Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Kentonian Guardian [CLOSED]
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#1 Posted: 11:13:55 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Welcome, welcome. This is a story about three brothers, Oyi, Forgo, and Ji. It will take place in the land of Kentonia, a hidden land so beautiful and created by two Ancient beings so powerful, Light and Darkness. The brothers have many adventures, and many beasts live in Kentonia. The eldest brother, Forgo, cares for his two brothers like his father. But evil always lurks in the kinder.

What do you think of the blurb? Feedback is wanted, I like feedback! Chapter 1 shall approach later or tomorrow. Stay tuned!
---
I'll be on every now and then.
#2 Posted: 17:41:46 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Uh..no feedback yet? Let's change that with Chapter 1!

Chapter 1: A Born Leader

Forgo sat on the rock cleft facing out across the Lake of the Moon. The ten year old boy grinned at the beauty of the water rippling as the dew from the star-plants dripped down the mountainside. His father's calls eventually persuaded him to head back to the house. Forgo lifted himself from his secret hideout and turned to the small door hidden in the bushes behind. His black hair flickered in the wind. He pulled open the little door and crept into the tunnel.

Oyi sat on his bunk. He stared down at the panel next to his bed and listened as his father's yells drew nearer.
"Hurry up, Forgo. The sooner you get back, the sooner we can go to the market!" Oyi whispered to himself. The boy shifted himself off of his mattress and dropped onto the floor. He grabbed for the curtain of his window to peer out at the Lake of the Moon. Forgo wasn't sat at his usual place. And Oyi could see that the door was open. Forgo had to be on his way back. The wood next to the chest of drawers swung open to reveal the mud-splattered preteen standing in the darkness.
"Hey Oyi. What d'I miss?"
"Nothing much. Except for Dad about to blow his head off because he's been calling you for the last half an hour!"
"Oh, right. I get it. Uhhh...when do we need to leave?"
"Now. Go get dressed before Dad gets up here. You have..." Oyi looked at the large clock hanging on the wall. "Thirty seconds."
"Easy peasy!" Forgo dived under his bed and pulled a chest hidden behind piles of toys and junk. He removed the lid to reveal crispy clean clothes. Forgo took off his trousers and shirt.
"Forgo, get here now! And you Oyi!" Their father bellowed. Suddenly, the panel next to Oyi and Ji's bunk-bed flipped off it's hinges. A head with tufts of hair and a stubble appeared in the open hole. He looked fairly young, but parts of his hair were greying.
"Boys, have you been listening to anything I've been saying? The marketplace will be shut by the time we get there. But that won't happen if we use a portal. Now get downstairs, the pair of you. I'll just grab my Summoning Staff." With those words, the man ducked down and sped off to his workroom. The two boys left their room and slid down the ladder that led to their living room. Forgo grabbed his and Oyi's coats from the porch, put his own on and then gave the other to Oyi. The youngest brother, Ji, stood outside the door and was kicking the snow around on the path.
"Look, Froggy, Oyi, I made a snow dragon! I dreamed of a dragon last night, and oooh, it was so cute! I want my own dragon when I grow up! Yes I do! Daddy! Look at my snow dragon!" Ji happily jumped around in his little fluffy boots.
"Yes, that's nice Ji, but we need to go. Come on, boys. The portal's ready." The man waved his staff around in the air, the crystal inside glowing, hissing, and crackling, all of a sudden a blue whirlwind zapped onto the path. The father led Ji into the blue teleporter, and Forgo and Oyi followed. Oyi grinned as the four of them appeared in a dusty marketplace filled with many people and animals. But a storm was rising just over the Mountain of the Moon. A storm that would make way for an age of Darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you thought this first chapter was a bit boring, wait for Chapter 2, it will have loads of action! The story has barely started! Feedback please!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:06 30/11/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#3 Posted: 18:02:15 30/11/2013
is this either based on Skylanders, or Spyro?
#4 Posted: 18:47:40 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Originally neither. But now that I've thought about it, I have found a place for the Skylanders as side-characters.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:16:33 01/12/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
#5 Posted: 18:49:26 30/11/2013
Then sorry to say but this does not belong in this section

Fanfiction means a story about Skylanders/Spyro

if its niether try the Non-Spyro section

sorry to say...smilie
#6 Posted: 08:10:05 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Ah. Well, I did actually think of a way to add the Skylanders, so I think it can stay here as long as I put them in there.
---
#7 Posted: 08:34:19 01/12/2013
YEAH!
#8 Posted: 09:36:33 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2: The Eye Of The Storm

