Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
So, Tuesday? [CLOSED]
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#1 Posted: 23:28:10 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
My favorite part of thus site is all the international players that tip us off to the events.

You are letting me down! I have no ability to deal with suspense....
---
Activate name: Charred
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#2 Posted: 23:41:47 02/09/2013
It appears to be:

50% off Arbo
Double Energy
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#3 Posted: 03:11:08 03/09/2013
dark? Well, nice!
#4 Posted: 10:47:54 03/09/2013 | Topic Creator
They are getting a bit desperate with the expensive companions.

A whole weekend of 50% off wasn't enough?
---
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#5 Posted: 14:14:49 03/09/2013
Can the people still running on Tuesday please monitor their payout of energy from their crops.

I didn't seem to get it but have had the payout at midnight instead. Midnight has come and gone with no bonus.

Thanks
---
banksia123
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#6 Posted: 15:10:38 03/09/2013
Hmm... looks like you don't get double energy if you use Beatrees to collect the energy but you do if you do it manually. Brilliant. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 15:13:45 03/09/2013
Doh! Good to know. smilie
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#8 Posted: 17:04:02 03/09/2013
Quote: dark52
Hmm... looks like you don't get double energy if you use Beatrees to collect the energy but you do if you do it manually. Brilliant. smilie

I'm fairly certain this is wrong. At least it is for me. It works the same with Beatrees as it does without.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
kluless3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1131
#9 Posted: 17:10:34 03/09/2013
I tried this with some quick, 1 minute energies and it is true for me. I do not get double energy when I harvest with Beatrees. I'm glad I looked at this posting today, all that wasted energy!
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#10 Posted: 18:27:54 03/09/2013
I just double and triple checked as well. It is in fact working for me. I don't know why it wouldn't for others. Is it working for anyone else?
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#11 Posted: 19:30:10 03/09/2013
Well, I got 2,700 energy from overnight Domedelions.
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#12 Posted: 20:20:53 03/09/2013
Quote: Lash
I just double and triple checked as well. It is in fact working for me. I don't know why it wouldn't for others. Is it working for anyone else?

It did not work for me either when using Beastrees, bit of a bummer since I didn't check this thread til lunch.
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
LCCCTWN Green Sparx Gems: 175
#13 Posted: 20:39:04 03/09/2013
Interesting.... I just checked mine. I planted 40 fields of luminaries 9 of which are radiant so they already double my energy (my game shows I should get 220 energy from each normal field. That means I should get 660 from each of the 9 radiant fields.) I have Ol' Mac who should also give me double energy (I don't know if his increase already shows in my game, I don't remember if luminaries only gave me 110 energy before, but let's assume it does). I went from 2,663,685 to 2,673,695 energy after harvesting using Beatrees. An increase of only 10,010 energy. Even without the double energy for today, I should have gotten over 12,000 energy (660*9=5,940 and 220*31=6,820 ... 5940+6820=12,760) so something seems off here (unless I am just doing the math incorrectly). I have planted the exact same thing again, and will see what my increase energy is if I don't use Beatrees to harvest. Someone please check to see if I am doing the math incorrectly!!!!

