Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Sad moments in gaming [CLOSED]
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#1 Posted: 18:26:42 18/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Games can be sad, just like anything else. Sad moments vary from beating a game you love, to a characters death, to forgetting to save right after you caught that rare shiny or legendary smilie Post any moments like that here. Even find them on youtube and link them if you want smilie (Yes, there was a topic for this months ago)
---
Hurrah!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#2 Posted: 18:38:09 18/08/2013
A Shiny Rhyhorn fleeing from the battle... (In Safari Zone)

Serious note:
I never played the game, but saw this: Dom's death in Gears of War 3.

Xion's death in KH 358/2 Days.

Zack's death in FF7 Crisis Core.

EDIT: Added links
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:13:17 18/08/2013 by Seiki
#3 Posted: 18:52:02 18/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
A Shiny Rhyhorn fleeing from the battle... (In Safari Zone)

Serious note:
I never played the game, but saw this: Dom's death in Gears of War 3.

Xion's death in KH 358/2 Days.

Zack's death in FF7 Crisis Core.

I may link these later.

I believe I've seen Zack's death on Youtube, despite never playing the game. And my friend showed me Dom's death. I've never played the game, but it still was extremely depressing.
---
Hurrah!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 18:58:46 18/08/2013
Machine ghost death.
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#5 Posted: 19:07:15 18/08/2013
E-102 Gamma's death from 'Sonic Adventure', I cried. ;__;
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#6 Posted: 19:16:40 18/08/2013
Sonic Unleashed's ending, specifically this.

Quote: TorchSheep

I feel like the only person who didn't find that scene sad at all.
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#7 Posted: 19:35:01 18/08/2013
This moment smilie. Warning: You might cry.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#8 Posted: 19:46:38 18/08/2013
Oh Seiki I know that feeling, I had a shiny marill escape from me in the Great Marsh. smilie
Three games have managed to break my heart with their endings; Twilight Princess, Red Dead Redemption, and Bioshock Infinite. ;__; I won't spoil how though just in case anyone hasn't gotten the chance to play them yet. (RDR and Infinite especially)
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#9 Posted: 19:58:01 18/08/2013
When Luvbi turned out to be the 8th Pure Heart...it was sad when she sacrificed herself to help save the world.

From Super Paper Mario...BLARG!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#10 Posted: 20:57:25 18/08/2013
Quote: DragonCamo
When Luvbi turned out to be the 8th Pure Heart...it was sad when she sacrificed herself to help save the world.

And then it became almost for nothing because she's alive after beating the game.

Boop.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#11 Posted: 21:08:25 18/08/2013
Quote: King_Pika
Quote: DragonCamo

And then it became almost for nothing because she's alive after beating the game.

Boop.

I know, it ruined a perfectly good sad moment!

BLARG!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#12 Posted: 22:21:33 18/08/2013
Quote: spyro and sonic
Sonic Unleashed's ending, specifically this.

Quote: TorchSheep

I feel like the only person who didn't find that scene sad at all.

Agreed on both points.
Heck, Gamma didn't even DIE in Sonic Adventure. The flicky inside was what fueled the robot body's personality. That flicky got out and reunited with it's family. That's a HAPPY ending.

Moving onto Sonic Battle, Eggman actually rebuilds E-102 Gamma, but without putting a flicky inside, so he was a raw killing machine with no personality.

Speaking of Sonic Battle, it definitely has the most depressing ending of any Sonic game.

After Sonic and his friends raising and developing Emerl like a child throughout the game, Eggman figures out how to unlock Emerl's full destructive power. He threatens to destroy the planet with a huge ray beam from the Death Egg, but this is merely a ruse to lure Emerl into Eggman's clutches (Eggman would never want to destroy the planet as his ultimate goal has always been to rule it).

When Emerl makes his way to the Death Egg and defeats Eggman in battle, Eggman announces a particular phrase. This phrase is Emerl's key word that turns him into a raw, super charged killing machine once he hears the word while in possesion of all Chaos Emeralds. Emerl then overthrows Eggman, and sets the ray beam up to fire at the planet.

So after you having spent an entire game raising this robot and watching it grow up, it sets out to destroy the planet.

So Sonic then heads to the Death Egg to take Emerl on. Sonic initially tries to reason with Emerl, but Emerl is stoic and focused only on destruction. So Sonic fights him, and defeats him. After the fight though, Emerl snaps out of "destruction mode" and goes back to his regular personality. He at first doesn't know what's going on, but quickly realises what he did, and the extent of his now critical condition. He asks Sonic if he is going to die, but Sonic tries to comfort Emerl, saying that he was a good robot, and that it wasn't his fault he nearly destroyed the planet (this statement is made even sadder by the fact that everything that happened was Sonic's fault, because he gave Emerl the Chaos Emeralds and gave him permissiin to go and fight Eggman by himself). Sonic can't save Emerl, and Emerl is blown to bits, along with the Death Egg, as Sonic escapes. The rest of the ending is just Sonic informing his friends of what happened, and how they all deal with and eventually accept Emerl's death.

This makes Sonic Battle the first game where Sonic has had to beat up a friend and leave him for dead. As well as it being the first time where Sonic is the cause of all of the chaos.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13 Posted: 00:46:01 19/08/2013
the ending for The Walking Dead: The Game. it made me cry. same for all the endings of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.

I feel like i'm the only one who was emotional during these endings. smilie
---
Cool cool.
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#14 Posted: 01:05:59 19/08/2013
The crash of 1983.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#15 Posted: 01:09:26 19/08/2013
The intro of The Last Of Us.
#16 Posted: 01:15:10 19/08/2013
Quote: pankakesparx456
the ending for The Walking Dead: The Game. it made me cry. same for all the endings of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.

