie
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:47:19 03/12/2013 by LevanJess
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#25 Posted: 12:45:41 03/12/2013
Quote: Cynderfan507
A few times in the past. Then I decided that if someone can't accept me as I am, that's their problem. I'm not changing to please anyone. I am how I am, and that's that.

This. So. Much.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#26 Posted: 14:05:08 03/12/2013
Funny how most people say they don't, but really everybody does it.

It's part of human nature, we all have that little bit of our brain that makes us try to blend in when there's other people around.

For example, I would like to say that I don't do this as "wearing many faces" bears a certain social stigma, but I think it's obvious that I knowingly (note: not unintentionally) act in a different way when I'm around my parents, as opposed to when I'm around my friends, or all alone.
A human personality has an infinite amount of faces to wear, there is no "just me". Your mind corresponds to the situation at hand. In other words, you react according to who the people around you are and how they react.
And that whole, ever-changing, adapting "thing". That is who you are, your personality.

Of course there are variations as to how a person reacts to a certain stimulus. We're not identical. Some are a little less socially aware than others and might make less effective desicions here and there, when other people seem to make friends everywhere and become liked by everyone. Like in evolution, adaptation is the key.
(To be clear, by "adaptation" I don't mean changing the way you think. I mean changing the way you act. The way you walk, talk, express yourself with your hands and your face, what you say etc.)

For a more concrete example, let's take a look at some of the users we've seen here on darkSpyro:

There are many that are liked by others. The majority. They feel welcomed in the forum and act accordingly.
- They often joke around where discussion isn't serious, and act seriously where it is.
- They often have opinions which they share, but don't feel entitled by.
- They often understand when it's not a good idea to post something.
- They often put effort in not offending anybody. If they do, they apologise and take the blame.

Then there are (have been, mostly) users that are not liked by others. These users fail to adapt to the forum, and are constantly conflicted by other user's reactions.
- They're often either unable to joke around or act seriously. Or they do either in the wrong situations continuously.
- They often don't care what other people think, and are stubborn in their views.
- They often take offence easily, and act on their impulses.

Maybe I strayed from the topic a bit, but this should explain my views on the subject.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#27 Posted: 15:28:19 03/12/2013
Samius is always a genius.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#28 Posted: 20:07:16 03/12/2013
Quote: Samius
Funny how most people say they don't, but really everybody does it.

It's part of human nature, we all have that little bit of our brain that makes us try to blend in when there's other people around.

For example, I would like to say that I don't do this as "wearing many faces" bears a certain social stigma, but I think it's obvious that I knowingly (note: not unintentionally) act in a different way when I'm around my parents, as opposed to when I'm around my friends, or all alone.
A human personality has an infinite amount of faces to wear, there is no "just me". Your mind corresponds to the situation at hand. In other words, you react according to who the people around you are and how they react.
And that whole, ever-changing, adapting "thing". That is who you are, your personality.

Of course there are variations as to how a person reacts to a certain stimulus. We're not identical. Some are a little less socially aware than others and might make less effective desicions here and there, when other people seem to make friends everywhere and become liked by everyone. Like in evolution, adaptation is the key.
(To be clear, by "adaptation" I don't mean changing the way you think. I mean changing the way you act. The way you walk, talk, express yourself with your hands and your face, what you say etc.)

For a more concrete example, let's take a look at some of the users we've seen here on darkSpyro:

There are many that are liked by others. The majority. They feel welcomed in the forum and act accordingly.
- They often joke around where discussion isn't serious, and act seriously where it is.
- They often have opinions which they share, but don't feel entitled by.
- They often understand when it's not a good idea to post something.
- They often put effort in not offending anybody. If they do, they apologise and take the blame.

Then there are (have been, mostly) users that are not liked by others. These users fail to adapt to the forum, and are constantly conflicted by other user's reactions.
- They're often either unable to joke around or act seriously. Or they do either in the wrong situations continuously.
- They often don't care what other people think, and are stubborn in their views.
- They often take offence easily, and act on their impulses.

Maybe I strayed from the topic a bit, but this should explain my views on the subject.

I guess this topic is rendered pointless now.

Genius Samius strikes again.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#29 Posted: 20:29:59 03/12/2013
Nah, I'm literally one note. Act the same no matter who I'm with. Sure, there are certain things I only tell to certain people, but that's got nothing to do with changing my personality a bit.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me