Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Walking Dead: Season 2 Topic, EP. 4 COMING IN JULY
Page 1 of 1
The All-Purpose Walking Dead: Season 2 Topic, EP. 4 COMING IN JULY [CLOSED]
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#1 Posted: 15:59:31 28/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Yesterday, Telltale Games posted a teaser image for TWD: Season 2 on their Twitter page. On the image, it says that there will be some sort of announcement today at 3PM Eastern or Noon Pacific time. Whether today is the release date for Episode 1 or a launch trailer is unknown, though Telltale had previously said that TWD would be released this fall along with The Wolf Among Us, which just came out two two weeks ago. Anyway, here's the picture in case you want to see it.

[User Posted Image]

Keep that hair short...

On October 29, Telltale released a teaser trailer for the game, shown here:

On November 7, It was announced that Episode 1 of Season 2, Titled "All That Remains" will be released sometime in November.

Ep.2 A house Divided was released in March

Ep. 3 In Harm's Way was released in May

Ep. 4 Amid the Ruins, will be released in two weeks.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 00:06:54 13/07/2014 by SonicGX98
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2 Posted: 19:48:43 28/10/2013
dangit, beat me to it.

I am EXTREMELY excited for this reveal, I can't wait til tomorrow.
---
Cool cool.
#3 Posted: 23:38:35 28/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: pankakesparx456
dangit, beat me to it.

I am EXTREMELY excited for this reveal, I can't wait til tomorrow.

Me too! smilie Feels good to actually post something important first on the forums before anyone else too. smilie
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4 Posted: 23:52:07 28/10/2013
Quote: SonicGX98
Just a few minutes ago, Telltale Games posted a teaser image for TWD: Season 2 on their Twitter page. On the image, it says that there will be some sort of announcement tomorrow at 3PM Eastern or Noon Pacific time. Whether tomorrow is the release date for Episode 1 or a launch trailer is unknown, though Telltale had previously said that TWD would be released this fall along with The Wolf Among Us, which just came out two two weeks ago. Anyway, here's the picture in case you want to see it.

[User Posted Image]

Keep that hair short...

I hope it's the release date for Episode 1, but it's most likely a Trailer.
---
Bring the Fanta
#5 Posted: 19:17:08 29/10/2013 | Topic Creator

COMING SOON?!?!?
---
#6 Posted: 19:45:23 29/10/2013
firstly, HOW DO YOU BEAT ME TO THIS?

secondly...
[User Posted Image]

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Words cannot describe how excited I am for this now.
---
Cool cool.
#7 Posted: 20:55:31 29/10/2013 | Topic Creator
firstly, HOW DO YOU BEAT ME TO THIS?

secondly...
[User Posted Image]

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Words cannot describe how excited I am for this now.

Well, at least you beat me to my new signature and avatar. smilie I'm still gonna use them though.

Anyway, Description of Season 2!

The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.

Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad -- and sometimes worse -- than the dead?

As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012's Game of the Year.

Key Features:

-Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two
-Based on Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic books
-Play as Clementine, an orphaned girl forced to grow up fast by the world around her
-A sequel to 2012's Game of the Year

Pre-Order now and get 10% OFF the Season Pass on PC/Mac:

Not sure how I feel about playing as Clem though...
---
#8 Posted: 20:59:08 29/10/2013

COMING SOON?!?!?

*watches video*
*walks outside*
*screams like a girl*
*walks back in*

Can't wait! Makes me wanna play through Season One and 400 Days again!
---
Bring the Fanta
#9 Posted: 21:11:07 29/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

COMING SOON?!?!?

*watches video*
*walks outside*
*screams like a girl*
*walks back in*

Can't wait! Makes me wanna play through Season One and 400 Days again!

IKR?
I'm wondering how 400 Days will affect the story though, seeing how this takes place before that according to the official description. Maybe it will be like The Last of Us where they skipped over the course of a year, so it will catch up to 400 Days.

Also, is anyone else bothered by the fact that we're gonna be playing as Clem now?

It kinda makes me feel like all the things we told her to do at the end of Episode 5 aren't gonna matter anymore.
---
#10 Posted: 21:28:10 29/10/2013
funny, I recently finished a second playthrough of the first game yesterday, right before the announcement of the reveal today. AND I STILL NEED 400 DAYS.

though, there's part of me hat's a bit worried about how this game is gonna do. no doubt, it will do excellent like the last game, but half of me is saying it won't do as well as the first season in terms commercially. the best comparison I can make is this; remember how much of an impact Jurassic Park made? Spielberg wanted to replicate its success, but The Lost World, while still a great movie, didn't do as good as the first. Part of me is fearing the same might happen to the Walking Dead, especially since the first season was such an unexpected success; Season Two will still do excellent critically, but not so well commercially.

