Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#151 Posted: 03:07:00 19/10/2013
Quote: TheGooch
Alright Postalgoddess I hear what you had to say. Let this fall where it will but I will offer up the code. Here is what I ask in return: Perhaps if some lucky individual wins 2...3....25 and wants to feel generous enough to share one of them with me provided I am not a winner then I would be eternally grateful. I would of course pay for the shipping. I understand that obviously nobody is obligated to to do this but if I believe in anything it is Karma. Do a good thing and most likely something good will come your way. I would only be looking for one, maybe two as I like to open one and keep one in it's package.

Code: 1NP22800517

BTW I am not a greedy person. I was only hoping to ensure that I got one before I went and shared the code with everyone.

This type of comment right here, is what I was referring to when I referenced "greed". I do believe most people here have the best intentions to help each other, but there's always gotta be that one. Lol Way to go Gooch! You totally ruined Matteomax's chances of getting one of these RattleShakes. Please don't lose any sleep over that, think of all the people (and their children) that you gave a chance to. If Matteomax doesn't want to help out others, perhaps that user should not be a member here, reaping other benefits through this site.

Quote: Matteomax
By posting this, you have broken the rules of the contest, and this could possibly be punishable.

Not to mention the fact that now anyone can get as many as possible. Great, expect over 100 to appear on eBay within the first 3 weeks of the contest.

By the way Matteomax, maybe you should familiarize yourself with the promotion. There is one prize awarded, every 15 minutes...that's 4/ hour. That's a maximum of 96 prizes per day. Each person is only allowed one entry per day. We're all going to have to work for this promo...even the scalpers. Get over it.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:08:37 19/10/2013 by Postalgoddess
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#152 Posted: 14:25:29 19/10/2013
So the promotion will be 59 days long. 96 given per day of 5,664 available.
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#153 Posted: 14:50:43 19/10/2013
^ That is correct.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#154 Posted: 15:06:16 19/10/2013
I'm not choosing sides, but I can see where Matteo would be concerned about the code being posted publicly on the forum. And apparently one or more mode agree, too. Is the venom really necessary? Unless I'm missing something, Matteo is a quality poster, and I just don't think they deserve this.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#155 Posted: 15:12:33 19/10/2013
Its gotten ridiculously out of control. I'd urge people to remember that many people here are minors...including mods.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#156 Posted: 15:51:31 19/10/2013
Where do you even input the code? s:
---
Do you even pose?
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#157 Posted: 15:57:09 19/10/2013
The site isn't active yet....not till Nov. 3 And its the Frito-Lay site.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#158 Posted: 16:30:48 19/10/2013
The act of entitlement is wrong at any age as far as I am concerned.
---
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#159 Posted: 16:32:30 19/10/2013
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
The site isn't active yet....not till Nov. 3 And its the Frito-Lay site.

Ohh. Alright, thanks for letting me know.
---
Do you even pose?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#160 Posted: 17:08:04 19/10/2013
Quote: Postalgoddess
Not all regions have the same stores. I was one of the only people to find flocked stumpy bags in April of 2012...we all got them by sharing the public phone number that was on the OUTSIDE of the bag. Posting it on here, didn't hurt anyone's chances...if they all have the same code on the outside, it's no different than a toll free phone number. Frankly, if they "require" a purchase...it shouldn't be placed on the outside of the package.

Postalgoddess,

While true, Drillsarge and I live in the exact same area, within ~30 miles or less of each other. We "share" the same TRU as our only local one and all of the previous promo bags as well as the current Fright Rider one have been available at the same local & national chain stores that are within 5-10 minutes' driving distance of that store. While we might not be next door neighbors, there's no reason for him to not have been able to find these.

Additionally, and I may sound like a jerk here, I get concerned that he seems to only post whenever people are offering up details about "rare" and potentially expensive figures. Back toward the end of the original SSA release when wave 5 couldn't be found on any shelves in my area, there was a guy on Craigslist posting about how they had multiple extras at just-under-eBay prices. The same day, Drillsarge posted about having extra wave 5's available and mentioned his location. When I PM'd him about them and mentioned we were in the same area, they suddenly weren't wave 5 anymore, but the ultra common (at the time) wave 4 figures. At the time, he had indicated he had a complete collection and was searching for wave 5. Boomer and Dark Light Crypt were clogging the shelves EVERYWHERE in our area. However, a few weeks ago, when people started finding Boomer and DLC again, he popped up asking that someone send him one at cost because he didn't have it (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=87006&page=1). Every time he starts asking about hard to get figures, a Craigslist ad pops up in my area offering the same figures at highly inflated prices.

