Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#101 Posted: 15:23:22 17/10/2013
Quote: Skylandscaper
Judging by the comments of the members who have already found the bags, I'm glad to see that they will only be claiming one win per bag they bought. This should make it easier for everyone to get one. Obviously, if they used the code for more than that it would be stealing, so they are helping those of us without the bags yet in the long run. Loving the high level of morality in here! Not like the selfish people I see on other sites. Good work, DS! Stay classy.

Not sure if you are being genuine or sarcastic in your comment....
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
#102 Posted: 15:27:42 17/10/2013
Photo of figure from the back of the bag of chips:

http://i1334.photobucket.com/a...zps49a685ef.jpg
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:21 17/10/2013 by TheGooch
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#103 Posted: 16:35:54 17/10/2013
I never get the promo bags in my area. I will gladly pay someone for a bag for just the code. Please pm me if you have a code I will pay the price on one of the bags for it so it is fair. I'm not out to order 5000 I just want one.
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#104 Posted: 17:53:45 17/10/2013
Bear in mind this may not be the only way to get him. Last year they did this with Hot Head, and he came out mass release.
#105 Posted: 18:01:31 17/10/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Bear in mind this may not be the only way to get him. Last year they did this with Hot Head, and he came out mass release.

That was a basic figure though, this is an in-game variant. I didn't catch the Hot Head release but in am pretty sure there was nothing "special" about it right?
---
#106 Posted: 18:28:46 17/10/2013
Quote: TheGooch

That was a basic figure though, this is an in-game variant. I didn't catch the Hot Head release but in am pretty sure there was nothing "special" about it right?

Just because that was for a regular Hot Head doesn't mean this contest will be different in any way from last year's, so don't panic about it yet. The sidekicks weren't. In fact, it would kind of dumb of them not to give this figure a wider release, given how many million people play this game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:29:56 17/10/2013 by SSj3 Derek
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#107 Posted: 19:42:09 17/10/2013

I think you are right as the bag says "exclusive*" with a * after it if you then read the fine print for the * it says it is exclusive till 12/31/2013. So he may be out else where next year, but then again he might not. But I'm betting on him being the next gnarly tree rex. where he come out only very limited way at first then is shipped out in mass stock later.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#108 Posted: 19:42:21 17/10/2013
Welcome back Derek, Haven't seen you post in awhile
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#109 Posted: 22:21:20 17/10/2013
I hope its not exclusive to frito lay because I never get the promo bags in my area. I've had to use ebay for all of them because the amount of people that post they found bags but not want to help others on this site far outweighs the amount of people actually willing to help you get one. Probably by 1000 to 1. We all want 100% Completion and this is where activision drops the ball by selecting who gets variants and who doesnt. Someone in my area must have ticked them off.
#110 Posted: 22:46:43 17/10/2013
Quote: DrillSarge
I hope its not exclusive to frito lay because I never get the promo bags in my area. I've had to use ebay for all of them because the amount of people that post they found bags but not want to help others on this site far outweighs the amount of people actually willing to help you get one. Probably by 1000 to 1. We all want 100% Completion and this is where activision drops the ball by selecting who gets variants and who doesnt. Someone in my area must have ticked them off.

They always have a way to mail in for a free code, just keep checking here and someone will post the address.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#111 Posted: 23:28:28 17/10/2013

We live in the same area and I've found all currently and previously released Skylanders bags in our area. Granted, my wife only just found the Fright Rider bags at Kroger while picking up a few things for dinner, but to say that we never get them is flat out wrong. Every grocery chain in our region (Food City, Food Country, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) got both varieties of each wave of sidekicks bags during each promotion period.

There are also folks on here that are happy to help out if you PM them. If you haven't managed to get any bags or codes at this point, I'm not certain you're looking hard enough.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#112 Posted: 00:43:07 18/10/2013
Quote: darkchylde28

We live in the same area and I've found all currently and previously released Skylanders bags in our area. Granted, my wife only just found the Fright Rider bags at Kroger while picking up a few things for dinner, but to say that we never get them is flat out wrong. Every grocery chain in our region (Food City, Food Country, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) got both varieties of each wave of sidekicks bags during each promotion period.

There are also folks on here that are happy to help out if you PM them. If you haven't managed to get any bags or codes at this point, I'm not certain you're looking hard enough.