Edit : I was doing the math wrong, I should only get 330 for the radiant fields... but even with that I should be getting close to 20,000 energy, not just 10,000.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:56 03/09/2013 by LCCCTWN
LCCCTWN Green Sparx Gems: 175
#14 Posted: 21:24:22 03/09/2013
I harvested iluminaries again, this time NOT using Beatrees. I went from 2,673,705 to 2,693,285 an increase of 19,580 energy. Clearly using Beatrees is NOT a good idea!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#15 Posted: 16:01:04 04/09/2013
I wish I had known. I saw discussion, but there was only one person saying it wasn't working and other saying it was. I didn't bother checking as I didn't have the time. Oh well. It's such a pain to plant/harvest, that I don't like doing it without Beatrees. It's a little easier to harvest (since you get the little bubbles to click on), so I wonder if you plant with Beatrees and harvested individually if it would work. Either way, they should have let you get double energy with or without her.
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#16 Posted: 16:15:59 04/09/2013
yep, I saw this post yesterday at the end of the day and got one grave diggers with double energy...........if I had known I wouldn't have used Beatrees the whole day since it only saves you about 15-30 secs of tapping.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#17 Posted: 19:07:33 04/09/2013
My experience was that only harvesting mattered. Planting with Beatrees didn't seem to affect it either way. I don't think the devs did it on purpose. I'm sure it was a mistake in the coding.
#18 Posted: 20:43:27 04/09/2013
We should be happy they put out so many updates to the game (and I am), but I guess the downside is they miss some things from time to time.
---
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#19 Posted: 15:56:09 05/09/2013
I appreciate all the updates this game gets. Overall it's more supported than a lot of the tap games I've played. But there have been so many little bugs lately. I'm disappointed in Beatrees issue because I didn't realize this bug until later and there is no reason double energy shouldn't have counted, but it was a free promotion so not too much I can complain about.
I am holding off purchasing gems until things run more smoothly again (this might cut back profits by maybe $5/month, so I'm sure it will be noticed ;-p)
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#20 Posted: 16:08:37 05/09/2013
Hopefully people are taking a page from Woz's book and reporting issues directly to Activision. It seems like most issues are fixed in the following weeks silent update but the debs can't fix the problem if they don't know it exist.
#21 Posted: 22:54:44 05/09/2013
Is there a way other than Facebook? I don't use Facebook and when I've tried to report a problem through the App Store it links me to the activision help q&a page but I can't find a place to report a problem.
---
#22 Posted: 23:35:52 05/09/2013
Same here.
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#23 Posted: 02:40:07 06/09/2013
Activision's website is useless - all its support options have been disabled. The only option left is the facebook page. It's not my favourite option either. Hell, I don't have a single friend on facebook, and I like it that way. I created my facebook page just to report the damn problems I was having with Lost Islands.
#24 Posted: 03:03:01 06/09/2013
Thanks
---
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#25 Posted: 16:32:57 09/09/2013
Super Tuesday - Sept 10th
- 2x Kingdom XP
- all decorations 50% off
#26 Posted: 17:11:35 09/09/2013
ALL decorations, including shrines? Dang. I'll be spending some gems...
---
snowknife Green Sparx Gems: 372
#27 Posted: 18:20:12 09/09/2013
Yep, including shrines.
#28 Posted: 22:28:03 09/09/2013
Quote: midas73
ALL decorations, including shrines? Dang. I'll be spending some gems...

All shrines? Dang. First time I've ever considered BUYING some gems.
#29 Posted: 02:16:41 10/09/2013
Just got a 150 gems for $.99 offer. So a shrine for $.99. Doesn't sound so bad... I'm still going to hold out for 300/$.99 though.
---
#30 Posted: 09:57:35 10/09/2013
I'm debating on going ahead and buying a couple of shrines. I was trying to save up for an alt house hoping for a quest. But since they didn't have a quest for Autumn Stump Smash's hut (at least, yet), I wonder if I should just go ahead and pick up a couple of shrines. I figure the extra wish stones I'd get in a month could get me a Hall of Legends, so it would balance out. Although I only have 2 Legendary figures, so I can only get 2 Hall of Legends. I only need Flashwing and Bouncer (since I have Jade and the Legendary of those, I didn't pick up the regulars) to complete my non special/Legendary collection, so maybe when I do some spinning, I will pick up some more Legendaries.
Cheshire Blue Sparx Gems: 578
#31 Posted: 11:32:29 10/09/2013
I spaced out my buildings and surrounded them with pumpkins, but that's it for today
---
Activate username: GilGrunt1969 Add me on Lost Islands!
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#32 Posted: 12:42:07 10/09/2013
Yeah IMO without the quest for stump it's a good idea to pick up a few shrines. I was shocked when I got a couple shrines because it starts to add up quickly. Remember you also get the gold bonus for every shrine if the element of the day aligns with your shrine. Personally I've been throwing stones in every couple days since the start of the wishing weekend, I went from 2 to 9 now. I'm now saving for a couple hall even though I have no legendary characters.
#33 Posted: 13:41:26 10/09/2013
I bought 2 shrines and currently have about 300 gems. I now have shrines in 6 elements. I could get shrines in the last 2 elements or save the gems for either Stumpy's house or for next month's ego. Not sure yet what I'll do.
---
#34 Posted: 13:47:05 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Focus on shrines that help your crops. The air, water and life shrines are kind of useless because of their short duration and small payout.
---
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#35 Posted: 14:07:18 10/09/2013
OK can some one please explain how this shrine thing works.