It could be very well that my suspicions are unfounded, but Drillsarge only seeming to post as sporadically and specifically as he has...I dunno, that throws a flag for me. (shrug) If I'm wrong, I apologize, but that's my $0.02.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#161 Posted: 17:38:01 19/10/2013
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt
Where do you even input the code? s:

On 11/3 you can enter the code here: www.fritolayholiday.com
jcraft Green Sparx Gems: 286
#162 Posted: 19:20:53 19/10/2013
Within the past two days the latest promo bags (RattleShake) have started showing up at all our local mega-stores (Target & Walmart) here locally, but I still have yet to find a single fright rider bag. I don't think the new ones will be that hard to find for anyone.
#163 Posted: 19:37:23 19/10/2013
Quote: PlayableMoogle
I'm not choosing sides, but I can see where Matteo would be concerned about the code being posted publicly on the forum. And apparently one or more mode agree, too. Is the venom really necessary? Unless I'm missing something, Matteo is a quality poster, and I just don't think they deserve this.

If people don't want to share the info...they should keep it to themselves and not post a topic about it. This site is about helping others, not teasing.

How old are we here?? I have some info nah nah nah nah nah...and you caaaaan't have it!! Really?? Someone posts a topic, we all make comments, put our heads together, and we ALL get rewarded by having the input of others helping us along. I haven't been on this site in almost a year, and I've quickly been reminded why.....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:24 19/10/2013 by Postalgoddess
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#164 Posted: 20:19:57 19/10/2013
DarkChyld, how do you even know where I live? If you do live within 30 miles of me you would know the only stores that had any promotion was the original sidekicks. I was in Knoxville when I saw the giant sidekick bags and thats 90 miles from me. If they are in our area I would've seen the fright rider one. Its not in the Tri cities. I'm one person there are probably hundreds with the code already that dont even use or post on this forum. Id imagine if u are in my area you were one of the few at the midniht release at TRU that the employees said they couldn't stand dealing with because you felt like you were entitled to use coupons that didnt work on their computers. While the manager and 2 employees talking when I checked out said me and the last woman out were the only polite and pleasant people they dealt with the entire night. Sorry but you thinking only a few of you have the code and were going to claim as many as you wanted was ruined long before the code was given out here. If you did know where I live you could've said where the bags were like others that have been helpful have done. This site was made for the fans to help others that are fans. We might as well stop posting aboit what is released where and when just so you can be first to get yours. I even offered to buy a bag from someone I didn't ask to have it for free. But to say the bags are in driving distance when you don't know who I am or where I live is ridiculous. Just like the gamestop employees in this area if u do know where I live that hide their new stock and pick what they want before customers have a chance to buy them or maybe thats where u work or the walmart where an employee almost lost his job bc he went thru all the packages that came so he could sell the rare ones on ebay. If we could only all be like you then we could post what we have found and say "look at me" then stop posting information about where figures r being released and when they will be released. Someone else will no matter what you do and thankfully not everyone is like you.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#165 Posted: 21:14:43 19/10/2013
Quote: Postalgoddess
Quote: PlayableMoogle

If people don't want to share the info...they should keep it to themselves and not post a topic about it. This site is about helping others, not teasing.

How old are we here?? I have some info nah nah nah nah nah...and you caaaaan't have it!! Really?? Someone posts a topic, we all make comments, put our heads together, and we ALL get rewarded by having the input of others helping us along. I haven't been on this site in almost a year, and I've quickly been reminded why.....

I usually enjoy your posts too, but I don't agree with this. People shared lots of information about the code and the existence of these bags, etc. That does not mean I expect them to share the code. I can work on finding my own like I'd need to do if this was any of the other Frito-Lay promotions. I'm not entitled to what they received with their purchase. Now, if they didn't purchase because it's on the outside of the bag, that's their choice. But I don't believe I've seen anyone here who has said they just pulled the sticker off the bag in store and left it there after writing the code down, anyway.

