Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > What is Your Opinion on Capital Punishment? Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 1
What is Your Opinion on Capital Punishment? Good or Bad? [CLOSED]
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#1 Posted: 21:30:26 18/11/2013 | Topic Creator
This is for a project at my school.

If you don't know, Capital Punishment is the death penalty or being sentenced to death.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 21:37:47 18/11/2013
Funny, I had to make this proyect 2 weeks ago smilie
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 21:39:03 18/11/2013
I strongly believe that it is good. Why?

If you're going to end somebody else's life, your own life might as well be ended. We cannot show any mercy to those who end lives, unless justified (self defense, which will likely cause great emotional pain to the killer, even then). Make room in our prisons for bank robbers, or criminals responsible for a lesser offense. I've also heard that it can help remedy our potential overpopulation. Kill off the murderers.
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#4 Posted: 21:42:54 18/11/2013
I had to do a debate in class about this as well. It was hard thinking of debates against it, and thats what i was assigned to do.
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#5 Posted: 21:52:12 18/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I believe one of the main problems with the death penalty is someone could be found guilty in court, got the lethal injection, then a year or two later, new evidence is found, proving the man is innocent. Unless resurrection is possible (which it definitely isn't), that is a random person's life ended.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#6 Posted: 21:53:12 18/11/2013
Sane people, PM me for the link to the good chat
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#7 Posted: 21:54:10 18/11/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
I strongly believe that it is good. Why?

If you're going to end somebody else's life, your own life might as well be ended. We cannot show any mercy to those who end lives, unless justified (self defense, which will likely cause great emotional pain to the killer, even then). Make room in our prisons for bank robbers, or criminals responsible for a lesser offense. I've also heard that it can help remedy our potential overpopulation. Kill off the murderers.

Your opinion is making me rethink mine... Now I dunno what to believe >.<
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#8 Posted: 21:59:47 18/11/2013
If they're gonna make you live in prison for 20 years then kill you what's the point? I say there should be something much more severe. We have to come up with an incredibly severe punishment for taking lives. Make them regret what they did for the rest of their life. Instead of just dying themselves. I feel that murder would lessen greatly if the government becomes a little inhumane about it themselves. If someone hits you, you hits them back harder. Not if someone hits you, you make sure that you hit them just as hard as they hit you or a little lighter. THATS NOT HOW IT SHOUL WORK
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#9 Posted: 22:04:21 18/11/2013
Quote: Ninpire
If they're gonna make you live in prison for 20 years then kill you what's the point? I say there should be something much more severe. We have to come up with an incredibly severe punishment for taking lives. Make them regret what they did for the rest of their life. Instead of just dying themselves. I feel that murder would lessen greatly if the government becomes a little inhumane about it themselves. If someone hits you, you hits them back harder. Not if someone hits you, you make sure that you hit them just as hard as they hit you or a little lighter. THAT'S NOT HOW IT SHOULD WORK

Question is...If they became more inhumane...Then would they be able to control themselves from starting to do stuff to innocent humans such as torture and that?

The more inhumane you are to people, the more inhuman you become.

Well, that's how I see it. *Shrugs*
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#10 Posted: 22:11:16 18/11/2013
Quote: Dark Lord
If they're gonna make you live in prison for 20 years then kill you what's the point? I say there should be something much more severe. We have to come up with an incredibly severe punishment for taking lives. Make them regret what they did for the rest of their life. Instead of just dying themselves. I feel that murder would lessen greatly if the government becomes a little inhumane about it themselves. If someone hits you, you hits them back harder. Not if someone hits you, you make sure that you hit them just as hard as they hit you or a little lighter. THAT'S NOT HOW IT SHOULD WORK

Question is...If they became more inhumane...Then would they be able to control themselves from starting to do stuff to innocent humans such as torture and that?

The government should stop murder with fear
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#11 Posted: 22:21:16 18/11/2013
I think it's good.

If we let murders know the punishment for their crime is death maybe they'll slowly stop. Although some murders commit suicide after killing...but it might get the point across. And if they are going to kill someone, they must have the right punishment (which I think would be death.)
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#12 Posted: 22:27:46 18/11/2013
Quote: Dark Lord

The government should stop murder with fear

I dunno...Sounds like something terrorists would try...But again, just my opinion.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:08 18/11/2013 by Dark Lord
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#13 Posted: 22:28:16 18/11/2013
I personally think the death sentence is okay. It should be done so that the victim though, dies instantly and doesn't feel any pain.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#14 Posted: 22:32:14 18/11/2013
Quote: slambam104
I think it's good.

If we let murders know the punishment for their crime is death maybe they'll slowly stop. Although some murders commit suicide after killing...but it might get the point across. And if they are going to kill someone, they must have the right punishment (which I think would be death.)

Agreed. Except I don't think it's likely that they'll stop many mentally unstable sociopaths commit the murder whilst knowing that it is illegal, and they just don't have the mental stability to care.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#15 Posted: 23:25:05 18/11/2013
It depends. If the murderer kills someone for sport or no good reason, then they deserve it. But, if they do it in self- defense, then they don't deserve the death sentence.

Let's just say:

1. Someone kills another person over a disagreement. They deserve the sentence

2. Someone kills another person to prevent the other person from harming the person or to prevent the person from endangerimg them or someone else. Then they don't deserve the setence.

In conclusion:

1. Killing others for silly/stupid/no good reasons deserve the sentence.

2. Killing in self defense usually does not deserve the sentence unles it was done in a cruel manner.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#16 Posted: 00:28:36 19/11/2013
It depends on the situation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:35 19/11/2013 by Metallo
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me