Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Darkness of Two Worlds [CLOSED]
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#51 Posted: 17:37:04 15/09/2013 | Topic Creator
He'll never learn... *sigh* BTW, all of these smilies you're using crack me up!

And we have officially gotten to page 2!!! Thanks everybody!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:49 15/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
#52 Posted: 21:20:29 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for slacking so much recently... [User Posted Image] And I was bored... My pic stinks! smilie
#53 Posted: 01:03:28 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yay! I finally got off my lazy butt and updated! *imaginary crowd cheers* Ahem. *imaginary crowd quiets down* Here it is...

~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~{~}~

Chapter 17, Swordfight

Blast Zone watched as the two Water Swaplanders fought violently. Freeze Blade had skills Blast had never know about, and the furnace knight doubted Wash Buckler did either. The ice cat kicked out with both feet in quick repetition, his blades slicing the air or Wash Buckler's sword. Luckily he hadn't gashed anyone yet. Klang! Blade hit blade. "You thought I was a joke for too long. That Freeze Blade is gone. This is the new me. And you are surprised, aren't you?" Freeze Blade growled. Blast Zone honestly couldn't remember what Freeze Blade was like before the Swaplanders had gotten nasty with each other. Klang! Blast Zone rocketed in and burned Freeze Blade any opening he got. Thin ice covered the cavern floor. "Freeze? What has happened to my favorite little kitty?" Wash Buckler taunted as he swung his cutlass. "ACK! Kitty? You'll take me seriously soon enough..." Freeze stopped attacking and dogded backward, avoiding Wash Buckler as he shot Blast Zone with a frigid beam of ice from his eyes. "Urk!" Blast Zone crashed and slid across the floor, the Water Elemental attack doing extra damage due to his Fire belonging. Freeze Blade skated over to the the knight, and smirked an evil smile. He froze his feet and sharpened his skate blades by scrapping them on the ground. "Time's up..." He kicked out, confused when Blast Zone still lie in the same spot as though nothing has happened. He blinked in surprise when he realized that Wash Buckler had taken the hit. "Wash Buckler!" Blast Zone lurched forward. "Wow, that must've taken quite a number on you..." Freeze Blade looked at the fallen pirate with satisfaction. "Wash Buckler? Why?" Blast Zone groaned, rolling over to see his teammate. And now as he dared to call him, his friend. "You risked your life to save me. There is no exceptable reason why I shouldn't do the same." Blast Zone's body flared with burning blue flame. Shadows danced across the walls of the small cave, and Freeze Blade turned around. "No, your time's up." Blast Zone exploded in a bright inferno, his body crashing into Freeze Blade and smacking him into the wall. "Woah, he's not dead, is he?" "Nope Wash," Blast Zone smiled weakly as he examined the weak body. "just unconscious." "Hey guys! We've all been- Oh my Eon you..."

Enjoy! Cuz' I still have nothing to say! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:33 17/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
#54 Posted: 22:12:34 18/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks SiA!

Chapter 18, Cure

"We didn't kill him!" Blast Zone raised his gloved hands in defense. "This isn't what it looks like...!" Hoot Loop crossed his arms. "Really? What is it then? The rest of us have been searching this entire mine in these mine carts for you!!" "At least you got what you wanted..." Rubble whispered. Doom Stone nodded. "Why are they always back talking...?" Fire Kraken thought to himself. He had always been non-violent, but his usual crazy, energetic self had faded after the team fell apart. "He went super-ultra-crazy-psycho on us, he we not knocked him unconscious Freeze would have killed us!" "Yeah, the mate's knocked out cold!" Wash Buckler watched as no-one laughed at his cheesy joke. "..." He frowned. "So I was right!" Hoot Loop jumped with joy. "Um, not really. You gave him a way to get us alone." "Noooo," He shook his head. "That's what Freeze said while... Oh. I must have heard him wrong..." "You WHAT?! I'm basically smoked octopus right now!" Some 'Landers laughed, even though Wash wasn't intentionally being funny. "I'm sorry! He spoke really muttered, and in segments... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have dragged you all out..." The owl sat down on the cave floor, defeated. "It's fine, now we know nothing's here. We can go back to the Mainland now, no harm done." Trap Shadow growled, doing his best to be comforting, although it just came out cold. Wash Buckler almost exploded with fury, but Hoot spoke first. "Really?" He got to his feet, his spirits lifted. "Maybe we should find a cure. I mean, he's not going to be out forever. I don't want to be killed." Night Shift got back in the cart. "Come on you guys, let's get outta here." They got over to the carts and started rolling down the railway towards the exit.

"How do we cure Freeze?" Fire Kraken poked the Water Swaplander with a claw. He was in the last cart, and it was just him and Freeze Blade. "I don't want to die either." He huddled himself against one corner, while the cat lay limp on the other side. "I heard that there is a Magical Pharmacy a couple hundred miles away..." Trap Shadow looked down, hiding his face. "A 'Magical Pharmacy?' Really?" Rubble scoffed, him a sarcastic look. "I know, but it's true!" Trap reddened in spite of himself. "I'll believe that pack of lies when... when... NEVER! Besides, we need to help Eon. He probably thinks we dead by now! If, you know, he didn't have any powers and stuff and didn't know we are alive." "Plus, a couple hundred miles? How are we supposed to get there?" Spy Rise chipped in. " I don't know!" Trap Shadow shouted. "I know we should get back, but after Fire mentioned it, I realized that we CAN'T LET A PSYCHOTIC KILLER CAT GO AFTER PEOPLE!!" Fire Kraken ducked his head and covered his ears, ashamed he had started a fight. But the fight raged on, even as the carts reached the entrance and everyone exited them.