I, for one, appreciate any information that has been shared. I was not entitled to anyone handing me the code. But, I'll leave it at that. Many people have made this thread a helpful one, and I'd prefer it remain up so that it can remain helpful, as opposed to be closed because everyone is acting silly.
#166 Posted: 06:02:56 20/10/2013
Photo of figure from the back of the bag of chips:

[User Posted Image]

All the glowing in-game most likely looks real cool. smilie But why didn't they change his snake gun? .....The snake is not blue(i want the snake to be blue smilie )...its the same color as the standard Rattle Shake's snake gun.
---
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#167 Posted: 10:44:49 20/10/2013
Just got 2 of these bags from Buffalo , NY
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
#168 Posted: 10:51:16 20/10/2013
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Photo of figure from the back of the bag of chips:

[User Posted Image]

All the glowing in-game most likely looks real cool. smilie But why didn't they change his snake gun? .....The snake is not blue(i want the snake to be blue smilie )...its the same color as the standard Rattle Shake's snake gun.

Why the heck does my picture keep flipping upside down?
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#169 Posted: 11:07:45 20/10/2013
It might only be that way for you.
#170 Posted: 11:53:11 20/10/2013
On my phone it is upside down, on my laptop it is correct...weird.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#171 Posted: 01:49:47 21/10/2013
Quote: DrillSarge
DarkChyld, how do you even know where I live?

Because quite a long time ago, when I first joined the forum, you posted about the Johnson City, TN store being your local TRU. I'm in Bristol, so it's mine too.

Quote:
If you do live within 30 miles of me you would know the only stores that had any promotion was the original sidekicks.

That's funny, I found the flocked Stump Smash bags, original Sidekicks bags, new Sidekicks bags as well as the Fright Rider ones throughout Bristol, Johnson City and Kingsport during their respective release times. There weren't just a few, either.

Quote:
I was in Knoxville when I saw the giant sidekick bags and thats 90 miles from me.

Well, you're 90 miles from Knoxville, which is about 120 miles from me, the JC TRU is your local one and that's about 30 miles from me. So I guess you're in the Johnson City, TN area. Behold my insane powers of deduction regarding your location.

Quote:
If they are in our area I would've seen the fright rider one. Its not in the Tri cities.

Checked any local grocery stores? They were late to arrive, but they've been all over our local stores for the past week. I managed to get someone on here to snag 4 bags for me right before my wife stumbled across them the first time. Seriously, if you're not finding these, you're not looking.

Quote:
I'm one person there are probably hundreds with the code already that dont even use or post on this forum.

No doubt.

Quote:
Id imagine if u are in my area you were one of the few at the midniht release at TRU that the employees said they couldn't stand dealing with because you felt like you were entitled to use coupons that didnt work on their computers. While the manager and 2 employees talking when I checked out said me and the last woman out were the only polite and pleasant people they dealt with the entire night.

ROFL. Seriously? The only coupon I had that wouldn't pull up in their system were the ones from the Giantkicks bags, which I apologized about when they didn't scan through automatically. I was very polite (as I always am) and offered to skip them since they didn't want to come up. However, the gentleman who rang me out told me not to worry, that they knew about them and had a special way to ring them out. Also, I was the last person rung out, so I guess it wasn't me that you're trying so hard to hurt my feelings about.

Did you bring your kids with you? Talk to anybody in line? I know that I had a great time that evening, before during and after the store opened.

Quote:
Sorry but you thinking only a few of you have the code and were going to claim as many as you wanted was ruined long before the code was given out here.

As the Rattleshake promo isn't actually a current one (not supposed to drop until November), I wasn't aware of it and didn't have the code until it popped up here.

Quote:
If you did know where I live you could've said where the bags were like others that have been helpful have done. This site was made for the fans to help others that are fans. We might as well stop posting aboit what is released where and when just so you can be first to get yours. I even offered to buy a bag from someone I didn't ask to have it for free. But to say the bags are in driving distance when you don't know who I am or where I live is ridiculous.

Based on my earlier post and how many scalpers I know to be in my area, as well as the fact that you're the only other member on here that I know is in my area, why would I post the specific whereabouts of the bags? I stated a few days ago when my wife found the bags that I knew where they were. Why didn't you respond to me or PM me if you were so interested?