I now have 3 fire shrines.

Does the bonus(whatever it is) only apply on element of the day?

Thanks
---
banksia123
#36 Posted: 14:15:00 10/09/2013
Thanks for the info on which shrines to get. At first, I wondered if there was any stats on a certain element of the day coming up more often to get more wish stones. I figured it's mostly even or random. I had forgotten about the element of the day bonuses. What are the bonuses? Are they gold, crops or both? That might help me decide on shrines. I already have a magic & undead. Thinking fire & earth would be the best since I usually use those crops more.
#37 Posted: 14:39:36 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Right, so on fire days you get 30% more gold from missions and sanctuaries and 30% more energy. This is addition to the base 10% bonus.

So on fire days, plant fire crops like mad, run missions, fill your sanctuary and collect those wish stones.
---
#38 Posted: 14:46:48 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
The thing to remember around shrines is they do 3 things on when they are the same as the element of the day:
-you get a wishstone each hour
-you get a 10% gold bonus to missions and sanctuaries for each shrine you have (in addition to the 10% element of the day bonus)
-you get 10% more energy to crops for each shrine you have (in addition to the element of the day bonus)

So, the third point is only really useful for the longer crops like fire, earth, undead and tech. Water, air and life give you only 2 of those bonuses unless you hover over the game for long periods of time harvesting crops every 1-10 minutes.

It is very possible to generate enough energy on fire, earth, undead, tech days to sustain you through the other 4.
---
#39 Posted: 15:05:12 10/09/2013
This is a good discussion. Charred is always way ahead of me on thinking these things through. I was thinking about whether I should get one shrine of each element or start getting multiple shrines of certain elements (as Charred suggests). I hadn't really thought about the energy bonus as a factor, though. I'm not positive this is correct, and somebody good at math can probably tell me one way or the other, but my theory is that , assuming that the element of the day is truly random, then it shouldn't matter what element shrine you purchase--it should all come out in the wash. If you have 8 fire shrines, you should have a fire day on average every 8 days. That would be the same as having one shrine of every element and having each element of the day over those 8 days. The problems with this theory are 1: Small sample sizes will not produce average results--you may go 16 days with no fire days and it would only work out over 100s of days and we may not be playing this game for long enough for things to average out; and 2: I may not be able to play actively every day and what happens when my fire days come on a day that I'm away from my iPad?

I'm thinking the best solution is to have one of each shrine (so you're always somewhat covered) and then start stacking multiple shrines in the elements that benefit you the most in terms of energy bonus payouts. So the first step is to get one of each shrine.

Charred, is that basically what you're doing/did?
---
#40 Posted: 15:29:02 10/09/2013
I'd rather have one of every shrine than a high number of just one. The element of the day is random not a round robin. Just because the element is water today doesn't mean you will see water next Thursday. Having 1 of every shrine ensures you see a stone pay out every hour.

The other reason for 1 of each are events double stone pay out. Consider the scenario where you've loaded up on Fire shrines at the expense of the others. You will lose out when the weekend ends up Undead/Water/Life.

The goal of what to buy should focus on a steady stream of gems and stones above all else. Having 1 of each shrine means a guaranteed the chance to pick up 168 stones a week (24 stones a day * 7 days in a week). I doubt anyone is going to collect every hour of every day so even if we take 40% of that number (9 collections a day) that's 270 stones a month and that's before you factor in any totem (or Gigantus if your so inclined) payouts. If the goal is 200 stones every month (enough to ensure the alter ego) then you should easily hit the mark.

After you pick up the alter ego get your 200 stones in the bank for the next month and start focusing on Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls which leads to the occasional gem payout which eventually leads to more shrine purchases which leads to faster Legendary Halls
#41 Posted: 15:36:38 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yea the element of the day cycles between all 8 before starting over. I originally thought exactly as you did and collected 1 of each. Then I realized, I don't plant water, air or life since the reward is too low to be meaningful. But I did plant the 1 hour plus ones as much as I could. This made me realize I value the fire, earth, undead ones far more than the short ones.

