Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
100 stones left...toss or save? [CLOSED]
JaynaMac Green Sparx Gems: 404
#1 Posted: 13:39:59 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I still have 100 stones in my stash. I was thinking of saving them -- my luck isn't that good, and I still don't have a Hall of Legends -- but, Cupid Flameslinger and Lucky Boomer are awfully tempting. Tell me, fellow islanders, what would you do?
---
Find me (Jaynamac) on Lost Islands....
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#2 Posted: 13:43:10 02/09/2013
I was in the same boat yesterday, so i went for it and I won the wrecking ball guy which is who I really wanted. Then after won a giant house. So it's all luck, I had none before this weekend but sometimes it's worth it to take a chance.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#3 Posted: 13:45:45 02/09/2013
There will always be time to save again but you don't know when the alter egos will be available.... I tossed nearly all my gems last time and did eventually win the alter egos, but I know others haven't been so lucky.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#4 Posted: 14:36:48 02/09/2013
Toss them. Think about it this way, once you have cleared the back log of the monthly alternates you won't need to throw as many stones at the start of the month. Saving stones becomes easier as time goes on. Eventually you end up with a monthly stock pile to knock out the Hall of Legends.
LKNmomma Green Sparx Gems: 458
#5 Posted: 14:43:15 02/09/2013
I am going for it, at least thru today. I only need Cupid flameslinger and it is way too tempting!
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#6 Posted: 14:52:46 02/09/2013
Wish them away! You can save for a hall of legends anytime. The old alter egos are only around every once in a while.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 17:49:46 02/09/2013
I feel like the old alter egos come back every month or so. Has this not been true?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#8 Posted: 19:00:39 02/09/2013
The recent trend has been to make the alter egos available as a rare reward. I think the last time they made them available for gems was Memorial Day weekend.
JaynaMac Green Sparx Gems: 404
#9 Posted: 23:02:50 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Your advice is ALWAYS good! I got lucky with my first 30 stones and got Lucky Boomer. I'm going to toss in the rest of them later to see if I can get Cupid Flameslinger. Keep your fingers crossed!
---
Find me (Jaynamac) on Lost Islands....
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 23:46:37 02/09/2013
Has it really been that much of a trend? As far as I knew, this was the second time they did it. Not sure if that really makes it a trend, though it would be nice. But remember that this one fell on a holiday weekend and was promoted that way. So it's not exactly the same as last time. There's no guarantee. Although I'm sure they have other times to get them in some way for the newer players.
#11 Posted: 18:00:15 03/09/2013
Technically two points in a line equal a trend but I'm always open to arguing semantics smilie

I see two things happening over the next few months.

1) Items that are no longer available (alter egos/giant houses) will be made available through the Wishing Well similar to the last two months
2) There will be another house that can only be purchases with stones. My guess is it will be tied to the new Dark Skylanders coming with Swap Force.

Both of these will be done to drain the stones from players inventories so Activision can continue to sell gem packs. Most players are not willing to spend 50 dollars on a companion but have no problem spending 2 dollars once or twice a week for gem packs. I'm guessing they've seen an uptick in gem purchases once they started adding 30 stones as a bonus.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#12 Posted: 20:45:25 03/09/2013
Agreed. This is a key way to get new players the older houses and egos too. They'll keep doing this. I bet we see it for Halloween or Thanksgiving or both.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me