Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 24
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#1151 Posted: 20:53:24 30/12/2013
I don't know you people do it I have paled this thing 4 times a day since the start and I haven't win yet. I felt so bad because my daughter was just asking me if I won her one yet just yesterday biggest disappointed look in her face when I had to tell her no. Fingers crossed 1 more day to go
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#1152 Posted: 21:37:09 30/12/2013
Quote: Mage0069
I don't know you people do it I have paled this thing 4 times a day since the start and I haven't win yet. I felt so bad because my daughter was just asking me if I won her one yet just yesterday biggest disappointed look in her face when I had to tell her no. Fingers crossed 1 more day to go


You're not alone. No luck for me either and I've been rotating through every conceivable combination of "." in my gmail account. No wins at all. smilie
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1153 Posted: 22:09:07 30/12/2013
Quote: artican
@tigerdr great job sir i commend you for helping others, i to have been helping some on here with one of these, but was reluctant to say i was because of some people on here will drag you threw the dirt about it. I want say how many i have won for others but lets just say it was quite a few. As far i someone saying i must not have a life because i can sit and win 1 or 2 in a sitting, I say to that I am lucky to have a wife that works very hard and allows me to stay home and be a Mr. Mom to our 2 kids. I worked hard during my 25 years of working and now my diabetes will not allow me to do much but sit at home and clean house, watch the kids and cook and if during that time I want to sit back and try and win one for someone that needs help with one that is my choice to do so. Again I commend all that has helped someone with this promotion.


I'm trying as there's atleast 3 people in my messages at the moment and my hands hurt from typing and I still have to go to the gym for the day. I actually have time off from work which is why I sat down to do this. Seeing how someone is greedy enough to sell 14 of them for their own profit annoys me. For the person that is a bit upset at me look closely. I'm just like anyone else doing it, just I ask on the info and I work on their behalf. I get NONE of these that are won, remember that. It seems to me those that probably have had the hardest luck that it wants to let them win easily from what I have found.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1154 Posted: 22:16:05 30/12/2013
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: artican
@tigerdr great job sir i commend you for helping others, i to have been helping some on here with one of these, but was reluctant to say i was because of some people on here will drag you threw the dirt about it. I want say how many i have won for others but lets just say it was quite a few. As far i someone saying i must not have a life because i can sit and win 1 or 2 in a sitting, I say to that I am lucky to have a wife that works very hard and allows me to stay home and be a Mr. Mom to our 2 kids. I worked hard during my 25 years of working and now my diabetes will not allow me to do much but sit at home and clean house, watch the kids and cook and if during that time I want to sit back and try and win one for someone that needs help with one that is my choice to do so. Again I commend all that has helped someone with this promotion.


I'm trying as there's atleast 3 people in my messages at the moment and my hands hurt from typing and I still have to go to the gym for the day. I actually have time off from work which is why I sat down to do this. Seeing how someone is greedy enough to sell 14 of them for their own profit annoys me. For the person that is a bit upset at me look closely. I'm just like anyone else doing it, just I ask on the info and I work on their behalf. I get NONE of these that are won, remember that. It seems to me those that probably have had the hardest luck that it wants to let them win easily from what I have found.



Ditto.... none of the ones i have helped anyone wins come to me directly they are going straight to the person i am helping
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1155 Posted: 23:42:52 30/12/2013
Quote: Donatron
I didn't bother with this contest because I'm not a fan of chase figures; I like having only one version of each character. But I think it's awesome that a lot of you guys are taking the time to help others win. Given the amount of effort/chance it takes to win one, not too many communities would do the same.


You're all set now buddy, as you are a winnar lol
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#1156 Posted: 00:00:19 31/12/2013
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: Donatron
I didn't bother with this contest because I'm not a fan of chase figures; I like having only one version of each character. But I think it's awesome that a lot of you guys are taking the time to help others win. Given the amount of effort/chance it takes to win one, not too many communities would do the same.