Quote:
Just like the gamestop employees in this area if u do know where I live that hide their new stock and pick what they want before customers have a chance to buy them or maybe thats where u work or the walmart where an employee almost lost his job bc he went thru all the packages that came so he could sell the rare ones on ebay.

I could believe the bit about Wal-Mart, but all Gamestop locations receive pre-sorted stock. They're not getting anything special. If you can't ever find anything at your local store when you know something is coming out, you're either not checking ahead of time and then being there when their stock is due to show up (as launch wave stock is always lower than refill stock) or you're just not friendly enough with your local staff that they'll hold items for you via a phone call. I work at a call center, so I don't have the "long arm" that you seem to want to paint me as having. Awfully defensive all of a sudden, aren't you?

Quote:
If we could only all be like you then we could post what we have found and say "look at me" then stop posting information about where figures r being released and when they will be released. Someone else will no matter what you do and thankfully not everyone is like you.

lol. If anybody cared where I was then they'd know immediately when certain figures come into my local stores as I almost always chime in on the new wave threads when they first crop up. I finished this round on launch day and wave 2 launch day, both rounds at my local TRU. Unless someone crops up talking about thinking certain figures are out of circulation, after I've finished whatever wave we're on, I'm generally not going to continue checking stock at every store all the time.

Since I've seen pretty much zero posts from you regarding stock locations, figures still being available, etc., you pretty much have no finger to point at me about not being helpful, etc. As defensive as you suddenly are and how little you typically participate on here (unless it's to ask about some hard to get figure), you haven't done anything to dissuade me of my earlier stated opinion.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#172 Posted: 20:51:30 21/10/2013
Bags located...at Walmart, North Oxford MA.
---
skippyrules104 Blue Sparx Gems: 573
#173 Posted: 21:09:50 21/10/2013
I think you can send it in now because the PO Box number for the RattleShake is slightly different than the Fright Rider. I sent in 10 post cards for Fright Rider yesterday and know the po box number by heart. I bet they just won't e-mail you the code until November 3rd.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#174 Posted: 22:03:12 21/10/2013
^ my thoughts exactly.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bam Bam Red Sparx Gems: 10
#175 Posted: 07:15:14 22/10/2013
Look what I found today

http://s1290.photobucket.com/u...html?sort=3&o=0
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#176 Posted: 13:36:47 22/10/2013
For those who have gone out and purchased multiple bags, do all the bags you purchased have the same code?
#177 Posted: 21:10:26 22/10/2013
Mine did.
#178 Posted: 21:36:37 22/10/2013
Quote: stoat2337
Mine did.

Same code that I posted?
---
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#179 Posted: 22:37:19 22/10/2013
Mine did.

Same code that I posted?

ShopRite in central NJ had them. Got two bags and they had the same code. Different code than the one Gooch posted.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#180 Posted: 23:23:52 22/10/2013
whats the website???
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#181 Posted: 22:59:48 23/10/2013
the rattle shake website link on the bag doesn't work...
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#182 Posted: 23:17:12 23/10/2013
It won't until November. You should see this thread explode when it comes around so you have plenty of time.
#183 Posted: 01:50:49 24/10/2013
Mine did.

Same code that I posted?

Yes. Way back at the beginning of this thread, I pointed out that my codes matched the on in the picture that TacoMakerSkies posted to begin the thread.

Quote: minecrafter
whats the website???

www.fritolayholiday.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:03 24/10/2013 by stoat2337
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#184 Posted: 01:58:06 24/10/2013
Where are you guys finding these in Walmart? Are they with the food or on those side caps? All I've found are those darned Frankenstein bags.
#185 Posted: 02:15:43 24/10/2013
Yeah thats where they will be...thats all im finding also...just the frankies. I also dig to make sure they didn't bury one behind the frankies bags.
I to would like to find atlest ONE of these bags. smilie
---
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#186 Posted: 02:52:38 24/10/2013
NY dosen't get ZIP.
#187 Posted: 03:13:32 24/10/2013
NY dosen't get ZIP.

I am from NY and I found these bags here.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#188 Posted: 05:22:02 24/10/2013
NY dosen't get ZIP.

NY dosen't get ZIP.

I am from NY and I found these bags here.