Ji and his Dad stepped through the blue hole. Everyone at the market turned heads to look at the swirly whirl releasing the family. An elderly man's brow seemed to rise and join into his hair. His eyes were wide.
"L-last time I saw something like that was when Eon arrived." The man spoke. Ji's Father nodded slowly.
"Uh-heheh..." Ji looked up at his Dad.
"What does that old man mean, Daddy? What's wrong? Who's Eon?" Ji asked. Oyi and Forgo stumbled through the swirl. As soon as they set foot on the dusty plain, the blue twist closed up and vanished, returning to the staff.
"Eh, boys, maybe it was a bad idea to come here today. Actually-maybe not. LISTEN TO ME, VILLAGERS, YOU SHALL NOT REMEMBER A THING THAT HAS HAPPENED THIS HOUR, AND I CAST THAT SPELL! Lor-Ahhhh-Got!" The villagers all around seemed to flop onto the floor, closing their eyes. Then they stood up moments later, in unison, and they all had a dumb look on their faces. (0-0) Then they continued as usual.The four were the only ones that weren't affected by the spell, unless you count the animals too. Horatio, the boys' father, led them over to a pen with half a dozen sheep inside. Their huge eyes and their sniffing noses, their woolly coats and their scrawny legs. Ji grabbed for a stick and poked a lamb out of the pen.
"Ji, stop that! Put the poor creature back in it's fenced enclosure!" The man literally did it himself, he grabbed the little sheep and dropped it in the pen. Ji started to cry.
"But me wanted the sheep as food for my dragon!" He rubbed his eyes and sniffed, then he caught sight of the pancake parlor.

"PANCAKEEEES!" All three of the boys had noticed, and they practically ate the whole stall up.
"Woah, lava ripple and marsh greens are my favourite flavours!" Forgo smiled, wiping his sleeve across his mouth. Oyi stuffed a crepe into his gob. Ji, however, whilst eating his pancake, stared at the sky. The storm clouds seemed to be getting closer, but Ji could make out a purple bird-like figure spitting fire at the dark storm. Another one, a magenta colour, flicked lightning into the storm. The clouds weren't affected, they seemed to grow. No one but Ji had noticed the two figures, and he shrugged. Then it hit him. They were dragons!
"Oyi, Froggy, look! Dragons! They must be mine! Wow!!!" Ji dropped his pancake on the floor and ran along the path. He sped out of the gates and up the mountain. The clouds had already reached his house, and so he pushed open the front doors whilst standing in the eye of the storm. He slammed the doors shut and pulled off his shoes, coat and scarf, then climbed the ladder to his room. He stared out of the condensed window, but he couldn't see a thing.
"Daw...now how do I see the dragons?" But as Ji said this, the magenta dragon flapped past the window. It looked fairly dragon-like, and it was followed by the purple-gold one. A ghostly moan was sent through the mist, and two red eyes stared directly at Ji through the darkness. Next thing Ji new, he was screaming and stuck halfway under the bed.

Horatio, Oyi and Forgo stormed into the house.
"Ji, I know you like dragons, but making them up just to get home is nonsense!" Horatio said.
"Uh, Dad, Ji's gone. He's not upstairs, he's not in our room, the toilet or your workshop. Where could he be?" Forgo asked.
"What?" Horatio replied. He dropped everything and pounded up the ladder. It was true. Ji was nowhere to be seen. After hours of searching, a sudden gust of wind startled Oyi, who was still searching his room for Ji. Then he noticed that the curtains were drawn, and the window had vanished. That was when he noticed the torn cloth stuck in the door leading to their secret getaway. Part of Ji's clothing.
"Psst, Forgo, c'mere, I think I know where J is. How did he know about the secret door?" Oyi whispered to his brother. Forgo dived off the bed.
"I dunno...but someone, or something smashed our window and knew of the secret door. What happened, I dunno." Forgo inspected the door. "We'll have to tell Dad." He concluded.
"But-Forgo, did you hear the old man at the market? He said something about someone called Eon. Who's Eon?" Oyi protested. "What if Dad is evil or something?" He continued.
"Oyi, don't be stupid. Dad isn't evil. You saw how much he cared when we heard J had vanished. How can someone evil care about someone?" Forgo argued.
"But what if this is like a disguise, like he's trying to trick us. Then he might pounce on us and kill us or something. What if-"
"Oyi, shut up. Dad'll never do something like that. Your books are finally getting to you, like J's dreams are getting to him. J's just a little kid, and he might be stuck in our secret tunnel-he might have gone down to the lake and drowned or something!" Forgo said.
"That's horrible! Why would you think of something like that?" Oyi spat.
"Because he might have actually done that. And the more time we waste arguing about it, the less time we have to search for him. Look, it's getting dark now, and that storm'll stop us from doing anything at the lake, so let's tell Dad about the secret and then we can hit the sack. We could always search for him early in the morning." Forgo decided.
"OK." Oyi agreed.
---
#9 Posted: 09:37:49 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2 Part 2: The Eye Of The Storm