You're all set now buddy, as you are a winnar lol


I already thanked you in a PM, but I felt a public thank you was deserved as well. I know it took quite a bit of effort to win, so I really can't thank you enough. And the fact that I'm the third person you did this for today is amazing. My nephew is going to go crazy when I give it to him. smilie
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#1157 Posted: 01:35:59 31/12/2013
Still no luck for me. If anyone can help me get one I would really appreciate it. Just send me a PM. Anyways, this is my final hopes at getting one. I have literally tried over 100 times.....smilie
Matteomax Hunter Gems: 4655
#1158 Posted: 02:33:58 31/12/2013
Sent you a message. Might be able to help.
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#1159 Posted: 06:29:01 31/12/2013
Is there any way to bypass the age gate page? That would sure speed up attempts. Although at this point I've just about given up - only one day left too.
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1160 Posted: 07:06:32 31/12/2013
nope no way that i know of sorry
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#1161 Posted: 10:23:52 31/12/2013
Well if anyone feels like trying to get me one of these Rattle Shakes, I have a couple of variants that we could potentially work out a swap for. I've got a flocked Stump Smash, Giants Golden Flameslinger and Molten Hot Dog.

Although the more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm wanting to skip these variants and get rid of my current variants. So I guess I'd almost rather have a regular Rattle Shake... Hah.
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:30:04 31/12/2013 by AchillesPDX
CepheusXVI Blue Sparx Gems: 521
#1162 Posted: 11:13:58 31/12/2013
In the same boat as a lot of folks. Been trying with my five legit emails for the last month with no luck. I'll gladly take any help offered. Nothing particularly valuable to trade for, sadly. Just a Golden Flameslinger, GITD Sonic Boom and LC Hex. Suppose something else could be worked out. After looking at all the eBay auctions, and seeing some especially greedy people, I'd rather pay someone on here than give my money to any of them.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:17:45 31/12/2013 by CepheusXVI
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#1163 Posted: 21:04:52 31/12/2013
Well I've been trying since Day 1 with at least 12 different emails per day and still no luck. Here's to hoping he winds up available in store. Congrats to everyone who won! smilie
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1164 Posted: 21:32:57 31/12/2013
Quote: Mage0069
I don't know you people do it I have paled this thing 4 times a day since the start and I haven't win yet. I felt so bad because my daughter was just asking me if I won her one yet just yesterday biggest disappointed look in her face when I had to tell her no. Fingers crossed 1 more day to go



I was able to help you...BUT I put in the wrong zip code. Funny thing about these things is they lock it in on winning so you get screwed if you put in the incorrect one. Though I have the other info I used of yours and the code to which I can give you later. Been trying to win one with the correct zip just in case. I blame trying so very early today and been doing so today for the whole time x.x
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1165 Posted: 22:26:06 31/12/2013
when you put in the wrong zip and win just exit out of the registration page without entering any info then wait for a email it will have a link to goto that ask you to put in the email address you used then when the next page comes up you then put all the info in it allows to put in a different zipcode. been there done that.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1166 Posted: 22:48:22 31/12/2013
Crisis averted anyway as of 5:46 pm est there's another winnar @mage0069

Edit: Quote: AchillesPDX


You're not alone. No luck for me either and I've been rotating through every conceivable combination of "." in my gmail account. No wins at all. smilie


I sent you a pm for info as I think you'll be the last one I'll try to help for this. It's just taken too much out of me to do so beyond that.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:32 31/12/2013 by tigerdr
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1167 Posted: 23:38:58 31/12/2013
yea me too i took on 2 more to try and help but seems to be even harder to get that winner screen, said i was not going to do anymore but they pleaded with me so i did what can i say i have a soft spot for children and the ladies.


