Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
HILARIOUS Art Theft Help [CLOSED]
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#1 Posted: 03:31:14 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
So today I saw this drawing: http://darksoulhollow.devianta...color-407004281 , that is stolen from this: http://benhickling.deviantart....dicoot-67429090 , and they wrote this ADORABLE journal about me! smilie http://darksoulhollow.devianta...ATION-407531754 SO KAWAII! >w<
Seriously, can someone help me tell this person that she stole artwork and REFUSES to give credit? All her friends are SO funny who say she isn't an art theft! smilie Hilarious. smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:56 23/10/2013 by Kariana
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#2 Posted: 03:32:55 16/10/2013
I like milk.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#3 Posted: 03:33:01 16/10/2013
Quote: Kariana
So today I saw this drawing: http://darksoulhollow.devianta...color-407004281 , that is stolen from this: http://benhickling.deviantart....dicoot-67429090 , and they wrote this ADORABLE journal about me! smilie http://darksoulhollow.devianta...ATION-407531754 SO KAWAII! >w<
Seriously, can someone help me tell this dumb bit*h that she stole artwork and REFUSES to give credit? All her friends are SO funny who say she isn't an art theft! smilie Hilarious. smilie

they look alike ecept for the coloring
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#4 Posted: 03:36:57 16/10/2013
Im planning on writing a comment to her,
#5 Posted: 03:38:15 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Underian
Im planning on writing a comment to her,

PLEASE. She is so hilariously ignorant, I don't even know what to say.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#6 Posted: 03:38:23 16/10/2013
Oh there would be a **** storm if that were on the groups.

In fact let me link you to the groups of the Crash bandicoot franchise for backup needs.

http://nsanityisland.deviantart.com/
http://crash-b-stuffs.deviantart.com/

Tell them that. Since it's Crash bandicoot related :3.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:43 16/10/2013 by Trix Master 100
#7 Posted: 03:44:18 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eevee88
Seriously, can someone help me tell this dumb bit*h that she stole artwork and REFUSES to give credit? All her friends are SO funny who say she isn't an art theft! smilie Hilarious. smilie

they look alike ecept for the coloring

Exactly alike, yes.

Quote: Trix Master 100
Oh there would be a **** storm if that were on the groups.

In fact let me link you to the groups of the Crash bandicoot franchise for backup needs.

http://nsanityisland.deviantart.com/
http://crash-b-stuffs.deviantart.com/

Tell them that. Since it's Crash bandicoot related :3.

I just may have to. smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#8 Posted: 03:46:21 16/10/2013
**Dear Miss,**

**I am not trying to tell you that you ARE an Art Thief. You are the verge of being one. An Art Thief is one who steals others art for their own benefit. I dont see you using this art to your own effort, so I dont consider you an Art Thief. Maybe more of someone who takes Art and draws it for fun? I see you out lots of effort in your drawings but crediting the artist is the right thing to do. The artist works just as much as you do and should deserve credit for their work. Credit them please or even just say 'Inspired To Draw By ____' and link to the original image. Miss, your drawing skill is amazing and beautiful but please credit artists and their work. I hope you listen well to this letter because I was listening to Still Into You by Paramore. See that's crediting an artist for their song, okay yeah not really but you know what I mean! Please! Just credit or out Inspired to Draw By! Also ask Artist permission! :U

**Majesticly,
Underian of darkSpyro/HedgehogCloudThing of deviantArt/many other aliases

What do you think guys? Should I send this to her?
#9 Posted: 03:46:43 16/10/2013
I would help, but I don't want to pull my muscle (that was already pulled today through coughing.) any further through typing somehow.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 03:49:08 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
**Dear Miss,**

**I am not trying to tell you that you ARE an Art Thief. You are the verge of being one. An Art Thief is one who steals others art for their own benefit. I dont see you using this art to your own effort, so I dont consider you an Art Thief. Maybe more of someone who takes Art and draws it for fun? I see you out lots of effort in your drawings but crediting the artist is the right thing to do. The artist works just as much as you do and should deserve credit for their work. Credit them please or even just say 'Inspired To Draw By ____' and link to the original image. Miss, your drawing skill is amazing and beautiful but please credit artists and their work. I hope you listen well to this letter because I was listening to Still Into You by Paramore. See that's crediting an artist for their song, okay yeah not really but you know what I mean! Please! Just credit or out Inspired to Draw By! Also ask Artist permission! :U

**Majesticly,
Underian of darkSpyro/HedgehogCloudThing of deviantArt/many other aliases

What do you think guys? Should I send this to her?

PLEASE.

I would help, but I don't want to pull my muscle (that was already pulled today through coughing.) any further through typing somehow.

Dont worry about it Trix!
Aw, how cute, the art theft says my gallery sucks and that I should go back to school! smilie I am already in it. -.-
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#11 Posted: 03:55:40 16/10/2013
I sent the note. Hopefully she replies nonhostlie.
#12 Posted: 03:56:37 16/10/2013
I learned what Underian's Devinart is.
#13 Posted: 03:57:00 16/10/2013
Quote: somePerson
I learned what Underian's Devinart is.

Yes you did.
#14 Posted: 03:58:01 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I sent the note. Hopefully she replies nonhostlie.

PM me with what they say. k? smilie Oh, btw, what is your DA Underian so I can give ya a watch? smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#15 Posted: 03:58:57 16/10/2013
HedgehogCloudThing
#16 Posted: 04:02:43 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
HedgehogCloudThing

Watched ya back! smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#17 Posted: 04:19:42 16/10/2013
jeez and the thief is like IM NOT A THIEF BECAUSE I HAVE AUTISM

quality human being
#18 Posted: 04:22:53 16/10/2013
HedgehogCloudThing

Watched ya.
---
icon from Empoh
#19 Posted: 04:23:52 16/10/2013
I bet nobody knows who I am.
#20 Posted: 04:26:09 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Big Green

quality human being

She also uses the excuse that since the original is computer drawn and the stolen is done in pencil means that it is not stolen. -.-
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#21 Posted: 04:30:18 16/10/2013

quality human being

Yeah it's like she's trying to make Autism an excuse. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. Kind of gives people with Autism a bad look.

