darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Royal Double Trouble Single Pack?
Page 1 of 1
Royal Double Trouble Single Pack? [CLOSED]
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#1 Posted: 19:39:04 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
If gnarly came out because he was originally bundled with a Wii console which of course, would not sell well because not a lot of people would buy a wii for a single skylander. Why isn't Royal Double Trouble relased in a single pack yet? It was a stupid idea to bundle him in an ios pack, especially for an Android user like me let alone it did'nt sell well. Is it gonna happen?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#2 Posted: 20:32:45 06/10/2013
Probably not. I'd love if it did, then I could afford to import one. It didn't even make it over here to the UK as far as I know.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
dangerousbrian0 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#3 Posted: 21:12:22 06/10/2013
no it didnt thats why i imported the royal double trouble battlegrounds pack from gamestop and i dont even have an ios or an android phone i dont even have a windows phone either.
#4 Posted: 22:04:16 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Well if it didnt come in uk yet, it should. Activision doesnt want to leave you out, especially since you are the guys who get the Dark Spyro and Punch Pop Fizz single packs. If its not out in uk then it should which may mean a single pack release for worldwide.... or at least North America
---
#5 Posted: 00:05:35 07/10/2013
well they havent even released drobot series 2 yet in the uk and i dont think they will now as swap force is out in a couple of weeks and the only character i know that is getting released is lightcore hex which is a preorder bonus or at the same time I think or a little bit later able to be brought if you didnt preorder swap force.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:07:06 13/10/2013 by dangerousbrian0
#6 Posted: 00:15:38 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
They should.... just be patient, if lightcore hex is now coming out so soon, drobot is around the corner, the uk should not get left out. There are lots of UK people on the forums, Acti probably knows this... we just have to wait.
---
#7 Posted: 00:21:08 07/10/2013
but you would have thought they would get drobot series 2 out before lightcore hex as lightcore hex would be the final character out.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 00:49:07 07/10/2013
Quote: Failinhearts
They should.... just be patient, if lightcore hex is now coming out so soon, drobot is around the corner, the uk should not get left out. There are lots of UK people on the forums, Acti probably knows this... we just have to wait.

Not cool to wait an entire year for a figure. At least not core characters.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#9 Posted: 02:16:06 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but either way, drobot or no drobot. Battlegrounds didnt do too well so RDT has to have a release some where. Its either that or hes thrown into the abyss of skylanders discontinued too early.(say hi to granite crusher for me) I live in Canada and granite never released
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 03:05:11 07/10/2013
Activision will surely release Royal outside of America.
[User Posted Image]
we just have to wait
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:06:03 07/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#11 Posted: 10:30:52 08/10/2013
Yeah, but either way, drobot or no drobot. Battlegrounds didnt do too well so RDT has to have a release some where. Its either that or hes thrown into the abyss of skylanders discontinued too early.(say hi to granite crusher for me) I live in Canada and granite never released

Granite was never released here because Granite is exclusive to Target, and I think he was available last Fall/Winter, when we didn't have any Targets. I was hoping they'd be decent enough to make sure Granite was in our new Targets when they opened, but doesn't look like it. Certainly not at my Target when I checked. (A visit which was truly underwhelming, LOL!)
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:33:29 08/10/2013 by niceguy1
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 12:39:13 08/10/2013
Battlegrounds didnt do too well so RDT has to have a release some where.

It'd be nice, but, meanwhile, GameStop has a TON of the iOS starters with him bundled in. They might be a little ticked at Activision if Activision was to take away
the only reason anyone has to buy the bundle...
#13 Posted: 21:49:17 08/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I never seen the ios starters online. Not in stock that is
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#14 Posted: 05:04:28 09/10/2013
It could happen, who knows. US hasnt gotten triple pack 8 and 9 or single jet vac/single punch. I sadly am thinking these may never get here, but who knows.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#15 Posted: 08:38:51 09/10/2013
Royal is an exclusive, so is Granite, I really doubt they are going to release him as a single. It would be like being able to buy a Legendary at any other store except the exclusive store. Gnarly was not limited to any store, just at the time to a bundle.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#16 Posted: 13:11:02 09/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Battlegrounds didnt do too well so RDT has to have a release some where.

It'd be nice, but, meanwhile, GameStop has a TON of the iOS starters with him bundled in. They might be a little ticked at Activision if Activision was to take away
the only reason anyone has to buy the bundle...