The Skylanders finally stopped arguing later that evening, and they decided that after Night Shift contacted Eon to tell them the plan him and Hoot Loop would try to find a way to channel their teleporting abilities and use them in unison, so that the power would be strong enough to warp everyone to the 'Magic Pharmacy.' "Are you sure this will work?" Fire Kraken shivered, afraid of the worst as his imagination ran wild. "It'll be fine." Stink Bomb comforted the Fire Swapper, something the quiet ninja had recently grown to do often. "Okay, we're ready." Night Shift called the Skylanders near. "Are you sure?" Stink placed his paw on Fire's shoulder. "I know we only have one shot and it's-" Night Shift got cut off suddenly when Stink Bomb glared at him. "But I'm confident." The boxer nodded. "Okay..." "Everyone, hold hands or whatever you have and me and Night should be- I mean, more than able to get us there, heheh!" Hoot Loop held hands with Night Shift and Trap Shadow. "Everyone ready?" "Yep!" The team called in unison. Well, almost the entire team. "No..." Fire Kraken whimpered, and clutched Stink Bomb and a limp Freeze Blade's hands tighter. And after a loud whoosh, they disappeared into the humid air.

Three cheers for a longish chapter again! smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:39:36 21/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
#55 Posted: 22:21:59 18/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I know right? And this cracks me up when I picture innocent little Freeze Blade... Quote:
we CAN'T LET A PSYCHOTIC KILLER CAT GO AFTER PEOPLE!!
smilie I'm sorry, it does! Hahaha
#56 Posted: 23:09:14 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
So does this: Quote:
He went super-ultra-crazy-psycho on us,
smilie I crack myself up... Anyways, next chapter!

Chapter 19, Pharmacy (for lack of a better title)

"We're here! I mean, of course we're here! Heheh..." Hoot Loop shied away from Stink Bomb's gaze as the skunk tried to teach Fire Kraken some deep breathing techniques. "In... Out... I am... Calm..." Fire Kraken had his legs crossed like a pretzel. "In... Out... I am... -" "AWESOME!! WOWTHISREALLYGIVESYA'AJOLT,HUH?" Magna Charge wheeled around, repeating words at light speed. "Hey, hey!" Stink Bomb opened one eye, trying not to break concentration. "I thought we came here for a cure, not yoga class. Come on you guys, if we don't hurry you-know-who is gonna wake up." Doom Stone pointed at the 'crazy kitty', who's ear twitched. "Ack! He's waking up!! Hurry in!" Everyone ran inside, dragging Freeze by one arm.

"Hi, we need some 'all curing able to fix psychotic cat' elixirs, potions, spells or whatever you have here." Wash Buckler proclaimed to a dark back room beyond the check-out counters as he tapped his tentacle-like fingers on the counter. " I doubt they heard you, let alone knows what you are talking about," Blast Zone said as he stood next to the pirate. "try getting his attention first." "Don't tell me how to do my job." Wash Buckler stared on nonchalantly. But how they ignored the racket the others were making in the shop is a real mystery...

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

As I crept forward silently, I grinned in satisfaction as I realized my target had no clue I was there. Holding my breath, I quickly slunk ahead, unsheathing my claws as inspected my target's nail polish choices... "Boo!" I pop out from behind a corner, startling Night Shift as he dropped nail polish. Nail Polish? Eon knows if he actually has fingers, let alone nails...

"What's with the polish Night?" "It's not for me," He sighed, irritated. "It's for Roller Brawl. She lost her brothers, her family. I'm the closest thing she has. No Skylanders left behind!" He raised his fist with determination, only for pink to drip off of his glove. He groaned. "Really Trap? I was doing a favor, and you ruined it. You pick the worst times, this is gonna take forever to wash out..." He inspected the 'damage.' Other than his car, his gloves were probably his next favorite thing. "Sorry! I just can't help but to be proud... I startled a Undead Skylander! My fans back at the Mainland are gonna flip! I'm gonna go try and scare some other Swappers!" Trap Shadow darted away. "Aren't you going to help me clean this up?" No response. Night Shift moaned as he looked at the broken glass and polish scattered everywhere.

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

"Sorry we got interrupted earlier." I apologized to Fire Kraken as we strolled through the empty aisles. "It's okay." He loosely messed with the items on the shelves, as though something was distracting him. "Are you okay?" "Uh, yeah." He seemed taken aback by my question. Something's up... "Hey, this will take awhile, so do you want to walk around outside?" "Of course!" He brightened up. I smiled. People tell me I'm good at reading others, although I don't say what's not needed. I agree with it 100%. Why say things when all you need to find what you want to know is your eyes? Fire Kraken led the way outside, and as we left, the view was stunning. Before, everyone was arguing out here, clouding the area with useless chatter that hung over us like a thick fog. But since they were still inside, the fog was lifted. The 'pharmacy' was very high up, an there were many stairs steps heading down the mountain. If you went down them, you would be in a small valley, as this area was surrounded by mountains. That's what Hoot Loop and Night Shift had to teleport over, I think to myself. This mountain range. "Can we head down and explore the valley?" "Why not." I shrug and smile as he races down the steps. Why has it been so long? Is happiness just now returning to him? I sigh as I head down the stairs. Sometimes there are just too many questions and not enough answers. But I'll get to the bottom of this. It seems innocent and harmless, but there is something, lurking in the shadows, just waiting to strike...

