Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > So the whole double the wish stones from shrines isn't targeted to me?
Page 1 of 1
So the whole double the wish stones from shrines isn't targeted to me? [CLOSED]
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#1 Posted: 06:19:53 31/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Just found out the first two days of the wish stone weekend won't match the only two shrines I own. I'm guessing the 3rd day will be the same. So no reason to log on the rest of the weekend once I throw all my wishing stones in the well on Sunday. I've only been playing 3 weeks but this the second time the devs intentionally leave out younger players......just like the big super tuesday where you own the two most expensive companions and only then will your crops grow faster and produce more. All I've been reading this week is about double the stones.....they just forgot to say if you just happen to own the right shrine.......so was just a matter of luck. It's like middle school all over again, not getting picked to play.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#2 Posted: 07:07:34 31/08/2013
It has to be random element of the day - it's the only system that's fair to all players.

Remember, it's not just shrines that give wishstones. This weekend, totems give double stones. Nothing To See Here's give double stones. Wizard Trolls give double stones. Sanctuaries give double stones. Anything that generates a stone generates double stones.

Half price on ALL companions isn't anything to be sneezed at either.
#3 Posted: 18:19:45 31/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah but shrines are the only thing that gives reliable stones. Sanctuaries rarely give any stones or gems and u can only do two runs a day. This nothing to see here is obviously a rare spawn because I've gotten a whole two of them. Wizard trolls, haven't had one spawn for me at all. Totems only spawn about once every 5 or six hours if that (I guess I have to spend even more to get cherry maybe then it wouldn't be so bad). The one thing that gives good stones is the shrines because its not dependent on a rare spawn. Hey I understand what you are saying but all in all this whole weekend was being promoted as a huge deal with wishing stones yet all ill see from it is probably 15-20 extra. While those who have the "right" shrines will probably be in the hundreds ( and yes I've seen some of yours guys islands and omg, I am jealous when I see 4 of each shrine)
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 18:30:16 31/08/2013
Well I've got three fire shrines, three magic shrines, one air shrine, and today, I won one tech shrine. So until the tech shrine, I was in exactly the same boat as you. Three days of water, tech and mountain had rendered my shrines useless as well. Sometimes we win, and sometimes - we don't. Better luck next time.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 23:20:43 31/08/2013
Double wish stones are always nice. You gotta start somewhwere.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#6 Posted: 00:11:44 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree you have to start some where however it's a little disappointing that I more than likely won more wishing stones the previous three days than I will make during the "wishing weekend". If it wasn't so hyped I wouldn't be so disappointed. But I guess that just means I need to start winning more shrines......and that wishing well has been giving me hay aside from winning grill master
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#7 Posted: 00:20:43 01/09/2013
Ya gotta buy them with gems when they're half off. I only have shrines for four elements myself but I'm biding my time....
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 02:45:11 01/09/2013
I'm at level 30 & only have 2 shrines (magic & undead). I'm a little bummed that they aren't matching up with the double stones, but oh well. It's not the devs fault. It just happens that way. As others have said, there are other ways to get wishing stones. It takes a while to build your stuff up. I've been playing for several months and only started winning alter egos with Surfer Slam Bam. Only because I was patient and saved up my wish stones. That was before I ever got my first shrine. I just save them up for a month (skipping out on Buddy Wrecking Ball) and had enough stones at the beginning of the month. I then had the rest of the month to save again. You've only been playing for 3 weeks. Don't give up so quickly. There will be other opportunities for you to take a bigger part in the bonuses. And elemental totems appear more than every 5 or 6 hours, at least for me.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me