Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Got braces (or at least the bracettes)
Page 1 of 1
Got braces (or at least the bracettes) [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 01:15:38 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Today I got my bracettes. And well..

Quote: From my recent journal
Today I got Pokemon X along with a Fennekin plushy (both at wal mart :3). The only bad news is my ****ing spacers are hurting a hell of a lot. I hate these already! So right now I'm trying to keep my cool......Though I can't exactly eat certain things and it will be a ***** about brushing and flossing. Plus one braccette and one spacer have already popped out....So I'm a pissed PIKA! Well at least about that part.... Just letting you people know. Tis all.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 01:16:21 23/10/2013
that sucks.smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#3 Posted: 01:16:38 23/10/2013
It gets worse. I have 2 more years left.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:55 23/10/2013 by somePerson
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#4 Posted: 01:16:40 23/10/2013
i'm sorry trix, but it gets worse (but then it gets better later)
;_________________;
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:32 23/10/2013 by arceustheprime
#5 Posted: 01:18:17 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyro and sonic
that sucks.:(

Yeah.

Quote: somePerson
It gets worse. I have 2 more years left.

Funny that. I am stuck in 2 years of this.

Quote: arceustheprime
i'm sorry trix, but it gets worse
;_________________;

if it does i give up mayunese
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 01:18:48 23/10/2013
I have to do total of 5 years. ;-;
#7 Posted: 01:21:08 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
I have to do total of 5 years. ;-;

Yikes.

On the bright side
Quote: same recent journal
Today I got Pokemon X along with a Fennekin plushy (both at wal mart :3). The only bad news is my ****ing spacers are hurting a hell of a lot. I hate these already! So right now I'm trying to keep my cool......Though I can't exactly eat certain things and it will be a ***** about brushing and flossing. Plus one braccette and one spacer have already popped out....So I'm a pissed PIKA! Well at least about that part.... Just letting you people know. Tis all.
---
icon from Empoh
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#8 Posted: 01:23:53 23/10/2013
*hugs u* It does get worse Trix.... I'm really sorry to tell you that. Best of luck to you.^.^
#9 Posted: 01:27:56 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper
*hugs u* It does get worse Trix.... I'm really sorry to tell you that. Best of luck to you.^.^

*hugs back* Thanks. Though I don't think I really want braces. I'm already pissed off with pain from these little *****es. It's pushing my damn teeth.
---
icon from Empoh
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#10 Posted: 01:31:06 23/10/2013
I'm sorry ;-; Hope you don't have as much pain tomarrow. I don't need braces. Congrats on PokemonX & Plushie though ^.^ Hope that takes your mind off things smilie
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
Surprise Green Sparx Gems: 313
#11 Posted: 01:36:23 23/10/2013
The worst part of the braces? It actually comes at the end, believe it or not.

The braces become so attached to your teeth and gums overtime that you are so used to them, that the gums bleed heavily once they finally take them off.

It doesn't hurt nearly as much as it does at the beginning, but it will freak you out.
---
"It's a tuatara, not a lizard."
#12 Posted: 01:36:43 23/10/2013
Quote: Surprise

The braces become so attached to your teeth and gums overtime that you are so used to them, that the gums bleed heavily once they finally take them off.

It doesn't hurt nearly as much as it does at the beginning, but it will freak you out.

Ikr..
#13 Posted: 01:42:36 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bash28
I'm sorry ;-; Hope you don't have as much pain tomarrow. I don't need braces. Congrats on PokemonX & Plushie though ^.^ Hope that takes your mind off things :)

Yeah hopefully.

Oh ****.
---
icon from Empoh
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#14 Posted: 01:44:40 23/10/2013
i had them for about 6 years or something because my dentist didn't know what the **** he was doing...

weird coincidence too, my brother got braces today too.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#15 Posted: 01:45:22 23/10/2013
Trix, braces are a bit annoying, and there is some pain associated with it, but it's really not as terrible as people make it out to be. As long as you do your best to follow instructions that the orthodontist gives you, you should be fine.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#16 Posted: 01:45:30 23/10/2013
Gosh people! Stop scaring her!
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#17 Posted: 01:46:07 23/10/2013

That didn't happen to me.....
#18 Posted: 01:50:40 23/10/2013

yeah and i heard it takes a couple of days for the gums to maybe a few weeks for your gums to strengthen and heal, though proper care when you have your braces can help reduce the effects when you take them off (especially flossing, but if u suck at flossing like me i recommend mouth wash) also don't do what i did and drink coke everyday for like a month with no straw, i'd suggest drinking other stuff that isn't soda or drinking soda with a straw (thanks to this i got addicted to these guava and blood orange drinks and ginger beer).
ur also gonna get sores from the braces which can be painful and annoying but they aren't really that bad
#19 Posted: 01:52:10 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Trix, braces are a bit annoying, and there is some pain associated with it, but it's really not as terrible as people make it out to be. As long as you do your best to follow instructions that the orthodontist gives you, you should be fine.

