First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Wave 3 [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#51 Posted: 21:19:49 23/10/2013
As said above, all kinds of Wave 3 issues make last year not a really good example. They barely slipped the singles and lightcores out under the Christmas wire. The giants took until late January and the battle pack was due at the first of the year, but didn't make it until late January either. They had something going on, maybe import issues from manufacturing or something.

But ... wave 3 for the first game was also delayed until mid January. So, that might be their plan all along. They do have lots more figures to release this year, so unlike last two years they can afford to have a robust, timely Wave 3 and still keep things going until late Spring. Had they released all of Wave 3 for Giants before Christmas we would have gone into the new year with only ONE unreleased figure (Ninjini) and the variants. They need to keep the franchise rolling much longer than that, the longer the lull between the final wave and the next game the more chance for people to move on and forget about it.
spellenjunk Green Sparx Gems: 392
#52 Posted: 11:15:28 09/11/2013
do whe already know wich skylanders will be in wave 3?
---
~N~ ninja clan!! no one will break my record of 224 posts in a row!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#53 Posted: 11:40:56 09/11/2013
Quote: spellenjunk

Yeah...

Rubble Rouser
Spy Rise
Stink Bomb
Smolderdash
Dune Bug
Hyper Beam Prism Break
Horn Blast Whirlwind
Phantom Cynder
Lightcore Countdown
Lightcore Wham Shell
Thorn Horn Camo
Grim Creeper
Wind-Up
---
#54 Posted: 12:35:21 09/11/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
Quote: spellenjunk

Yeah...

Rubble Rouser
Spy Rise
Stink Bomb
Smolderdash
Dune Bug
Hyper Beam Prism Break
Horn Blast Whirlwind
Phantom Cynder
Lightcore Countdown
Lightcore Wham Shell
Thorn Horn Camo
Grim Creeper
Wind-Up

than you for the info
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#55 Posted: 12:59:52 09/11/2013
Rubble Rouser
Spy Rise
Stink Bomb
Smolderdash
Dune Bug
Hyper Beam Prism Break
Horn Blast Whirlwind
Phantom Cynder
Lightcore Countdown
Lightcore Wham Shell
Thorn Horn Camo
Grim Creeper
Wind-Up

Great, all the skylanders I want so badly are in this wave?! and here in the netherlands we have to wait so long!
DANGIT!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#56 Posted: 13:28:57 09/11/2013
I really want Scratch and Freeze Blade but they are not in Wave 3 smilie
---
Gooby Green Sparx Gems: 277
#57 Posted: 20:13:56 09/11/2013
What swappers are not out yet?
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#58 Posted: 21:02:42 09/11/2013
Quote: Gooby
What swappers are not out yet?

smilie smilie smilie are not in wave 3
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#59 Posted: 21:33:44 09/11/2013
I'm DYING to get the Swappers in Wave 3! Almost have all the money I'll need to buy them all at once!
#60 Posted: 15:46:05 10/11/2013
do we already now wich swap force dubble packs and triple packs will be in wave 3?
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#61 Posted: 16:50:42 10/11/2013
Wave 2 is still in short supply where I live, and Wave 2 triple packs have yet to be seen. In general, triple packs are NOT selling so I don't know if/when they will hit the shelves. I think they made a tactical error including 2 reposes in the triple pack. People are voting with their dollars that reposes aren't required.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Chrisii2013 Green Sparx Gems: 454
#62 Posted: 16:55:31 10/11/2013
I need stink bomb to complete part of my DS game
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#63 Posted: 19:25:52 10/11/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Wave 2 is still in short supply where I live, and Wave 2 triple packs have yet to be seen. In general, triple packs are NOT selling so I don't know if/when they will hit the shelves. I think they made a tactical error including 2 reposes in the triple pack. People are voting with their dollars that reposes aren't required.

