Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
No Monday update? [CLOSED]
Chewy Green Sparx Gems: 363
#51 Posted: 20:26:43 24/09/2013
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
I just got Admiral Thumpback
Am I the only one?

I got him earlier today, I hadn't even half filled my friends list so with everyone looking for new friends after this update I got a ton of kudos.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#52 Posted: 20:36:29 24/09/2013
Quote: midas73
These iTunes updates are also frustrating because you can't visit friends who haven't updated the game yet (like that selfish Woz guy, for sure). I'm sure normalcy will return in a couple of days and I'm hopeful that most people, and I in particular, will find these changes a net improvement to the experience.

I've updated now. My first impression is that the kudos have potential, but the number of bugs mean I'm really getting peeved. No Thumpback's House in sight. No gifting stats. My chompy pods disappear instantly before they can be cleared with a normal skylander. And I'm getting the same stupid multiple device warning as others despite only ever playing on the one iPad. Clicking on the manual save to cloud button does NOT successfully update the cloud version, and every restart results in the same ridiculous choose your save screen with an obviously corrupted cloud version with stats in the millions which refuses to be updated.

I can't visit any islands yet (an error keeps occurring) or it crashes the app.

Defriending everyone didn't enable the bonus at my end and didn't enable to bonus at my friends at the other end once the friendship was restarted from either direction.

My enthusiasm for this game is waning fast. The coding is simply getting sloppier with every passing week.
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#53 Posted: 20:52:39 24/09/2013
Woz, Thanks for the review on the latest update.
I'm definitely holding off updating until the fixed update which will hopefully arrive shortly.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#54 Posted: 21:55:49 24/09/2013
I'm afraid to update.
wi1z Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#55 Posted: 22:08:23 24/09/2013
Well, for me, chompy pods nearly always pop a gem, active ones, no idea why, the bootup issues are a pain, cloud is obviously down, on my boys account, thumpbacks house cost 350 gems, not free! I can visit most people, but as with all the versions, once I get a gift gem, I go home, too many previous crashes. The kudos thing is another blimmen currency to add, its ok, I visit lots of people a day if I can, so, should net me 150 kudos a day plus freinds have gone bonkers since this came out. removing and re-adding anyone doesn't count as a "new" freind! I like the new companion king capybara, will pay for himself in no time! Gurglefin seems a waste of time, when you visit you mostly get 1 x kudos and a rare gem, but if you buy this guy, you increase wishstones and therefore must decrease gem chance? seems a crazy buy to me unless your desperate for wishstones! I do liek having thumpbacks house as thumpling works in it, so, nice bonus.

Once a patch to fix cloud rubbish is sorted out, and visiting is more reliable, mostly for the better, another economy to run, kudos, hmmm, but, it is better than the pathetic xp/gold/energy and so far gems per day seems like it will be higher due to capybara plus the "free" house, or not, not sure if everyone can get it or has gone?

Overall a disasterous rollout! but, I think it will slowly improve and give maxed out people something else to aim for apart from gems and wishstones. Bring on 1.61! smilie
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#56 Posted: 12:59:07 25/09/2013
Quote:
I got him earlier today, I hadn't even half filled my friends list so with everyone looking for new friends after this update I got a ton of kudos.

This is what makes me very mad.

If you had a full 100 friends, you will have several hundred kudos right now. Since visiting is so bugged, its going to take a lot of effort or time to get 2000 kudos. Who knows how long the Admiral will stay at 2000 or just plain leave. Is he only here for Sept? Unless I want to deal with the visiting bugs, I won't have 2000 by Oct 1.

If you had 60 or less friends, you earned 2000 kudos and have the Admiral 2 days after the update. It is trivial to add friends, I have 65 pending friend invites as of this morning. I had 30 something when I went to bed.

Further, what really bothers me, is that you cannot drop/add an old friend and get the bonus. They actually spent the time coding that in. The Devs got that code right while chompy pods are bugged, visiting is horribly bugged, cloud save is bugging out, etc...etc.
---
Activate name: Charred
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#57 Posted: 13:04:42 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Charred
Quote:

This is what makes me very mad.

If you had a full 100 friends, you will have several hundred kudos right now. Since visiting is so bugged, its going to take a lot of effort or time to get 2000 kudos. Who knows how long the Admiral will stay at 2000 or just plain leave. Is he only here for Sept? Unless I want to deal with the visiting bugs, I won't have 2000 by Oct 1.