The two of them told their father about their secret passageway, but he didn't seem to care. He just continued to search the house.
"Dad. It's late. It's Winter, so we can't look outside because it's already dark. Anyway, umm, Dad, about earlier, at the market...who's Eon?" Forgo asked. "Oyi's worried that he's some evil dude and that because the old man said he hadn't seen a power like yours since Eon, you must be some bad guy that we need to fear. Who was Eon, who are you?"
Horatio rubbed his temple and sat down on his rocking chair. He leaned back in his chair, summoned a cup of cocoa from thin air, and took a sip.
"Boys, you know that I like fixing things in my workshop. Well, one day, before any of you were born, an elderly man wearing a horned helmet came in one day. He looked rather...regal. He asked if I was an honest man, and when I said that I honestly didn't know, he clapped his hands and this kind of...circular thing appeared. It glowed different colours and had these runes on it. Then he told me of his name. He was called Master Eon. He then told me he came from a different...'universe', and that he could travel from there to anywhere. He was something called a Portal Master. He asked me to fix his rounded thing called a Portal of Power or something like that, and that when I fixed it, well...I could wish for one thing I wanted more than anything. A family. That's what I got. You three. Eon was great." He rubbed his brow. Forgo and Oyi were sat on the floor, cross-legged, mouths agape. "And somehow, I fixed it with ease. Even though it was an Ancient build, I aced through and it was fixed within a week. Then the guy told me that if I could make myself a staff, then I would get my wish. So then he told me to head to the Deawoods and pluck a branch from one of the Cowardly Trees and combine it with a blue sapphire. Getting the branch was easy enough, but getting a sapphire, well, that's hard here. Especially when you're a poor man with a Blacksmith shop on the top of a small mountain. But Eon was still in town, and he knew that I would search and search. I did, and when I eventually stopped searching, Eon came back here and introduced a winged sapphire. Basically just a sapphire with fairy wings. If I could get Eon to laugh, then he would create the staff for me. So I tried and tried. Eventually, when I was just to give up, I yawned over one of my worktables because I was so tired, and I breathed in all the dust from the worktop. This sure made Eon crack up. He was rolling on the floor laughing. Then, when I helped him up, there was the staff. Sitting on my workbench. Glowing. Eon told me I had special powers like his. He said I was a Portal Master. But I couldn't let any of the villagers know, because there would be evil within, and they would try to destroy Kentonia for as long as I was around. He gave me his Portal and then he went back to his universe. I guess he didn't want Kentonia destroyed. I wouldn't. But when I had made the staff, I made myself a wife, and then we had Forgo. Two years later, you, Oyi. Then five years later Ji came along. Oh how I miss your mother. Forgo, Oyi. You remind me of her so much. Ji, though, she asked me if I would look after you three with my life. When your mother disappeared, I had to keep that promise. Do you two remember that terrible storm all those years ago? Well, that's why I was scared this morning when I saw those clouds and when Ji ran into the clouds a few hours ago. I was scared the storm would take him. As it did your mother. I'm sorry, boys. Now, go and get to bed. I'll be there in a moment."

Oyi and Forgo tucked themselves in.
"So...that explain your evil theory?" Forgo asked Oyi.
"Yes, actually. Don't you think there's something weird about the storm three years ago and the storm today? I remember that storm. That storm before nearly blew the Deawoods away. Now, it blew away our brother. Or something in that storm did. Where we find Ji, we'll find Mum."
"Great...another theory." Forgo sighed. "I guess you're gonna read your fantasy books. I'm gonna sleep. Read yourself to absolute boredom. Night, bro." Forgo grinned. Oyi nodded in his bunk.
"Night, bro." Oyi said.
He pulled out a book and began to read.
---
#10 Posted: 09:46:21 01/12/2013
hehe, pancake's smilie
#11 Posted: 10:01:42 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Hehe, I forgot you call people pancakes.
---
#12 Posted: 10:04:42 01/12/2013
yaysmilie!!!
#13 Posted: 10:10:30 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
So what do you think needs to be in the story that hasn't been yet?
---
#14 Posted: 10:23:11 01/12/2013
I dunno, a Skylander?/???
#15 Posted: 10:28:20 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Spyro and Cynder have appeared but not spoken yet.
The other Skylanders come in the next chapters.
---
#16 Posted: 10:31:40 01/12/2013
YAY! ok
#17 Posted: 19:11:08 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3: Darkness Calls

Ji knew where he was. He was standing over a cliff, staring down into the bubbling, steaming redness. It was Mount Lavake, the resident volcano. But it was darker, and the same storm from before was billowing out of the side of the volcano, and an ominous purple glow came from it. Ji could feel the heat rising until it hit his face, a burning, stinging sensation. He felt a hand grab his top, and he fell back because of the grip. As he lay square on the rim of the volcano, he caught the same eyes he had seen in the previous hours. But now the eyes belonged to someone, a dark figure with auburn hair and distinct cheekbones. The man held out a hand for the boy. Ji slowly decided to take the hand, and was hauled onto his feet. The stranger grinned. His eyes zapped around quickly, and he slammed his fist into his own rib-cage. It looked a hard punch, but the elder didn't seem harmed. Before he spoke, his jaw dropped, and he grabbed for his dislocated mouth. Clicking it back into place, the being spoke, a raspy, husky voice.
"You are not the right brother. The wrong one has come. You, child, you must bring me your eldest brother. Or was it the middle one? No matter...eh, how 'bout this, child, I send you back home and you bring me both your brothers. Then you will be rewarded...What do you desire most?" The man asked.
"Me? Why? Do I get a dragon?" Ji asked back.
"Yes, yes. You'll get a dragon. If you do as I ask. Now go, bring them to me when they sleep. Feed them these herbs before they go to bed. Go, child. Bring them to me in their dreams."

-Edit-

The man handed Ji some dark, curled up leaves. There were four of them. Two for Oyi, two for Forgo. The man grinned, clicked his fingers, and Ji suddenly dropped into a swirling tornado, at the bottom of it lay his bed. Ji screamed and screamed as the mattress neared, scared that he would fall through. He hugged himself, and slowly he hit the bed.