-Doug

Not all regions have the same stores. I was one of the only people to find flocked stumpy bags in April of 2012...we all got them by sharing the public phone number that was on the OUTSIDE of the bag. Posting it on here, didn't hurt anyone's chances...if they all have the same code on the outside, it's no different than a toll free phone number. Frankly, if they "require" a purchase...it shouldn't be placed on the outside of the package.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#113 Posted: 00:45:52 18/10/2013

The only "difference" (If you would even call it one) is the fact that he was positioned slightly different in the packaging (And his paint job isn't as garbage as the common ones).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#114 Posted: 02:24:24 18/10/2013
Is there going to be a way to get him normally?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#115 Posted: 02:31:35 18/10/2013
So if I'm getting this right...it's one winner every 15 minutes. With the other promos each "unique" code (that was made to seem as if it were a "chance") was a winner. In this promo, it seems like we are going to actually need to invest some time into trying to win. That's why one code blanketing the entire promo is no big deal to them...it's the timing. Not everyone is going to be a winner...so those of you hoarding the info, it isn't going to guarantee a win...you'll need to have that "perfect" timing. This site is meant for us to help each other out...I don't see that happening here. If I find them...I'll share the info....it's just an access code to enter the promo, no need to be safe guarding a code that's on the outside of the package, lol. Funny how greed brings out the worst in some people.
---
#116 Posted: 02:41:21 18/10/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

They always have a way to mail in for a free code, just keep checking here and someone will post the address.

You guys must have missed this earlier post....

Just got a bag this morning. Same code in front for the 3 that I found. I does mention on back, just like wit the Fright Rider figure, that you can mail away to get a free game piece. Even gives the address in which you can send it. On a 3 X 5 card include Full Name, Address and email address to be received by 12/30/13.

Address to send 3 X 5 card: 2013 Frito-Lay/Skylanders Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game Code Request
PO Box 760017 Dept. 882-702
El Paso, TX 88576-0017

Game codes will be emailed. Limit one play per game code. Limit one play per day per person/email address. Prizes (5,664)

Says nothing about household limit. Starts 11/03/13. www.fritolayholiday.com
---
#117 Posted: 02:43:18 18/10/2013
Quote: Postalgoddess
So if I'm getting this right...it's one winner every 15 minutes. With the other promos each "unique" code (that was made to seem as if it were a "chance") was a winner. In this promo, it seems like we are going to actually need to invest some time into trying to win. That's why one code blanketing the entire promo is no big deal to them...it's the timing. Not everyone is going to be a winner...so those of you hoarding the info, it isn't going to guarantee a win...you'll need to have that "perfect" timing. This site is meant for us to help each other out...I don't see that happening here. If I find them...I'll share the info....it's just an access code to enter the promo, no need to be safe guarding a code that's on the outside of the package, lol. Funny how greed brings out the worst in some people.

This 100%. I mean if I found the code I would post it.
---
Kickstarter:
#118 Posted: 03:02:50 18/10/2013
Alright Postalgoddess I hear what you had to say. Let this fall where it will but I will offer up the code. Here is what I ask in return: Perhaps if some lucky individual wins 2...3....25 and wants to feel generous enough to share one of them with me provided I am not a winner then I would be eternally grateful. I would of course pay for the shipping. I understand that obviously nobody is obligated to to do this but if I believe in anything it is Karma. Do a good thing and most likely something good will come your way. I would only be looking for one, maybe two as I like to open one and keep one in it's package.

Code: 1NP22800517

BTW I am not a greedy person. I was only hoping to ensure that I got one before I went and shared the code with everyone.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:54:01 19/10/2013 by TheGooch
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#119 Posted: 03:43:12 18/10/2013
Alright Postalgoddess I hear what you had to say. Let this fall where it will but I will offer up the code. Here is what I ask in return: Perhaps if some lucky individual wins 2...3....25 and wants to feel generous enough to share one of them with me provided I am not a winner then I would be eternally grateful. I would of course pay for the shipping. I understand that obviously nobody is obligated to to do this but if I believe in anything it is Karma. Do a good thing and most likely something good will come your way. I would only be looking for one, maybe two as I like to open one and keep one in it's package.

BTW I am not a greedy person. I was only hoping to ensure that I got one before I went and shared the code with everyone.

Thank you, Gooch. If I get more than one and you don't get any, you can HAVE one, no shipping cost.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#120 Posted: 03:49:42 18/10/2013
Quote: Kesrael

Thank you, Gooch. If I get more than one and you don't get any, you can HAVE one, no shipping cost.

