Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Pro-life vs. Pro-choice [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#51 Posted: 03:15:33 30/11/2013
Quote: scratchking22
Quote: Underian
Pro-Life. Adoption :B

Well, the earth is already overpopulated and millions of kids are in adoption homes, foster homes, orphanages, etc. already. Plus, being an orphan would be a major damper and make life a nightmare.

Welp, it's better than dying before birth.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#52 Posted: 03:18:21 30/11/2013
Well on a personal level, I wouldn't want my wife to get an abortion unless it was needed for medical reasons, but as for as legality goes, I think it is the decision of the family and the government has no right to interfere with that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:37 30/11/2013 by Metallo
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#53 Posted: 04:10:04 30/11/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons

Well, the earth is already overpopulated and millions of kids are in adoption homes, foster homes, orphanages, etc. already. Plus, being an orphan would be a major damper and make life a nightmare.

not necessarily, even if the kid got adopted, there's a high statistic of violence with adopted kids and egdshibjfokgdnhm yeah
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#54 Posted: 04:23:31 30/11/2013
Quote: arceustheprime

not necessarily, even if the kid got adopted, there's a high statistic of violence with adopted kids and egdshibjfokgdnhm yeah

What's "better" is all a matter of perspective. We should just all agree to disagree.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#55 Posted: 04:28:11 30/11/2013

That's debatable. Are we considering regions of the globe in this discussion? Say the child was born in West Africa or Syria (in its current situation). I would envision that child's life unfortunately being extremely short and filled with suffering. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#56 Posted: 04:51:44 30/11/2013
A question to those who support pro-life.

Would you be pleased if a child of a mother who wanted to undergo the abortion procedure but couldn't, placed their unwanted child on your doorstep for you to care for?
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#57 Posted: 04:56:17 30/11/2013
I'd probably send the child to live with my grandparents or other relatives that don't live horrible lives.

@HIR.

I was mainly thinking of some country like USA or Canda or England. I can see your point though.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:56:53 30/11/2013 by MoonHorizons
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7118
#58 Posted: 05:12:05 30/11/2013
Pro-choice.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#59 Posted: 07:26:17 30/11/2013
I'd probably send the child to live with my grandparents or other relatives that don't live horrible lives.

Why? If your pro-life, why don't you take the responsibility of the title?
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#60 Posted: 07:43:04 30/11/2013

I hope your relatives like millions of kids running around their house.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#61 Posted: 07:49:28 30/11/2013
Quote: JCW555
This is a case-by-case basis for me.

If, for example, a woman was raped, I would be pro-choice for sure.

But, if someone was intentionally trying to get pregnant, then gets pregnant, but then decides that they don't want to be pregnant, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't rob someone of a life because of your flip-flop decisions.

But it's okay to "rob someone of a life" because of something they had absolutely nothing to with?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#62 Posted: 08:46:21 30/11/2013
Why should the "baby" (if that is one's belief) be forced to die because his father did something horrible?

If you (generic "you", not you-Pixilism) believe that a fetus in the womb is equal to a baby outside the womb, then the idea that it's okay to "kill" a fetus/baby because of something the father did... is just plain scary.

Your question directly, why should she be forced to raise a baby for 18 years? If the raped mother tries to be strong and have the baby, then, when the baby is six months old and she has a breakdown and decides she no longer wishes to take care of the baby, would you (again, generic "you" who believes that a fetus=baby) be okay with her pushing the baby stroller into a lake?

And to clarify, I have little-to-no-opinion on the "fetus=baby" part of the debate. I just think that if you are an individual who believes this, but are okay with killing the baby/fetus under the "right" circumstances... well, you scare me.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#63 Posted: 09:20:17 30/11/2013
Quote: Dark Lord
Quote: NINJAsk11
Quote: Dark Lord

You and Wspyro's awesome ratings are going up to me.

HELLO I SAID I JOINED!!!

You already know you're awesome in my books. xD

*bows* yeah sure, Gold Ho-Oh and Silver Lugia
xD
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me