Edit: yea just knocked 1 of the 2 out myself, so now just one more if i can and then that is all i can do I have also helped a lot of members and this is very time consuming and frustrating sometimes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:18 01/01/2014 by artican
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1168 Posted: 23:43:43 31/12/2013
I saw the screen only twice early in the morning and then that one about an hour ago. I sent a pm to that one person I said to as I think that would be the only other person I could help for now honestly. It took me all day to get to the other one x.x

Edit: So far they haven't sent me a message back so they might have got off for now. I'm giving them about another half hour and then I'm not going to worry anymore on the contest. I've helped quite a few people get theirs and I'm sure the scalpers are probably seething at that. Lost profit hehe.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:59 01/01/2014 by tigerdr
echomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#1169 Posted: 01:58:51 01/01/2014
Yea the only one I got was thanks to helpful member LordRaidor. I've tried to win for my nephews but it just didn't work.
---
All basic figures from first 4 games and I've stopped counting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:38 01/01/2014 by echomancer
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1170 Posted: 02:17:17 01/01/2014
I tried tons can somebody help it would be awesome please pm me thanks
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1171 Posted: 06:10:26 01/01/2014
Looks like the promo's done and all locked up
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1172 Posted: 06:13:17 01/01/2014
And it is over "THE END"

[User Posted Image]
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1173 Posted: 12:45:04 01/01/2014
You can still call the number though as they are doing their best to make sure everyone gets their quickdraws
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Thunder_Cracker Blue Sparx Gems: 811
#1174 Posted: 15:34:49 01/01/2014
What number? What do you tell them?
Matteomax Hunter Gems: 4655
#1175 Posted: 16:07:41 01/01/2014
And the world's worst contest award goes to..
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#1176 Posted: 19:43:32 01/01/2014
I'll tell you what really sucks... I finally won one, just got him in the mail.... and he's broken!!!!!! smilie The stupid figure is actually cracked. Factory mess up? They owe me a new one!
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3288
#1177 Posted: 19:50:18 01/01/2014
Call Acti and tell them or email they will help you out.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#1178 Posted: 20:11:00 01/01/2014
I wouldn't say this was the worst contest ever. More like... It is different from the Fright Rider contest. The only place I saw Fright Rider bags were in TRU when Swap Force was released. Although he was easier to win. The Rattle Shake bags were everywhere but harder to win. I think this contest went a little more like they wanted to Fright Rider contest to go.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1179 Posted: 20:30:01 01/01/2014
Quote: Bazinga
I wouldn't say this was the worst contest ever. More like... It is different from the Fright Rider contest. The only place I saw Fright Rider bags were in TRU when Swap Force was released. Although he was easier to win. The Rattle Shake bags were everywhere but harder to win. I think this contest went a little more like they wanted to Fright Rider contest to go.



That seems about right for it. There should be plenty of bags but the chances of winning are lower. I liked the fact of the nearly endless use of codes which did make it more compelling to play. Not to try and win tons, but it does give you an easier time if you do put in the work for it.

Quote: Thunder_Cracker
What number? What do you tell them?


Only if you won I was referring to. You aren't going to get a quickdraw if you never reached the winner page during the contest, Sorry
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:29 01/01/2014 by tigerdr
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1180 Posted: 20:43:19 01/01/2014
Yea the number is just for if you won to confirm that it is in the system and when did It ship out.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1181 Posted: 20:57:07 01/01/2014
Quote: thunder1648
Well I guess there is quite a few helping out. That is great. I know at the beginning of this thread there was so much reluctance to help each other with getting this figure. Glad to see so many trying to help each other. With the final few days upon us, I hope that the ones that haven't been able to get any are able to win one. I unfortunately have been unable to. I will continue to try as well to the deadline with hopes of winning one but if not then I want to thank the ones that are helping others get one instead of selling them on ebay.



I felt to answer this one now since the contest came to a close. The reason on the reluctance to help so early was two fold. People should have to work at it themselves first instead of getting it easy. If you didn't buy bags and just got a code handed to you it's not fair to those or even the company providing the contest who paid to actually be able to play. That is unless people sent away for codes.

