Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > You know what rocks and sucks at the same time?
Page 1 of 1
You know what rocks and sucks at the same time? [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 01:31:08 18/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Having a best friend of the opposite sex. I mean, come on, everyone needs one. However, if you're both abstractly-thinking nerds, as with my case, it will probably be akin to being married, as you will find yourselves arguing over the most trivial things, with the male not knowing what he did. -.-

Nevertheless, we still love each other and have each other's backs. ^.^ Know what I mean?
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#2 Posted: 01:40:55 18/11/2013
I have a male best friend. We don't argue much, and when we do most of the time it's...not very trivial. Or maybe I just remember the serious arguments more. And there are some arguments where I'm left thinking 'What did I do??' and I'm sure he's thought the same with others. Though I do try to make it clear what the problem was, and he tends to do the same.

tbh most of our trivial arguments aren't even really arguments, but rather a case of 'Hey we disagree on this let's pretend to argue'.

We think so alike it's both lovely and scary. My mom used to tease me, saying I liked him. Then I told her I was homoromantic and that was pretty much the end of it. Even so, it does tend to feel like we're two halves to a greater whole, despite there being nothing romantic whatsoever.

I regret absolutely nothing.
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#3 Posted: 01:52:26 18/11/2013
I don't have any best friends of the opposite gender, but I know what you mean I think. I mean, I have a lot of opposite gender friends that I get along with well, but no best friends. Those people are almost like brothers to me sometimes, but that's probably because me and my own brother are so close, and I have no sisters.

Ironically, I have a friend of the same gender who other people have even brought it up that we like each other, but I'm straight, and neither of us had a interest in each other that way. smilie

I don't know anymore... smilie
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 02:03:40 18/11/2013
My best friend is normally busy with theater and other school work. But when we do (and used to) have free time and randomly see each other, we would ask how we are doing and what games and movies we'd recommend. Though he actually does do movie reviews himself. We'd used to get into the silliest of debates. Like how I hate the Warrior fandom (if you know me well you would know why. Though I do not mind my friends being Warrior fans themselves.) Then he included Blaze because fandoms are connected somehow. Then I had to thoroughly explain that I do not hate Blaze, in fact Blaze is up in my respected Sonic character list (it be mental list). Then there was this other time where we were discussing about Sonic Shuffle and how it's a bit of a mess, though I did grew up with the game. So I explained that if they can make another Sonic Shuffle, but it involving the Chaos emeralds, Character story view (Perhaps adding characters from the comics to be the antagonist? *brick'd*), and all stories ending with the same boss battle. Then it would be better.

We don't exactly have fights to the point that we are pissed off at each other, we just have opinion-ful debates.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#5 Posted: 02:09:38 18/11/2013
I keep being friendzoned. :)
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#6 Posted: 02:12:09 18/11/2013
Quote: somePerson
I keep being friendzoned. smilie

That's not always a good thing
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#7 Posted: 02:16:23 18/11/2013
I don't know... basically the humans are all the same. But I must admit that having these opposite sex friends is always win-win-situation. I just love it that they give me more meaningful and profound aspects of being a woman and how a woman feels differently compared to a man (I'm a dude).
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#8 Posted: 02:36:18 18/11/2013
I have 1 best friend of the opposite sex. We normally only talk about Minecraft, Superheroes, and other things. We have not once argued. We have disagreed on a few things though.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#9 Posted: 02:47:46 18/11/2013
I had a female best friend offline. We enjoyed talking to each other or just being around each other, but boy was she bossy.

I haven't found the "Suck" part for online female best friends. Could be because I find people with very similar point of views as me.
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#10 Posted: 03:11:28 18/11/2013
I have no offline friends, but I think I have more female online than male friends.

I have a few best friends, but I've haven't had a argument or bad moment with them, I always manage to find the kind and good people to make friends with, while I myself, also stay kind to the same friends.

