Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Random questions and observations [CLOSED]
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#1 Posted: 20:06:17 23/08/2013 | Topic Creator
If you utilise ALL available space on ALL of your islands, does it mean that nothing at all spawns?
If you SELL a community building, do you get your mabus back for reassignment?
I don't own Quigley, but accidentally purchased his house to see if it did anything on its own. If I sell his house to regain the space, will it return to being available for purchase in the production store? And why is it purchasable without the companion in the first place?
Since Hyde isn't restricted to free space but can also wander along decorations such as paths you've purchased as "filler", is there a terrain or decoration alternative that he CAN'T utilise to force him into the free (and visible) space?
If you win wishing stones from ANYWHERE but a totem, the game seamlessly adds it to your tally. Why must totem generated stones force players to visit the wishing well whether they want to or not? Particularly when you're sleepy and you inadvertently spend a stone by hitting the big button rather than the small one shunted off to the corner.
If the game takes one second to recognise what level a friend's kingdom is, then why does it take five minutes to recognise that kingdom hasn't updated to the latest version before crashing my game? And with up to a hundred friends to visit, this is NOT a minor inconvenience.
If you win an item that is only purchasable with gems, why doesn't selling it net gems instead of gold? (Wish I had five gems for every cocoa stand I've sold rather than pay even more gems to enlarge my Inventory.)
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to instruct Beatrees to fill "just the radiant fields please"?
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to sort your friends list be some other criteria such as as arrow colour?
Wouldn't it be nice if when players inevitably hit the level 40 cap, they had the option to NOT display the useless experience bubbles?
Wouldn't it be nice if the one sanctuary that doesn't have an animation was fixed?
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#2 Posted: 21:18:08 23/08/2013
Quote: Woz
If you utilise ALL available space on ALL of your islands, does it mean that nothing at all spawns?

Correct.

Yes

I don't own Quigley, but accidentally purchased his house to see if it did anything on its own. If I sell his house to regain the space, will it return to being available for purchase in the production store? And why is it purchasable without the companion in the first place?

No idea, never thought to sell it. It cost next to nothing, throw it in storage.

Why shouldn't it be available? You can buy Giant/Sidekick/Alter-ego houses without the giant/sidekick/alter-ego.

Since Hyde isn't restricted to free space but can also wander along decorations such as paths you've purchased as "filler", is there a terrain or decoration alternative that he CAN'T utilise to force him into the free (and visible) space?

Like all Skylanders and companions he can appear only on empty space and paths. Only paths are the exceptions. Replace them with bushes and you are set.

If you win wishing stones from ANYWHERE but a totem, the game seamlessly adds it to your tally. Why must totem generated stones force players to visit the wishing well whether they want to or not? Particularly when you're sleepy and you inadvertently spend a stone by hitting the big button rather than the small one shunted off to the corner.

Yeah, this bugs me too.

If the game takes one second to recognise what level a friend's kingdom is, then why does it take five minutes to recognise that kingdom hasn't updated to the latest version before crashing my game? And with up to a hundred friends to visit, this is NOT a minor inconvenience.

I've never seen any evidence the crash was related to version number. I have been prevented from visiting by differing game version but had a message stating that appear preventing it. The crashes seem random in most cases. Did Lash ever figure out why he crashed for everyone?

If you win an item that is only purchasable with gems, why doesn't selling it net gems instead of gold? (Wish I had five gems for every cocoa stand I've sold rather than pay even more gems to enlarge my Inventory.)

That's exactly why it doesn't.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to instruct Beatrees to fill "just the radiant fields please"?

Wouldn't it be nice if planting crops was still necessary at all unless required by quest? 21,650,027 energy and counting. The last time I planted crops for reasons other than a quest was the end of March and I had well over a million then, but upgrading 62 Skylanders from level 10 to 12 took circa two million.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to sort your friends list be some other criteria such as as arrow colour?

I agree, but it isn't a big enough frustration to be worth complaining about. Sort/filter interfaces are a pain to program.

Wouldn't it be nice if when players inevitably hit the level 40 cap, they had the option to NOT display the useless experience bubbles?

My solution was to time travel forward ten or so days, collect all of them and go back and let it tell me it was 240 hours from completion. If a need for a building popped up in a quest then cycling the item through storage resets the timer.

Wouldn't it be nice if the one sanctuary that doesn't have an animation was fixed?

Which one is that? Like crops, sanctuaries are untouched by me unless required by a quest at this point. With maxed Skylanders and kingdom XP and 230 million gold (until I blew 30 million yesterday) I don't need them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:21:25 23/08/2013 by CrazyCanuck
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#3 Posted: 21:28:46 23/08/2013
For what they're worth, my observations on your observations:

I did this once with pavement back when I had only 1-2 islands and yes, it kept stuff from spawning.
Yes you do get the mabu back if you either sell or store a community building. You won't be able to get it back out of storage without the requisite free mabu, of course. The benefit of storing over selling a community building is that you can skip the build time with a stored community building.
How do you not own Quigley? You crazy! Especially now that we can collect kingdom XP again.
He can't get in bushes, trees and the like, I don't think. I've got bushes and trees and markers in every "hidden" square behind buildings to force "the Tourist" out into the open.
I know. Seriously! But this does let me get a count of how many stones I have.
I'm not sure what makes the game crash on visits. When it crashes I can usually go right back and visit the same island no problems.
I'm with you!
Sell your regular fields if you don't want to use them?
Sure!
Yes it would! But they should still be there in the background for when they up the level cap to 45.
Which one is that? All mine seem to have animations...
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#4 Posted: 22:34:48 23/08/2013
The water sanctuary has the least amount of animation. You have to zoom right in to see the water flowing.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#5 Posted: 22:35:42 23/08/2013
Quote: CrazyCanuck
Did Lash ever figure out why he crashed for everyone?

Lash is a she. And the only thing I could figure out was that I got that error code 13 that wrecked my game and apparently made everyone that tried to visit me crash. I ended up picking up my "local" game where I left off when activate came about and created a new activate account.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#6 Posted: 22:36:09 23/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: midas73

Which one is that? All mine seem to have animations...

They all have the glowing element symbol, and I thought all but water had an additional animation. I'd never zoomed in really close before to see that the water is actually moving.
Qanai Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#7 Posted: 23:09:17 23/08/2013
Quote:
They all have the glowing element symbol, and I thought all but water had an additional animation. I'd never zoomed in really close before to see that the water is actually moving.

My Air, Water, and Undead do not have glowing element symbols.

Quote:
I agree, but it isn't a big enough frustration to be worth complaining about. Sort/filter interfaces are a pain to program.

They UI wouldn't be too tough if they kept it to one field. They already have sorting (gifts waiting to be opened show at top) and filtering (visiting a friend from another friend's kingdom shows only available kingdoms), so some amount of code is already present. *** Edit: it had been a while since I visited other kingdoms. The UI to visit another kingdom doesn't filter, it only sorts. I still don't think it'd be bad as long as they keep it simple.

Quote:
Why shouldn't it be available? You can buy Giant/Sidekick/Alter-ego houses without the giant/sidekick/alter-ego.

I think he means consistency for companions. You cannot buy Hugo's Den without Hugo or Beatrees building without Beatrees, but you can buy Quigley's building without Quigley.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:57 24/08/2013 by Qanai
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#8 Posted: 01:13:37 24/08/2013
When Quigley and his hut were released you had to buy his hut to complete a goal and then the next step was to buy Quigley. I just assumed it was to encourage gem spending... I don't know why they didn't do it this way with Hugo or Beatrees.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me