Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cloud Conflicts (Update) [CLOSED]
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#1 Posted: 17:14:25 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
We just released a mini update which should resolve the false cloud conflicts being reported by several of you. Once you get this update you should no longer see cloud conflict screens with unreasonable data. (ex: offering you a cloud save with 0 Skylanders, or from the year 2000, etc).

Please let us know if you continue to see these screens once you get update version 1.6.0 (351154+357626). You can find the version number in the options menu.

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

-AO
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#2 Posted: 17:20:11 25/09/2013
Good work. Got the update, and so far no problems.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#3 Posted: 17:28:48 25/09/2013
Same here. Save dialog is gone as well as the issue I was having when trying to connect via wifi. Thanks Orville!
MtLebo-Jason Green Sparx Gems: 440
#4 Posted: 18:06:41 25/09/2013
Thanks for all of your help! I am also no longer getting the "Cloud Save" error message.

Although this is the first problem I've encountered, I've always been impressed with how responsive you and the rest of the Activision team have been to issues that have been raised here.

Activate ID: MtLebo-Jason | I Gladly Accept Friend Requests
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#5 Posted: 19:20:53 25/09/2013
How about those who have the wrong cloud save altogether? I still have "Manny's iPhone" as my cloud save. Mind you, I may not have the update since I still can't get into the game enough to check the version.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#6 Posted: 02:40:37 26/09/2013
Quote: CrazyCanuck
How about those who have the wrong cloud save altogether? I still have "Manny's iPhone" as my cloud save. Mind you, I may not have the update since I still can't get into the game enough to check the version.

Don't stress CrazyCanuck. I'm sure they'll have this latest glitch affecting you fixed in one or two days at most. Just like they fixed the botched level cap increase in ONE DAY (not one week as was widely reported), and fixed the sanctuary/balloon/duplicate skylander issue in ONE DAY (not three weeks as was widely reported). I mean, that's what you claimed wasn't it?

"As a developer myself, I can say almost no one rolls out code on Fridays. Why? Because if something goes wrong your site/product is broken all weekend until the developers come in Monday morning. The reason code goes out first thing Mondays is so all the developers are on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. For Australians this sucks. But would you rather have the game be buggy and/or unplayable all weekend when something goes wrong? Those really are the only options. Cut them some slack."

So, false cloud save issues, chompy pad issues, thumpback house issues, visiting issues - so glad the devs on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. That's two days and counting...
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#7 Posted: 02:43:49 26/09/2013
There is no Chompy Pod issue, FYI.
#8 Posted: 02:57:00 26/09/2013
Quote: portalflip

Acknowledged. I'd have to argue that making arbitrary changes without telling anyone, allowing everyone to think there IS an issue, reading a bunch of posts about the issue and THEN eventually clearing it up with a clarification is an issue in itself.

I'm yet to see a "clarification" on what the hell is going on with having Thumpback's House free in the update, then available but charged 350 gems for in the same update, then not available at all in the same update.
#9 Posted: 03:31:39 26/09/2013
Quote: Woz

Don't stress CrazyCanuck. I'm sure they'll have this latest glitch affecting you fixed in one or two days at most. Just like they fixed the botched level cap increase in ONE DAY (not one week as was widely reported), and fixed the sanctuary/balloon/duplicate skylander issue in ONE DAY (not three weeks as was widely reported). I mean, that's what you claimed wasn't it?

"As a developer myself, I can say almost no one rolls out code on Fridays. Why? Because if something goes wrong your site/product is broken all weekend until the developers come in Monday morning. The reason code goes out first thing Mondays is so all the developers are on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. For Australians this sucks. But would you rather have the game be buggy and/or unplayable all weekend when something goes wrong? Those really are the only options. Cut them some slack."

So, false cloud save issues, chompy pad issues, thumpback house issues, visiting issues - so glad the devs on hand to fix the inevitable bugs when they are discovered. That's two days and counting...

I was simply enquiring about an issue clearly related to the one they say is fixed. Many people reported the gibberish cloud saves but a lot also reported getting other people's cloud saves. Use of the phrase "cloud conflict" actually explain a lot to me about the issue. Those hitting a null value are getting the gibberish saves and those of us unlucky enough to get valid values are hitting other people's saves. Likely the current fix will repair both, although I'd love confirmation of that from someone else who was getting another persons cloud save.

My issue is more complicated and likely has to do with either bad coding in the Facebook authentication or possibly is being triggered by a failed Facebook authentication if the token it is trying to confirm is also from someone else, probably the person whose cloud save I am seeing.

I can't get into the game at all so I want to know if the current fix is supposed have fixed the wrong save problem as well as the bad save problem. If it is supposed to have fixed it then there is no way to fix my issue without another full App Store update as I am clearly not getting far enough into the load process to get mini updates. If it is not supposed to have fixed it then I cannot be sure if I am getting the update or not. I just want to know if this should have fixed the issue or not so I know what to expect.

The only reason it is irritating me particularly is because the update has triggered a lot of users to defriend players who haven't logged in as recently as they would like, some claiming anyone who hasn't logged in for 24 hours are gone. Today is the second day ever I have not gifted. I'm not looking forward to seeing how many people have dumped me.