Even though it might help, I'm just too nice to find myself to get into argument, I don't disagree either, I just say "Okay, that's your opinion, and this my opinion, we just have different opinions" Then I kind of shrug it off and give a smile, respecting their opinion as long as the same respect is shown, and if they disagreed in argument, I'd probably still try to talk about it calmly, and if they can't respect opinions, then I wouldn't honestly know what I'd do, though I try to keep arguments at a minimum...I do understand it's all apart of building a relationship, but I don't like getting angry at people. smilie;
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8954
#11 Posted: 03:25:00 18/11/2013
I used to have an opposite-sex friend too. Then she moved away, and I've been a lone fox ever since.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#12 Posted: 03:31:30 18/11/2013
Quote: Cynderfan507
Every male friend I've ever had ended up hating me for some reason

*Gives great big hug* There ya go fwiend.

I don't know why they would do that, I don't see anything wrong with ya.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#13 Posted: 03:33:59 18/11/2013
I have a lot of male friends and female friends equally.

I guess I'm just *~*~*~that girl~*~*~* teehee!! add me on kik if you like: 420mafiachloexx
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:34:43 18/11/2013 by wakapro77
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#14 Posted: 03:36:30 18/11/2013
I'm that kid that the popular people know but don't really talk to me.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#15 Posted: 04:25:07 18/11/2013
I can't say I relate much. I don't really talk to many guys, if I do we stop talking after a while or we just exchange a joke sometimes in the hallway.

I used to have a male best friend in middle school. People used to tease us and assume we were "dating" and it really peeved me off. He said some sweet things and was funny but we had nothing in common and he did do some pretty irritating things... a lot.
In high school we don't talk anymore. Maybe if I pass by him alone he'll say hello but that's about the extent of it.
---
but i love it all smooth
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#16 Posted: 04:31:35 18/11/2013
yeah having friends SUCKS
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#17 Posted: 04:36:43 18/11/2013
I'm a guy and I honestly have more female friends. I don't really care about what gender someone is though. If we get along then that's fine with me. Gender has nothing to do with it.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#18 Posted: 15:17:56 18/11/2013
I have 5 best friends and 4 of them are the opposite gender. We never really have arguments, just the things that we disagree in and make us different and unique.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:32 18/11/2013 by DummyZ
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#19 Posted: 15:22:29 18/11/2013
I'm good friends with a girl in one of my classes.
She's hilarious, and pretty at the same time.

I'm... asking her to a dance. Wish me luck. e_O
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#20 Posted: 16:01:30 18/11/2013
Quote: Big Green
yeah having friends SUCKS

I KNOW RITE?!?!?
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#21 Posted: 21:37:14 18/11/2013
I have like 3 really close friends that are the opposite gender. and of course, despite me not feeling... THAT way about any of them, and them feeling the same, I still get some people saying to me and them "omg u gaiz wud make such a cuuute couple!" it honestly gets annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

and then I have a few other good friends that are the opposite gender, but I don't usually hang out with them as much as I do the opposite-gender-friends mentioned above.
---
Cool cool.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#22 Posted: 21:55:10 18/11/2013
I can totally relate to your desription Metallo, especially since me and her are playing a married couple in a musical. We argued A LOT, but it's starting to cool down. Although I wouldn't give her the title of a best friend, more like just a good friend.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#23 Posted: 22:07:49 18/11/2013
I was really good friends with a girl when I was in middle school. People said that we flirted way too much and we should just go out. I didn't really like her though, so I just ignored it. Then I realized when she didn't show up one day that I missed her WAAAAY too much when my other friends were right there. So I developed feelings for her and I told her that, and she said she felt the same way. Then some other guy asked her out and she said yes. Everything was kinda awkward after that, so I just stopped talking to her. LIFE LESSON
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#24 Posted: 22:30:02 18/11/2013
I have a lot of good friends that are girls, but only one that I would actually call a best friend.
---
Hurrah!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me