Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > lego competes with skylanders
Page 1 of 1
lego competes with skylanders [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 22:06:39 29/08/2013 | Topic Creator
http://www.gamepolitics.com/20...ne#.Uh_FyWT729Y

ummm
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 22:09:55 29/08/2013
*sigh*

The ONLY reason I buy Lego Minifigures is to try and find the "ultra rare" Mr. Gold. Absolutely no luck so far.
The reason being: He sells for $500.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 22:12:36 29/08/2013 | Topic Creator
^

same. but i would keep him
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#4 Posted: 22:26:24 29/08/2013
There is a BIG difference between Skylanders/DI and this Lego thing: Lego uses codes. Toys with codes have been around for a while, the most notable being Webkinz and Beyblades. Skylanders/DI has RFID chips and figures and it's just a whole different concept.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#5 Posted: 22:27:23 29/08/2013
Dang. People are really banking in on this idea. What's next? Final fantasy? Hmmm... I actually think a chibi game would be very cute!
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 22:56:24 29/08/2013
Lego minifigures have been around for quite a while now, so it's not really "new", plus like hardcoreignitor pointed out, lots of games use codes that are included with things to unlock something online.

Heck, McDonalds had things to unlock something on their online..game? site since the late 90s. There's no competition at all here, since Lego is in a league completely different from Skylanders.

Currently, the only competition Skylanders has is Infinity. Lets not kid ourselves and say anything else is "competing" with Skylanders.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 23:06:48 29/08/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
Lego minifigures have been around for quite a while now, so it's not really "new", plus like hardcoreignitor pointed out, lots of games use codes that are included with things to unlock something online.

Heck, McDonalds had things to unlock something on their online..game? site since the late 90s. There's no competition at all here, since Lego is in a league completely different from Skylanders.

Currently, the only competition Skylanders has is Infinity. Lets not kid ourselves and say anything else is "competing" with Skylanders.

This.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Jesus Skywalker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1940
#8 Posted: 23:08:41 29/08/2013
Pokemon would bankrupt me...
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#9 Posted: 23:13:12 29/08/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: spyroflame0487

This.

This plus, don't forget Pokemon Rumble U.
If LEGO Minifigures is anything like LEGO Universe, I'll buy it.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#10 Posted: 23:30:14 29/08/2013
Ok... First... Skylanders and disney have competitions but pokemon rumble U is in competitions with sky. and DY... (MY OPINION) And, second, I wanted to buy the dark edition with a lot of figures but I'll go with lego... if it's the same gamplay then LU (lego universe) and I'll just buy normal swap force and my fav. figure!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#11 Posted: 00:41:58 30/08/2013
They're not competing with Skylanders in any way shape or form. This is like saying that Skylanders copied Webkinz. It's also in the Swap Force section....whereas it has nothing to do with Swap Force. A mod should close this...
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5794
#12 Posted: 00:47:32 30/08/2013
Speaking of other franchises making toys to life games... Would anyone else be interested in a MegaMan/RockMan TtL game? Maybe featuring all the classic robot masters? I think he could use it with all the crap Capcom puts him through... Thankfully he'll be in Smash...
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#13 Posted: 01:51:04 30/08/2013
Indeed.
And yeah, you're right Trigger FIzz, this LEGO game sounds more like competition for Webkinz than anything else.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#14 Posted: 09:36:03 30/08/2013
but the legos is just a code that comes with a lego figure that you type in.. and you can buy the figure without the code, its just legos.... so its not coming to life or anything like skylanders or diesny infinity.. this is nothing special...
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#15 Posted: 10:10:36 30/08/2013
"not coming to life or anything like skylanders or diesny infinity"

Hrmm. I am beginning to HATE this phrase.

The toys do NOT come to "life". They simply get an in game representation.

Great marketing speak, but as with most marketing, its BS. I think Skylanders should distance itself from this obvious bs phrase.
#16 Posted: 10:38:19 30/08/2013
they actually comes to life in the game, when you interact with them on the device called 'the portal'..... if it have only been a code to type in like with the legos, then it have been like you said. the legos is only a one thing... skylanders you need to interact with to play the game each time... and that is is the difference mister.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:42:23 30/08/2013 by kappapopm
Bash28 Blue Sparx Gems: 951
#17 Posted: 11:18:01 30/08/2013
Pokemon is also competing, with Rumble U out...
---
"Points for bravery, Stiff."
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#18 Posted: 11:22:31 30/08/2013
I have placed my Skylanders toys on the portal many times, not once has one "come to life" on the portal.

I do get a representation of the toy in game to play, but there is certainly no life. Not even any movement of the toy pretending to be life.

I hope you see my distinction here. It does NOT bring the toy to life.
It is just the phrase I have an issue with, it's a seriously over hyped marketing term.

Just don't say "Leveraging" or I will have to come down there and beat you.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#19 Posted: 11:39:59 30/08/2013
I already buy minifigures so this will be an added bonus. And, I think my toys do come to life, I'm just not there to see it. Too many times I've noticed they're not in the position that I left them. I've set up cameras but I think they know that I'm watching. People think I'm crazy, but I'll show them.
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#20 Posted: 11:49:01 30/08/2013
Leveraging
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#21 Posted: 11:57:22 30/08/2013
Quote: Pyrofer
I have placed my Skylanders toys on the portal many times, not once has one "come to life" on the portal.

I do get a representation of the toy in game to play, but there is certainly no life. Not even any movement of the toy pretending to be life.

I hope you see my distinction here. It does NOT bring the toy to life.
It is just the phrase I have an issue with, it's a seriously over hyped marketing term.

Just don't say "Leveraging" or I will have to come down there and beat you.

its a kid game and some play on fantasy is required... if you must have real skylanders popping out of the portal in your room and chewing on the furnitures. im sorry to say it but this game may not be for you....

...and i can whoop your butt in the battle areas anytime mister, so its only you that will get beaten.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:59:18 30/08/2013 by kappapopm
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 12:05:47 30/08/2013
It doesn't really compete...
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#23 Posted: 13:17:42 30/08/2013
Quote: Bash28
Pokemon is also competing, with Rumble U out...

But, due to the fact that Pokemon Rumble U's figures are OPTIONAL that makes them two different things, really. You can get the same Pokemon in game without the figures. Can you do that in Skylanders? Nope.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#24 Posted: 13:02:15 31/08/2013
Now Lego?! Another franchise ruined for mesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me