They should be ticked at themselves at pricing themselves out of a market. I still haven't gotten a boxed iOS pack because of cost. (I have a single Royal but never bought the retail b/c I thought it was extremely poor value).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:17:52 09/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#17 Posted: 13:15:18 09/10/2013
i think it's not going to happen smilie
#18 Posted: 13:23:21 09/10/2013
While GameStop is free to set whatever price they want on the bundle, it's not like they've had a markup on it or anything - it started out at the same MSRP everyone was selling the regular bundle for ($49.99) and is now down to the same discounted price ($39.99) that most retailers have dropped the iOS starter to.

The $40 price is only $15 more than a regular three-pack of figures - and considering it comes with extra stuff (portal, download code, exclusive paint job magic piece), if you have an iOS device, it's not that bad of a deal. It's just a terrible shame that the other two figures are ones I've already got... multiple times (Jet-Vac in my Wii Starter, Gnarly Wii Bundle, and Wii U Bundle, Cynder in each of those and my 3DS Starter, although two of those were GitD - plus my single pack Cynder and single-pack Jet-Vac, once he arrives from his long journey from down under).

Heck, I got mine (at $50) when they were running the Sidekicks promo and got two sidekicks with it. That was a pretty good deal.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#19 Posted: 13:25:48 09/10/2013
Quote: niceguy1

Granite was never released here because Granite is exclusive to Target, and I think he was available last Fall/Winter, when we didn't have any Targets. I was hoping they'd be decent enough to make sure Granite was in our new Targets when they opened, but doesn't look like it. Certainly not at my Target when I checked. (A visit which was truly underwhelming, LOL!)

Yeah, I was hoping to find Granite Crusher as well, and Jade Flashwing... Our Targets opened mid-September here, so we never got them.
#20 Posted: 13:29:41 09/10/2013
While GameStop is free to set whatever price they want on the bundle, it's not like they've had a markup on it or anything - it started out at the same MSRP everyone was selling the regular bundle for ($49.99) and is now down to the same discounted price ($39.99) that most retailers have dropped the iOS starter to.

The $40 price is only $15 more than a regular three-pack of figures - and considering it comes with extra stuff (portal, download code, exclusive paint job magic piece), if you have an iOS device, it's not that bad of a deal. It's just a terrible shame that the other two figures are ones I've already got... multiple times (Jet-Vac in my Wii Starter, Gnarly Wii Bundle, and Wii U Bundle, Cynder in each of those and my 3DS Starter, although two of those were GitD - plus my single pack Cynder and single-pack Jet-Vac, once he arrives from his long journey from down under).

Heck, I got mine (at $50) when they were running the Sidekicks promo and got two sidekicks with it. That was a pretty good deal.

Yeah, I wanted to pick one up eventually...I see they've finally sold out. Maybe I can find some collecting dust in the local stores. We have iPads and I'd like to play the game ... my gut is telling me though it will go bye-bye a la Universe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:10 09/10/2013 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 13:33:33 09/10/2013
The website is sold out, but every GameStop I go in, I see them on the shelves... Shouldn't be an issue finding one at this point.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#22 Posted: 17:47:31 09/10/2013

Which not everyone has an IOS device. I for one, don't. Buying the IOS starter would be completely pointless for me aside from getting the figures, and even then thanks to the Wii starter, I have 2/4 of them. Then, while the Platinum chest is a special color, the game treats it exactly the same as the regular chest from what I've read here on darkSpyro; and I already have the one from Pirate Seas.

This would mean spending $40 purely for Royal. Sorry, I'm not going to pay 4x the normal price of a figure just to get it in a special coloring. That's why I don't collect chase variants. While the coloring of Royal is nice, I happily stick to my S2 Double Trouble rather than pay that cost.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 18:00:27 09/10/2013
I don't see why they can't make a Royal single and set it as a GS/EB/UK equivalent exclusive. Then there will be no whining from anyone.
#24 Posted: 18:17:28 09/10/2013
You've entered a no whining zone. smilie
---
#25 Posted: 05:12:50 13/10/2013
This is activision they dont give a **** about anyone they release cod every single year and its been the same copy and paste job for the last 7 years.If some how it prints them a **** load of money they will do it.They eventualy killed guitar hero this way and then they killed off dj hero when it only just got started.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:52:07 20/10/2013 by dangerousbrian0
#26 Posted: 12:54:13 20/10/2013
well swap force is out in the uk and still no series 2 drobot i dont think it will ever get released over here now so my giants collection and swap force collection will never be fully complete.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me