If you had 60 or less friends, you earned 2000 kudos and have the Admiral 2 days after the update. It is trivial to add friends, I have 65 pending friend invites as of this morning. I had 30 something when I went to bed.

Further, what really bothers me, is that you cannot drop/add an old friend and get the bonus. They actually spent the time coding that in. The Devs got that code right while chompy pods are bugged, visiting is horribly bugged, cloud save is bugging out, etc...etc.

I understand the complaint. They should have done something for people who've been playing a while and have hit the max already. As for them coding it in for dropping/adding, that was probably already there from before where they gave you a gem for the first gift. I'm sure it's just a trigger programmed that says whether or not they are a new friend. If dropping/re-adding worked before, then we could have kept dropping and adding our friends to make sure we got gifted a free gem. So I'm sure it was coded in already.
#58 Posted: 13:27:03 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I finally updated, this morning. I wasn't going to until I saw that things were fixed, but I felt like I was missing out on the new stuff, so I took a chance. So far, the only issue I have had is getting kicked back to my island while visiting. That's a major pain, but it's something I got used to before. It's not a new problem, although I'm pretty sure they had gotten that fixed a little while back, but I didn't visit much.

Other than that, I like the new stuff. I think the kudos gives us more of a reason to use the social stuff, especially visiting. It's still slow because of the load time between each kingdom, though, so it's a real pain. But now I have a reason to do it. I wish there was a way to make it quicker to go between kingdoms, but I'm not sure if there is the way the game has to load everything. I really wonder how much data it uses when you go from kingdom to kingdom, as I mainly end up playing on 4G instead of Wi-Fi, since they took our Wi-Fi away from us at work.

I'm bummed about the chompy pods. I had a bunch saved up hoping for a quest with the sidekicks like they were doing for a while, but they never did one with Eye Small, so I wonder. Now all the pods are gone. I guess they decided to get rid of that option. I had wondered what the real benefit of using a sidekick was, though, now that we have Cape Girl. You do get a little more gold, but it also used more energy, so I never was concerned if I didn't get the active one or not. Now it will make it harder to complete the sidekick quests if you have to catch them when they're active. There seems to be no word from the devs on this, but that seems to be a part of the update.

As for the new companions, I'm really considering Capybara. I've had some chests lying around that I've been waiting to use. I got excited about the new companion and went ahead and sent Skylanders to open them forgetting that I hadn't even purchased him, yet smilie Luckily, I haven't collected from them, but I'm afraid I might accidentally do it before I purchase him. I do have a little over 300 gems, so I think he would be worth it. Debating on getting Gigantus at 50% off. That would take almost all my gems. I'm thinking Capybara would be a better investment, though, than waiting on a house of some sort.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#59 Posted: 13:30:42 25/09/2013
I'm waiting for Capybara to go on sale some day. It will take a lot of chests to recoup the 150 gems so I'd rather hang on to my gems and wait for him to go on sale. I'm more intrigued by Gurglefin, which for 400 kudos gives a chance to win wish stones from gifts. I'm only hesitant because I wouldn't want Gurglefin to reduce the chance of winning gems from gifts (which I thin is somewhere around 6-7% on average). Anybody get Gurglefin yet?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#60 Posted: 13:54:40 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm waiting for Capybara to go on sale some day. It will take a lot of chests to recoup the 150 gems so I'd rather hang on to my gems and wait for him to go on sale. I'm more intrigued by Gurglefin, which for 400 kudos gives a chance to win wish stones from gifts. I'm only hesitant because I wouldn't want Gurglefin to reduce the chance of winning gems from gifts (which I thin is somewhere around 6-7% on average). Anybody get Gurglefin yet?

That's exactly why I'm hesitant to buy him, but who knows how long that will be? Like you said, that's a lot of chests, so I would have to have 75 chests between now and when he's 50% off (which I would think is the most he would go) in order to make up for the difference. That does seem like a lot, but we don't know, for sure, when he might go on sale. However, I did do a little jump ahead in time and found that all troll camps, sheep mobs and chompy pods will spawn a chest for the next Super Tuesday. So if you save them until then, that could quite a few chests.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:21 25/09/2013 by obidawsn
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#61 Posted: 14:13:58 25/09/2013
Haha...