Ill check the island tomorrow and see if they have hit southern NY. Plan to finally hit some stores during my lunch hr and before work starts.
#189 Posted: 10:10:34 24/10/2013
Quote: Diggeh
Where are you guys finding these in Walmart? Are they with the food or on those side caps? All I've found are those darned Frankenstein bags.

Stand alone displays in the main grocery aisle and near the registers.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#190 Posted: 15:43:24 24/10/2013
The picture on post #1 shows the code in a white box (Top/Left), the bag I got had the code stamped on Rattle Shake with no white box on the top/middle of the bag. Has any one seen the same?
nonresponsive Green Sparx Gems: 110
#191 Posted: 23:59:32 24/10/2013
Bags spotted at Vons in SoCal. There were three different codes between the 12 bags I spotted, all different than the code posted earlier. Codes are printed in the middle of the bag (right above the snake gun). No white box on the far left of bag.
nonresponsive Green Sparx Gems: 110
#192 Posted: 00:07:36 25/10/2013
Just a thought - since the code was posted publicly, I'm thinking everyone will be pounding that website trying to win on Nov 3rd. It could get very interesting.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#193 Posted: 00:14:20 25/10/2013
Quote: nonresponsive
Just a thought - since the code was posted publicly, I'm thinking everyone will be pounding that website trying to win on Nov 3rd. It could get very interesting.

There are different codes.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#194 Posted: 00:38:02 25/10/2013
Regional codes ? Still it seems like the point is the same
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#195 Posted: 02:43:51 25/10/2013
Well hopefully somebody from our forum gets one out of it from me posting the one I bought. I am sure that if there are regional codes that they are only used for tracking purposes. For example, all of the codes that I got from post cards in the Fright Rider promotion had NY within it series of letters and numbers and I live in NY. The fact that I posted a code will have no impact on code submissions at the start of the promotion. Please be advised.
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#196 Posted: 04:09:57 25/10/2013
Well hopefully somebody from our forum gets one out of it from me posting the one I bought. I am sure that if there are regional codes that they are only used for tracking purposes. For example, all of the codes that I got from post cards in the Fright Rider promotion had NY within it series of letters and numbers and I live in NY. The fact that I posted a code will have no impact on code submissions at the start of the promotion. Please be advised.

Regional codes is ridiculous! Maybe that's how they are issued, but somebody in California can use a code from NY and somebody from Florida can use a code from Illinois. Frito Lay already dropped the ball with this promotion by having bags with the same codes instead of using unique codes like the Giants sidekicks and Fright Rider promotions. No doubt the site will get bombarded with entries come November 3rd and I'm sure there will be a lot of people whining and complaining within a week of the start of the promotion about how they haven't won despite entering every day. Just like the thousands of other active instant win contests out there on the web, it'll all be a matter of luck on this one.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#197 Posted: 04:28:01 25/10/2013
You mean everyone won't win?

What do they think this is... a contest or something?

smilie
#198 Posted: 04:49:01 25/10/2013
Ha ha...funny UncleBob...ohh ..to funny...*rolling on floor*...laughing to hard...ha ha....ow...the ...pain....please stop...ha ha... smilie

lol...sorry UncleBob...had to do a little sarcasm there, just had to give you a little bit of a hard time there. smilie

I just wish they would start shipping the Hallow's Fright Rider already. smilie
---
#199 Posted: 10:57:07 25/10/2013
I was guessing as to what the difference is with the codes. Not saying if you used a code from NY in FL that it wouldn't work.
The bottom line--IMO--is that I don't understand what will prevent some people that are clearly here-from playing over and over and over. I don't know how fritolay regulates this. People can easily get around many obvious ways that they could use. We will see what happens. Hopefully it's a non issue. But with the bags I bought--I don't feel confident that I'll be able to get one. I'm planning to have to use ebay. I'll try my best but its just a feeling.
Uncle Bob--I totally get your sarcasm here.
---
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#200 Posted: 11:55:20 25/10/2013
These started showing up in Walmarts in central NJ. I have now seen them at ShopRite and Walmart. All of the bags at Walmart last night had the same code and the codes were different than the ones I found at ShopRite. Also, the codes were in different places on the bags. Walmart codes were on stickers on the top right and ShopRite bag codes seemed to be stamped on the bags (no sticker) making them hard to read.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
First | Previous | Page 4 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me