also, I can see why you're a bit worried about playing as Clem. but when you think about it, it's still better than playing as a replica Lee. If they made a new character that had to protect Clem, we would have to rebuild the same relationship all over again that we did in the last game, since the new one would start from scratch. even with previous characters, like maybe Omid and Christa, for example, wouldn't work out as well since all the development of Clem was towards Lee, or you the player. It would be repetitive because we'd go through the same process as we did when we controlled Lee, and it would make the first game MUCH better by a landslide. Playing as Clem would give us a whole new perspective of the game, since we are seeing it from a character that we had built up and prepared to this point thanks to Lee. Since we could connect with Clem in the last game, it could make it much easier to relate to Clem in the second game since we already did said in the first game. either way, it's still better than having to start from the bottom with a new character.

tl;dr- yeah yeah, I know, but I felt like sharing my first impressions so far.

also, does anyone else think Clem looks SO MUCH OLDER in the trailer, or is it just me?
---
Cool cool.
#11 Posted: 21:36:39 29/10/2013
also, I can see why you're a bit worried about playing as Clem. but when you think about it, it's still better than playing as a replica Lee. If they made a new character that had to protect Clem, we would have to rebuild the same relationship all over again that we did in the last game, since the new one would start from scratch. even with previous characters, like maybe Omid and Christa, for example, wouldn't work out as well since all the development of Clem was towards Lee, or you the player. It would be repetitive because we'd go through the same process as we did when we controlled Lee, and it would make the first game MUCH better by a landslide. Playing as Clem would give us a whole new perspective of the game, since we are seeing it from a character that we had built up and prepared to this point thanks to Lee. Since we could connect with Clem in the last game, it could make it much easier to relate to Clem in the second game since we already did said in the first game. either way, it's still better than having to start from the bottom with a new character.

This.

And I think Clem does look older.
---
Bring the Fanta
#12 Posted: 21:40:50 29/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, since she was 9 by the end of season 1, the trailer makes her look around 11 or 12 years old IMO.

Off the topic though, here's how I think the first episode will begin.
So it will start off from the post-credits scene of episode 5, When Clem sees the two people on the hill, she thinks about what to do. If you told her to stay away from groups in season 1, She'll run away from the two figures. The two figures try to run after her, but are unable to catch her, the figures are revealed to be Omid and Christa, and the screen cuts to black. If Lee didn't tell her to stay away, she cautiously approaches them, aiming her gun at them. After she finds out they're Omid and Christa, a additional scene might play similarly to a tutorial level, where at the end, Omid and Christa die in a walker attack, but Clem escapes. After either choice, the game fast forwards to the events of the gam, where she lives with the mysterious man we saw in the screenshots on Telltale's website.
---
#13 Posted: 21:43:51 29/10/2013
I always imagined season two would have an older variation of Clementine.

And nice thoughts, that would be a cool way to start the second season.
---
Cool cool.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#14 Posted: 01:00:44 30/10/2013
Believe it or not, I'm excited for this. All I've done was watch famous YouTubers play TWD and TWAU, but I like to watch. I'm not into PC games, so I most likely will not get these. Even if they're just point and click games. I LOVE the RP aspects of them though.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#15 Posted: 10:30:55 30/10/2013
Oh my.... That's so freaking AWESOME!!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#16 Posted: 11:49:27 30/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: torok
Believe it or not, I'm excited for this. All I've done was watch famous YouTubers play TWD and TWAU, but I like to watch. I'm not into PC games, so I most likely will not get these. Even if they're just point and click games. I LOVE the RP aspects of them though.

You do realize they're for the Xbox, PS3 and iOS too right?
---
#17 Posted: 16:07:35 30/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Screenshots!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#18 Posted: 03:34:10 01/11/2013
The first screenshot is so sad... Lee...
---
#19 Posted: 12:54:18 01/11/2013 | Topic Creator
IKR? Just have one question about the picture though; How did she get that part of the picture if We never saw her pick it up and the end of Episode 1? This leads me to two different theories:

1. She got it while either Lee and Carley went to save Glenn, or when she went to go get Lee's dad's cane to block the door

2. This is very unlikely, but she may have gone back to Macon just to get the picture.

Also Who you think the person in the 4th and 5th screenshots is? I mean, he sort of looks like Kenny, but maybe it could also be Nate from Russell and Wyatt's stories in 400 Days, maybe his hair grew out or something, though he's probably a new character.
---
#20 Posted: 18:39:17 07/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Bump Day, Episode 12 comes out this month! smilie
---
#21 Posted: 00:38:14 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator
The launch trailer for Episode 1 is now out! Coming out next Tuesday.