I know who you are.
---
icon from Empoh
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#22 Posted: 04:30:35 16/10/2013

quality human being

She also uses the excuse that since the original is computer drawn and the stolen is done in pencil means that it is not stolen. -.-

Which in that way she is kinda right....

Hear me out before you flame.

If she had directly like taken the art and reposted it saying it was hers, then yeah, theft. She did redraw it herself, so that gets some props, though yeah, it is the same pic just redone. I still see her in the wrong. She should've still noted something saying "Inspired By" or something about how it was her looking at it and redoing it with a tiny tag noting that the original was by you.

I just stick to writings on DA, hoenstly.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:31:27 16/10/2013 by Seiki
#23 Posted: 04:31:52 16/10/2013

quality human being

Yeah it's like she's trying to make Autism an excuse. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. Kind of gives people with Autism a bad look.

I know who you are.

Dammit, ignore that user.
#24 Posted: 04:34:51 16/10/2013
s0mePerson
#25 Posted: 04:36:52 16/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki

quality human being

If she had directly like taken the art and reposted it saying it was hers, then yeah, theft. She did redraw it herself, so that gets some props, though yeah, it is the same pic just redone. I still see her in the wrong. She should've still noted something saying "Inspired By" or something about how it was her looking at it and redoing it with a tiny tag noting that the original was by you.

But she still needs to credit the artist for the actual pose.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#26 Posted: 04:38:36 16/10/2013
s0mePerson

****! How'd you know?
#27 Posted: 04:38:48 16/10/2013

But she still needs to credit the artist for the actual pose.

Which was my point at the end.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#28 Posted: 04:40:40 16/10/2013
s0mePerson

****! How'd you know?

Wild guess
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#29 Posted: 04:53:33 16/10/2013

quality human being

i dunno less props since it looks traced to me
#30 Posted: 05:09:11 16/10/2013

i dunno less props since it looks traced to me

I thought the same, but was gonna try and be nice. :/
---
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#31 Posted: 06:56:17 16/10/2013
Wow, that really sucks. Sorry you've got an art thief on your hands.

lol that reminds me of this time when somebody told me he was open for requests so I asked him to draw one of my female characters but what he really did was trace a picture of Shuu from Hatoful Boyfriend and added cat ears. Stealing or tracing art is always disrespectful to the artist. I wish you the best of luck with these pests.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#32 Posted: 16:34:02 16/10/2013
Perhaps if the artist gave credit to whom originally drew it, it might've ended out better.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#33 Posted: 16:41:01 16/10/2013
"A true Artist will dress in unusual ways, that's how i role . Are you willing to be unique? Be just like me, and let your imagination free." - profile description

She's not a true artist if she's stealing other people's art lol
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Musik Red Sparx Gems: 67
#34 Posted: 22:01:43 16/10/2013
Quote: shorty
I'd like to point out that, while she may be tracing other people's artwork, calling her a dumb ***** was uncalled for and unneeded.

Yeah but wasnt she who created that style of drawing and either the pose, she simply traced it, at least she could act with respect and give the owner credit for the creativity.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#35 Posted: 22:25:07 16/10/2013
Does the original work have a creative commons license on it?
#36 Posted: 22:33:49 16/10/2013
Quote: Musik
I'd like to point out that, while she may be tracing other people's artwork, calling her a dumb ***** was uncalled for and unneeded.

Yeah but wasnt she who created that style of drawing and either the pose, she simply traced it, at least she could act with respect and give the owner credit for the creativity.

I don't support her tracing the art and she should give credit but I still don't think the comment was needed.

And why not? If ppl ignore stealings they will become even more common cause they will simply think that wont happen anything if they steal, trust me, it happened to me once, a girl started to trace my arts and even that I asked her to stop she keeped doing it, she even stoled a character Ive created so I gaved up at publishing my art on internet. Not worthy the bother smilie
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#37 Posted: 22:38:40 16/10/2013
Quote:
i mean i draw what i see my autism allow me to do that

ahahahhahaahahahaha
#38 Posted: 22:44:03 16/10/2013
Quote: Musik

I don't support her tracing the art and she should give credit but I still don't think the comment was needed.

And why not? If ppl ignore stealings they will become even more common cause they will simply think that wont happen anything if they steal, trust me, it happened to me once, a girl started to trace my arts and even that I asked her to stop she keeped doing it, she even stoled a character Ive created so I gaved up at publishing my art on internet. Not worthy the bother smilie

Uhhh, I never said they should ignore it either.
All I said was the calling her a dumb ***** was unneeded.
I do think they should do something about it and that's report the user and try and inform the user of what they've done wrong.

Yeah thats harsh to be said.
Agreed
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#39 Posted: 22:44:51 16/10/2013

Who cares? You're just some Person.
#40 Posted: 23:18:15 16/10/2013
Quote: Troll Slug

[User Posted Image]

- - -
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#41 Posted: 23:21:58 16/10/2013
Quote: Troll Slug

[User Posted Image]

- - -

With a sandwich...

On topic, I think stealing art and blaming it on your autism is just wrong. That has nothing to do with art theft!
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#42 Posted: 00:01:01 17/10/2013
sigh.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#43 Posted: 00:11:02 17/10/2013
She removed the stolen art.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#44 Posted: 17:52:20 17/10/2013
Yep and I hope she doesnt steal another art again >.>
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me