Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Companion Sale [CLOSED]
LKNmomma Green Sparx Gems: 458
#1 Posted: 14:46:01 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
With the companions being on sale and I have a large surplus of Gems out of these three which ones are worth it. I have all the fans, Arbo does nothing for me and ol mac, Flynn and Cali are ridic!

Ermit
Cherry
Gigantus
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#2 Posted: 14:59:24 02/09/2013
It depends on where you feel you are deficient in the game. Cherry probably has the biggest bang for the buck since she will immediately increase the number of stones you see every day. Eventually you run out of things to buy with stones and they end up,stock piling waiting for the first of the month.

Ermit increases the *chance* for stones and gems on a daily basis but its not a sure thing. To fully take advantage of Ermit you need to use the triple shrine option as that's the only way to get gems and stones. The major drawback is the significant energy requirements to run all 8 shrine three deep. That makes Mac and Arbo almost a requirement.

Gigantus is the worst of the three since he only impacts gold payouts. Once you have all the Skylanders and all the islands money becomes a throw away. I'm sitting on 40 million with nothing to spend it on. I read someone else has 240 million.
LCCCTWN Green Sparx Gems: 175
#3 Posted: 15:00:55 02/09/2013
if you have Ermit you really want both Arbo & Old Mac or you will run short of energy keeping the sanctuaries going. I used all my gems and got all three at once. I am super gem poor now but it was worth it and I will just start saving again.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#4 Posted: 18:18:19 02/09/2013
Here is the thing on Ermit...

Are you double and triple loading your sanctuaries?

If not Ermit holds no value.

A double loaded sanctuary is the same as two half time sanctuaries after 10 hours
---
Activate name: Charred
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 21:43:42 02/09/2013
Not necessarily. Since the second and third sklyanders have a chance at gems and wish stones. If you're looking for gold, half time sanctuaries are better than double loading.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
LKNmomma Green Sparx Gems: 458
#6 Posted: 00:24:46 03/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I am double loading and on element of the day triple loading. I have not had an issue with crops and energy gathering. Thinking I might get Cherry to stock up on wish stones and ?
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#7 Posted: 01:59:49 03/09/2013
I would recommend Cherry. I think she has the best long term value. Having the extra stones gives increased chances at top prizes from the well and can save you gems (if you would spend them on housing) and gold (B&Bs instead of other houses).

She can make up for gigantus by getting a few top gold prizes, and can even help make up for ermit's advantages (gold and stones). So in comparison, ermit's plus is the chance for gems, but at the cost of needing Arbo or Mac to keep the sanctuaries running.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#8 Posted: 02:06:51 03/09/2013
I love having Cherry. I haven't bought any others that expensive.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
wi1z Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#9 Posted: 07:28:03 03/09/2013
I bought Arbo half price, plus the #1 fans as they were very cheap. I have found arbo very good, Grave diggers done in an hour is great, doing them most hours gives me plenty of energy to be able to fill all sactuaries with 3 people constantly and be building ebergy up, rather than it constantly going down and eventually running out. I have 11 shrines, so, cherry for me wasn't really needed, although I will get her by the time I have saved my gems up again. I also avoided gigantus and bought another shrine for 150 as he only generates money and shrines give us the wish stones which have great payouts.
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#10 Posted: 12:47:09 03/09/2013
After winning several B&Bs, I am starting to see the logic in the wish stone economy.

Can you clarify what Cherry does? Do the totems spawn faster or will you actually find 3-4 of them instead of 1-2?

Does Cherry still hold value to people that have many shrines? I have 16 shrines now.
---
Activate name: Charred
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#11 Posted: 13:03:09 03/09/2013
Quote: Charred
After winning several B&Bs, I am starting to see the logic in the wish stone economy.

Visit my islands is you want to see the result of a wishstone economy. Just look for the island that turned predominantly blue following the wishing weekend... Try not to lose count!
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#12 Posted: 17:11:04 03/09/2013
You get up to four at a time. I don't keep my game active for long, so I can't say whether they spawn any faster.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me