A small 'bong' sound came from the duvet as he landed. Oyi, beneath Ji's bunk, peered up from underneath. His mouth dropped.
"J! Where'd you go?! Are you okay?" The anxious brother asked.
"Huh? What do you mean? I just got stuck in a pile of snow outside. It froze up my leggies!" Ji replied.
"Eh, is that why your boots and coat were in here when we came looking for you?" Oyi questioned.
"Oh, alright. I went into Daddy's workshop and found a secret passage to this room. Then I headed into another tunnel and found a cool cave! Oooh, you've got to see it!" Part of this was true, but it hadn't happened that day. Ji had discovered a secret in Horatio's workplace that led all over Kentonia. But the boys didn't know that yet.
"Okay. Night then, Ji." Oyi concluded.
"Night, Oyi." Ji spoke back. Then he remembered the leaves. He raised one to his nose to sniff, and then a sudden urge made him lower it to his mouth. He was about to take a nibble, when Forgo started to speak in his sleep.

"Mehmah! Baghag! Ugh...whatta?" Forgo shivered around and woke up. "Ji! You're back! What are you eating?" Forgo noticed.
"Huh? Oh, these? They're yummy. Here you go, try some!" Ji lied. He threw two of the leaves over to Forgo, who snatched them from the air. He immediately scoffed them, as if he were really hungry. Suddenly, his eyes went all wonky and he fell back asleep straight away. Oyi woke up and asked Ji the same as Forgo had asked. Ji repeated the procedure, and Oyi dropped like a needle. Ji wondered what the strange person wanted with the two brothers, but all he cared about now was his dragon he was promised.
"M-maybe-" Ji yawned, "Maybe I'll get it in the morning-" And Ji fell asleep, snoring and dreaming of what all kids would dream about if they knew of the magic in the world.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:35 02/12/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
#18 Posted: 09:23:12 08/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4: Evil Within

"Welcome, welcome...to the Underworld. You....are Oyi Jakob...and you are here....to meet your doom.....you may ask.....one question.....before you die....." Lots of different hissing voices seemed to whisper to Oyi. He shivered, he hugged himself, he rocked back and forth. He pulled his legs closer to him. He wondered what he was doing here. Why he was here. That's what he'd ask.
"Why am I here, who are you, stranger? I can't die yet, I'm only eight!" The boy called into the darkness. His voice echoed around. The hissing voice answered about two minutes later.
"I have told you why you.....Oyi Jakob.....are here....." It spoke. Oyi quivered, and looked up. The darkness covered everything, and Oyi truly believed he was dead.
"But why?" Oyi asked.
"I have told....you, Oyi Jakob, why.....you are here.....to die...." It repeated.
"But why do I have to die?!"
"Just....shut up, boy! Let....let me finish....my words....." It shouted. "Good. Sssssilencccce. Now, Oyi Jakob, you are here to die.....because you are a-" The voice was cut off. A roaring, smashing sound came from directly in front of Oyi. He stood up, slowly, and stepped into the darkness.

Forgo sat and rocked back and forth with his head tucked into his legs, just like Oyi had done. Forgo raised his head. He looked around.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:14:12 28/12/2013 by Fan Of Skylands
#19 Posted: 09:28:52 08/12/2013
........ok then
#20 Posted: 12:46:45 21/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5: The Darklands

The discoloured creature turned its head. His eyes burned into Forgo's soul.
"That's the child. Fan out, silence it, capture it. Then we take him to the Master." He waited. "Well, go on then!" The beast instructed the other creatures. At this second order, they leaped into action. The rhinoceros-like one rolled under a dead tree. He then creeped over to the boy. A black dragon sped through the clouds around Forgo. It then dropped onto Forgo, grabbed his shoulders, and covered Forgo's mouth with its tail. The rhino followed the dragon from the ground. Forgo watched as he was flying towards a claw-like mountain.

Eventually, the dragon landed on a perch ledge above a throne. There sat a shadowed figure in a cloak made of Darkness. A grin on his face and a look of his eyes made Forgo cringe. The man was feeble, or appeared so. He had a crown of bones upon his head. He caught Forgo's eye. The man raised his hand, and he called for the dragon. The winged beast dropped Forgo on the floor in front of the throne. The man pulled himself out of his seat.
"Welcome, Forgo! We've been waiting! I remember this day from my own childhood, Forgo. But then you are thinking, 'What does this man mean? Is he some sort of young-old-man-creature?' No. I, Forgo, am actually you. But from the future. A future where you are fighting against your brother...Oyi. To stop him from destroying us, you must kill him now. You musssssst!" Elder-Forgo hissed. He grabbed Forgo and shook him. "Do it for me, do it for ussss!"
Forgo's mouth was agape and his eyes were wide open, speechless and shocked. Slowly, he nodded.
"B-but I love my brothers. How can I kill them?!"
"You only have to kill Oyi. He's the threat. Jiziah shall become an ally to you when the time is right. It is for the best, child. You must go now. And don't forget, when you are forced into exile, you shall head into the Darklands. There should be something waiting for you there...now go!" Elder-Forgo grabbed Forgo and gave him to the dragon.
---
#21 Posted: 08:25:22 22/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6: The Darklanders

