Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Question on how the game saves on the cloud [CLOSED]
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#1 Posted: 00:29:11 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello all, does anyone know if its possible to save my game on the cloud then transfer it to my iPad from that exact point? So say I save it, go to the iPad and open it under that save then turn off the iPad. Then go to my phone to start to use my wishing stones (all 300 of them).

Could I then theoretically load up the iPad and use the stones again to see if I got something better? If i did i could then save it on the cloud and download that save on the phone. Is this possible or is it considered cheating?
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#2 Posted: 01:10:54 01/09/2013
There's no leader board. So although there are social features, there are no bragging rights per say. So what is and isn't cheating is entirely up to you. It's exactly the same decision you face on whether or not to employ time travel (changing your devices date and or time to accelerate production), or whether or not to exploit the ipad's force app close feature to try and prevent it saving to the cloud. When you restart the app, if you're quick enough, your stones remain as though you'd never spent them.

If you want to take it to ridiculous extremes, is purchasing items when the developer puts them on sale cheating? Or is having 100 friends gifting you cheating? You "could" play the game with no assistance whatsoever. Alternatively, you could use all of these tricks and breeze through the game in perhaps three months. Do you really want to set an a 60 minute alarm through the night to wake you up half a dozen times so you can collect wishstones from those shrines? Probably not.

If you really enjoy the game, would ending the game in three months be a victory, or will you get more enjoyment out of playing the game at a pace more in line with what the developers intended, so that content releases more or less appear before you run out of things to do?

I like this game a lot. I intend to play it far longer than three months. Some of us at Level 36 have just realised there are drawbacks to being at the bleeding edge - our gifts and visiting are completely ruined because the developers botched the last level cap increase. Find a pace you enjoy and don't let anyone judge you. It is, after all, just a game. Play it the way you want to.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 01:31:50 01/09/2013
I'm pretty sure every time you throw a stone it saves to the cloud so make sure to be completely offline if you want to try this.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 02:37:38 01/09/2013
Quote: midas73
I'm pretty sure every time you throw a stone it saves to the cloud so make sure to be completely offline if you want to try this.

On my iPad, it takes anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute to save to the cloud. Every time you throw ANOTHER stone, the app seems to say, "ignore the previous save and save THIS one". Every stone you throw seems to restart the save process. So after your final stone, you've got somewhere between 10 seconds and a minute to BASIC close the app, then FORCE close the app so it's not running in the background. If you do this successfully, the stones will still be there on restarting the app.

The more stones you throw in one sitting, of course, the more you risk losing. If you limit yourself to say 10 stones, that's the most you can lose in one go. And you may be able to throw those ten stones ten times over. The question on how often to use a trick like this is a personal one, weighed against how many gems and the like you've lost due to the developers botching a recent update, or weighed against the bonuses lost to the time zone issue, and so on.

Similarly, a morally acceptable use of time travel could be to complete one of those ridiculous quests where you have to go a 22 hour adventure to be rewarded with 800 gold or some similarly ridiculous prize you could manage 40 times over with a 30 minute balloon ride.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me