On that note, can anyone who has me on their friend list visit my islands? If so, can they tell me if I have the Thumpback statue on my central island? I told the game to cloud save multiple times but could never tell if it worked given the other issues. If other people can see the statue then I know it did actually save and I might be willing to risk uninstalling the app to see if it fixes it. That is what support has recommended most recently "if I am not concerned about any local saves". If it is not visible to others then I know I dare not try anything that will destroy my local save.

Edited because autocorrect is not my friend.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:34:27 26/09/2013 by CrazyCanuck
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 09:48:15 26/09/2013
Have that many others really had the same problem with getting other people's saves? I've only seen the strange, corrupted saves, not someone else's, other than in your case. As for the mini updates, I was pretty sure that the update was made in the loading process and before you even get into the game itself. I'm sure you've already tried it, but have you tried force closing and re-opening?

As for the chompy update/glitch. I'm sure with all the added stuff (especially with the new social system) that the chompy changes just got lost in the mix when they went to list all the updates. It's understandable and at least they acknowledged it, even while working on fixing the other bugs.
#11 Posted: 15:06:03 26/09/2013
Quote: obidawsn
As for the chompy update/glitch. I'm sure with all the added stuff (especially with the new social system) that the chompy changes just got lost in the mix when they went to list all the updates. It's understandable and at least they acknowledged it, even while working on fixing the other bugs.

Pity they still haven't acknowledged the issue with Thumpback's House. I'd really like to see the clarification on that one.
#12 Posted: 15:21:26 26/09/2013
Pity they still haven't acknowledged the issue with Thumpback's House. I'd really like to see the clarification on that one.

Yeah, I posted that in another thread, too, asking for clarification.
#13 Posted: 15:21:45 26/09/2013
Have that many others really had the same problem with getting other people's saves? I've only seen the strange, corrupted saves, not someone else's, other than in your case. As for the mini updates, I was pretty sure that the update was made in the loading process and before you even get into the game itself. I'm sure you've already tried it, but have you tried force closing and re-opening?

I've seen several reports of the wrong save. They were not all on this forum, but a few were. Usually it was after visit crashes and there was much speculation about if the saves we were seeing belonged to the person we had been visiting.

I have force closed, rebooted the device, downgraded the game to the prior version and then upgraded again, tried without wifi enabled... Basically I've tried everything I can except uninstalling completely which I'm unwilling to do unless I get some confirmation that I actually have a viable cloud save.
#14 Posted: 22:40:48 26/09/2013

I've seen several reports of the wrong save. They were not all on this forum, but a few were. Usually it was after visit crashes and there was much speculation about if the saves we were seeing belonged to the person we had been visiting.

I have force closed, rebooted the device, downgraded the game to the prior version and then upgraded again, tried without wifi enabled... Basically I've tried everything I can except uninstalling completely which I'm unwilling to do unless I get some confirmation that I actually have a viable cloud save.

Three days and counting...
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#15 Posted: 07:30:43 27/09/2013
I was very weary to update but was forced to update the game yesterday because it would not let me play anymore without the update.

Thus far I have not encountered problems with cloud save, I'm relieved to say.
Have been switching devices a couple of times now.

I do save to the cloud manually every time before leaving the game. Sadly it takes a lot more taps to do that now.
Maybe I will experiment with not saving manually to see if the auto-save feature has improved with this update.
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#16 Posted: 19:21:14 27/09/2013
Be very careful when you are switching devices.

Since the update, I thought everything was going fine, but then I encountered a prompt to load a cloud save that was not mine. And now I am having instances where I have manual saved to the cloud, but the games were actually not saved.
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#17 Posted: 19:33:44 27/09/2013
Thanks for the warning, I will be extra vigilant.
I hope I will be spared this suffering you and others are going through.

Fingers crossed and looking forward to a new update for the game that will fix these issues, including the missing friends bug I'm experiencing.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#18 Posted: 21:40:49 27/09/2013
I got the cloud prompt today, giving me 2 choices that were both out of date my a longshot. However, when I picked the recommended one, I got back into the current, up-to-date version of the game. What a relief!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#19 Posted: 15:50:33 28/09/2013
Bug is still there.

After manual save on my ipad, my iphone loaded a corrupt game at level 1.

Now i have to endure a U10 fastpitch walkathon without my vice.
---
Activate name: Charred
Mononk Green Sparx Gems: 102
#20 Posted: 12:53:03 02/10/2013
Got the same problem this morning. The game closed after visiting a friend for kudos. Then, I got a cloud save box upon opening the game telling me to choose between my cloud save (this ipad) and "Simon ringuette'"s game. My game was safe, of course the gems i had taken on visits to friends were gone with the kudos. But this is one annoying bug. And scary when I read reports of people unable to launch the game or having to restart....
#21 Posted: 15:37:03 02/10/2013
Eight days and counting. Sooo glad the devs are on hand to fix these problems promptly, eh CrazyCanuck?