The next chapter is going to kinda be like a part 2 to this chapter (maybe and hopefully not a part 3), this is a longish section of the story. Anyways, as always, hope you enjoyed! smilie
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:45:41 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
#57 Posted: 00:46:15 22/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Next chapter! smilie

Chapter 20, Pharmacy part 2

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

It was getting annoying, waiting for the person behind the counter, supposedly in a dark room a good couple feet from the counter. The waiting wasn't the annoying part. Wash Buckler was. He kept on yelling for the person behind the counter, sighing, tapping his fingers on the counter and was playing rock-paper-scissors with himself. He's a terrible waiter. And here I am, thinking you are constantly waiting out on the high seas. You'd think he had some experience with how to wait without driving others bonkers, but no. Worst of all, he seemed oblivious to the fact that the others weren't here at the counter with us... Eon knows what they were getting into...

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

"Whoo hoo!!" I yelped as I raced down the aisles. My voice, although a real voice, had a robotic 'tint' to it, so it tends to be loud if I'm speaking loud, and hard to understand if quiet, as the robot sticks out. So, I just had a tendency to talk loudly. "YEEE-HAWW!" "Ahh!! Magna Cha-" "Ugh!" I got knocked back, smashing into a cough syrup display. "Ick!" I rocket forward, escaping the deathly smelling medicine. "Woah, back up!" Spy Rise pulled himself off of the ground. "Watch where ya' going!" "Sorry!" "What were ya' doing?" "Oh, um... Just... Then... Yeah." "Oh, cool. Can I join ya'?" "Yup. Okay, one, two..." And we both shouted "WHOO HOO!!" At the same time. Of course, I had to ease off the gas a little, Spy Rise isn't exactly as fast as me. Oh well. It was fun. But in the end, we had better ideas...

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

"Wow..." I gaze at the around at the beautiful scenery. Stink Bomb joins me a couple seconds later. The setting Sun hits the mountains at just the right angle, and it's a little misty out, so it seems like there is orange clouds surrounding the area. It's really quite stunning. Towards the other side, it is much darker, as the Moon will be rising there. I grab my baton as inspiration shoots through me. I look at Stink Bomb, who appears to be lost in his own thought. "Do you mind?" I ask him, as I raise my baton. "No, go ahead." He turns back towards the dark side of the valley, again in his own mind. I lift the baton to my face, about to blow a small flame to light it, when Stink Bomb stops me. "Can you lit it without using any fire-breathing?" "No, why?" "I can teach you how." I must have given him quite the incredulous look, because he kept talking, something he never does. "Channel your feelings, whatever feeling fuels you. Channel it and just do your thing. It'll light by it's self." "Really?" "Really." I couldn't believe it. "How do you know?" I inquire, cocking my head slightly. "I just do. Something's you don't need to experience to know how to do it." I decided in my head that that was a pretty reasonable answer. "Okay, I'll try." I get into a starting position, and I think about things. The team. The sunset. Finally having someone who'll listen to me. Various emotions flow through me as I twirl my baton. And, like a miracle, it sparks, then maintains a steady flame on both ends. I nearly jumped back in surprise. "Wow! That's so cool! Thanks a ton!" He nods in return. I gaze at my now flaming baton, it's fire outlined against the darkening sky. "Hey Fire." "Yeah?" "Something's been bugging you... What is it?" The skunk sits on a nearby stone, and invites me to as well. I sit down. How did he know? "Um..." "You can tell me." "I... I wish our team was like how it used to be. When we didn't fight. When we all had our original, real personalities. Now we're just an excuse for what we were..." I sigh, slouching in defeat. "Mm hmm..." He looks out towards the sky where the first star glistened like a diamond in the moonlight, shining so bright... And yet so gentle. "I agree. I have a feeling... Something big is coming..." His words, to some, might have no meaning. But they meant a lot to me. If he had that feeling... Eon knows what's going to happen. Eon... I feel a little homesick. I miss the Mainland, and each day it becomes more urgent that we return. I yawn. "Come on Fire, we should get back. Wash Buckler and Blast Zone might have finally gotten a cure for Freeze."

Oh my goodness this Section is long. smilie I guess Part 3 it is! Hooray... Anyways, this was fun to write. It's interesting for me to write again!! Hooray for realzies!!

Side notes: In my opinion, there is/may be a Sun and Moon in Skylands. And no, Magna Charge isn't supposed to make sense. His character that I'm writing is energetic and not many can understand him. smilie
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:46:49 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
#58 Posted: 14:29:30 22/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Part 3...

Chapter 21, Pharmacy Part 3 (Noooooo...)