Oh no not that again!

Last time that happened all the gold chests despawned at midnight.

You've been warned....
---
Activate name: Charred
#62 Posted: 15:16:02 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Charred
Haha...

Oh no not that again!

Last time that happened all the gold chests despawned at midnight.

You've been warned....

I think that even had every chest as a gold chest. But I wouldn't doubt that it might be the same and all the chests disappear after Super Tuesday.
WhiteHotDog Green Sparx Gems: 237
#63 Posted: 16:07:23 25/09/2013
Has it really been fixed?

I have 23 friends when looking on the activate window, but only 18 appear on my gift/visit list. I'm also scared to visit anyone for fear of crashing and then dealing with a save rollback problem that I've been reading about.

I am curious how many people who have ios7 have lost island bug issues compared to those who haven't updated from ios6 yet? I haven't put iOS 7 on my iPad yet because I prefer 6, but will gladly do it if it means my lost islands will be protected from bugs.
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#64 Posted: 16:59:56 25/09/2013
If you are getting a "save rollback" please make sure you are still logged into your Activate account. If you get logged out it will appear as if your game has been rolled back. There have been several reports of players logging back into Activate with everything restored.

Thanks.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#65 Posted: 20:39:40 25/09/2013
Quote: bjornolf
I'm afraid to update.

I guess I have no choice. It's now telling me I have to update to play.
#66 Posted: 23:29:16 25/09/2013
I've visited about 75 of my 100 friends today and received a whopping 2 gems so far. Normally I would get anywhere from 15-25 or so from visiting all my friends. If, as Pico suggested in another thread, the only way to really obtain gems is to buy them, I will be done with this game very shortly....

I still seem to get the normal 5-8 gems per 100 from gifts, so that's nice I guess. Am I just having extraordinarily bad luck? Are people still getting a fair number of gems from visiting friends' islands?
---
WhiteHotDog Green Sparx Gems: 237
#67 Posted: 13:39:46 26/09/2013
I started visiting again after reading Midas' post, but I'm crashing after two or three visits. It's a waste of time. Anyone still experiencing freeze/crashes? Anyone with ios7 crashing with visits?
#68 Posted: 14:53:09 26/09/2013
I had a lot of crashes yesterday. I think that it crashes every time you visit someone who hasn't applied the latest update, or if you haven't applied the latest update and the person you're visiting has. This seems to happen every time there is an update. Should hopefully be worked out for most people today or tomorrow.
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#69 Posted: 15:08:56 26/09/2013
I had a lot of crashes yesterday. I think that it crashes every time you visit someone who hasn't applied the latest update, or if you haven't applied the latest update and the person you're visiting has. This seems to happen every time there is an update. Should hopefully be worked out for most people today or tomorrow.

This is my experience as well. I do still get an occasional crash while visiting but they're usually caused by the same individuals each time.
#70 Posted: 15:37:42 26/09/2013 | Topic Creator

That definitely isn't the case, as I've been crashing every time I've went to Woz's kingdom, this morning, and we know he's updated.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#71 Posted: 15:49:35 26/09/2013
The crashes certainly seem to be random, given that I've been able to visit one person then have it crash when visiting the same person the next day, or vice-versa. There is probably some dependence on many unseen variables, like net traffic, weather patterns and the number of silent q's in the dev's name. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it didn't tag them as already having been visited. You lose quite a few kudos (what a name!) that way.
#72 Posted: 16:36:03 26/09/2013
It's certainly not perfect but it has been better for me today than yesterday.
---
#73 Posted: 17:25:57 26/09/2013 | Topic Creator
It's certainly not perfect but it has been better for me today than yesterday.

It was actually worse for me, this morning. As I said in another thread, though, it seemed to be working fine, then it suddenly stopped working and wouldn't let me in the next few. I waited a bit, then tried some others and it worked. So I don't think it's

In addition, I just tried going back to visit one of the ones I was having trouble with (Woz's, as that's one I easily remember) and it either won't let me in or it completely crashes the game. I don't remember the other ones I was having issue with, so I haven't tried them, yet.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#74 Posted: 17:42:20 26/09/2013
My game always crashes when I try to visit Woz (trouble maker),wkgrandma and hoblmom. I haven't been able to see any of their islands yet I've lost the alert that there are kudos to collect there...
I also have 100 friends according to activate and I can't accept new friends but in game I have 97 including Aurora. I even counted and it's only 97. Now I need to make lists and she who is missing I guess.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#75 Posted: 18:24:34 26/09/2013
I think I have the same issue with the same players as sklndrmommy!