Today when faced with my device save or a recommnded cloud save called Patsy's iPad, it wasn't a hard decision to ignore Activision's recommendation. Luckily i've been able to work around the continuing cloud save issues the mini update was supposed to fix.

However, visiting is cactus. 17 friends - 17 failures. Only Aura works. Yes, my wifi is a tad slow, but pre-kudos it worked.
#22 Posted: 18:22:19 02/10/2013
Eight days and counting. Sooo glad the devs are on hand to fix these problems promptly, eh CrazyCanuck?

Yes, I am. My game has been up and running since last Friday. It took three days to get it going and I'm pleased with that. It might well have been faster, but I was away from home for the first two of those days and often could not reply to messages for hours at a time.

Since then, I have had no significant issues. Some visits crash, but frankly, that has always been the case. I haven't lost any kudos or gems when they crash anymore which is a major improvement over the past. Some people do still lose what they collected, but the reports I've seen of that have all been coupled with the cloud save issue.

If you recall my original statement, it was in regards to why updates come out on Mondays. I never made any statements about how long it takes to troubleshoot any particular issue, just that it happens faster when there isn't a weekend included in the troubleshooting time. If the update had hit on Friday and my game had been fixed on Thursday I would be much less pleased.

Clearly there are issues with the current code, but also clearly, those issues are not universal. Once a game is broken it stays broken, but there hasn't been any consistency as to what broke them. Most people have issues after a crash visiting a friend. Mine occurred when I logged out of Activate. Intermittent errors are a bugger to fix since the first step is always to find a consistent way to reproduce them so you know when it actually is fixed.

I never said all bugs get fixed instantly, just that they get fixed faster when rollouts occur when staff is on hand.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#23 Posted: 20:43:19 02/10/2013
Hey Woz, pre- kudos, I had you as a friend, but when we got the update I noticed that I had 101 friends. I thought, "hmmm they might have raised the cap for friends". Then later when I looked it was back to 100, Aura had arrived and shunted you as a result. I don't know why they would pick you, but it could be the source of your problems.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Amapole Green Sparx Gems: 468
#24 Posted: 21:44:43 02/10/2013
Quote: Advisor_Orville
We just released a mini update which should resolve the false cloud conflicts being reported by several of you. Once you get this update you should no longer see cloud conflict screens with unreasonable data. (ex: offering you a cloud save with 0 Skylanders, or from the year 2000, etc).

Please let us know if you continue to see these screens once you get update version 1.6.0 (351154+357626). You can find the version number in the options menu.

-AO

After multiple and varied attempts, I still can't load my game on the iphone. A few days ago, after reinstalling again, loaded a game fairly recent, but as I continue forward in the game with ipad, then I get an error when I try to get that game on the iphone. It is assumed that that's an option to play on multiple devices right?

Before the update I went without problems from a dispositive to other, depending on where it was advancing more

Also I can see almost no realm of my friends, and I have 100 (99 in the game). Not because they offer the new partner if not useless if you can not see the kingdom ...

I thought you were going to fix on Monday.

Please, fix it already.....
Amapole Green Sparx Gems: 468
#25 Posted: 21:45:20 02/10/2013
Quote: Advisor_Orville

-AO

After multiple and varied attempts, I still can't load my game on the iphone. A few days ago, after reinstalling again, loaded a game fairly recent, but as I continue forward in the game with ipad, then I get an error when I try to get that game on the iphone. It is assumed that that's an option to play on multiple devices right?

Before the update I went without problems from a dispositive to other, depending on where it was advancing more

Also I can see almost no realm of my friends, and I have 100 (99 in the game). Not because they offer the new partner if not useless if you can not see the kingdom ...

I thought you were going to fix on Monday.

Please, fix it already.....

Sorry, my activation name is Amapole

Thanks
#26 Posted: 09:45:53 03/10/2013
I agree with CrazyCanuck. They seemed to fix a lot of the problems they had fairly quickly. A lot of the current problems are intermittent and specific to individuals. Those are particularly hard to fix. There seem to be a lot of issues that only one person is having. Although several people are having issues, there are a lot that seem to be different. There is the issue with the cloud saves, but it's still only a few people and not a bunch, so it's hard to narrow down. As for the friends thing, I'm not sure what's going on with that. It seems to be an issue with everyone, but those issues also seem to be related to certain individuals islands. A lot of us are having trouble visiting the islands of the same people. There are still a few bugs that need to be worked out, but bugs can't always be fixed in a day or two. People want to complain that they're wasting their time working on new updates when they need to be fixing the current problems, but updates aren't programmed in a day. I'm sure the updates that have been made each week have been planned for a while (which has only been one since the big update that messed things up). Plus they have to keep the game updated to keep it fresh for everyone. If there wasn't a Monday update, everyone would be on here complaining about it.

With that said, I do wish there was more communication. I was impressed that Advisor_Orville was keeping us updated at the beginning of this mess, last week, but then seemed to disappear. Plus people complaining that they hear nothing back from Activate when they contact them personally makes them feel like their issues are going ignored. A little more communication would help, even if it's "We're still looking into it but haven't found the solution".
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me