"Who are you, old-me didn't mention you? What are you? You look like a rhino! An ugly one!" Forgo questioned and giggled.
"Why you litt-" The rhino was cut off.
"Calm, Roarno, this is the Master, remember. We mustn't hurt him..." The dragon hissed.
"Yeah. Sorry, kiddo. As you can guess, I'm Roarno, and I'm one of your Darklanders. Ever heard of...Skylands? 'Cause they have Skylanders, and they defend that place. Same here. We defend and serve our home."
"Now, child, I am your trusted Darklander, I am the most loyal. I am called Sin." The dragon spoke.
"You? Most loyal? Heh. Really?" Roarno argued.
"Well, you normally lose yer temper." The dragon fought. He was a small-ish dragon with grey scales with a black underbelly and wingskin. He also had sparkly silver horns upon his head.
Roarno was a bulk of a rhino that was black with red eyes, his horn was a fire of silver. He had fists laced with metal stubs which he used to punch enemies with. His legs were short, but when they were in action, he could speed along with those little stumps.
"Don't leave me outta this!" Another voice cried.

Suddenly, a large scarab beetle crawled among the other two Darklanders. It reared up in front of Forgo, and suppressed a small cackle of laughter. It raised a leg and patted Forgo on the back, gruffly.
"Now, my name is Incantate. I am you most loyal Darklander. You don't need Roarno or Sin. Heh. Now, let ussss get you home, Master." The beetle told Forgo.
"But I think Sin is cute, and Roarno's funny! You're a bit scary, Incantate. No offense. Home sounds good. Oh, and from what I heard before I got here, I think my brother Oyi fell trick to those leaves that my brother Ji gave us. Any idea where he is?" Forgo asked.
"No. He isn't here. Go, now, Sire. You mussst return home at once, dawn approaches! Shoo! Just go through that gate back into your world! Shoo!" Incantate murmured. Forgo did as he was told, but it was suspicious that Ji had suddenly reappeared, with a few leaves that had made his two brothers fall asleep. But why had Ji done it? Was it something to do with him going missing? Who knew?
---
#22 Posted: 09:21:30 22/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7: Skylands

Oyi stepped from the dark cloud. It all happened so fast. One minute he was standing in a cloud, the next he was falling through the air, down, down, down. He was going to die, he knew that. So how had he escaped? Something had disturbed the voice that was ordering him to death. But what? He was falling, the air through his hair and his fingers. He was splayed out, waving uncontrollably. Then-SMACK! A magenta-and-red tail slapped him in the face.
"Whoop, sorry about that. Or am I? No, I am. Sorry. Now, come quick, I gotta show ya something." Oyi stood up. He held his head where he had been hit.

He realized that he was standing on land. He jumped about cheerily, then hugged and kissed a rock, as it was ground. He noticed that a woman-girl voice was speaking to him.
"Child? C'mon, hurry up! Are ya comin' or what? You can't stand around all day. That's for Bambazookers! You gotta see something." The voice hurried him. Oyi turned around. There he saw a magenta-and-red dragon. He braced himself, pushed himself against the rock worriedly, prepared to die. But the dragon didn't strike.
"Oh, I see. You're thinking that you're gonna di
e here. Nah. You should have come when I was evil if you wanted that to happen!" The voice said. Oyi let out a little grimace and cry for help. Then, through his tears, he noticed it was the dragon talking. His mouth dropped open. Slowly, the dragon prowled closer to him. A few metres away from him, she tucked her legs together and sat down. She wrapped her tail around herself.
"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Cynder. You might have heard of me. You are?" The dragon explained.
Oyi's face merged together. He had no idea who this dragon was. He'd never heard of her. He gained his voice again.
"O-Oyi...why am I still alive...?" He stuttered. Cynder raised an eye. She spoke.
"Well, Oyi, I can tell you ain't heard of me, but we'll get ta that later. So, you're still alive because some other guys and I just ambushed that cloud you were in. That's called Darkness. It's like that storm the other day, at your house. Spyro and I led an attack on it. I'll tell you about Spyro and the others on the way to the place. Anyway, you're alive because of your own curiosity. Oh, that and cos of me. Now, come on, climb onto my back, kiddo." She instructed him. Then, her legs sped up and her wings spread out. She leaped over a rock and took to the air. Oyi clung onto her, and hugged her tail. He felt sick. Airsick. She shook her tail about, and Oyi opened his eyes. He gazed out across the sky.