The dentist never gave instructions....Only a fellow student from my school who was randomly there.
---
icon from Empoh
#20 Posted: 01:56:55 23/10/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100

The dentist never gave instructions....Only a fellow student from my school who was randomly there.

Really? Here, have a WebMD link: http://www.webmd.com/oral-heal...races-retainers
---
#21 Posted: 02:02:37 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator

Really? Here, have a WebMD link: http://www.webmd.com/oral-heal...races-retainers

Oh well now. I wish my dentist was not a dumb arse. I believe one spacer is making things worse and pushing the other teeth together.
---
icon from Empoh
#22 Posted: 02:04:10 23/10/2013
The Dentist never gave me instructions.
#23 Posted: 02:06:27 23/10/2013
wait you guys never got instructions?, i got like extra stuff to care for my teeth, a list of things i shouldnt eat and a documentary on braces
#24 Posted: 02:12:51 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
wait you guys never got instructions?, i got like extra stuff to care for my teeth, a list of things i shouldnt eat and a documentary on braces

Well Australian dentists are smarter than the ones I visit.
---
icon from Empoh
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#25 Posted: 02:15:24 23/10/2013
Spacers suck!! I hate them as well. The braces will hurt badly for a few days, but it gets better. The extra flossing and brushing can be a pain, although taking good care of your braces can help you get out of them faster. I know someone who knew someone (smilie) who said that that friend and their brother had braces at the same time for the same issue. One took great care, one did not. The one who payed good care got out 2+ years earlier. So it'll pay off. (I take extremely good care of mine right now.) It'll be weird eating food, but as strange as this sounds, it'll make sense later, as a friend told me this and I found it helpful. Chew up.

I have had braces for a while now, I forget how much longer. And I have heard that getting them off hurts worse than the entire thing. >~<;

Sorry if we are scaring you, as Bash28 said, but we just want you to be as educated as possible. The more educated you are, the easier this will be and the more ready you'll be for it.

I think most people (myself included) know what it's like and are feeling what you're going through. It sucks bad, and hurts worse, but big picture: it'll be worth it. I've had orthopedic care for 3 years now, (don't get my started on how many teeth pulled... O___O) who knows how much longer. Like I've said before: sucks and hurts, and it's hard to see the positive. I was like, forget this! This hurts so bad etc. I still think that sometimes. But at least we'll all have amazing teeth.
#26 Posted: 02:17:05 23/10/2013
The thing worse then braces is the waiting room.
#27 Posted: 02:55:56 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank guys.
---
icon from Empoh
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#28 Posted: 03:31:27 23/10/2013
Hm, that must really suck...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#29 Posted: 03:46:36 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: cowpowa23
Hm, that must really suck...

it does
---
icon from Empoh
#30 Posted: 19:31:06 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Well I went back to dentist today for that one spacer. Also yesterday 2 more bracettes fell out. But I don't have to worry about those.
---
icon from Empoh
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#31 Posted: 19:52:04 23/10/2013
just great, now I know i'll expect lots of pain for when I get MY braces on eventually.
---
Cool cool.
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#32 Posted: 20:06:47 23/10/2013
I'm lucky, I don't need braces unless I want to make my teeth look perfect smilie
---
Hurrah!
#33 Posted: 20:14:14 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: pankakesparx456
just great, now I know i'll expect lots of pain for when I get MY braces on eventually.

Hey look at the bright side. If your teeth are sensitive like mine to sugar, at least you get the option of only sucking on hard candies (inb4 someone says something about as dirty joke). And at the beginning you have the best reason for eating ice cream often (My grandma told me that ice cream would help quite a bit with both the pain and eating something.). Just try not to break the bracettes, if they fall off randomly like a baby tooth don't sweat it, they''l stick another one on your next appointment. And the spacers last for a month (30 days tops) just be careful with the spacers if one pops out you have to go back and get another put back in that spot.
---
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 20:57:32 24/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Oh another bracette fell off. While I was asleep.
---
icon from Empoh
popfizzfan4life Ripto Gems: 1471
#35 Posted: 22:28:16 24/10/2013
damn, that's a pain...
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#36 Posted: 03:04:37 25/10/2013
A bracket fell off 3 separate times. I feel you.
#37 Posted: 03:05:08 25/10/2013

Jeesh, did the dentist do a lousy job with them? <.<;
---
CamelApple Ripto Gems: 0
#38 Posted: 03:06:06 25/10/2013
My teeth were pretty straight, so I only needed them for a year.

It sucked when I had them, though.
#39 Posted: 03:24:36 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator

Jeesh, did the dentist do a lousy job with them? <.<;

Most likely when she did the one with the cross bite and that popped off. That was not gonna even bother staying on. But hey at least I don't have to worry about them. Only the spacers.
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me