Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What should I be saving gems for? [CLOSED]
chritall2 Blue Sparx Gems: 515
#1 Posted: 16:10:13 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm not a person who spends real money on games like this and I started playing 10 days ago and am addicted. Have 292 gems but don't know what is the best thing to spend them on. Was saving for Quigley but from reading this forum realized he didn't auto collect every 2 hours like I thought he would. So now I don't know what to buy. Any suggestions?
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#2 Posted: 16:17:51 19/09/2013
At the beginning I always saved 350 gems towards the new alt house. That way when you win the new alt from the well you can buy the house immediately.

If you plan to buy anything else outside of a giant/alt/dragon house, wait until it is on sale. In the past month I've seen all companions and decorations on sale. The sales are significant and will save you a lot of time.....especially if you plan to never buy gems.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 16:35:28 19/09/2013
In 10 days you have 292 gems?!? How in the world did you manage that many so fast?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#4 Posted: 17:13:06 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I have addiction problems. Haha
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 17:29:21 19/09/2013
Yeah, so do I but I still can't even manage that many gems. I would love to understand what you're doing to get that many gems so quickly. You can't even have that high a level kingdom yet, can you?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#6 Posted: 17:50:30 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Level 18 plus I literally haven't spent a gem yet, even in the training part at beginning when it shows you how to skip wait time. I just let it sit and waited the 5 minutes instead of wasting the 2 gems. I sent you a friend request if you don't mind. Need some more neighbors for these friend goals.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#7 Posted: 19:10:35 19/09/2013
This question comes up often and I struggle with it. Since I have several gem buildings I try to decide which serve me better if I only had a few.

I think the answer depends on whether you have legendaries or not. If you do:

Buy shrings when they are half off. Go for fire, earth, undead and tech first.

The reason for this is the shrines will:
-boost your gold
-boost your energy production (the elements I list get the best resource bonus since the others are too short)
-provide stones and allow you to capitolize on double stone weekends.
-faster accumulation of stones allows you to wish for alter egos and retired alter egos if you don't have those
-even if you only wish when trying to win the alter ego you have a chance to win gem-only buildings
-extra gems go to halls of legends which act just like a house - thus buying shrines get you all of the above plus houses.

In essence, a constant flow of wish stones can be a huge boost.
---
Activate name: Charred
#8 Posted: 19:27:31 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
With the shrines do you get 1 wish stone every hour or just 1 on the element of the day?
wi1z Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#9 Posted: 19:57:28 19/09/2013
Shrines give you 1 stone per hour on the element of the day, all other days you get 1000 gold per hour instead. Shrines are very cool, buy them at 50% off, I have 13 now, won 2 out of the wishing well, very lucky, but, I get 10-12,000 gold an hour now, plus 800+ stones a month which has got me 8 halls so far, which with 4 giants houses gives me a nice income of gems/energy/exp/gold also, so it all builds up. Get shrines, get loads of stones, buy halls, get gems and other stuff smilie shrines start it all off. I'm personally considering saving for that dragon lair next, but, lots of gems........
mcquist5 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1010
#10 Posted: 22:47:57 19/09/2013
Chritall2, you can also scroll through the forum to find friend request links in which you should be able to pick up many new friends. IMO, its the best way to get more gems as it only costs you time.

My ID is: mcquist5
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me