There were segments of land floating through the sky. Some moved, others were still. Some were huge, some were tiny. Oyi swallowed his sickness and swiveled around to sit comfortably. The wind in his face and a wondrous sight made him want to fly. He stood up on Cynder's back and raised his arms in the air. He shook them around, only to be stopped by Cynder. She flicked him with her tail, knocking him over. Oyi decided to sit quietly and stop enjoying himself. Cynder dropped towards the ground, running downwards. Oyi looked around. Were those...pirate ships? Flying pirate ships? Cynder swerved around the ships, then she gagged. A net fell over her, and Oyi let out a wail. He had fallen to like the dragon. He didn't even know where he was, and his only friend here had been captured. He looked up, to see that there were green people wearing masks over their heads, who had long, pointy ears. At that moment, one chucked a cannonball over the edge of the ship, and Cynder just about avoided it. Oyi held her tail, and steered it towards the floating island below. She roared, and let out a ghostly moan. A green-white ghost leapt out of Cynder's body. It ran forwards, leaving a dark black streak across the sky. Oyi shivered as he noticed that he was holding onto the ghost. When it had escaped the net, the ghost shifted back into Cynder. The two had landed and escaped the skypirates. Then Cynder bowed her head.
"Welcome to Skylands, Oyi Jakob."
---
#23 Posted: 08:57:56 23/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 8: Master Eon

Oyi turned around. There was a balcony and a rounded building. Oyi looked again at the balcony. A tall, elderly man with a large white beard and horned helmet stood there. He held a staff with crystals upon it. It was Master Eon.
"A-are you...?" Oyi stuttered. He wiped his hand across his head. There was no point in asking.
"Yes. I am Portal Master Eon. I take it your father has told you of me." Eon rested on his staff. "How is dear Horatio?" He asked.
"H-Horatio? Oh, Dad! He's fine! It was only yesterday that we were told about you, Master Eon. You gave Dad a family! That's what he had always wanted!" Oyi grinned.
"Ah, yes. How are your brothers and your mother, whilst I'm at it?"
"Uh...Mum was taken by a storm cloud a few years ago. Her b-b-body was never found."
"Ah. I am sorry. Let us hold a moment of silence for her loss." Eon paused for a minute or two. "Now, Oyi. You were close to her. Her loss gave you a stammer. You should learn to outgrow this. I'm here to help."
Cynder cut in. She was sitting behind Oyi, her head on her paws. She raised her head. "Wait a minute, I nearly got caught by Drow Pirates to help someone with a stammer? What a waste. Couldn't he just go to a physician or summat?"
"Cynder, please. I have told you your mission. And it was not to help a boy with his stuttering problem. Oyi, that is not the only of reasons you have been summoned here. Follow me. Cynder, if you please." Eon walked into his citadel. Cynder nodded and leaped from her laying down position. She sped above Oyi, and grabbed his shoulders. She flew over to the balcony and dropped the boy on his feet. Oyi caught his balance. He stared as Cynder curled herself around a pillar. She fell asleep.

Oyi walked slowly behind Eon, and he looked around at the runes and pictures on the walls of the corridor. There was one of Eon standing on a Portal, with a strange fluffy creature wearing green standing behind him. It had glasses and was holding a book.
"Ah, yes. That's Hugo, he is a Mole-Mabu. What is a Mole-Mabu, you shall ask. Well, it is half a Molekin and half a Mabu. And there you have it. Mole-Mabu!" Eon chuckled to himself. He wiped a finger across his brow. Then he waved around his staff. He continued to walk. He led Oyi into a dome-ceiling room with eight different gateways. There was a flame one, a water droplet, a swirly line, a rock, a star, a cog, a leaf and a human skull.
"This is the Element Room. These are Elemental Gates to the other worlds. Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Magic, Tech, Life and Undead. Your escort, Cynder, is Undead. Now, if you come here....this passage leads to my Portal Gallery. Go on, child. Unlock the true secrets of your blood." Eon instructed.
"What do you mean?" Oyi asked.
"I have the feeling that you are Portal Master blood. I shall give you a Skylander to see if it is true. Here we house many creatures, but a dragon has just hatched from an egg we have been storing. You can name him and look after him. He shall be yours, if you can reveal yourself as a Portal Master. Enter."
---
#24 Posted: 08:40:03 24/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 9: The Truth

Oyi stepped into the Portal Keep. There sat a little dragon with dark scales and dark purple eyes. It flapped its wings around, but as it hovered, a small cloud of Darkness came streaming out behind it. When it saw Oyi it hissed, stopped flying, and ran towards the Portal. Oyi raised a hand and leaped over to the Portal, grabbing the dragon before it escaped. Then Oyi stood next to the Portal and waved a hand around. Eon had told him what to do.
"I command thee, Portal of Power, summon me a vision of...Kentonia!" He called into the colour-changing circle. It started to form a picture of the land of Kentonia, but it was covered in snow. Also, the volcano, Mount Lavake, was shooting out purple lava. The Sun was gone, covered with clouds. A huge head, with burning red eyes and a menacing grin sped towards the volcano, disappearing into it. Then, a few seconds later, a man with auburn hair, ghoulish black skin and purple eyes came rolling down the Lavake. He looked familiar. His facial structure looked like Forgo. But it couldn't be, Forgo had black hair, not red! The images started to fade, and Eon stepped into the room.

