Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Hard of Hearing players [CLOSED]
LCCCTWN Green Sparx Gems: 175
#1 Posted: 01:24:09 30/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I have seen posts where you all talk about hearing totems, chompies, Hyde, etc when they spawn so you know to look for them. I am guessing that many players, like myself, are unable to hear these prompts.

I would love suggestions from others, either hard of hearing or those of you who choose to play with no sound, for best ways to not miss all the totems or chompies. I rarely get chompies before they are empty since there doesn't seem to be much time once they spawn!

Thanks!

LCCCTWN
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#2 Posted: 02:09:03 30/08/2013
My one tip is not to leave the game open when you're not playing it. If you're not going to be watching the screen, close the app. If that closed period is several hours, then it's a good bet that when you reopen the app, two totems will be waiting for you to click on. If that gap is 12 hours, I guarantee there will be two totems for you to click on. I haven't narrowed down that window yet, but trial and error could see you pin it down to perhaps somewhere between 4-6 hours I'm guessing to have a 90 per cent shot at having two totems waiting. I'm pulling those figures out of my pants of course. It's just my best guess.

Leave the app open however, and the App assumes you're there, and the totems disappear.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#3 Posted: 10:25:07 30/08/2013
I play with no sound, and agree about closing the app. When I'm playing, I'm constantly moving around my islands looking for chompies/totems. Also, when I first get on, I go all around my islands immediately and do chompies first. I don't hit totems until chompies are done unless they are already flashing.
gewappnet Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#4 Posted: 13:47:37 30/08/2013
And don't forget to zoom out completely to get a better overview. I always play without sound as well.
#5 Posted: 13:53:53 30/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! I tend to get involved sending skylanders on adventures, or decorating my islands and don't stop to move around the islands. That is great advice!
#6 Posted: 14:00:11 30/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I need to remember to zoom out after trolls and sheep also!! I love this app and I appreciate all the help on this forum. I don't post much at all but I lurk every day!
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#7 Posted: 22:08:00 30/08/2013
I enjoy the app a lot as well :-) I usually have the sound off and others have said zoom out and do a sweep of the islands for active pods and totems first. I missed totems a lot until I started doing that.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#8 Posted: 15:07:11 31/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I read through some posts that said I could force everything but Hyde to spawn on one island by using brick paths. I did that yesterday, and sure enough everything has been spawning on one island! I don't know if I like the look, but I will keep it for awhile and see if I get used to it.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#9 Posted: 18:15:29 31/08/2013
Quote: LCCCTWN
I read through some posts that said I could force everything but Hyde to spawn on one island by using brick paths. I did that yesterday, and sure enough everything has been spawning on one island! I don't know if I like the look, but I will keep it for awhile and see if I get used to it.

I did that for a month or so, and it worked well, except for Hyde. Recently I swapped out all the brick paths for bushes costing 35 gold each, and that forces Hyde out as well.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#10 Posted: 18:38:13 31/08/2013
I had everything blocked off on the islands that had things on them and then I had 3 completely open islands. I liked it that way, but I took away all of the brick pathway pieces when we had that quest for 100 trolls so I could maybe get more spawns... But it didn't help. And I never redid it. Maybe I will. Although I almost always have a chompy pod in one certain spot on one of my used islands. :/
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#11 Posted: 19:22:08 31/08/2013
you can set up for notifications to pop up on your homescreen. I use no sound. I find the sounds annoying. Just as soon as you open the game, search all the islands. Works for me!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me