Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Lost Islands Monday: The Real Chompy Invasion
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Lost Islands Monday: The Real Chompy Invasion [CLOSED]
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#51 Posted: 13:03:33 28/08/2013
Quote: Qanai
Quote: Excelsior
Do the chompies still spawn when you are not there?

It is after midnight here and still they come, I just want to know what I will wake up to.

Thanks

If you watch the game closely when you open it back up from the background, your island elements - trolls, sheep, building status, totems, etc. - are exactly as they were when you minimized the game. Then the game re-renders all the items based on the current time and brings up the sheep messages. This occurs regardless of wifi connectivity.

This is the behavior of most apps on iOS - when they are not the active app, they are not processing. I have seen a few apps that have background processing (Striiv, for example) that continually run even when minimized and drain your battery very efficiently at the same time.

This is a long answer to your question. The short answer is no, they don't spawn when you're not playing. The game must have some algorithm to determine what/how many to spawn when you start the game up.

Have you figured out what happens when the ipad "sleeps" while the app is active?

There are times when I log in and immediately hear the sound of a totem imploding. I always scan for totems so I am sure I am not leaving any behind. I have this theory that the when ipads sleeps while the app is active, the game keeps running and things spawn and despawn.
I see similar activity around the chompy spawns where I log in and there is an empty spawn and holes all over. I have a bad habbit of setting the ipad down with the game active and it sleeps.

Just to add, this happens frequently enough that I doubt it is happening in the 2 min before the before it sleeps.

Is this possible or am I crazy? smilie
---
Activate name: Charred
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:41 28/08/2013 by Charred
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#52 Posted: 13:09:53 28/08/2013
Charred.

That is exactly what happens to me.

Someone asked months ago about the flashes on Activision Assist. I wish that I had commented on it as i would have been updated when there was a reply.

It soon moved too far down the board to chase it up.
---
banksia123
jcandance Red Sparx Gems: 88
#53 Posted: 15:56:55 28/08/2013
I've gotten grill master Chop Chop this month, and I have a bunch of stones ready for Alter Ego weekend.

My question is, now that i already have this top prize, my luck meter looks different. How does this affect my luck for the additional "top tier" prizes?
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#54 Posted: 16:21:56 28/08/2013
Yeah this has happened to me too when really tired. I tried to tap the cancel tab but had nothing happen. Just like when sometimes you go to send gifts and every now and then you have to press the tab about 3-4 times before it'll send. You have to give it a good solid slow press. I find it to be stupidest most frustrating thing about the game. No one in their right mind would ever pay for a hurry-up. If they ever make a companion for it, it'll most likely be a rediculous amount of gems to own it ( like Cherry, who promises double the totems when they cut their appearance by half). I'd reckon a lot of people have probably quit playing for this reason alone, heck I almost have. They're so stingy with gem payouts, yet quick to take them from you. I find it really hard to just save for the character houses, let alone all the other crap. I don't think I'll ever keep up. It would be so much easier if they brought prices down from 300-350 gems to 200-250 for the stuff.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#55 Posted: 16:50:19 28/08/2013
The high gem costs encourage people to spend money on the game. Frankly if I ever get another 300 gems for a $1 hidden offer, I'm going to jump on that myself.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#56 Posted: 21:29:21 28/08/2013
Quote: Charred

Have you figured out what happens when the ipad "sleeps" while the app is active?

There are times when I log in and immediately hear the sound of a totem imploding. I always scan for totems so I am sure I am not leaving any behind. I have this theory that the when ipads sleeps while the app is active, the game keeps running and things spawn and despawn.
I see similar activity around the chompy spawns where I log in and there is an empty spawn and holes all over. I have a bad habbit of setting the ipad down with the game active and it sleeps.

Just to add, this happens frequently enough that I doubt it is happening in the 2 min before the before it sleeps.

Is this possible or am I crazy? smilie

Crazy is always a possibility.

I haven't paid any attention to sleep mode before, but I will now. I almost always finish up my tasks in the game then come here and read the forums, and then go into sleep mode.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#57 Posted: 21:33:21 28/08/2013
Quote: jcandance
I've gotten grill master Chop Chop this month, and I have a bunch of stones ready for Alter Ego weekend.

My question is, now that i already have this top prize, my luck meter looks different. How does this affect my luck for the additional "top tier" prizes?

In my opinion, the luck meter doesn't affect the top prizes, only the grand prize. I've not noticed any great change of frequency of the top prizes based on the meter. I have, however gotten way more 60,000 gold, pumpkins, and snowmen than I want (although they make nice fillers). I have managed one giant house, too, when the meter was in the 2nd lowest section.
Mariojedi Green Sparx Gems: 471
#58 Posted: 15:20:22 29/08/2013
It's funny about that .99 offer, only got it when I started playing the game about 3 weeks ago. Couldn't remember my restrictions password in time to do the quest for the free shrine but when I did finally remember the offer just wasn't a one time deal. For one hour you can buy as many .99 for 300 gems. I was able to get 900 gems for $3. After that I never saw the offer again. I think it was a way to get you used to the idea of spending money so they give you an insane deal at first......now if you want more it will cost a lot. Too bad the devs spoiled me with the .99 deal, never going to take any of their current deals because I feel like I'm getting ripped off.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#59 Posted: 15:58:18 29/08/2013
I've gotten it from time to time, but rarely. I'm hanging in there for it to come around again.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
SkyMum Blue Sparx Gems: 731
#60 Posted: 03:12:19 30/08/2013
I was thinking something similar. I too got the a good deal one on pack one and bought a couple of them, now all I get offered is the $15.99 pack - and I ain't spending that much!
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#61 Posted: 10:30:13 30/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
The only lost chests I am aware of happened with the troll invasion I think. It was also special Giant day so maybe the chests disappeared when giant day was over. I've gotten more chests than usual the last 2 days but not too many gold chests. I hope they stay for you.

It was the "all chests are gold" day. I lost seven gold chests.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#62 Posted: 22:11:26 30/08/2013
Yes I knew that had happened. That still bothers me and I'm a little paranoid about gold chests now.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me