---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#22 Posted: 19:03:43 14/12/2013
A couple of kids in my class love this show/game. I guess it's cool, actually I don't understand it.
---
Wow
Such signature
#23 Posted: 22:48:42 14/12/2013

*Watches video*

Pause at 0:38. IS THAT KENNY?!
---
Bring the Fanta
#24 Posted: 23:33:33 14/12/2013 | Topic Creator

*Watches video*

Pause at 0:38. IS THAT KENNY?!

A lot of people are saying that, but what about the fact that omid and christa are back? smiliesmiliesmilie Man can't wait to see how've they've changed since Season 1.
---
#25 Posted: 16:44:11 15/12/2013
Next week!? Oh damn, I need money now!!!
---
#26 Posted: 18:03:53 17/12/2013
It's out! But as I'm getting the Xbox 360 version, I'll have to wait another day. smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#27 Posted: 18:20:08 17/12/2013
Given how much emphasis they gave on how "your actions impact the story" in the first round, I was not impressed with the results. Many of the decisions all led back to the same result.

Even if they have a great story...if they didn't improve this...I won't bother. I can watch the videos online for free. Now that I said this, watch the Youtube ContentID system take effect.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:50 17/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#28 Posted: 22:00:34 17/12/2013
I started watching gameplay for episode 1.

OH GOD THEY KILLED OMID???????????? D: yeah, excellent way to start the season guys! smilie
---
Cool cool.
#29 Posted: 02:29:07 18/12/2013
Oh ****... I don't have money on PSN to buy it smilie!! Probably I'll get next month, there's a season pass?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:14:51 18/12/2013 by SamXala
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#30 Posted: 02:54:37 18/12/2013
forgot spoiler

now i have to wait to see which asshole lived

---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:52 18/12/2013 by parisruelz12
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#31 Posted: 03:07:49 18/12/2013
I started watching gameplay for episode 1.

OH GOD THEY KILLED OMID???????????? D: yeah, excellent way to start the season guys! smilie

I guess you've never read the comics. There's never going to be a happy ending. Zombies and all that kinda gets in the way.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:08:27 18/12/2013 by GhostRoaster
#32 Posted: 19:43:32 18/12/2013
Omid's death was unexpected. And is anyone else wondering what happened to Christa's child? It goes unexplained.

And now is the time when we compare our choices!
I tried to save Christa
I killed the dog
I accepted Nick's apology
I gave water to the man
I saved Pete (after I saw what happened after saving Nick, I felt guilty, so I redid it and went with Pete)
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:26 18/12/2013 by TheSpyrofan12
#33 Posted: 22:24:12 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Omid's death was unexpected. And is anyone else wondering what happened to Christa's child? It goes unexplained.

And now is the time when we compare our choices!
I tried to save Christa
I killed the dog
I accepted Nick's apology
I gave water to the man
I saved Pete (after I saw what happened after saving Nick, I felt guilty, so I redid it and went with Pete)

Same here. Anyone have ideas for Episode 2?
---
#34 Posted: 12:12:53 04/01/2014
concerning clem's 'i thought you were dead' scene during episode 2's preview:

i'm guessing the person clementine sees at the end of the preview is that woman who killed Omid. she's the only person Clem legitamately saw die, and she wouldn't be that kind of suprised if it was someone she knew. If it was someone she knew before, like Kenny or Ben for example, she would be far from having that kind of reaction towards them. the way she reacts is basically saying they SHOULD be dead. more so, we don't see the woman die, as she's still moving after christa shoots her, if you look really close.
---
Cool cool.
#35 Posted: 15:19:58 20/03/2014 | Topic Creator
So finally Episode 2 has been released! HEre's the trailer that accompanied it.

---
#36 Posted: 21:04:36 20/03/2014
I finally got 400 days and episode 1 of season 2. one I get the chance im buying the season pass so I can get episode 2. concerning my overall thoughts on 400 days and episode 1:

400 days- I'm surprised Telltale actually managed to create such a tense game from start to finish, even if the writing isn't as strong as season 1. it still makes you decide between tough decisions, and im glad Telltale still managed to pull that off so well. The new characters, even with their short stories, are still very interesting to learn about, and because of Telltale's magic I could connect with them in the short amount of time I played as them. 400 Days is a great DLC add-on, and I'm curious to see how it plays out in Season 2. 9/10

