Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Flight Rising: The Withering [PRIVATE]
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Flight Rising: The Withering [PRIVATE] [CLOSED]
RumpleLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3067
#51 Posted: 04:56:01 19/11/2013
OOC: Okay, I'm gonna try and resurrect this thing... we'll see how it goes...

Nyssa still stood as still as a statue, her mind exploding with what she'd just witnessed. What had she just witnessed? She certainly didn't know. All she knew was that a dragon had died, and something very strange was happening. And now, she was determined to find out what it was. The dragon was no longer any use to her, even if she could get past the medical dragons to inspect it. Her eyes drifted again to the dragons rushing about in mass panic. The dark 'spears' continued to shoot about, seemingly looking for a target. She watched them, curiously, then decided to get closer. Perhaps inspecting them would give her some answers. Eying one such black tendril, she pushed her way through the crowd, trying to get close to it. When she did, she was shocked by what she saw.
---
"How you can see the man behind the monster, I will never know."
"But that monster's gone... The man beneath him may be flawed, but we all are."
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#52 Posted: 05:19:30 19/11/2013
OOC: Just curious, when are out characters gonna meet? :/

I mean, they could end up running out into the wild for all we know. smilie

@RL, thanks for tryin to bring this back. :,)
#53 Posted: 05:25:44 19/11/2013
OOC: I think whenever you wanna have them bump into each other. Yup, I don't wanna see it die after all the hard work that was put into it. Plus, I love RPing! smilie Hey, look ↑, we're on the 2nd page! We're doing good! smilie
---
#54 Posted: 22:10:04 24/11/2013
OOC: IKR? Okay, I'll do my best to pick this up a little...

`~{0}~`

Dragons were starting to clear away, and now all that was left was a large gathering in the center of the festival, or what remained. Gaia's head hung sadly. It had taken so long to get all the way here, and with nothing to show of it. She hoped Reef was getting along back in Nostrum. He was smart, she knew, but he was a Fae, and being small isn't exactly a gift on Nostrum's hard roads. A small, shrill squeaking sound shook her from her thoughts. She looked back and forth. 'Sqeeeng!!' "Hmm?" She finally saw the source of the sound. A small lizard-like creature lay on a dusty festival road, calling towards the sky sadly. After a few squeaks he bent his head and looked at his feet. He blended in with the road, as dust was all over him. The dragons had probably run him over. Maybe his owner forgot him! "Hello? Anyone lose their Familiar here? Anyone...?" But the only dragons left were gathered around something. "Okay, you stay here. Well, actually, come with me this way." The Familiar nodded and walked up beside her. "Wait, you understand me?" 'Skrrriiiiing!' He chirped, nodding again. "But... I thought you would only understand your one true owner?" The lizard tilted his small snout down and gave her a knowing look. "Okay, okay. No seriously I get it!" He made a small rumble of what Gaia assumed was laughter. "Follow me over there." She pointed with her long tail. Just a perk of being a Mirror. "You can stay in those bushes. I'll stay too, unless there is a closer point I can watch from. I want to see what's going on over there." He nodded a third time as they walked. "Yeah, I guess I'll go over. I think someone died..." Gaia trailed off gravely.

`~{0}~`
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#55 Posted: 00:13:41 25/11/2013
Aeos slipped her way through the city, seeping through the herd of whatever dragons still remained. Reaching a clearing, she lifted her head up and gazed around. Dust filled the air, most definitely from the massive stampede that had just occurred. A chill went down Aeos' spine and she shuddered as she recalled those few moments of playing 'Try Not To Get Crushed By A Snapper'.
Suddenly, Arcus poked his head out, still clinging onto the bottom of Aeos' neck, his mouth gaping open. "Wha... what just happened?" The dragon glanced at her Familiar for a second, then turned her head back forward and casually shrugged. "I have no idea. That's what we're going to find out." Aeos snorted when Arcus promptly went limp on her back. "Now, Arcus, I just need to discover what is going on, and then we can leave. Neither of us will be put in harm's way. Do trust me on this."
Arcus only sighed. "I think there is a reason why everyone was running away instead of towards the center."

-~-

Heart racing, he swiftly leaped out of the way, narrowly dodging a tendril that had decided to shoot for him. Landing on his feet, Arisen's head lowered to the ground as he panted for breath. Exhausted and worn out from everything that had happened, his magic refused to to be cast and kept faltering whenever he attempted to attack. Not like his bolts were that effective on those... black things in the first place. Shamefully, Arisen folded his wings, turned away, and retreated in short order to let the other soldiers back up for him.
Out of the field, his only concern right now was to get any dragons who were still here to safety. Well, those who were alive, anyways. Otherwise, he'd have to find Azorus' leader, and quickly. He hastened his step, determined to keep moving despite his weariness. Arisen looked up, his eyes scanning the surrounding area - until they fixated on a cerulean Ridgeback. He stared at her for a split second. Who was she? Certainly not a guard, she did not bear Azorus' insignia anywhere on her. And was she next to a...?
Ignoring the heavy weight upon him, Arisen spread his wings and rapidly glided over to where the dragon stood. "Ridgeback! What are you doing!?"

OOC: hi rumple
#56 Posted: 18:03:23 25/11/2013
OOC: Oh, hi DD. smilie Yay, people joined me! smilie Btw, I updated my character sheets with my dragons' skills and whatnot, since I finally remembered to look into that. smilie

Nyssa pulled her eyes away from the scene before her, knowing the dragon was talking to her. She was really the only one around any more. She looked to the dragon who now stood beside her and instantly grew angry. It was a soldier. She didn't much care for them to begin with, and this one seemed quite accusatory. He had no right asking her what she was doing. She'd simply been enjoying the festival just like everyone else. She narrowed her eyes on him, frowning deeply. "Trying to figure out what's going on here," she stated flatly, "which is more than what you're doing!" She crossed her forearms over her chest, raising a brow, waiting for his next move. She knew it wasn't wise to get on the bad side of a guard, but she really didn't care. He was annoying her and she could feel her temper rising. "And please don't try to tell me you didn't hear or feel the ground shatter just minutes ago! No one could have missed that!"

