Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Skylanders: Adventure of the Insectoids
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Adventure of the Insectoids [CLOSED]
Bison Graves Green Sparx Gems: 366
#1 Posted: 02:30:44 11/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Skylanders: Adventure of the Insectoids

Prologue, Part I

Many eons ago, the tyrannical rulers of Skylands, the Arkeyans, seeked to eliminate all possible forms of rebellion from the floating islands. The robotic Arkeyans were formidable, using the Elemental Sources in their twisted experiments to develop hordes of powerful, mindless soldiers for their own gain. Skylands was vulnerable, and it did not take long before much of it was conquered and enslaved. All hope seemed lost…

However, destiny has a way of turning the tables when it is needed most.

All across Skylands, eight powerful beings rose up and began to fight back against the robotic empire. Eventually, these beings would meet and swear a powerful oath to save their world from total enslavement. They would become the first Skylanders, protectors and heroes of Skylands!

But before that ever happened, a peculiar tale must be shared of a great battle that one of these heroes faced. Before he met the likes of the strange Eye-Brawl and the powerful Crusher, Swarm was the guardian prince of his hive, and day after day, he protected his home from the evil Arkeyan forces. For months, all seemed to be well as he was able to easily dispose of any intruders who chose to attack the hive. Unfortunately, all that was about to change…

Swarm stood at the edge of the Hive Kingdom’s floating home island, his stern eyes focused on a distant object. He could tell that it was slowly approaching his home, but he was unable to discern if the object was of friendly or malicious origin.

The giant bee turned his gaze away from the object to peer down at a smaller insect who was beside him. This fellow bug, who closely resembled a species of weevil, had his eyes plugged deep into a pair of binoculars as he remained fixed on the object on the horizon.

“Can you tell what it is, Erwin?” Swarm asked of his companion. The weevil lowered his binoculars, a confused look evident on his face.

“How perplexing…” The weevil muttered as he continued to stare at the object, which appeared to be picking up its speed as it approached.

“Erwin,” Swarm sighed, knowing his companion was prone to forgetting that a world existed outside of his own thoughts. “Share with the rest of us, please.”
The weevil remained quiet for a little while longer before he spoke up. “It’s an Arkeyan ship.”

“I figured that much already, considering they are the only ones who visit us these days.” The giant bee started stretching his wings and limbs, knowing that a battle would more than likely occur within the next hour or two.

“You’re missing the point.” Erwin stroked his snout as he continued to process what he saw. “It’s just one ship. Not two, not three, not even the typical fifty. ONE ship.”
Swarm stopped performing his pre-battle stretches, his attention solely focused on his companion. “That’s, um, new.”

Erwin raised his binoculars up to the direction of the ship, to see if he could make out any new details of the vessel. “’New’ is one way to put it. Strange, odd, unordinary, even downright blasphemous, would be more appropriate.”

Swarm quirked a brow. “Blast-fa-what now?”

Erwin sighed. “Nevermind. Anyways,” He lowered his binoculars again, and began to pack them into a satchel that he wore. “It appears that the ship has no one piloting it either.”

Swarm just stood and watched his beetle friend pack his gear frantically. “Sorry, can you run that by me again? What do you mean there’s no one piloting it?”

“I mean that it’s an empty, moving enemy vessel that is heading this way, and I think that this is just a bizarre enough instance to warrant a warning to the kingdom.” The weevil’s voice shook, the worry and concern evident as he bounced from foot to foot, anxious to make the run back to the Hive. Swarm, who was still taken aback by the whole circumstance, just nodded his head before turning to the horizon. The ship was in clear view now, only a few moments away from landing.

“Warn the Hive. Have them be prepared for anything.” A soft buzzing noise emanated from the bee’s wings as he began to hover.

Without further question, Erwin ran off towards the Hive Kingdom. Swarm, still facing the approaching vessel, powered up his barb blades. He knew that one strike from his Stinger Shot was enough to take down a typical ship of this caliber. He hoped that this time, despite the strange circumstance, it would be the same result.

Once his blades were fully charged, the giant warrior let out a vicious roar before he flew at top speed towards the ship.

“Alright you Arkeyan piece of scrap, let’s see what surprises you got!”

Upon closing the distance, Swarm unleashed his charged Stinger Shot at the center of the ship. It was just about to make impact, when suddenly the ship burst apart into hundreds of green and gold robotic insects.

Before he could even process what had just happened, the mysterious robotic swarm surrounded the insect warrior. They began to enclose him, suffocate him.

Moments later, Swarm was unmoving. The metallic clicking of the strange machines faded as he drifted into unconsciousness.

--

To Be Continued in Prologue, Part II

--

Thanks for reading! More will be posted here later, so stay tuned!
---
Portal Master since 2011
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#2 Posted: 03:10:21 11/10/2013
Wow, this is fantastic! Long section, but the characters really stand out in personality even though the story hasn't really started yet. Very interesting, patiently awaiting more! smilie
Bison Graves Green Sparx Gems: 366
#3 Posted: 03:24:39 11/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks Sky! I hope to get a few more parts out this weekend, though I imagine that may be difficult considering it is release weekend for you-know-what.
---
Portal Master since 2011
THGold Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#4 Posted: 18:35:20 08/11/2013
This. Needs. More. Chapters.
---
I'm gone. I visit sometimes.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 18:42:31 08/11/2013
siriously stop bumbing old dead threads
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me