I appreciate that Kesrael. I hope we both win! I didn't care how the Fright Rider promotion was executed as I have still yet to see any of those chip bags around my area. Not fun for people trying to complete collections...
---
#121 Posted: 09:01:30 18/10/2013

That was nice of you...and I understand why you "didn't want" to share it. I'm glad you agree that ALL of us are going to need the max number of opportunities, to enter once a day until we win. I don't believe anyone will be winning 2,4, or even 10 of these...and just like helping with the code, I'm sure a lot of people (if able to win multiple times) would help others out too! Sorry, for saying you were being greedy, but nothing I had to say was aimed at any one person...those were just my feelings on it, as a general statement.
---
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#122 Posted: 11:05:41 18/10/2013
My two cents: I believe I was the first to find these bags in the wild. I was prepared to post the code, but I was asked by the Moderators to refrain so that we did not give aid to any scalpers. I did give out the code to a few people that PM'd me, but I received so many requests, I got sick of responding (sorry to those I did not respond to). If that is greed, please accept my apologies.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#123 Posted: 12:04:48 18/10/2013
I think you have been very gracious. I also think that for people to get angry is a little entitled. We all want these figures...and id guess we all get frustrated when we can't find the bags in our are and when we hear stories about people get 100's of the figures. Taking advantage of the system ruins it for all. That is something we need to take up with fritolay. Not a few lucky members on the forum. Let's be nice and try to work out a way to try and change this problem. Should we write a letter to fritolay and activision and all aign it? Maybe we could suggest ways to make this available to all that would be advantageous for all involved? How about suggesting if by a certain point of the contest that we cannot find bags...that they allow us to buy the codes...including chip price? Maybe they allow us to buy however many they have decided is their household minimum? I'd happily do that. Maybe its unlikely to work...but it's worth a shot. Maybe we pick a time and everybody calls thw 800 number to suggest this at the same time? Just an idea.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#124 Posted: 13:27:05 18/10/2013
Dear Mr. Awesome Gooch, thank you very much. If you don't get him, pm me. I was hoping to get a second or third for kids in the family.

I will be buying chips if/when they get here (never got Pumpkin FR here), and try to remember to share codes then too.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#125 Posted: 13:37:01 18/10/2013
I don't think its going to matter to scalpers if they get the code here or if they read this thread and then get the code off the bag the next time they go shopping. They will get it one way or the other. Game of chance, their odds are the same as ours.

Thanks for the code.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#126 Posted: 14:01:13 18/10/2013
"May the odds be ever in your favor."
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
the48thronin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#127 Posted: 14:11:36 18/10/2013
Is there a limit per household? That will help keep scalpers at bay if it's 1/per.
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#128 Posted: 14:19:57 18/10/2013
Quote: the48thronin
Is there a limit per household? That will help keep scalpers at bay if it's 1/per.

No it won't. Take a look at the guy who managed to get 48 Fright Riders.
#129 Posted: 15:31:02 18/10/2013
Scalpers are going to get the code whether it is from me, another site or just finding the bags with the codes. If I helped one person (non scalper) on this site get one that didn't have access then I am happy. It is inexcusable for Frito-Lay to run a promotion that has a code on the outside of the bag. They know the how desirable the figures are and they have turned this one into a free for all. No purchase necessary, no index card needed to send in for a free piece....nothing. Anyone who catches on to this isn't going to buy a bag. I at least bought one bag....and that gives me opportunity to play once a day from the start of the promo until the end. Gimme a break! You are welcome to those that appreciate the code. And thank you to those that have offered me your help in return. That is what this site should be all about.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:58 18/10/2013 by TheGooch
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#130 Posted: 16:54:18 18/10/2013
Thanks Gooch. If I'm lucky enough to win two figures and get them both, I will offer one to you if you didn't already get one. And if you did, I will offer it to friends here that have helped me out if they didn't get one.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#131 Posted: 17:26:48 18/10/2013
Very kind of you TheGooch...because there are those that still haven't found the Hallow's Fright Rider bags....(i found them and bought 2 bags..1 for me an the other for my brother)
Also i agree...that was completely idiotic for Frito-Lay to put the codes on the outside of the bag...and making it a single universal code.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#132 Posted: 17:54:13 18/10/2013
Maybe the post should be edited, with the spoiler thing covering it...??? Let's make scalpers work for it?
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#133 Posted: 18:12:47 18/10/2013
By posting this, you have broken the rules of the contest, and this could possibly be punishable.

Not to mention the fact that now anyone can get as many as possible. Great, expect over 100 to appear on eBay within the first 3 weeks of the contest.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Dxtra30 Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#134 Posted: 18:25:36 18/10/2013
I can't go the code to work. Is it missing some letters or numbers?
#135 Posted: 18:41:34 18/10/2013
Quote: Dxtra30
I can't go the code to work. Is it missing some letters or numbers?

The site is not up yet, it does not start until 11/3/2013
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#136 Posted: 18:52:09 18/10/2013
Quote: Matteomax
By posting this, you have broken the rules of the contest, and this could possibly be punishable.

Not to mention the fact that now anyone can get as many as possible. Great, expect over 100 to appear on eBay within the first 3 weeks of the contest.