"Well, you have discovered the future of your land. Oyi, you are a Portal Master, commander of Portals and summoner of Skylanders. Skylanders protect Skylands, so you should take this dragon back to your home. He will be your Kentonian Lander...wait, that sounds weird and really work well unless you are from Skylands or the Darkl-" Eon stopped. "But yes, he will be yours, a Kentonian Guardian, if you will. Someday, though, you will return. Now tell me, what did you see in the future?" Eon continued.
"Eon, tell me first. What were you about to say before you called him the Guardian?" Oyi ordered. Eon seemed to let out a grimace as he sat on a rock within the Portal Keep.
"Okay. Child, there was once a part of Skylands that became consumed with Darkness and Evil. The great Portal Master Nattybumpo, my mentor, cast out the section and placed it near another realm. The realm was only just growing, and the Darklands will soon claim your world, Kentonia. The Darklands is tiny, but it devoured over fifty-million Sky-islands. That's a lot. But it's time will return, unless you stop it. Oyi Jakob, you are the true Kentonian Guardian. I will mentor you, until you have learnt enough. Then you can go back to Kentonia, and when the time comes, you will do what is right." Eon stood up. He petted the dragon of Oyi's.
"So, what have you decided to call him?" Eon asked.
"I was thinking, maybe Dream. He looks like something my brother dreamed about. He's always wanted a dragon, see. Then my other brother has always wanted to be a dragon. But he seems more...distant, now. It's odd, really." Oyi replied.
"And which brother is this?" Eon questioned.
"His name's Forgo."
"Ah...Oyi, I pre-warn you, Forgo will someday attempt to kill you and Dream. You should also be careful of your youngest, Jiziah. They are both dangerous, Oyi. When the time comes, come to Skylands and train Dream all you can. You can have a look around the Plateau now, and the beach. Go make some friends. You'll be here a while. Then come back here so I can take away your stammer." Eon told him. Oyi thanked him and took Dream out for a walk. He just couldn't stop thinking about what Eon had said. Why'd he have to stay here, when he could be in Kentonia? Why would Forgo and Ji hurt him? It was just nonsense to make him stay here! Ha!
---
#25 Posted: 10:27:17 27/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10: The Veil Of Love

Ji sat upright on his bed. He peered out of the window, but no dragon had come. He waited. A small, scuffling noise came from under his bed and the bed across from him. A dark black swirl appeared on Forgo's bed, but on Oyi's a shiny white one. Ji jumped from his bed.
"Where did you two go? Did you ask the scary man about my dragon? When will it arrive?!" Ji hurried them. Forgo looked at Oyi, Oyi looked at Forgo, an evil menacing inside of Forgo made him want to leap and strangle Oyi there, have it done. But Oyi couldn't know about it yet. Oyi turned round to his bed. He grabbed his clothes and bed-sheets, he packed them into a bag and headed into his father's room. A few minutes later, he came out with Horatio hard on his heels. The man had his staff and was preparing something in his free hand. Forgo and Ji looked at each other, and shrugged in unison. Then they ran after Oyi and Horatio. They came to a door, which, by the time the two young children reached it, it was locked. Forgo and Ji struggled to open it, but they came to the conclusion of looking through the keyhole. Oyi must have been up to something, why else would he grab his stuff and go into their Portal Keep? Then Forgo understood. Oyi wanted to know what a Portal did. It was obvious, really! Yes, that was it.

Ji stared through the keyhole. All he could see was a robe and a staff. Oh, Dad could block almost anything! Now he was in the way of something really important! Ji couldn't wait to see what Oyi was doing, but his Dad wasn't exactly moving. Then, he whispered to Forgo.
"Let us go see through the window! Daddy is blocking the keyhole so we can't see!" And Ji jumped off of the stepladder, then he ran outside. Ji stood on a snow pile and peered through the window. This was a perfect view! Forgo came running out after him. Ji had already witnessed enough. The Portal was glowing by the time Forgo arrived, and it had swallowed Oyi and Horatio up.
"What happened? Did I miss it?" Forgo asked, worriedly. Ji clapped his hands together.
"They went on the Portal and vanished!" Ji cried out. He shrugged. Then he looked at the snow pile beneath him.
"Let's wait until they get back, if they do! Now we can snowball fight, right, Froggy?" Ji asked.

He picked up some snow and shaped it into a ball. Forgo hid behind the wall of the house. A snowball flew past his head. He carved his own. He popped his head around the corner and threw two balls. Ji flew backwards, tumbling down the snow pile. Two legs stuck up in the air as Ji was struck down by Forgo. The young child rolled down the mountain which their house was on, until he hit the frozen Lake of the Moon. Ji slid across the ice. Forgo ran down the mountain after him. Finally, he reached the Lake.
"Gah, where's the ferryman when you need him?!" Forgo yelled across the icy lake. Then he saw Ji standing up, his feet confused, his left leg going right and his right leg going left. Ji pointed to a cave just under the Portal Keep window, it was barely noticeable. Hidden under the floor, behind a bushy rock. Forgo had never noticed it before, but Ji seemed to know what he was doing. Forgo picked at the flaking snow, climbing the steep mountain until he reached the outside of the Portal room. He pushed away the snow to reveal the bush, which he kicked his way through. He tripped over a rock, corrected himself, and crept into the cave.