I'm with you...I have yet to see wave 2 in my area other than the single pack of Knockout Terrafin. I've checked out 2 different stores each of Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target in central NJ. It's more out of curiosity and browsing in store since I've been able to get the figures online from Toys R Us and Amazon. I haven't set foot in a Gamestop since getting my dark starter pack. I am tired of the insane supply of wave 1 that I've seen in the stores. However, I'm glad there's plenty of stock of the new Legendary figures at TRU.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#64 Posted: 20:50:40 10/11/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Fully agree, GhostRoaster.
I think the same factors that made Triple Packs a major success during the Spyro's Adventure generation are now making them a relative failure in the SwapForce generation.
People viewed the Triple Packs as a viable way to save money in 2011-12. But now Activision seems bent on putting reposed characters that people already own in the latest Triple Packs, and yet releasing those at the same time as the single packs of the new characters ... bad marketing.
It was pretty obvious that Triple Packs were under-performing during the Giants release cycle. The Triple Packs that contain Sprocket, Sonic Boom, and Stump Smash, in particular, are STILL collecting dust at most major retailers locally, and have been for over 6 months. Meanwhile, the Triple Packs containing Spyro/Hot Dog/ Bash have *still* not been seen in the USA, as far as I've heard/seen.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#65 Posted: 21:53:38 10/11/2013
Here in NJ, Wave 2 is actually in very good supply. I see dozens of Scorp and Rip Tide. I saw about 10 Grilla Drillas, 8 Boom Jets, 5 Fire Krakens, and 7 Night Shifts at ToysRUs when I went to pick up Legendary Night Shift.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GamerGroovenik Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#66 Posted: 21:55:10 10/11/2013
I just want to know when/where/how to get an Enchanted Star Strike.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#67 Posted: 22:51:21 10/11/2013
BOLOGNA!
How can freeze Blade be in Wave 4 or 5 if they market him so much!?!?!?!?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#68 Posted: 23:02:22 10/11/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Here in NJ, Wave 2 is actually in very good supply. I see dozens of Scorp and Rip Tide. I saw about 10 Grilla Drillas, 8 Boom Jets, 5 Fire Krakens, and 7 Night Shifts at ToysRUs when I went to pick up Legendary Night Shift.

So either no one's buying these or you're pretty darn lucky.

Quote: mastermc54
I am tired of the insane supply of wave 1 that I've seen in the stores. However, I'm glad there's plenty of stock of the new Legendary figures at TRU.

It is kinda nuts seeing the endless restocks of Wave 1 without a significant showing of Wave 2. I too am thankful that TRU is doing a GREAT job stocking legendaries. I do think however that if you want 'em do go ahead because after Dec I suspect they will be dust in the wind. Nitro Magna is pretty much gone from my Targets.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:05:12 10/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
#69 Posted: 02:41:03 11/11/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
BOLOGNA!
How can freeze Blade be in Wave 4 or 5 if they market him so much!?!?!?!?

See: last year, same time, same channel, subject: Ninjini.

The fact that Activision will withhold some new characters (especially the "cool" looking ones) until well into next year should surprise nobody. Trap Shadow, Freeze Blade, and Scratch seem to be the ones that are going to get the Ninjini treatment this time around.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#70 Posted: 03:06:49 11/11/2013
I hope someone here gives a confirmed release date of Wave 3. No BS...

Best source would be from someone who works at Toys R Us, Activision, or Vicarious Visions...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:07:39 11/11/2013 by lordexodus
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#71 Posted: 03:30:27 11/11/2013
Im seeing wave 2 gone around here, stores seem to have just wave 1, i also think triples need to be 2 new one repose.
#72 Posted: 14:33:53 11/11/2013
Quote: lordexodus
I hope someone here gives a confirmed release date of Wave 3. No BS...

Best source would be from someone who works at Toys R Us, Activision, or Vicarious Visions...

No.
"Word of mouth" and hearsay from Toys R Us store employees, who are often very uninformed, should always be viewed with extreme skepticism. Always corroborate hearsay with at least one other employee (preferably from a different store location) before sharing in the forums, as a general rule of thumb. Same thing applies for GameStop employee hearsay, except two-fold or three-fold. They're all generally notorious for spreading false information, even though most of them do so without any malicious intent.