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

After Blast Zone and I were waiting for FOREVER, someone FINALLY appeared from that dark room. And you can be sure I gave Blast a 'told you so' look. The figure was strange, it was wearing a cloak and hood made of some foreign material that was black, but in the light it glimmered a light silver. "Hello! We have been waiting out here for quite a while, didn't ya' hear us?" No response. "Anyways, all we want is an elixir for our friend," I state, picking up the limp cat. "And then we'll be on our way. Of course, I want a discount for the long wait. Anyways, how much are we talking here?" The figure said nothing for a few seconds. Then it finally spoke: "A few seconds." "Huh?" The figure just walked... Err, I'm not quite sure of how it moves, it was covered by that cloak ad it looked quite strange. It 'moves' to the dark room, and emerged a second later, and set two bottles on the counter. It had kept them under the cloak until it slid them onto the counter, so I didn't even get to see it's hands, claws, paws, robot arm, or whatever it had for an arm or hand. One bottle was filled with some purple liquid, and the other was what appeared to be water that was in a flask. "The purple is for him," the figure turned towards Freeze Blade. "And the water is for you, as a apology for the wait. Open his mouth, I'll pour the potion down." I hold Freeze's jaws open, and the figure pours te elixir down his throat. It leaves the bottle quickly, and rushes out with a twinkling sound. "Now, water for you." I look at the flask. I'm not drinking what looks like a youngster's science experiment. "No thanks, I'm not thirsty." "You sure? This is pure, best water in all of the valley." He pushes the flask towards me, tempting me to drink it. But I stand firm. "No, I'm really okay." Blast zone nodded as though he agreed with me. "WHOOO HOOO!!" "What the...?" A yellow body flies over my head and hits the back wall, behind the figure. The body bumps into the figure, who knocks the water over, sending some down my throat. "Yuck! That's pure water?" The figure turns around and sees Spy Rise on the floor. "What...?" Blast Zone stared at Spy in confusion. "That was awesome..." Spy Rise jumped up. "Sorry weird person!" He scuttled away, leaving the cloaked figure on the floor. "I think we should leave now..." Blast Zone grabs Freeze and my and my arm and quickly shoots out the door. The rest of the Swappers followed us, leaving the figure on the floor. It lifted it's head and looked at the water flask. "Hmm..." It growls slightly, then falls back to they floor. "Don't... Leave... Yet..." It wheezed. But we were (obviously) already outside.

Enjoy~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:28 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#59 Posted: 17:13:24 22/09/2013
Very nice fan fic! It took me like an hour to get caught up with all these chapters.
---
My life is complete.
#60 Posted: 17:20:34 22/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi MagicFizz! I didn't even know you were reading! Thanks a ton! smilie
#61 Posted: 18:13:33 22/09/2013
Oh hello smilie lol
---
My life is complete.
#62 Posted: 18:22:11 22/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, hiya MagicFizz!! More fic~

Chapter 22, Mountainside

The sky was distorted with all shades of purple as the clouds swirled, making a vortex shape. The purple pulsed in color, it was quite hypnotizing, even more so than Hoot Loop's eyes. The Swappers all ran outside, only to be sucked into the sky's spell. The purple cloud descended upon them, and in no time at all, they disappeared.

"Wha...?" Hoot Loop glanced around. They seemed to be on slightly tilted land. "Where am I?" "Hoot Loop! There you are! Guys, over here!" Blast Zone led the others over to the owl. "Where are we?" Wash Buckler stepped forward. "We are on Mount Cloudbreak." "WHAT? How did we get all the way here??" "No clue." Wash shrugged. "Maybe you, Night and Trap can figure it out?" "Sure, after we get back to the Mainland." "We can't. It's pitch black out. I mean, I of course could fly all the way home, but for you guys' sake, we should build a camp and stay the night." Boom Jet puffed out his chest proudly. "Um, hello? Owl here? I can see just fine." "Good. Then you can help Rubble and I dig out a small little cave thing in the side of the mountain. If it storms, we'll need somewhere to stay." Grill Drilla said harshly. The gorilla was known for being a bit rough. "Oh, okay..." Hoot Loop sighed softly, it was late and he wanted to do something other than show the Diggers where to dig. "What are you guys going to do?" "Dunno. Maybe play Pirate Cards or something." Doom Stone looked over to where the others we're dragging over logs to sit on. "You brought cards?" "I did." Wash Buckler took off his hat, revealing cards nearly held together by a rubber band. "What kind if pirate would I be if I didn't bring cards with me?"

While Hoot Loop was helping Grilla Drilla and Rubble Rouser dig out a small base to stay the night in, the other Swappers were seated in a circle, talking about random things. "Hey Magna? Remember earlier? That was a riot!" "You bet Spy!" The two proceeded to do what seemed like a secret handshake. "What were you guys doing earlier? Wash and I were just talking with the stores person when Spy Rise flew through the air." "Yeah, and the mate knocked some nasty excuse for water in my mouth! What was that all about?" "Well, Magna and I knocked over some of the shelves to make a ramp, and then Magna Charge grabbed one of those crazy over-sized purses that are apparently, 'totally in' right now and I got inside. Then, he used his super fast wheel to drive up the ramp and threw me out of the purse at the last second. It was totally wicked!" Spy Rise finished. "..." "Hey everyone! The base is finished!" Everyone made haste in running inside.

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:09:38 23/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
#63 Posted: 12:35:48 25/09/2013
Let me guess
They get sucked in the volcano so that they can swap? If they do that is aweosme!!!!!
---
My life is complete.
#64 Posted: 19:09:20 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
PLOT SPOILER MUCH?!?! JK, I'm thinking about it. It may create plot holes, so I may or may not do it. *shrugs* But you are brilliant MagicFizz! smilie

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS POST PLEASE STILL READ THE FIC, THAT ONE FACT ISN'T GOING TO BE THE ONLY IMPORTANT EVENT COMING UP

Thank you for attending. *crowd applauds MagicFizz for such good insight on my fore-shadowing*
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#65 Posted: 19:10:46 25/09/2013
ah why not

STINK BOMB KISS STEALTH ELF ASAP, I KNOW YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HER!
#66 Posted: 19:22:34 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I can't tell without giving away teh plot (or what's left) . I don't ship Stealth Bomb ( smilie that name...) , but it's not too bad.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#67 Posted: 19:25:02 25/09/2013
well i think stink does have a feel smilie
#68 Posted: 19:51:45 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Maybe. smilie Thanks for commenting and reading you guys, sorry it's been so long without a chapter! smilie

Chapter 23, Futuristic Nightmare

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

I usually don't have dreams, but I did tonight. Pictures of our team flashed before my eyes. I tried screaming at them to stop, but they didn't. I don't even remember some of the memories. They surrounded me. A distant scream echoes. Dizzy, I closed my eyes...