Season 2 Episode 1- It still keeps great with tradition, tough choices and all- but the writing isn't very strong to begin Season 2. All their doing is setting up the characters and new story, and that's about it. we don't really start to bond with this group until the last 3rd of the game, and Telltale is definitely capable of doing better. not to say it's all to bad, because I still cared about what choices I made with who, and who I should trust. The new cast was introduced pretty great, and giving them a basic introduction was a great way to show who these new characters are. But as I stated, that's about it, since we don't really connect with these characters until the later part of the game. I also loved this game's dialogue choices, as it shows how much Clementine has grown as a character, and that she's lost most if not all her innocence. Clem is easily the best part about the game. connecting with her and playing as her was a great choice. as I had stated before, playing as Clem gives us a whole new perspective of the apocalypse, and her choices and what she is capable of changes completely since she's only a little girl. it makes some scenes even more tense than the last game, such as sneaking into the survivors' house, and gives you options you could never choose as Lee because it's a completely different character. The biggest problem I have with this episode is the gruesome factor. in season 1, the amount of gore and gruesome scenes was built up, and it was built up just fine. Here, this game takes it too far into the whole "the world won't care if you're a little girl now" thing. You could argue that Season 1 veterans already were built up, but even then the scale to which the gruesome scenes go is being a bit too far. and this is a BRAND NEW GAME, so some players may never play Season 1 (even though it's recommended, but there will probably be some people not playing it) and not have the build up.

Overall, Episode 1 is far from perfect, but it's also far from being bad. It still starts the season off fairly well, but I just wish it could've done better in a few aspects. 8/10

I have watched gameplay for episode 2 though, and from what I've seen for episode 2 it's MUCH better than episode 1.
---
Cool cool.
#37 Posted: 16:24:30 13/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Episode 2 is way up there on Telltale's best episodes.
---
#38 Posted: 22:32:31 13/04/2014
Yeah, Episode 2 is way up there on Telltale's best episodes.

^this. I did end up playing episode 2 and purchased the season pass, and it was an excellent episode.
---
Cool cool.
#39 Posted: 12:36:25 18/05/2014
so i played episode 3 the other day, and i thought it was a great episode. my only complaint was that some of the characters weren't that interesting, developed, or necessary, and

I wish they delved more into Walter's death, as it would've been an emotional highlight of the episode.

other than that, i thought episode 3 was amazing.
---
Cool cool.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8383
#40 Posted: 14:38:11 18/05/2014
Just by curiosity what happens to the 400 days characters if you didn't play it?
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#41 Posted: 18:29:45 18/05/2014
So I plan on getting the games for the Xbox but can you buy 400 days on the marketplace?
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#42 Posted: 16:39:36 20/05/2014
Quote: somePerson
Just by curiosity what happens to the 400 days characters if you didn't play it?

chances are the game will randomize the choices if you move on to season two without playing 400 days.

Quote: azz01
So I plan on getting the games for the Xbox but can you buy 400 days on the marketplace?

yeah, it's dlc. unless you get the retail game of the year edition, which im pretty sure comes with 400 days pre-installed.
---
Cool cool.
#43 Posted: 00:05:27 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Episode 4 Is coming in two weeks! Here are pictures accompany the release.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#44 Posted: 01:13:37 13/07/2014
So Luke is alive?
#45 Posted: 21:07:20 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay guys, this is the moment we've been waiting for. Next Teusday, the final episode of The Walking Dead will be released on Steam, Xbox, Ps3, and iOS. The trailer is right here.

---
#46 Posted: 15:38:37 22/08/2014
I'm REALLY anticipated for next week. Though doesn't it seem a bit early to release episode 5? We only got episode 4 a month ago. Telltale has typically been waiting two months per episode.

Either way, Telltale better be ready to give it their all with this episode. Episode 4 was great, and we probably don't need Telltale to rush this like they did The Wolf Among Us' final episodes.
---
Cool cool.
#47 Posted: 04:37:11 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm REALLY anticipated for next week. Though doesn't it seem a bit early to release episode 5? We only got episode 4 a month ago. Telltale has typically been waiting two months per episode.

Either way, Telltale better be ready to give it their all with this episode. Episode 4 was great, and we probably don't need Telltale to rush this like they did The Wolf Among Us' final episodes.

Well, Episode 5 of Season 1 came out a month after Episode 4, and that turned out to be good. I have no doubts with Telltale on this one. I just can't wait to play their Borderlands game after this one.
---
#48 Posted: 17:40:50 23/08/2014
I hope there's a cool easter egg at the end like how in the last season
SPOILERS!
When Lee is dying and if you don't pick what you want Clem to do the game decides for you on the choice of events you picked.

Spoilers for episode 54.
Um?
How did our group survive?

WTF MIKE! I thought you were a friend. :(. Kenny's death made me cry but Luke had the worst death forever being a zombie.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:13:27 26/08/2014 by somePerson
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3236
#49 Posted: 12:55:19 01/03/2015
Just finished the game, and boy, what a game it was. All I can say now is, I can't wait for Season 3. >o<;

Spoilers for S2 E5.
Also, I chose to kill Kenny and go with Jane. I think it was the right thing to do as he'd been through so much, I wanted to finally be at peace. Also yeah, Jane plan really was '****ing crazy'. :I
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me