As for Activision and Vicarious Visions ... Activision keeps most release dates secret and/or fluid, on purpose, with good reason; Vicarious Visions staff just develops and programs the game and designs the figurines, they aren't involved in distribution of the characters at all, as far as I know.
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#73 Posted: 14:56:57 11/11/2013
I'll admit that the best source I use is this website to know when the new ones are out and about. Being in Florida, it always seems we're a tad behind everyone else in receiving stuff...so I usually have at least a day or two's notice on these things from you regulars here. And for that I am thankful. smilie
---
Here we go again...!
#74 Posted: 16:00:42 11/11/2013
There are fairly accurate ways to determine a Wave a few days prior, but if none of those get the tip outside of that it is just "when we see it". If TRU is having a Hot Toy Alert, there are a few employees out there that will identify it and the release date.

As of now, there are absolutely zero indications of an imminent Wave 3. Shelves are still well stocked, Wave 2 is getting more common but still fairly uncommon. Wave 1 is naturally going to be a lot more common because the first Wave is always the most numerous, and it hasn't really had a chance to cycle yet, people that are playing the game now will naturally gravitate to "newer" and less common figures, which is why Wave 2 is still uncommon. Once Black Friday hits, the shopping season will begin and parents will start clearing out Wave 1 stuff. How quickly that happens will determine how fast Wave 3 hits to restock.

As a note, I've notice the game is doing well, but reposes are really not very popular this year. And three packs aren't moving given they are two old and one new (we haven't even seen Wave 2 three packs). This results in a lot of stock on the shelves, and yes, Disney is taking its toll. Vastly different game (and older), but limited budgets often mean parents have to split their purchases - money doesn't grow on trees.

In the end, my guess is that we *might* see some of Wave 3 mid to late December, more likely January. It is going to depend on how fast shelves get cleared after Thanksgiving.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#75 Posted: 02:56:04 12/11/2013
Im wondering if were getting Wave 4 or 4/5
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#76 Posted: 03:47:21 12/11/2013
Am I the only one who's noticed that the release date for wave 3 figures on amazon.fr has changed to Nov 30th? Or is nobody keeping track. smilie
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#77 Posted: 04:26:20 12/11/2013
Wave 3 may be post Christmas. Why folks think they should machine gun all the figures onto shelves is beyond me. That just isn't good marketing.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#78 Posted: 05:12:28 12/11/2013
To be honest, I would be surprised if we don't see wave 3 before the end of November. I think mid-November makes sense to make sure wave 3 is fully distributed before Black Friday. No special insight, just my personal speculation here.

Earth-Dragon I disagree - no new figures between October and Christmas, when parents will spend hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of dollars just on toys, that would be bad marketing. Do';t forget, there are more figures in this game than ever before, plus variants, that can keep this going a long time.
#79 Posted: 05:26:27 12/11/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
To be honest, I would be surprised if we don't see wave 3 before the end of November. I think mid-November makes sense to make sure wave 3 is fully distributed before Black Friday. No special insight, just my personal speculation here.

Earth-Dragon I disagree - no new figures between October and Christmas, when parents will spend hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of dollars just on toys, that would be bad marketing. Do';t forget, there are more figures in this game than ever before, plus variants, that can keep this going a long time.

Parents will spend that regardless. Most parents don't come anywhere near buying everything that is out. And the vast majority of people buying will be getting presents. New waves are wasted on this crowd because most of them don't know the difference. After Christmas, kids get into the game and new Waves create excitement. Prior to Christmas new waves are simply "more figures" which most parents don't notice (we do of course, but we are a very small minority). Last two Sundays, me and one other forum user were literally the only people at TRU looking for the new Legendary Skylanders.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#80 Posted: 06:12:06 12/11/2013
Wave 2 has been pretty sparse the last few weeks. They'll probably just stock the shelves with the first two waves for black friday, then drop wave 3 between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#81 Posted: 06:46:57 12/11/2013
there are a LOT of black friday ads showing up (target, walmart, kmart, etc etc)and none of them have any wave 3 characters in them at all.
i think the speculative speculations have been been prematurely speculated. if anyone see a wave 3 in an ad, website or pre-order please post.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#82 Posted: 13:39:28 12/11/2013
Honestly, its been a tic for tac with Disney. they always counter each other these days. If Disney doesn't have anything, I'd expect Activision to be quiet on it.