...But they were still there. Thunder sounded. BOOM! Too many to count... BOOM! I feel sick, life's in fast-forward. BOOM! I'm losing it... BOOM! Suddenly it stops. A white flash, then purple pulses ripple through the bright white. I got a feeling that felt like something was pricking my arm. I see... A beam, shooting towards the sky. I can see flakes of snow where their white stands out against the purple. Swirls of black cascade down a mountain, spreading across the land like grape jelly on toast. Thunder cracks the sky like a whip, a sharp contrast against the blackness. As I see more I realize... "The mountain is Cloudbreak..." I shiver, and suddenly my dream fades. My sleeping brain slowly processes more, and a voice calls to me. "They'll need a sacrifice, one to bridge the gap, one to save Cloudbreak..."

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

The little cave-base was a pain to sleep in. Not only do I always feel more awake at night, I prefer being up high as opposed to under a huge mountain. Even if I did fall asleep, I would probably just have nightmares about the mountain crashing down... I shook my head. I shouldn't go outside, it could be dangerous and the others won't know where I am, 'nightmaring' about the mountain wasn't going to help. Maybe Stink Bomb's awake, he's usually meditating. I poke the skunk with a claw. No response. I poke him more times. "Stink Bomb?" I whisper, trying not to wake anyone else. But still no response. He shivers in his sleep, so I decide to leave him alone. I sigh, and go back to my nest (yes, I made one of nearby twigs) and try to fall asleep.

Sorry it's so short and late!!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:11 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#69 Posted: 20:41:24 25/09/2013
I. Love. This. Fic!

Outstanding job! You've created a very wonderful storyline!!!
smilie
---
A story.
#70 Posted: 20:44:39 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks a ton Uttster! smilie It makes me so happy to see others read this and enjoy it. smilie And see the mystery slowly unveil...
#71 Posted: 12:21:21 26/09/2013
Quote: Sky Airglow
Thanks a ton Uttster! smilie It makes me so happy to see others read this and enjoy it. smilie And see the mystery slowly unveil...

------
---
My life is complete.
#72 Posted: 21:49:01 26/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: MagicFizz

------

*evil laugh* Chapter 24 maybe later today, check back later!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:43 26/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
#73 Posted: 00:13:18 27/09/2013
I don't think there will be a new chapter today...................................
---
A story.
#74 Posted: 01:09:55 27/09/2013 | Topic Creator
How did you know?? smilie *sigh* Yeah, probably not. The next Chapter is gonna be long (I think), so I want to make sure it's good, not something I whipped up 20 minutes before my bedtime. smilie
#75 Posted: 23:18:22 27/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Prepare yourself...

Chapter 24, Winds of Change

Stink Bomb woke everyone (except Hoot Loop, who never fell asleep) and told them of his dream. He didn't speak up much, so although he was given a little more respect, he was still met with countless drowsy insults. With quiet determination he convinced everyone to journey to the top of the mountain. There was still constant bitterness, however.

The weak vegetation started to thin out as the mountain grew steeper. Trap Shadow had to keep picking Hoot Loop out of the snow, the poor "night owl" was exhausted. "Grr, come on Hoot! This is getting difficult..." The Magic Swaplander grabbed the owl and trusted him forward. Hoot Loop snored in response, his body dusted with snow. Fire Kraken, who was watching their ordeal, laughed to himself as Hoot Loop slowly got more covered in snow like a snowball. "My suckers can't get a grip..." Wash Buckler trudged on, horrified that he wouldn't be able to brag that his magnificent suckers got him up Mt. Cloudbreak. "More like you can't!" Boom Jet taunted as he flew without a care. The snow didn't even seem to bug him. "Aw, shut it." The octopus grunted. There was a stunned silence as everyone realized that, for once, Wash was too occupied to argue. Even the Digging Skylanders, who were drilling there way up seemed to notice. "Wow, some storm huh?" Free Ranger pointed towards the sky. "Yeah, everyone noticed and everyone lovesssss it." Rattle Shake sissed sarcastically. Free Ranger seemed taken aback by his comment, but said no more.

After a long few hours, it was finally late enough that Stink Bomb told the Drillers to drill another base. It was completed even faster than before, as everyone wanted out of the storm (except Free Ranger) and they all wanted to sleep. Hoot Loop would have most likely exploded with sheer joy if he hadn't been so tired. He didn't even build a nest, he just plopped down in the middle of the cave and fell asleep. Everyone else gathered around for a meeting.

"Everyone, I wanted to say... well, we've come a long way..." Wash Buckler started, wanting to lead the group. "I think I know what he's trying to say." Blast Zone looked at Wash, who strangely nodded in response. "We've all come a long way, some on accidents. But I also share a strange feeling," The furnace knight glanced towards Stink Bomb. "That something big awaits us on top of Mt.Cloudbreak. We've hit some bumps in the road, and things didn't quite make sense. But now, this is what I think this happened for. Tomorrow, after the blizzard slows down, we are going to head to the peak. Whatever we find... We'll deal with it then... But, for now... Thanks. We've constantly argued but... After this... Maybe we can be a close unit again." Fire Kraken flinched in surprise. He glanced at Stink Bomb, who merely winked and tilted his head towards Blast. 'He told him...' Fire Kraken's snout turned up in a wide smile. "Goodnight everyone. Make sure you're all ready for tomorrow. Don't go outside the cave, that blizzard will tear you apart." Blast Zone and Wash Buckler both turned and engaged in some conversation too quiet for anyone to hear, although they suspected it was planning for what was coming next. But was Stink Bomb the only one who thought they looked a little... Pale?

