darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Heroic Challenges from Spryo's Adventure carrying over to Giants
Page 1 of 1
Heroic Challenges from Spryo's Adventure carrying over to Giants [CLOSED]
Chronoglenn Red Sparx Gems: 69
#1 Posted: 17:41:12 31/10/2013 | Topic Creator
TL;DR version: Do heroic challenges completed from SSA and their stat bonuses carry over into Giants and Swap Force?

So, after eyebrawling these toys for a long time my wife and I finally decided to jump on board the craze and got SSA with a few packs of ones I thought were cool (Hex) and she thought were cute (Wrecking Ball). We're halfway through and ordered Giants which is in the mail currently however while working on heroic challenges I got to wondering if the stats carry over forever with the figure or are only in this game. If only with this game there's really not much of a point in maxing out some characters other than completion purposes especially if they do not carry over into Giants.

I've searched on this forum and on google and received half people saying no a lot saying I don't know and one or two people saying yes they carry but not how you'd think.

How I gather is what happens is the stats are not saved on the character only the fact that you finished the heroic challenge. So the answer to my question would be a "yes... kinda" because the stat gain from heroics in Giants is smaller than in SSA which means yes all the completed heroics I do will transfer... but my stats won't be as high as in SSA, which I find fine. Also, from what I've gathered some heroics changed the stat they boost like Spyros.

So, am I right in thinking completing all the heroics in SSA will boost my stats in Giants by giving me the bonuses I would have finished in Giants? Or is the slate wiped clean? Or am I way off base and all stats from SSA carry over and when I do the heroics in Giants the stats get even larger!

Finally, since Swap Force looks to be in our future, how do Heroic Challenges work going from Giants to there? Same as SSA to Giants or completely different?
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2 Posted: 05:35:02 01/11/2013
Kinda. You're right, it doesn't save the stat exactly.

In Giants it recognizes the challenge done and gives you boosts if you have. These aren't as high as they are in SSA as I recall, but there is still some form of stat boost. From waht I rememebr reading it nerfs weird to give something slight but nothing to big so that it doesn't make them OP from doing the Heroics in SSA and Giants.

I just know it's weird, but there is some form of stat boost.

As for Swap Force, I have no idea. Heroics aren't in Swap Force and I don't think they carry over, but at the same time I think it's kinda like Giants where there is some tiny boost seen.

Someone could probably answer it better than me.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Chronoglenn Red Sparx Gems: 69
#3 Posted: 13:55:07 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the response Seiki hopefully someone responds about swap force, otherwise when I'm nearing finishing Giants I'll post over there smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 12:53:12 04/11/2013
The thing is, the stat boosts are smaller to make room for the fact that Giants introduces more Heroic Challenges, ones which weren't in SSA. I think in the end if you do every one you can, you still end up with a higher stat boost. They also made it more standard, in SSA it might be a +3, a +4, a +9, depending on the challenge. In Giants, all boosts to THIS stat is +4, all boosts to THAT stat are +5, etc.

But SSA still contributes, there are 5 Heroic Challenges which don't exist in any way in Giants. And SSA figures (green base) don't unlock challenges in Giants, so either you need to double up and get S2 versions of them (and not all of them HAVE a S2), or you can only do their challenges in SSA.

Note that a couple got their challenges changed, for this reason any of my guys who can enter SSA are still missing one challenge, the one belonging to S2 Zook (I have S1 Zook, but need S2 to unlock the new challenge in Giants). Note that there are 32 challenges total in SSA, and any character who can enter SSA and Giants has access to a total of 50 challenges.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#5 Posted: 06:30:07 22/11/2013
I plan on putting my Series 3 Skylanders (and Camo when I get him) in SSA to do those 5 missing heroics, then in Giants to do the rest.

What are the 5 missing Heroics again?
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#6 Posted: 06:51:45 22/11/2013
The 5 missing heroics challenges are:

Spell Punked (Voodood)
Pod Gauntlet (Chop Chop S1)
You've Stollen My Hearts (Zook S1)
Stop! Sheep Thieves! (Dino-Rang)
Operation: Sheep Freedom (Boomer)
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 16:30:39 22/11/2013
Quote: Dragon-Master
The 5 missing heroics challenges are:

Spell Punked (Voodood)
Pod Gauntlet (Chop Chop S1)
You've Stollen My Hearts (Zook S1)
Stop! Sheep Thieves! (Dino-Rang)
Operation: Sheep Freedom (Boomer)

Pod Gauntlet is VERY frustrating.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me