Pumpkin Fright Rider I was hoping to see more of but those bags were too scarce and the fact they were rolling about 3 promos together in a short time (sidekicks, pfr and qdr) makes it all that more difficult for areas to get certain things. Some got little quickdraw bags while others got more fright rider ones.

Some people helped openly with codes which I think was a bad thing as thats how you could possibly get someone who won the 14+ on ebay and is selling all of them. remember that in how you help people. If it's done privately it's fine, but with the internet it's too broad publicly. I hope for contests like this in the future if they do more that more can win without needing assistance or it's not too expensive for them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Theo Blue Sparx Gems: 573
#1182 Posted: 21:48:18 01/01/2014
Well, won two Fright Rider, 0 of the swap force guy though. Sent my old Fright Rider to a friend for his kid who had none, sent one of the contest ones to a friend of mine in California who never found the bags, and my second Halloween Fright Rider is open on my portal. At least I won one contest for once! Too bad the second wasn't as nice to me, but that's how it works.
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#1183 Posted: 15:02:07 02/01/2014
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: thunder1648
Well I guess there is quite a few helping out. That is great. I know at the beginning of this thread there was so much reluctance to help each other with getting this figure. Glad to see so many trying to help each other. With the final few days upon us, I hope that the ones that haven't been able to get any are able to win one. I unfortunately have been unable to. I will continue to try as well to the deadline with hopes of winning one but if not then I want to thank the ones that are helping others get one instead of selling them on ebay.



I felt to answer this one now since the contest came to a close. The reason on the reluctance to help so early was two fold. People should have to work at it themselves first instead of getting it easy. If you didn't buy bags and just got a code handed to you it's not fair to those or even the company providing the contest who paid to actually be able to play. That is unless people sent away for codes.

Pumpkin Fright Rider I was hoping to see more of but those bags were too scarce and the fact they were rolling about 3 promos together in a short time (sidekicks, pfr and qdr) makes it all that more difficult for areas to get certain things. Some got little quickdraw bags while others got more fright rider ones.

Some people helped openly with codes which I think was a bad thing as thats how you could possibly get someone who won the 14+ on ebay and is selling all of them. remember that in how you help people. If it's done privately it's fine, but with the internet it's too broad publicly. I hope for contests like this in the future if they do more that more can win without needing assistance or it's not too expensive for them.



No wasn't saying not to try. Was meaning more on the talks going on before the contest started. I understand why but until they found out the proper way the contest was running it was very hush, hush. I just like how it ended with each other helping to try and make for everyone in the community being able to get one.
echomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#1184 Posted: 17:03:15 02/01/2014
Well I called today and found out that mine had been shipped on the the 27th so hopefully if nothing is horribly delayed I'll get to him sometime next week.
---
All basic figures from first 4 games and I've stopped counting.
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#1185 Posted: 18:29:44 02/01/2014
I got one that a board member helped me get and then later on I won a second one for my second kid. I got one just before Christmas and am hoping I will get the second one. I wonder how I could tell when the one I got was won.....got to call them.
fuelbizkit Blue Sparx Gems: 890
#1186 Posted: 20:46:02 02/01/2014
I had the 2 that I won sent to my office and they were delivered during the Christmas break. Nice little surprise to see two boxes sitting on my desk. I'm happy and my sister will be too!
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#1187 Posted: 21:25:41 02/01/2014 | Topic Creator
To those receiving their prizes, when did you win yours?
---
lmao just close your eyes
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1188 Posted: 21:30:33 02/01/2014
Posted this in another thread before I saw this one:

Well, I kept trying to win... but to no avail. I've been trying to find confirmation that Quickdraw will go to retail eventually but haven't found it. As much as I hate Skylander scalpers and all the people who have exploited this contest while people like myself have tried for months to win ONCE, I caved in today and just bought one off eBay. I got paranoid that it might never see retail. We don't know 100% one way or the other.