After everyone had fallen asleep, even Free, who stayed up late watching the storm, Boom Jet crept out, missile in hand. He knew he could fly in this weather, he'd done it a million times at least. He threw his bomb in the air and jumped on, surfing the blinding storm. The wind rushed around him as he tilted his body to match it. He loved windsurfing. It was more than a hobby, it was a profession, it was life. Forget life, it was air. He couldn't remember a time when he hadn't know how to windsurf. He grinned due to being out of breath... And full of peace. Despite the turbulent winds and the snowflakes clouding his vision, he was at peace. 'I belong here...' he thought to himself as he flew through the night.

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

While everyone else snored peacefully, I meditated in the small cave base. I looked around, keeping nothing in my mind when I broke out of focus at one sight. Boom Jet was missing. Sighing, I head outside. I already know where he is, who wouldn't? I look into the skies. Snow is everywhere, the night filled with the frantic flakes. 'Where is he...' I look around and spot two figures in the distance. I creep up behind them where they stand, still as statues. I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking a question. 'I can't give myself away!' What was strange? The figures were Wash Buckler and Blast Zone. I follow their line of vision and I see a small dot flitting around... 'Boom!' As I was about to ask what the Kaos is going on, Wash Buckler sticks his blade into his bubble gun and shoots it out into the sky. I suddenly realize their objective. 'NOOOO!' I scream and launch myself at them, but they fade into the literally thin air. The sword flies through the night until it hits it's target. I hear a screech, then see flames shooting through the darkness, emitted from the dot flitting around that was Boom Jet. It rockets down until it disappears. No sound is made. It just crashes silently. A shiver of pure horror creeps through me. 'Boom Jet is... gone...' I gulp. 'Not gone... Dead... Forever...'

Reactions? Was this chapter good? It was long, I'll give ya' that! smilie I'm kinda sad though... smilie But hey, I knew this was coming, you all didn't. Lemme know your thoughts on this!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:51 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#76 Posted: 23:50:10 27/09/2013
NUUUU! Boom Jet, I was just warming up to you....poor little sky surfer.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:28 28/09/2013 by BlueFox
#77 Posted: 02:08:41 28/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the comments! Yeah, it's kinda sad... But someone had to die! smilie ^ I dunno... He's arrogant. smilie Why Boom Jet? Stupid, arrogant little Boom Jet... smilie
#78 Posted: 02:25:38 28/09/2013
Awehome Chapt!!!!! Cant wait 4 te next 1!!!!!!!!
---
My life is complete.
#79 Posted: 02:29:00 28/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks a ton guys! I'm so happy you all liked the twist! But there's still more... I'm tired and sick right now, so chances are high not another chapter today... But some big stuff is happening, so I'll update tomorrow for sure. 'CUZ IT'S FINALLY SATURDAY!! smilie ~
#80 Posted: 12:03:16 28/09/2013
Hopw you feel better I WANT MOAR STORIES!!!!!

Lol jk. Get well soon though.
---
My life is complete.
#81 Posted: 16:16:29 28/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks so much MagicFizz!! smilie
#82 Posted: 00:23:28 03/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi everyone! I know it's been like, a week almost since the last chap, and I'm really sorry!! smilie I will try to never ever ever let that happen again! I'm still sick... But I'm a little bored and this really needed a update. So, without further ado, here's chapter 25! smilie

Chapter 25, Bombs... Gone?

Stink Bomb's claws grasped the fur on the top of his head. He kneeled down into the thick snow. He was not one to cry, or scream. He was merely overcome with shock. But soon grieving rage bubbled up through his body. He pulled himself up and stomped back towards the cave.

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

I ran (well, speed-trudged) through the snow. If Wash Buckler and Blast Zone thought they could get away with this, they had another thing coming. Grabbing both by the throats I pinned them against the base wall. "What the sheep Stink Bomb? We were sleepi-" I cut Blast Zone off by strengthening my grip. "Arrg!" Wash Buckler sputtered. "Why!? Why'd you kill Boom?" I growled, pushing my face in their's. "Ack?!" "Don't play dumb... I saw you both!! So unless you'll tell me..." I dig my claws in deeper. I wouldn't hurt or kill either of them, but that doesn't mean I didn't have the right to threaten them. They killed our teammate... Wash Buckler slapped his hand on the wall twice, and I released them both. They fell to the ground in a slumped heap. "What... Are you... Talking about?" Blast Zone gasped for breath. Looking back at that moment... I may have be a little rough. Wash Buckler couldn't even say a word and he seemed rather purple. "You know what I mean!!" I pulled Blast Zone up roughly, and, without him knowing, as I am a ninja, I prepare my paw, ready for a palm strike. "No... We don't..." Wash Buckler coughed. I stepped back. I realized something insane... They didn't kill Boom Jet! "No... Something's not right..." My hands go to my head. I trip over Hoot Loop, who was luckily still out like a light. "Well, spill it." Blast Zone said firmly. Wash Buckler still didn't have enough breath to talk, but he nodded vigorously.

Blast Zone's body flared, as it usually did when he was upset or angry. They both were in utter shock. They were stunned that one of our teammates had actually... Died. A few rays of sunshine broke through the clouds, but we all knew the blizzard would be back later. The Skylanders slowly woke up... I shivered when I realized that I would have to tell them as well.