"Hello, Eon. It's great to see you again!" Horatio shook Eon's hand. The elderly man grunted, and he looked back at Horatio.
"Yes. It has been a long time since you came here, Ratio. I sense there has been some confusion as to why your son is here, yes? Well, it was because of his brothers. You will not believe me, Horatio, if I am to tell you that your other children shall turn to Darkness. I see the look of horror on your face already. You doubt that they could begin to even hate. I am right, yes?" Eon foretold. "For it is the Veil of Love that is blinding you. If you did not love them, you would be able to see the shroud over them already." He continued. Oyi was speechless. Horatio looked at the floor.
"I know this is true, Eon. It was the prophecy of the Cavern. You showed me twelve years ago, back in Kentonia. In the Cavern of Futures. How can you forget the Gibbering Skeleton? Oh, he was scary..." Horatio wiped away a tear. "Eon, I remember clearly. I just thought that I could...change my boys. Change their futures. But Forgo shall never change." He turned to Oyi. "Now, son, you stay here with Eon and look after yourself. Come back to Kentonia whenever you want. Stay in touch." Slowly, he walked over to Oyi, hugged him deeply, and turned to Eon's Portal.
"G'bye, Daddy..." Oyi whispered.
---
#26 Posted: 09:31:01 28/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 11: The Legend Of The Gibbering Skeleton/The Legend Of The End

The skull rotated. A grin emerged on the skull's jaw. The shadowy figure on the other side of the cave drew closer. It was the boy. The Skeleton raised his hand.
"Heeeellllllooooooo, Fffforgo. Ye havvve come, at lasssst. Here, come here, quickly, boy!" The Gibber called. Forgo had a look of horror on his face. He squinted at the Gibbering Skeleton.
"W-who are you? I can't see you in this dark. Do you know where the Tunnel of the Moon Lake is? I need to rescue my brother, he's stuck on the frozen Lake of the Moon, please help me!"
"No. Yoooooou shall help me. You are Ff-Forgo, yessss?"
"Uh..yes. I am Forgo. Who are you?"
The Skeleton raised a hand to his rusted jail bars. He wrapped his bone fingers around a bar. He rolled his eyes. "Come now, Thief. Don't be shy. Step into the light where you can be seen. Then I shall reveal myself. Sssstep now." The Skeleton had a guttural voice, somewhere in-between human and creature.

A lantern caught alight next to the prison. Forgo slowly, cautiously, stepped into the beams of the flame. Forgo looked at the rustic, gothic prison. When he saw the Skeleton in the cell, he tripped backwards. Breathing quickly, Forgo stared at it. The Skeleton loved making a fool of this kingly figure. He rolled his head to look at the boy, who, already scared, became petrified, as if he had seen a ghost. "Now, child. Grab that there key for me. Place it in thisss lock and I shall be freeeeee!" He pointed to a shiny treasure at the other end of the room. Forgo shivered.
"Why should I help you? First, you creep me out, second, you won't tell me how to reach my brother, then you creep me out again. You're a skeleton, for Stormhound's sake! You're dead!" Forgo yelled. He knew that last one wasn't true.

"That is where you are wrong, sir. If you fail to help me, you cannot possibly become King of Kentonia." It told him. "Lemme explain summat to you. Ye are destined to-"
"Become evil, I know that. I don't want to. I want to live with my family. Now I've lost my brother, and am probably about to lose my youngest brother. Y'know what? I wish I had never been born!"
"-be a great king. Ye shan't be evil unless you commit the crime." The Skeleton concluded. Forgo was puzzled. He raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" Forgo asked. He sat down cross-legged on the dusty floor. The Skeleton lent on the bars, his feet and legs seemed to be a lot thinner than the rest of his bones. "And what's with your legs?" Forgo questioned.
"The first question is which I shall answer. Many years ago, I was a wizard in a land called Skylands. I was imprisoned for...something even I cannot remember. I remember a curse, but that is all. A curse to end all worlds, universes, planets, galaxies, grahuhahahah! When I aged, there was a fire that ended my humanoid life. The curse kept me living. The curse gave me wisdom. The curse...the curse...the curse is you. Now ye are here, I shall end it." Forgo stood up, enthralled by the Skeleton's story.
"Uhh..what?" Forgo spoke. "I don't get it. What do you mean by ending the universe?" He begged to know. The Skeleton changed the subject.
"My legs, yes? Well, they were damaged during the fire. They were also worn by the chains holding me to the wall. I broke my bonds centuries ago and have watched the world develop."
"ANSWER MY QUESTION!" Forgo commanded.
"Y-y-yes, Thief King. Ye shall end the universe. Take it over, that be. You are King of Your Universe, Forgo. I shall end this curse!" His words ended as a long, ear-breaking screech that broke the jail bars and moved the rocks of the walls. It echoed through the caves. Forgo held his ears and fell to the floor.

As the Skeleton crumbled away, a dark, ghoulish spirit flew from the crushed bones. It looked for a host. Something alive. That's when it saw the being. The small one. It sped towards the host. It claimed the body, feeding on the life. The body slowly started to turn inside-out. Forgo stood up, the screech fading. He watched as a dark aura surrounded a tiny mouse in the corner of the Skeleton's cell. He wiped his forehead, placing his hand against his burning headache. He looked around, and saw a pebble roll out of his way. There it was. The Lake. His brother. He ran over to the boat, grabbed the oars, and rowed. The ice broke around him. He had just enough time to grab Ji. He picked up Ji and sat him on the opposite bench.
"Row." Forgo told him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:58 11/01/2014 by Fan Of Skylands
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me