Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Help! Game crashes when I try to save [CLOSED]
bexwithanx Green Sparx Gems: 400
#1 Posted: 14:11:54 03/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!
My game keeps crashing when I try to save it, when I try to visit friends, and when I try to access the Activate menu. I tried getting around hitting the save button by using a wish stone in the well (which saves the game), but this crashes it also. I've tried closing the app (I play on the iPhone 5, iOS 7), closing all other apps, and turning the phone off and on. I waited over night, but the problem persists. I've even tried logging in to my account on another device (iPhone 4S), and the same problem occurs. I've run out of ideas. And I see nowhere where I can contact the developers about my problem.
I was hoping one of my fellow players would know what to do! Any ideas?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:01 03/10/2013 by bexwithanx
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#2 Posted: 15:48:26 03/10/2013
I have the exact same problem. Any save or action that causes a save, like a visit, crashes the game. Any ideas?
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#3 Posted: 17:05:32 03/10/2013
The exact same thing happened to me. I was happily visiting friends islands when the game crashed on me. Afterwards I was not able to save no matter what I did (wishing stones, leveling up a skylander, manual cloud save etc...) I contacted Activision Support by phone and Facebook, but I'm still waiting for a reply a week later.

You can contact them
- by phone 1-310-255 2050 (US) hours are 11:00am - 8:00pm (PT) Mon-Fri
- website https://support.activision.com
- facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist
- twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist

To fix the problem I tried
- closing all apps and powering down the ipad (didn't work)
- deleting apps and photos to create more memory (didn't work)
- deleting the app and re-installing (didn't work)
- playing the game on a different device (didn't work)
- playing my son game on the iPad (his game worked fine)

The only thing I could think was that some how during the save my saved got corrupted. In the end, I used an old saved game that I had on another device to overwrite the cloud save. I lost 2 days progress doing that, but my game has been ok so far. But I still worry that it could happen again, so I back up the games on another device just to be safe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:40 03/10/2013 by snowknife
#4 Posted: 17:13:28 03/10/2013
Thanks - I've been holding off on multiple device backup while I waited for the cloud to stabilize, but I guess that was a mistake
---
bexwithanx Green Sparx Gems: 400
#5 Posted: 17:13:35 03/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the response!
I unfortunately don't have my game saved in another device, so I'm going to try contacting them. Hopefully it doesn't take a week!
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13919
#6 Posted: 17:22:21 03/10/2013
Yeah I had this problem, it somehow went away on Tuesday after I deleted and reinstalled the app (which I'd already tried several times over the weekend without any luck so I can't say that it'll actually do anything for you). It didn't take long before I got hit with another problem though, it now won't let me load the game off Activate any more, it just gives me Error 10 and Error 14 and then gives me a level 1 kingdom to use. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#7 Posted: 17:55:39 03/10/2013
When doing multiple device backups be very careful
You may think your latest game is saved to the cloud, but it may not be. Just make a note of your stats, so that you can be sure that you are loading the latest version on to the different device. If the latest version is not loading you have to go back to your original device and try to save to the cloud again.

@dark52 I've had Error 10 (i think) messages before. It usually occurs after it asks me to verify my age. What I've done is close all apps and power down the iPad. And then I try running the app again. If it doesn't work then I open my game on another device play a bit and save it to the cloud. And then try to open it again on the original device.
#8 Posted: 19:49:28 03/10/2013
I posted a note on the official forum, and Activision solved my problem! Wil update later, but thanks, Activision!
---
#9 Posted: 20:48:21 03/10/2013
Here's the story. I posted here and on the official Activision board, explaining the problem. This afternoon, I signed on to see if the bug was still there, and got a choice between my local save game from this morning, and a cloud save from 2:57 est labeled "Activision Customer Support." I chose the cloud save and now everything is fine.

I'm not sure if someone saw my posts or if it was just a general fix, but either way, it was a great surprise.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me