And what exactly are those contest rules that he has broken?
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
ForceSwap Green Sparx Gems: 289
#137 Posted: 19:13:47 18/10/2013

*Laugh*...........................................................................................................................................*end laugh*

Punishable by who? The Frito-Lay Police? Their rules?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:38 18/10/2013 by ForceSwap
#138 Posted: 19:31:38 18/10/2013

Get over it Matteomax. Nobody is going to get into trouble. Besides, your endless budget can afford to shop eBay for figures. Some of the others on this forum don't have that luxury. Seriously, that had to be the most pathetic whine I have ever heard in my life. No wonder there is so much disdain towards some of the mods.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:20 18/10/2013 by TheGooch
#139 Posted: 19:37:45 18/10/2013
Further more Mr. Matteo. What rules are you quoting from exactly? The website for the rules that you are directed towards on the bag of chips isn't even up yet. Where did you get your info from? Family Gamer TV? Your Chinese source that pulled figures for you off the assembly line and sold them in advance of Swap Force's release? Pray tell?
---
#140 Posted: 19:50:57 18/10/2013
As a follow up. Who is to say the mods aren't the one that are the scalpers on here? Maybe it isn't just the silent lurkers. Maybe it isn't just the "low gem" forum members. Could it be the mods? They have a lot of the sources of information that us casual members don't have. Who is to say all the mods aren't sitting in a room together laughing at all us common folk? Okay, I am probably going into tin foil hat territory...but I think you all know what I am getting at.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#141 Posted: 21:09:01 18/10/2013

Thanks Matteomax, I needed a good laugh. You telling someone they broke the rules, man thats just ironic...
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#142 Posted: 21:09:25 18/10/2013
As a follow up. Who is to say the mods aren't the one that are the scalpers on here? Maybe it isn't just the silent lurkers. Maybe it isn't just the "low gem" forum members. Could it be the mods? They have a lot of the sources of information that us casual members don't have. Who is to say all the mods aren't sitting in a room together laughing at all us common folk? Okay, I am probably going into tin foil hat territory...but I think you all know what I am getting at.

LOL maybe they can add a tin foil hat in skylanders 4? And thinks for the code, If I win 2 (and get 2) you can have 1. (the reason I said if I get 2 is because I won 10 of the flocked stump smash's, and was going to help people out that did not get them but only ever got 1 of them sent to me.)
---
Kickstarter:
#143 Posted: 22:59:24 18/10/2013
I personally suspect Quickdraw Rattle Shake will be available in stores sometime next year. The bags say exclusive through the end of the year, and Frito-Lay would have had to pay Activision enough money to offset the sales loss from what are probably hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of figure sales to keep it exclusive to their contest only, and I just don't see that happening. Having a contest now, and then releasing it next year is a win/win - it drums up publicity for the figure release later, and increases chip sales. I'm not saying don't try to win one mind you, I know I will, because, well, I'm very impatient. smilie I'm just saying don't panic or run to ebay if you don't win.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:01 18/10/2013 by SSj3 Derek
#144 Posted: 23:18:23 18/10/2013
I personally suspect Quickdraw Rattle Shake will be available in stores sometime next year. The bags say exclusive through the end of the year, and Frito-Lay would have had to pay Activision enough money to offset the sales loss from what are probably hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of figure sales to keep it exclusive to their contest only, and I just don't see that happening. Having a contest now, and then releasing it next year is a win/win - it drums up publicity for the figure release later, and increases chip sales. I'm not saying don't try to win one mind you, I know I will, because, well, I'm very impatient. smilie I'm just saying don't panic or run to ebay if you don't win.

This is exactly what I think, but I want to win one as who knows what Activision has in plan (the never released target exclusive dark spyro single pack). I think they have it planed to release a single pack, but I don't want to risk not getting one.
---
Kickstarter:
#145 Posted: 23:26:15 18/10/2013
I like free more than $14.99 too!
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#146 Posted: 23:47:39 18/10/2013
^here here!....i like free to....since i don't have tons of cash like some others on here. smilie
But all i want is ONE...not almost 100 like some other person on here. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#147 Posted: 00:51:02 19/10/2013
I'd like to have one or two. Imagine all the collection completions we could get if every member here could trade and post what they needed, (besides the signature stuff). In other words, if some people got the Fright Rider, but not the Rattle Shake and vise versa, people could swap one for the other and a lot of this worry over "will I get a code ?" or "will there be enough figures?"would not be necessary.
Jus' sayin'
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#148 Posted: 01:14:08 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator

I think we all know what Mod we're thinking of.
---
words. letters. filler.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#149 Posted: 01:40:21 19/10/2013
Can someone post the code again? i lost it smilie
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#150 Posted: 01:49:40 19/10/2013
It's a few posts up smilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me