Boom Jet's death did not go well with them... But we decided we could further discuss it after we journeyed up a little more, while the storm wasn't as bad.

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

We made another base. Before that, I learned. My best friend... Gone. It felt like there was a hole in me that would never be patched. I don't have words for it. It is honestly the loneliest feeling in the world. Every time I did something, all I could see was what was missing. Not as many smart remarks, or challenges, or...

~{~}~

The wind whipped at my feathers. The clouds spiraled over me. But I didn't notice. I looked out at the snowy slant across the gray storm. The group had let me out tonight, they understood that I needed this. As I stared out at the expanse I had to hold back screams of frustration. He could be anywhere on this entire mountain. I would never find him.

CRACK!

Enjoy~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:53 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
#83 Posted: 00:53:32 03/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I know. ;~; This Fic is so sad right now... It'll get... Yeah, can't make anymore promises. XP This Fic isn't going to end with a rainbow after the storm. XP But thanks SiA! smilie I'll try and update more, that's a promise! smilie
#84 Posted: 12:34:33 03/10/2013
Yay! Updation!

Poor Free doe! I would feel like that if my brother dies smilie Still. Three Cheers for Sky and his fan fics!

*crowd applauses and cheers* smilie
---
My life is complete.
#85 Posted: 16:06:36 04/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks you guys!! smilie Yeah, if any of my family died... R.I.P Sky Airglow ;~;
smilie" Yeah... And wow Chapter 26?! Okay, the thing is this Fic is getting to a biiiig point, ya know, like the climax or whatever? So yeah, I be needing some good inspiration. O3O It'll come... (I hope)

Chapter 26, Forewarnings

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

I had that dream again... And I can't help but feel that I need to tell the team. After Boom Jet... This, whatever is in that dream, is probably the cause of his death. I don't totally understand it. But I'd rather go with this and my instincts rather than just take stabs in the dark. But... I won't tell them about the sacrifice...

"Free Ranger! Get your tail feathers in here now!!" Grilla Drilla screamed from the base entrance. CRACK! Purple lightning crashed down on the side of the mountain. Snow thrashed wildly trough the busy air. Free Ranger jumped back, dodging the the electricity by a inch. He ran inside, not using a tornado as the mountain was unstable already. CRACK! Thunder boomed directly overhead. It was louder and angrier than any other storm Free had ever seen or jumped into. "I know you're upset but pay some attention!" "Sorry, I didn't realize..." The chicken trailed off. Grilla was about to apologize, but Free Ranger left him to see the others, who were gathered around talking about something.

"Free! There you are! I knew you were outside, but this is some storm..." Wash Buckler said. "Join in, Stink Bomb was about to tell us somethin' when that lightning started up." Free Ranger sat down in the crudely shaped circle that was crowded in the safety of the cave. "Everyone. I have had a dream... A dream where I can see a mountain resembling Cloudbreak, having a purple beam coming from the peak shoot into the sky! There is a nasty storm," Free Ranger glanced outside as thunder resonated through the area. "And it looks like what it is now... I think we need to get to the peak ASAP. Something's up there waiting for us... And I think it may have killed Boom." Silence struck the Skylanders until they all silently agreed. Boom's death was still a mystery, and everyone, Free especially, was eager to avenge it. He could have died for no reason, just for a random trip. All of the coincidences must mean something. They were climbing Cloudbreak for a reason. They just needed to figure it out. And the answer may just be at the peak... So it was decided. They would all prepare, then head to the peak whenever they were ready. CRACK! Fire Kraken shivered at the storm's intensity. While he was definitely upset about Boom Jet, he was afraid of what could be at the peak. He hoped everyone took long enough to wait out the storm at least a little bit.

"Hey Wash!" "Yeah Spy?" "How's Freeze Blade?" "Not any worse... He's over there, you should go check in him yourself." Spy Rise headed over to the feline, his fingers crossed he was okay enough to fight whatever was at the peak. If anything was there, that is. Spy Rise had decided that it was likely that something was there anyways. 'Hopefully that pharmacy medicine actually worked...' "Freeze...?" Freeze Blade was still. "Heeeellloooo? Anyone home...?"

Cliffhanger cuz' I'm eeeeevilll! smilie Sorry, but I had to... I'll try to not keep you all waiting too long. ;3 Anyways, enjoy~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:19 06/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
#86 Posted: 02:51:35 05/10/2013
Yay! Chaptar!
---
My life is complete.
#87 Posted: 04:02:57 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Yup! :3 I'm happy someone commented, smilie is awfully quiet today...
#88 Posted: 18:16:20 05/10/2013
I love this story so much!
Bravo, Sky Airglow!

(Hehee, that rhymes.)

smilie
---
A story.
#89 Posted: 16:30:38 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Aww, thanks you guys! smilie

Chapter 27, Emptiness and Plans... Delayed?

Freeze Blade's ear twitched. Spy Rise sighed in relief. He had been worried the cat was dead. Eon knows how they would cope with two lives lost. Freeze Blade stretched his legs, then opened his eyes. And screamed.

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

I looked around. Where am I? I don't remember a thing... I see a strange figure with multiple legs looming over me, and I scream and scuttle backwards, only to feel a cold, hard rocky wall. I gulp nervously. What does this guy want with me? I swipe out with my legs, tripping him, and I skate out of this cave-prison. Or at least that's what I think it was. A blast of snow blinds me, and I feel a slimy limb grab me by the shoulder and haul me inside. I gasp. A octopus is staring me down! His mouth moves, but I don't hear the words. Flattening my ears and baring my teeth, I decide the only way out of this is a fight. But more creatures surround me, and I regret my choice. Shrinking down, I prey they don't kill me.

