Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Truly appalling decision [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 02:06:56 05/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Permanently removing a 3000-gem companion with only four days notice? That really is a new low for this game. Maybe if I put every gem I've earned from gifts for the last week towards buying him...? Oh, that's right - I didn't get any gems for the last week.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#2 Posted: 02:25:15 05/09/2013
Making him COST 3000 gems in the first place was an appalling decision. His impact on the game does not warrant a price that high.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#3 Posted: 02:50:22 05/09/2013
I understand the sentiment but I don't believe he's gone forever. If he's going to meet the Swap Force and they arrive in 6 weeks you could logic he will be back.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 03:01:47 05/09/2013 | Topic Creator
If he's in a travelling airship that goes between places on a daily basis, I can't logic the need for him to leave Lost Islands at all. He's probably the only character that can legitimately claim a place in BOTH the Lost Islands and the Cloudwhatever Islands at the same time.

And just exactly where are we going to source the companions from now? Are they going to rename Companion Headquarters to "The Place Where Flynn's Ship Used To Be"?
DarrenF Green Sparx Gems: 283
#5 Posted: 06:57:46 05/09/2013
I have heard rumors that Flynn and Cali may be actual playable (purchase able) characters in swap force. That may have something to do with the decision to pull them and perhaps reprogram them at this time.
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#6 Posted: 11:01:14 05/09/2013
Sorry, I did a bad job of making my point. Some spoke to Activision in the Swap Force booth at a trade show and they said that the plan was to have the Swap Force available in Lost Islands right at the release for the consoles. My guess is the change is made to drum up some business (drain gems) from the players before a massive influx of new characters to create demand resulting in more gem sales.
DarrenF Green Sparx Gems: 283
#7 Posted: 13:31:04 05/09/2013
That makes sense given that all giants are on sale and giant houses are back. They want us to use our gems now so we have to buy more later.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me