Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > i wanted to make a site called dark cynder
Page 1 of 1
i wanted to make a site called dark cynder [CLOSED]
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4424
#1 Posted: 01:55:00 27/08/2013 | Topic Creator
but my dad said that would be stealing smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#2 Posted: 02:10:27 27/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
You can't just make a site, it takes a lot of knowledge on coding and stuff. (Right?)

i know but i want to be a a game author and ilorstrator

Kat: me too

NOT IN TOPICS D:
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#3 Posted: 02:24:23 27/08/2013
Doesn't it also involve money too if you want it to function like DS (for example)?
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#4 Posted: 12:04:40 27/08/2013
Dark Cynder is not a very creative name for a site.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#5 Posted: 12:08:08 27/08/2013
^what your saying means that Dark Spyro isn't a creative name either.

p.s. JUST DO IT.
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#6 Posted: 12:23:36 27/08/2013
That requires stuff waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for a 7 year old, sorry Eevee.
#7 Posted: 19:26:03 27/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DummyZ
That requires stuff waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for a 7 year old, sorry Eevee.

i mean when i am 20 >.<
---
#8 Posted: 19:28:55 27/08/2013
Quote: Eevee88

i mean when i am 20 >.<

Age doesn't really matter, that's still a hell lot of knowledge needed.
#9 Posted: 19:30:16 27/08/2013 | Topic Creator

i mean when i am 20 >.<

.-. ._. ._/\.
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#10 Posted: 19:36:04 27/08/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro

But you just said that it's too complicated for a 7 year old o.o

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#11 Posted: 20:12:55 27/08/2013
You can't just make a site, it takes a lot of knowledge on coding and stuff. (Right?)

NOT IN TOPICS D:

No offense, authors require the knowledge to spell illustrator.

Also, if you are going to make a website, come up with something creative! Maybe also try Weebly! It is a very simple and easy way to create a website if you really want to. And if you insist on making it dark cynder, it would show up as darkcynder.weebly.com, it costs money to remove the Weebly and I doubt your dad would let you pay money for that.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#12 Posted: 21:41:33 27/08/2013

But you just said that it's too complicated for a 7 year old o.o

She got the message, so that detail doesn't really make a difference.
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#13 Posted: 22:27:48 27/08/2013
It also takes a lot not only to make and program a site, but time. I had a website but I haven't been on it for about a year because of school and stuff.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#14 Posted: 23:14:57 27/08/2013
And if you don't want to make the website on weebly, making a website DOES require a lot of coding and knowledge about coding and stuff. It's really confusing, and I should know, since I've learnt about coding at school. It made no sense to me. I pretty much just sat at the computer, staring at the screen thinking 'what the heck do i do?!?!'.

Anyways, I don't think you should make a website. Maybe you can make one when you're older. And I wouldn't call it Dark Cynder. What would it be about anyway? Cynder is only in a few games. There wouldn't be much to talk about.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#15 Posted: 23:31:31 27/08/2013
Quote: Ice Dragoness
^what your saying means that Dark Spyro isn't a creative name either.

p.s. JUST DO IT.

No, what I mean is Dark Cynder is a parody, spoof and a copy of Dark Spyro.
#16 Posted: 23:36:24 27/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
And if you don't want to make the website on weebly, making a website DOES require a lot of coding and knowledge about coding and stuff. It's really confusing, and I should know, since I've learnt about coding at school. It made no sense to me. I pretty much just sat at the computer, staring at the screen thinking 'what the heck do i do?!?!'.

Anyways, I don't think you should make a website. Maybe you can make one when you're older. And I wouldn't call it Dark Cynder. What would it be about anyway? Cynder is only in a few games. There wouldn't be much to talk about.

i was thinking of making cynder games like "The legend of cynder" and stuff like that ._.'
---
#17 Posted: 23:53:50 27/08/2013

i was thinking of making cynder games like "The legend of cynder" and stuff like that ._.'

Erm, well, Cynder is already copyright of Activision, so you can't use her.
You could make other games, like if you have a dragon character, you could make a couple of games for them, if you want to make games in the future.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#18 Posted: 00:07:00 28/08/2013

Erm, well, Cynder is already copyright of Activision, so you can't use her.
You could make other games, like if you have a dragon character, you could make a couple of games for them, if you want to make games in the future.

Beat me to it D:
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
#19 Posted: 00:08:22 28/08/2013
Sorry Cynd8801! XD
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#20 Posted: 00:47:25 28/08/2013

Cinder is already copyrighted but you could make a similiar female dragon.

I recommend taking an animation class once you get to high school
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#21 Posted: 01:07:30 28/08/2013
Trust me, if you think making websites are complicated, video games are programming HELL to deal with.

RPG Maker is so tough to get right. I've tried and tried to make a simple horror game on it, but it never comes out right.

Anyway, you should ask someone for help, possibly a good coder/programmer.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#22 Posted: 01:15:03 28/08/2013
You any game making you need to learn how to use C+++ coding (something among C+) which would a hell. OR a living nightmare. Websites require codes so nothing bad happens and displayed the way you want. Cynder is a copyrighted character, you might get a lawsuit of it. Also you can only make games with the owner's permission or if you own the character(s), so the Legend of Cynder idea is not the brightest considering the fact that she's a skylander and copyright.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#23 Posted: 04:32:28 28/08/2013
Quote: joerox123

NOT IN TOPICS D:

No offense, authors require the knowledge to spell illustrator.

Also, if you are going to make a website, come up with something creative! Maybe also try Weebly! It is a very simple and easy way to create a website if you really want to. And if you insist on making it dark cynder, it would show up as darkcynder.weebly.com, it costs money to remove the Weebly and I doubt your dad would let you pay money for that.

---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#24 Posted: 19:07:20 28/08/2013
She got the message, so that detail doesn't really make a difference.

You contradicted yourself though, silly o.o You said that seven year olds wouldn't be able to understand, but then you said that age doesn't matter.

I don't really see the difference. Age doesn't matter because not even a 30 year old could do it unless they study it, so I doubt a 7 year old could learn it that young.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#25 Posted: 19:58:00 28/08/2013
I'm 13 I typed my age wrong by accident. I know a bit of coding that I learned from my uncle
---
henlo
SolemnWhisper Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#26 Posted: 21:02:23 28/08/2013
If you want to "make games" when you're older and you want actual control of them, I suggest getting really good at writing scripts and stuff, then you can write for the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me