"What the sheep are you doing Freeze Blade?" Wash Buckler yelled at the cat, who seemed to ignore him. The other Swaplanders gather around. Freeze Blade hisses and bares his teeth, but as he sees the Skylanders' questioning glances he slowly backs down onto the ground and puts his paws in the air, as though he was under arrest. "What is going on?" Spy Rise clambered over to the group. "Freeze Blade, explanations?" Freeze Blade looks at Spy Rise, his eyes full of a mix between hostility, confusion and a completely terrified look. But yet he seemed... Empty. "Freeze, we need to be leaving now. No games..." Grilla Drilla growled. The ice cat wasn't known for tricks and games, but he could be random sometimes. Freeze Blade looked up and seemed to understand a little. "W-who are you?"

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

The... 'things' kept moving their mouths, but I still couldn't hear them. After a little, I could hear them, although they had strange voices. Echoing, ringing voices that passively taunted me. "W-who are you?" I ask. Don't ask me how I could skate or talk or any of that, because to this day even I don't know. Or remember. They give me shocked stares, and I consider leaving again. I could get out of here in a flash, just one little headstart and I cou- "What do you mean, who?" A weird thing with a angry face and hairy legs lightly bonks me in the head with his fist. "Like, heellllllo? We're the Skylanders, duh!" A creature with a single green wheel and a matching eye proclaimed, giving the oddest of laughs. Skylanders? Not ringing any bells. Only giving me a nasty headache. This is going nowhere fast... I sigh in frustration. If I could remember, or get any info out of these things, then it would be a miracle, because I remember nothing...

Now that we have the SSF smilies, I need to go fix all of the other POV sections!
#90 Posted: 00:04:36 07/10/2013
What the Free Kraken? Keep it up? Tho, Freeze Blade's randomnness...I hope it is explained. Can't wait for the next one!
---
My life is complete.
#91 Posted: 00:27:32 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
It will be. And Free Kraken? You get that from me? smilie Thanks! And everything will make sense... Eventually.
#92 Posted: 12:37:45 07/10/2013
It will be. And Free Kraken? You get that from me? smilie Thanks! And everything will make sense... Eventually.

(Actually I got the Free from you but I put Kraken after to sound like Freak, like, what the freak? (If you get my drift here))
---
My life is complete.
#93 Posted: 19:07:38 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I get your drift... I may use tha- *shot*

Okay, another chapter! Now, I had this story all planned out but it wasn't going to focus on smilie so much, sorry if it's getting annoying...

Chapter 28, Explanations

Freeze Blade growled. He was tired of everyone trying to tell him thing that were supposedly true. He couldn't really hear them to well anyways. The hearing he had was dimming, and it was probably them talking to him to much. Grilla Drilla must've been annoyed as well. "Alright you guys. We know he's not gonna' get it. Can't ya'll just-" CRACK!! Lightning snapped through the air, louder than it was before. "Great! The storm's up again. Now let's all just hurry up and climb to the peak so we can leave this blasted mountain!" Grilla got up and stomped to the exit of the base. "Anyone going to join me?" Everyone sighed in annoyance and got up as well. Freeze Blade snorted. The seemed to be leaving. 'Good riddance...' He thought to himself, but it wasn't long before Grilla Drilla noticed and roughly dragged him out of the cave. CRACK!!

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

Great. I can't hear a thing and now these freaks are dragging me along with them. The snow was chilly as I was pulled along, and I'm sure my arm was going to be bruised, but that was the least of my concerns right now. I bit the hairy arm the was dragging me and I skate ahead the group. If it hurt him, I wouldn't know. I couldn't hear. His arm tasted awful. Did he know what a shower was? Suddenly he pulls me to the ground. He has a nasty expression and my vision blurs form the impact. I feel so disabled... No vision or hearing. CRACK!!

~{~}~smilie's POV~{~}~

Lightning strikes the ground, and Freeze falls unconscious. Good, now I don't have to deal with him awake. Maybe he'll get his brain back. I throw his limp body over my shoulder and continue using my arms to half-walk-half-leap up the mountain. The sooner we finish this, the better.

The group journeyed through the harsh weather until a booming voice thundered through the storm. A very... recognizable voice, to say the least.

Sorry for short chap! smilie And another cliffhanger! smilie I'll probs post more later, don't worry. Plus, I have off school tomorrow! smilie Anyways, enjoy~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:55 07/10/2013 by Sky Airglow
#94 Posted: 20:55:19 07/10/2013

Okay, another chapter! I had this all planned out but it wasn't going to focus on smilie so much, sorry if it's getting annoying...

Chapter 28, Explanations, Excuses or Ideas? (Or a boring Chapter title)

~To be written, the crazy kids on my bus are screaming and I can't write. smilie~

I feel you bro.
---
My life is complete.
#95 Posted: 21:21:46 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: MagicFizz

Okay, another chapter! I had this all planned out but it wasn't going to focus on smilie so much, sorry if it's getting annoying...

Chapter 28, Explanations, Excuses or Ideas? (Or a boring Chapter title)

~To be written, the crazy kids on my bus are screaming and I can't write. smilie~

I feel you bro.

Cool. They are so annoying... One even stuck his face in mine (I was starting my chapter post) and said "Whatcha' doin' there?" I gave him a Whhaaat? Look. Then I hit post and turned away from all the crazy kids and looked out the window. And to make it worse, we had a sub. bus driver. 10 extra minutes. The kids countinued high-pitched screams. smilie

Anyways, enough of my complaining, POST 100 BABY!!!

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me