Since you spend gold to make energy and energy to make gold, ultimately, the more efficient you are at making energy, the more gold you make.

This is what leads me to recommend going after fire, earth, undead first.

I rounded out my collection today: I have 3x fire, earth, undead and tech. I happen to have 3 magic as well. I believe I won the second in the wishing well and the third was a quest reward. I won't buy any more shrines.
---
#42 Posted: 15:44:55 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Just adding I don't disagree with Pico's strategy. I just believe that if you cannot have them all and you need to pick, there are better ones to pick than others.

If I had none, and I could buy 4 on a half price day like today, I'd probably buy 1 each of fire, undead, tech and earth.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:37 10/09/2013 by Charred
#43 Posted: 15:45:28 10/09/2013
Wait a minute. It DOES cycle through all 8 before starting over or it doesn't? If that's true, then I'm more with Charred. If you can get 3 water days in a row, however, I think I'm with Pico.
---
#44 Posted: 15:45:37 10/09/2013
I haven't calculated out the break even point but with 50 radiant fields and the way I send Skylanders out to tasks both my gold and energy go up on a daily basis. I only use the tech energy fields due to the longer time needed between collections.
#45 Posted: 15:55:51 10/09/2013
It is fairly random. I noticed we had 2 undead days within a week's time a couple of weeks ago. I remember because we were leading up to wishing weekend and I was hoping for a magic and/or undead days (since those were the shrines I had). We ended up having magic right before the weekend (like maybe Friday) so I figured it wouldn't come up and since we had 2 undead days that week, I knew it was very highly unlikely that we would get it again. There are also special times like the Red, White & Blue weekend for the 4th of July where they had fire twice.
#46 Posted: 15:57:21 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I've never seen two days in a row. Have you?

It was discussed long ago that the pattern is each of the 8 appears then the cycle resets. While I have not recorded this to confirm, my experience confirms this pattern.

Since I only plant on 4 of the 8 days, I tend to watch them pretty carefully.

Edit:
Just adding that it is not a set order that repeats over 8 days. It is thought to be the 8 appear in a random order and then the cycle repeats with a new random order of the 8. You can have 2 in the same week depending on when the cycle resets and where in the cycle the element shows up.

The red/white/blue days were clearly an exception to all theories.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:49 10/09/2013 by Charred
#47 Posted: 16:38:23 10/09/2013
Quote: Charred

Edit:
Just adding that it is not a set order that repeats over 8 days. It is thought to be the 8 appear in a random order and then the cycle repeats with a new random order of the 8. You can have 2 in the same week depending on when the cycle resets and where in the cycle the element shows up.

That makes sense. I didn't think of it that way. I guess it was possible it reset within those few days between.
#48 Posted: 18:27:37 10/09/2013
I'm going to try tracking this to see what happens...
---
#49 Posted: 22:01:37 10/09/2013
Crop efficiency isn't the only reason to choose shrines. The two skylanders who generate the best payouts in the game are Tree Rex and Gnarly Tree Rex. Add No 1 fan (which works for both), Gigantus (which works for both), and it really adds up. I now use these two characters to do almost everything.

If you buy life shrines, then save all your gold chests till a life element of the day, the payouts are phenomenal.
#50 Posted: 22:25:20 10/09/2013
Woz, that's definitely a good point and something to consider. I'm not really sure if I want more gold or more energy. I have been wanting to get more energy so that I can run my sanctuaries, especially now with Ruggles. I wouldn't have been concerned with energy if it wasn't for Ruggles, as I was keeping them all running with one Skylander and still having extra energy in a day. But Ruggles makes a difference. I definitely want a fire shrine. I tend to use magic and fire crops a lot. Plus it will add bonuses to Hot Dog & Molten Hot Dog who already gets a bonus from No. 1 fan. I don't have Gigantus, although maybe I should try saving up gems and hope to get a 50% off sale. That may be a while, though, since they just had 50% off companions (although you never know). I'll hope it will be so I can have time to save up gems. So now I have to decide on an earth or life shrine. I would get more crops bonus with earth since I never plant life crops, but I'd get a better bonus for my Tree Rexes. I wonder if the bonus added to Tree Rexes is worth the drop in energy bonus.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me