And I fully expect *unfortunatly* for Wave 3 to be a 'week of Black Friday' thing to drum up interest.
- Unreall
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#83 Posted: 14:02:33 12/11/2013
Wave 2 is fairly common around me, expect for Fire Kracken and Scorp, everyone else can be found, I got lucky to get them at Best Buy, they r also at Gamestop but not in my TRU yet.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#84 Posted: 15:03:30 12/11/2013
Wait let me get this straight. No one actually knows when Wave 3 is coming out? Wasn't the leaked list saying November?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
WarHammer Green Sparx Gems: 264
#85 Posted: 15:27:24 12/11/2013
Come on out where you are...daddy needs a stink bomb smilie
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#86 Posted: 16:13:16 12/11/2013
Quote: defpally

Parents will spend that regardless. Most parents don't come anywhere near buying everything that is out. And the vast majority of people buying will be getting presents. New waves are wasted on this crowd because most of them don't know the difference. After Christmas, kids get into the game and new Waves create excitement. Prior to Christmas new waves are simply "more figures" which most parents don't notice (we do of course, but we are a very small minority). Last two Sundays, me and one other forum user were literally the only people at TRU looking for the new Legendary Skylanders.

They will spend it, but not necessarily on Skylanders. Our parents couldn't tell one Transformer from another, but we gave them lists of the ones we wanted, and they could still read the names.Same thing with Skylanders. If they given Skylander a kid wants isn't there, they aren't just going to buy another one, they will move down the list to the next most desired toy. Maybe it's a Skylander, but maybe it isn't.

Quote: exosquad
there are a LOT of black friday ads showing up (target, walmart, kmart, etc etc)and none of them have any wave 3 characters in them at all.
i think the speculative speculations have been been prematurely speculated. if anyone see a wave 3 in an ad, website or pre-order please post.

Come on, we've been through this before with Thumpback and others. Just because a given Skylander is, or is not, pictured in ads has nothing to do with if it is actually going to be on shelves. Those ads are made months ahead of time with whatever Skylanders the marketing people happen to have been given.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#87 Posted: 17:15:35 12/11/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Quote: defpally

They will spend it, but not necessarily on Skylanders. Our parents couldn't tell one Transformer from another, but we gave them lists of the ones we wanted, and they could still read the names.Same thing with Skylanders. If they given Skylander a kid wants isn't there, they aren't just going to buy another one, they will move down the list to the next most desired toy. Maybe it's a Skylander, but maybe it isn't.

Quote: exosquad

Come on, we've been through this before with Thumpback and others. Just because a given Skylander is, or is not, pictured in ads has nothing to do with if it is actually going to be on shelves. Those ads are made months ahead of time with whatever Skylanders the marketing people happen to have been given.

I have no knowledge of when Wave 3 will hit stores, but I don't think you'll see any Wave 3 characters in printed ads over the holiday season.
Assume you'll see Jolly Bumble Blast, possibly as an exclusive, but I'm not sure. They could still come out, but I don't think you'll see them in the Sunday ads.
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#88 Posted: 12:17:16 13/11/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11
Rubble Rouser
Spy Rise
Stink Bomb
Smolderdash
Dune Bug
Hyper Beam Prism Break
Horn Blast Whirlwind
Phantom Cynder
Lightcore Countdown
Lightcore Wham Shell
Thorn Horn Camo
Grim Creeper
Wind-Up

Great, all the skylanders I want so badly are in this wave?! and here in the netherlands we have to wait so long!
DANGIT!

do you now when it comes out in Netherlands and Belgium smilie (wave 3) ?
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#89 Posted: 19:43:47 13/11/2013
*walks in thread with fingers crossed of someone saying "Hey look what I got!"*
*sees people from other countries asking about it - justifiably*
*doesn't see any eBay pictures*
*walks out thread huffing under breathe*
- Unreall
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me