Here's an interesting glitch. My friends list shows no available islands to visit, but if I visit an island anyway and then pull up the list, it will show a bunch of islands I have yet to visit today. Anybody else having that problem?
---
wi1z Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#76 Posted: 18:45:31 26/09/2013
I'll give you a glitch, I clicked friends list, blam, 1, I was like, oh where've they gone! so, waitied 5 mins, they came back, but, I have 92 in activate and 85 in my list.
#77 Posted: 22:48:16 26/09/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
My game always crashes when I try to visit Woz (trouble maker)...

Sorry about that hon. If it's any consolation, I've given up visiting as a complete joke. I can't seem to visit anyone at all.

I suspect the devs have shortened the time the app allows to connect before generating its error message.

I've got a fairly slow wifi connection. It was adequate pre-update, but is failing miserably post-update. I went to visit a real-life friend's house with a fast wifi, and had much more success visiting.
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#78 Posted: 23:20:13 26/09/2013
Quote: Woz

Sorry about that hon. If it's any consolation, I've given up visiting as a complete joke. I can't seem to visit anyone at all.

I suspect the devs have shortened the time the app allows to connect before generating its error message.

I've got a fairly slow wifi connection. It was adequate pre-update, but is failing miserably post-update. I went to visit a real-life friend's house with a fast wifi, and had much more success visiting.

I'm sorry but this comment just made me laugh. I can't believe you don't consider us all real-life friends!!! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:44 26/09/2013 by kluless3
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#79 Posted: 00:06:25 27/09/2013
My game always crashes when I try to visit Woz (trouble maker),wkgrandma and hoblmom. I haven't been able to see any of their islands yet I've lost the alert that there are kudos to collect there...
I also have 100 friends according to activate and I can't accept new friends but in game I have 97 including Aurora. I even counted and it's only 97. Now I need to make lists and she who is missing I guess.

Hey this is hoblmom! I too can not visit Woz (troublemaker) or wkgrandma without an error though I have no trouble visiting you (sklndrmommy). I too am only at 96 friends but am told that I can not accept more
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#80 Posted: 00:27:56 27/09/2013
I just tried to vist Woz, wkgrandma and sklndrmommy but all returned a connection error.
I'm on wifi btw.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:49 27/09/2013 by Wrecking_Ball
Wkgrandma Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#81 Posted: 00:40:04 27/09/2013
I was just on visiting my friends. I have been wondering if you are on activate if it gives you the connection error. When I tried to visit wrecking ball today mine also gave me the connection error. Interesting that the same people are getting the error message.
Wkgrandma Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#82 Posted: 00:49:03 27/09/2013
I just tried to visit Wrecking Ball again. This time I got in but no Kudos available. Maybe it will work tomorrow. I have started keeping a log of which accounts I get the error connection.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#83 Posted: 04:48:39 27/09/2013
I wonder if there is something with those accounts that multiple people are having problems with. It seems I can receive and send gifts with them fine, just no visiting.

Lol about visiting real life friends :-)
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#84 Posted: 05:06:33 27/09/2013
Quote: kluless3
Quote: Woz

I'm sorry but this comment just made me laugh. I can't believe you don't consider us all real-life friends!!! smilie

;-p I've posted my full details including address on this forum once before. So nobody can claim they haven't had the opportunity to come visit me for real and see how friends with benefits works!
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#85 Posted: 11:12:39 27/09/2013
Umm......Woz? I like you but I don't liiiiiiiiike you if you know what I mean.
#86 Posted: 14:01:36 27/09/2013
Too. Much. Information!
---
#87 Posted: 14:45:45 27/09/2013
Quote: Pico
Umm......Woz? I like you but I don't liiiiiiiiike you if you know what I mean.

Ah, don't be like that. You'd like me if you got to know me. I always had you tagged for a guy anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#88 Posted: 14:46:20 27/09/2013
Too. Much. Information!

Aww, come on Midas, we are all one big happy family here!! smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me