I ended up paying $50 for it on eBay. In my searching, I found a guy 2 hours drive away from me selling Quickdraws on craigslist for $40. I texted him. He doesn't have them all in-hand yet, but he has received 4 of his "winnings" and has 22 more on the way...

This contest sucked big time. If they are going to sell them at retail at some point, I feel like they should have made an announcement about it as soon as it was realized that people were taking advantage of the contest by winning 10, 20, 30+ all for a single household / scalper.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#1189 Posted: 21:34:23 02/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: samuraituretsky
Posted this in another thread before I saw this one:

Well, I kept trying to win... but to no avail. I've been trying to find confirmation that Quickdraw will go to retail eventually but haven't found it. As much as I hate Skylander scalpers and all the people who have exploited this contest while people like myself have tried for months to win ONCE, I caved in today and just bought one off eBay. I got paranoid that it might never see retail. We don't know 100% one way or the other.

I ended up paying $50 for it on eBay. In my searching, I found a guy 2 hours drive away from me selling Quickdraws on craigslist for $40. I texted him. He doesn't have them all in-hand yet, but he has received 4 of his "winnings" and has 22 more on the way...

This contest sucked big time. If they are going to sell them at retail at some point, I feel like they should have made an announcement about it as soon as it was realized that people were taking advantage of the contest by winning 10, 20, 30+ all for a single household / scalper.



What the heck? 22 more?!
---
lmao just close your eyes
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4017
#1190 Posted: 22:18:45 02/01/2014
Depending on if he sent those to other addresses or not, those four may be all he is going to receive. It sounds ... interesting, that the number he has gotten so far seems to be exactly the maximum number that are allowed at a single address. Some people really are that dumb.

I hope they go back to the card in the bag type entry instead of this random winner thing in the future. At least then people will have to put out for the cost of a bag of chips in order to get the reward and it gets rid of these frustrations and mail in for code crap (they don't have to offer a "free" entry option for a mail in offer, only for "contest" type things). I don't see why the whole sidekicks order process wasn't working out for Frito Lay, they didn't have to spring for shipping or have all these freeloader scalpers stocking up.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1191 Posted: 22:47:09 02/01/2014
It makes sense because the first 4 won would likely be sent to home address and then he/she would start using other addresses. Therefore it would take longer for others to arrive~~because they were won later
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:58 02/01/2014 by shelly9871
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4017
#1192 Posted: 23:06:43 02/01/2014
Possibly. However, this contest was a scalper's paradise. There was no cost as a barrier to entry, simply being able to dedicate the time towards entering over and over. By having to buy the chips and pay for shipping/handling, it would put a dent in their ability to obtain so many at no cost and also improve the odds of others by them being able to know that if they bought a bag and made the entry, they get their prize. I'm all for them doing it to generate excitement, I just don't think they really thought about the impact scalpers would make to it at all.

I, like many others too had to go to extra lengths and repeated entries to get one. I would have been happy to buy a bag, put in the entry once, pay for shipping and wait for it to arrive.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1193 Posted: 23:42:55 02/01/2014
Quote: defpally
Depending on if he sent those to other addresses or not, those four may be all he is going to receive. It sounds ... interesting, that the number he has gotten so far seems to be exactly the maximum number that are allowed at a single address. Some people really are that dumb.


Well, he (or she I guess... not really sure now that I think about it) said something about of the 22 still coming, the last 4 of them they were not sure they'd receive because they used the same address as the first 4 just with different spellings. I guess the other 18 were entered as different addresses.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:38 02/01/2014 by samuraituretsky
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#1194 Posted: 21:56:41 07/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Just received both my Quick Draw Rattle Shakes!
---
lmao just close your eyes
mxzx800ho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1101
#1195 Posted: 13:14:32 08/01/2014
Got two of my 4 I won. Still waiting for last 2
---
I have Frightrider and Rattle shake Fritolay figures for trade for rares
deantjeep Green Sparx Gems: 403
#1196 Posted: 18:33:56 08/01/2014
Received 3 of 4 so far.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 24
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me