Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Think you know Sea World? You don't.
Page 1 of 1
Think you know Sea World? You don't. [CLOSED]
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#1 Posted: 22:58:23 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
When I was young, I used to love going to Sea World. I adored seeing the magnificent orcas jumping into the air and waving towards the audience. I'm pretty sure most people see Sea World as something like a refuge for animals. I used to think so too until I learned the truth. Sea World is heck on Earth for orcas.

On August 8th, 1970. Whidbey Island, Washington. An expedition working on behalf of Sea World and other marine aquariums captured 80 orcas in one net. Most of them were released due to trauma from the incident. Seven were chosen to be shipped. Five whales, including four baby whales, drowned during the captures. Their bodies had anchors and weights attached to them so they wouldn't be in public view.

March 1976. Near Olympia, Washington. They were working exclusively for Sea World this time. They used acetylene torches to light explosives in the ocean to frighten a pod of orcas into their net. Geez, I wonder why they'd do this. Almost like they'd do it just to ship those orcas to a marine park and make them mentally ill. This "mental illness" is the reason why one of your trainers was killed in 2010. Regular orcas don't bite humans but if they do, they let go.

But wait, that's not all! Sea World also occasionly places animals not related to each other in the same tank, which gives rise to aggression and attacks.

One remarkable incident of this is when Kandu V attacked Corky II, which caused a 10 foot gush of blood to fly out of Kandu's blowhole. Oh, you don't believe me?

WARNING, GRAPHIC. NOT FOR FAINT OF HEART.
[User Posted Image]

Two years earlier, Kandu violently smashed into Corky, causing a three foot gash in his stomach.

In the film Blackfish, the film depicted Kelly Oak that she had no knowledge of an affilation between Sea World and Loro Parque.

I planned on visiting again one time but now that I know the truth, I will visit your parks no more nor will I visit any parks that have orcas in captivity.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 23:00:07 21/10/2013
Never liked that place anyway
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#3 Posted: 23:02:43 21/10/2013
I like Six Flags more anyways.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#4 Posted: 23:03:31 21/10/2013
Ewww circus/shows
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#5 Posted: 23:05:06 21/10/2013
Those monsters! I do not tolerate animal abuse!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#6 Posted: 23:06:48 21/10/2013
SeaWorld can't just release their animals in the wild because they would all die not being use to the environment.
#7 Posted: 23:09:28 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
SeaWorld can't just release their animals in the wild because they would all die not being use to the environment.

They could at least though stop capturing orcas as a whole.
---
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#8 Posted: 23:13:03 21/10/2013
What do you expect? They are KILLER WHALES.

Captivating these killer animals are an extreme danger. They literally eat ANYTHING that gets in there way, so holding two males captive is a major hazard.
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
#9 Posted: 23:14:20 21/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: wakapro77
What do you expect? They are KILLER WHALES.

Captivating these killer animals are an extreme danger. They literally eat ANYTHING that gets in there way, so holding two males captive is a major hazard.

This is why they shouldn't be captivated. They're a danger to the trainers and to each other.
---
#10 Posted: 23:18:16 21/10/2013
Warning Graphic

The same family sued SeaWorld because their daughter didn't follow instructions.
CamelApple Ripto Gems: 0
#11 Posted: 23:58:54 21/10/2013
That's why i go to cedar point.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#12 Posted: 00:00:43 22/10/2013
orcas and dolphins are dicks
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me