Page 1 of 1
Good Times... [CLOSED]
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 12:21:22 13/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I have good times with this but everyone is moving on to Swap Force and now that the main Giants topic is closed it is official...
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 12:55:14 13/10/2013
agreed

rip
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 16:47:58 13/10/2013
Bye bye Giants, hello Swap force.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#4 Posted: 17:17:52 13/10/2013
Goodnight, sweet prince.
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#5 Posted: 23:32:47 13/10/2013
Good bye, except I'mma still play you until Christmas!
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 15:51:29 14/10/2013
Don't really miss Giants, it was too slogged out. smilieStraight to the point! Zing. Giants had too many issues for me to return for more consistently, most of my time was just Heroics. It did have a lot of (subtle) improvements, but just felt like an expansion pack rather than sequel. The one-year development time shows.

But I do really miss the constant hunting for info I had with this game. smilie I avoided as many spoilers as I could make myself for SWAP Force, so that part of it didn't happen this time. I'll probably avoid looking at anything except Toy Fair and maybe E3 news for the next game if it sounds interesting, since I want Skylanders to surprise me like SA's characters did again where I had no idea of what anyone did.

I'll miss Giants, although I'm also glad it's over because I felt like it was much worse than SA

...aaaaaaannnd hopefully the games can get on-track again with a constant 2-year development cycle. Already, SWAP Force seems to have improved the level design- Mount Cloudbreak is better than pretty much every Giants level besides Troll Home and Oracle, IMO. Seriously, the puzzles in Giants were just unbearably everywhere... It's much better than how it was in Giants, so I'm already really glad about that! It seems to be a welcome reform to level design on par with SSA. The puzzles are there, but they aren't nearly as intrusive, and there's more combat more often again. Plus- not just that, but SF levels have something more over SA, they're deeper and have more variety.

Just wish more figure customisation was returning, sigh. It's what will make or break SF for me. That's what I'll miss most about Giants- it marks the end of Heroics, which were the meat of my play time and just gave me more connection with each toy. I feel like I will have very little to do on each Skylander now- no matter how much is in the game... There was plenty I wanted to do in Infinity, a great game, but the toys added little besides more $$$ and space spent. It's not just about the game but how the toys are integrated. Fingers crossed it's more than I expect. I mean, it can't be as bad as Infinity's toys were, but still... I'm very, very worried. Is swapping going to be enough customisation, can I just suck it up that there are only paths since Heroics would take a lifetime to finish now anyway? Will I feel encouraged to return with fully levelled characters?

So, in conclusion... It's bittersweet... It marks a lot of ends, a lot bad, but a things I also loved a lot... But I'm excited for SF more than sad that Giants is getting outdated, by a good margin.
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#7 Posted: 16:47:35 14/10/2013
I miss Spyro's adventure
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 04:25:24 15/10/2013
I still need to complete stuff in Giants...not done with it by a long shot...and---once we figure out what the stat changes is for Heroics...I'll be taking the reposes back through memory lane with Heroics from the first two games.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 17:55:53 15/10/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
We can still post here and stuff.. It's not dead. I'll still be playing the game even after I get SF. :I

Yeah, just because the main Giants news topic is closed or SWAP Force is released, it doesn't automatically mean Giants is dead.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#10 Posted: 00:11:54 16/10/2013
The Spyro's Adventure forum is all but dead, if I'm gone for four days when I return there MIGHT be one thread with a new post. With everybody being rabid about Swap Force, the Giants forum will probably go the same way. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 03:30:37 18/10/2013
I miss watching the SA forum posts. smilie

It's a ghost town now. I give the Giants section two months, tops, before it ends up the same.

People just aren't that interested in talking about these games any more because most people played through them and beat them and replayed them again and there just isn't anything left to discover.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me