--------------------

Rhamus continued to stare out the fairgrounds, unsure whether he wanted to enter or not. Curiosity urged him to go on, but fear held him back. The two contradicting emotions circled themselves within his mind until he felt sure he'd just burst with the pressure! Shaking his head, he decided to a compromise and turned to his left, flying off in that direction. He's circle the fairgrounds, trying to see within. In that way, he'd be safe from any danger, but could still satisfy his growing curiosity. All he had to do now was find a way to see inside. At least the argument in his head had died.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:09:29 25/11/2013 by RumpleLover
#57 Posted: 22:01:41 25/11/2013
`~{0}~`

"Shush!" Gaia hissed quietly to her new companion. His stomach only rumbled again, to both of their dismay. She sighed. "You must be famished..." He opened his mouth to respond, but she slapped a paw to his snout as she narrowed her eyes, trying to see better through to bushes where they hid. She was going to go alone, but the Cave Jewel wouldn't let her. Suddenly she noticed two dragons in the clearing, seemingly arguing. "Hmph. This'll be interesting." The lizard parted his jaws. "Don't comment on that." She rolled her eyes in faux annoyance before trying to see the dragons better again. "... And please don't try to tell me you didn't hear or feel the ground shatter just minutes ago! No one could have missed that! ..." Gaia stood rigid, trying to hear clearly. The lizard's belly rumbled again. 'This is going to be more difficult than I thought...' She thought to herself, praying no-one heard them. She didn't want to get involved if she didn't have to, she needed to get home. But her curiosity rooted her to the ground.

`~{0}~`

OOC: Oh, it feels good to RP again. smilie
#58 Posted: 04:31:54 02/12/2013
Arisen leaned his head back before snorting in agitation in response to the dragon's reaction. Flashing and gritting his teeth in irritation, he struggled to hold back his own temper as he gazed up at the Ridgeback. She dare disrespect one of Azorus' guardians! Pawing the dirt, he retorted back at her. "If you must know, we have trying to fend back the onslaught of those vile.. things that have been assailing on us, in order to keep dragons like you safe!" At this, he quickly shot a look behind him. Though the city was in tatters, there were no tendrils in sight... for now. Drawing attention back to him, Arisen haughtily continued. "Now, the real question is, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by loftily standing around, as if that will help with anything?" Suddenly, without even waiting for a reply, he narrowed his eyes into a glare. "Or, dare I say that you had something to do with this...!?"

OOC: ehehe I kind of forgot about this sorry
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#59 Posted: 22:33:16 04/12/2013
OOC: Every time I come here to respond my brain blue screens but here we go...

Midna let out a sigh of relief as she was no longer within the panicked crowds and playing unwanted games of 'Don't get run over'. She had finally caught up to Link and Epona, thanks to the former stopping her mad dash to take a moment to breathe. Epona decided to cease her own heavy breathing to pull a random plant out of Link's bag and eat it. Because Epona had her priorities all figured out.

Link raised her head to look at the group of dragons they had found, unable to see what they were surrounding as her weariness blurred her vision. She turned her head to Midna, unwilling to speak, and received a careful nod in response.

Midna walked past Link and towards the other dragons, speaking with a crooked grin on her face, "So! Are we interrupting anything?"

OOC: hai gaiz
if i messed up somewhere tell me
#60 Posted: 03:11:46 05/12/2013
OOC: hai isis

Arcus promptly shrieked in fright before dropping his dusty tome on the ground, where he then leaped off of Aeos' back and started scrambling around in the dirt for it. Slightly spooked, Aeos quickly pivoted around, only to face an ordinary Pearlcatcher who didn't seem so malevolent. Somewhat relieved, Aeos put on a toothy, jolly grin and at the same time, discreetly pushed Arcus behind her with her leg, who was was clutching his book thankfully and was being rather embarrassing. She then faked a light cough before speaking to the stranger. "Oh, no, you're not interrupting anything at all!" she lied, "My friend here and I were simply trying to observe the events that had occurred here, but alas, I've not even an inkling of what has happened." For a moment, she turned her head towards the other dragons who were still here, wondering what they were here for.
#61 Posted: 04:04:36 05/12/2013
Gaia drew in a quick breath as the argument continued. "This is getting good..." She whispered. The Cave Jewel's belly just growled.

~

OOC: Sorry for having nothing to RP, I just want to kinda keep this going... >_<"
#62 Posted: 21:55:57 15/01/2014
Nyssa almost laughed outright at the pearlcatcher's last statement. Normally it would irritate her to no end, but this time, it was laughable. This guard was digging his own hole. "Oh yes," she said, almost sarcastically, "that'd be good. Accuse the one dragon who's on your side." She walked around the pearlcatcher, eyeing him as she did, showing him that she wasn't at all afraid of his position, nor in any way going to bow low or cower before it. "If you really must know, I was doing the same as you. I was going to try to stop those 'vile... things,' as you called them." She paused, glancing around. "Look around. I'm one of the few dragons who, rather than fleeing, jumped at the chance to help out against this evil!" After a few minutes, allowing him to think on her words, she stopped, now behind him, turning to face him again. She shook her head, hanging it as she let out a sigh. "Much as it pains me to say it, we seem to be on the side in this." She frowned, growing suddenly serious as she shot him another angry glare. "So I'd suggest you stop accusing me and allow me to assist you!"
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me