darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Does the end game money exploit really work?
Page 1 of 1
Does the end game money exploit really work? [CLOSED]
Mgriswold224 Red Sparx Gems: 16
#1 Posted: 23:46:17 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I have been searching for the fastest way to get money to upgrade the skylanders. I keep coming across the end game money exploit. Did not want to waste time doing it if it did not work.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 23:48:59 01/09/2013
Yes, it works. But you have to perform it right.
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#3 Posted: 00:10:36 02/09/2013
How does it work??
---
Team Hot Dog!
#4 Posted: 00:14:08 02/09/2013
Make sure to grab the winged sapphire after you finish chapter 15, and before you finish chapter 16.
Then after finishing chapter 16, go up there, collect the money, and do a hard quit. DO NOT LEAVE THE ROOM. If you left the winged sapphire there, be sure to not collect it, because that will perform an auto-save, as will leaving the room or easy quitting the game. Doing so will make the money not be up there next time. The only way to keep it there is a hard quit. Do not save. (ie Home button on Wii, Xbox button on Xbox, IDK about Playstation or Wii U.) Then repeat as many times as you want.
#5 Posted: 00:21:53 02/09/2013
Thanks!
---
Team Hot Dog!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 00:41:29 02/09/2013
One time, I accidentally left the room. The only way to prevent the game from auto saving is to quit immediately. Works, but NOT RECOMMENDED!!(Talking about exiting the room then quitting.).
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 00:44:26 02/09/2013
I did this a few times. Don't go anywhere near the Winged Sapphire.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:08 02/09/2013 by Matteomax
#8 Posted: 00:46:41 02/09/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I did this a few times. Don't go anywhere near the Winged Sapphire.

Or collect it before making the money appear there. It works a ton better that way.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#9 Posted: 01:25:09 02/09/2013
Hard quit as in exiting the game completely or to the main screen?
#10 Posted: 01:32:55 02/09/2013
I think completetley.
---
Team Hot Dog!
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#11 Posted: 07:46:39 02/09/2013
Backing up your save is usually a good idea as well.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#12 Posted: 12:12:40 02/09/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
Hard quit as in exiting the game completely or to the main screen?

Completely, like either tuning of the system or returning to the system menu. Returning to the Game title screen will make an auto-save happen.
Mgriswold224 Red Sparx Gems: 16
#13 Posted: 16:30:02 02/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Has anyone seen a video on doing this correctly out there. I hate to go through all the levels again only to do it wrong.
#14 Posted: 16:53:39 02/09/2013
There is a video, but I don't have the time to look it up. Search 'crane deck cheat' on Youtube and I bet you could find it.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 01:32:38 03/09/2013
Xbox Walkthrough---with save file process. Works with PS3 as well--same process applies.

Btw, if you've already nabbed the loot here, you're toast---just start a new save file and get to the end again.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:22 03/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#16 Posted: 06:24:17 03/09/2013
Another way describe "Hard Quit" is "Using the console to quit the game", as opposed to "Using the game's controls to quit the game". So, instead of pausing the game and choosing Exit to get to the main menu (where you pick Story Mode or Battle Mode), you either simply turn off the console, or you press the console's button on your controller - the Home button on the Wii, the silver XBox button for the XBox, the Playstation button on the Playstation, don't know the Wii U, but it will have something similar to the Home button - and choose Quit Game from THAT menu, to return to the console's environment (like the XBox Home on the XBox). In this way, the game doesn't know it's quitting, and doesn't have a chance to save.

Yes, I have indeed done this. I started a new save game and played through as fast as possible (sort of, I still got 2 out of 3 stars, generally), and I picked up the Winged Sapphire before starting Chapter 16. I also loaded the Luck-O-Tron with Wealth Wheels before Chapter 16 to maximize this. I get between 8,000 and 10,000 every time I go collect. I've collected many times to completely upgrade a few people, and I took my Stealth Elf and Legendary Stealth Elf from nearly broke to the maximum 65,000 in order to have some mad money around when I play on other save games, or on my nephews' game.

Also good advice, which I know is possible on the PS3 and XBox, and I hear can be done on the Wii, is to take a USB key and back up that save game. That way, if you mess it up and allow the console to save, you can restore the save game back to the state where you have the money available.
EDIT: Watching GhostRoaster's video, I see that it shows this backup already, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:29:46 03/09/2013 by niceguy1
damin17 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#17 Posted: 04:34:17 18/09/2013
Another awesome money glitch: in Skylanders SA (at least for wii), go to the ruins hub area. Place dragon treasure magic item. Get treasure, then talk to Persephone and just say you don't want to upgrade, and BOOM! The dragon treasure is back. Repeat for infinite dragon treasure!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#18 Posted: 10:55:41 18/09/2013
If you mess it up, it's not too hard to farm money with the chest item if you have it. In SSA you can keep reloading until the chest appears next to Flynn, the fairy or Auric and just talk to them to make it appear again. In Giants you can go to the heroic challenges and find one where the chest spawn location is near the start, then keep resetting the mission.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 13:53:15 18/09/2013
Quote: Friendzie
If you mess it up, it's not too hard to farm money with the chest item if you have it. In SSA you can keep reloading until the chest appears next to Flynn, the fairy or Auric and just talk to them to make it appear again. In Giants you can go to the heroic challenges and find one where the chest spawn location is near the start, then keep resetting the mission.

The ship is the easiest place---8k to 15k of money every 2 minutes ain't bad at all. All of my skylanders have the max amount of money on each.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#20 Posted: 09:35:34 19/09/2013
Since the treasure chest is unlimited now in Giants, I find that it doesn't give much money any more... So it takes a LOT of repetition. Simply opening the vault seems to give more (It has been a WHILE, but I think the chest gave like 1k, while the vault tends to be 8k to 10k), and if you have someone from each element ready to go, it only takes a minute or two to open the vault.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#21 Posted: 03:07:20 26/09/2013
Wow, that's awesome! I didn't even know about it... But oh well, I'll do it on another file. Or not, does anyone else have this? > I have a glitch where the Game Room has infinite gold. You still have to open the Elemental Gates each time, but the Gold... You get it, leave the Game Room, go back and the gates come back, and you can open 'em again and again. I had a S2 Cynder that had all upgrades and yet was level 1, no experience. smilie Is this a glitch or is it supposed to happen? I have the Xbox360 version, FWI.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#22 Posted: 10:15:52 26/09/2013
Quote: Sky Airglow
Wow, that's awesome! I didn't even know about it... But oh well, I'll do it on another file. Or not, does anyone else have this? > I have a glitch where the Game Room has infinite gold. You still have to open the Elemental Gates each time, but the Gold... You get it, leave the Game Room, go back and the gates come back, and you can open 'em again and again. I had a S2 Cynder that had all upgrades and yet was level 1, no experience. smilie Is this a glitch or is it supposed to happen? I have the Xbox360 version, FWI.

Not a glitch
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#23 Posted: 11:38:56 26/09/2013
Quote: Sky Airglow

That isn't a glitch, it seems to be a reward for making it far enough in the game and opening the vault enough times, LOL! It seems to show up a few levels after you start needing all 8 elements to open the vault (assuming you open the vault as soon as you can each time). If you don't open them immediately, once you get far enough after you open all the vaults you haven't, they'll just start being infinite anyway (the difference between vaults being how many elements and how much is IN the vault).

I'm XBox too. smilie And have experienced this in 3 different savegames.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me