I feel like i'm the only one who was emotional during these endings. smilie

I did tear up a little for Blue Rescue Team, but not for the others even though they are sad.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#17 Posted: 01:34:32 19/08/2013
The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon endings, for definite. (Heck, some of the side stories in Explorers of Sky were sad, too)

I cried during Solatorobo, I think it was, in one of the scenes before the true ending.

And, ehh... Let me think... There was another game I had to put down because it made me cry... Can't remember what, though. Persona 3 was quite sad, with the ending. (especially if you'd maxed out some of the other characters social links and got their extra conversation bits)

I've got to say, I found that part of Sonic Adventure kinda sad.

Because, the poor birdies.

Trapped inside evil killer robots.

WHO WOULD DO THIS?

Hatoful Boyfriend. That made me cry too. And HoliStar, too.
Fatman Gold Sparx Gems: 2794
#18 Posted: 06:15:00 19/08/2013
my saddest moment in gaming is in halo 4 and I dont wanna spoil the ending so...

CAUTION!!! contains spoilers
the saddest moment is the ending of halo 4 and specifically the death of cortana, nothing else in gaming has touched me more than that my favorite character(Master Chief) lose someone so dear to him. in the past Chief has not shown any emotion, he has basically been a machine and cortana (who is an A.I.) has been more humane than chief, but in that ending ( although we cant see his face) shows emotion for the first time. In her last words Cortana told Chief to find out which one of them was the machine, referring to chiefs lack of emotions although chief is a human.
#19 Posted: 06:45:37 19/08/2013
Carlos death SR2.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#20 Posted: 08:03:02 19/08/2013
Red Dead Redemption: John Marston's death.
Probably the most sadistic thing I've ever experienced in a video game.

L.A. Noire:
Cole Phelps losing a rank, and his death at the end of the game.

Mafia II:
The ending, he basically has to sacrifice his best friend to be able to get along in his life.

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation:
The ending, where Lara Croft gets buried alive by the colasping tomb around her.

Tomb Raider: Chronicles:
The opening scene with Lara's monument.

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer:
When Spyro and Sparx finally get to go on their vacation, it's like a sugar sweet ending.

MediEvil:
Sir Daniel goes through ALL of those incredible challenges that he had to face, and after all that, he goes back to sleep. I just think it's kind of depressing in a really strange way. It's like he should be resting in peace anyway, and he had to earn the peace.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:09:08 19/08/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#21 Posted: 08:37:17 19/08/2013
Mother 3 (the game is really sad)
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#22 Posted: 12:45:35 19/08/2013
When you beat any of the mystery dungeon games. You start to rise and go back to your world, and when that is happening your partner is crying and shouting your name.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#23 Posted: 13:08:29 19/08/2013
the whole of mgs4
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#24 Posted: 16:02:24 19/08/2013
Oh...

- The ending of The Walking Dead (TTG), not much to say, it's depressive.

- Sara's sacrifice in Castlevania Lament of Innocense, Leon sacrifice his beloved wife as a cursed soul because she was bited by a vampire, to create the Vampire Killer and then he use it to defeat Walter and the night, that was sad...

- Final Battle, Albus sacrifice and the good ending of Castlevania Order of Ecclesia.
Well, the whole game is a bit depressive because you play as Shanoa, a woman who sacrifice her emotions to create the most powerful Glyph and last hope of the humankind to defeat Dracula, Dominus. Okay, before finishing off Dracula in the Final Battle, she figure out that she can't defeat him and then she desides to use Dominus, no matter what she use it and Dracula is gone, but Shanoa is dying, cause Dominus takes the life of the user, but instead of Dying, Albus is being sacrificed, to prevent Shanoa's death, Albus tells her why he just do it and then Albus makes Shanoa to make a promise:

Albus: If you want to repay me, then you can grant one final wish.
Shanoa: ...Anything.
Albus: Smile for me. That will be enough.
Shanoa: But--
Albus: Please... Before I fade away...
Shanoa: O...Okay...

Then Shanoa smiles with some tears, yes, she just recovered her emotions, Albus says thank you and he disappears and the Castle Collapse and Shanoa makes her escape..

I really cried like a little girl, that was one of the happiest and sad ending/moment I have ever seen and play in a videogame...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#25 Posted: 18:34:24 19/08/2013
Mother 3

When Hinawa diessmilie
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#26 Posted: 19:07:53 19/08/2013
mother 3, mgs4, mgs3 ending, ending of earthbound, end to shadow of the colossus

the beginning of kirby: squeak squad when
kirby's cake gets stolen

gets me every time too
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#27 Posted: 19:19:43 19/08/2013
Wait, we made it over 20 posts and no one mentioned Aeris's death in Final Fantasy VII? I guess it's lost its impact. *shrug*

For me, it's got to be Mother 3's...

Battle Against the Masked Man. So depressing, I don't even really consider it a boss battle. Also, the first time I played and Porky went into the Absolutely Safe Capsule, I thought he was going to get away with everything, and that was pretty depressing.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#28 Posted: 20:00:09 19/08/2013
Quote: HIR
Wait, we made it over 20 posts and no one mentioned Aeris's death in Final Fantasy VII? I guess it's lost its impact. *shrug*

I thought it was weird too.
---
#29 Posted: 20:18:54 19/08/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

I thought it was weird too.

1: Aerith, not Aeris.

2: I thought about mentioning it, but didn't in the end....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#30 Posted: 21:13:56 19/08/2013
Falling in the ice in "Star Ocean Till the end of time"
I forgot a button allows to walk carefully on it -__-
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#31 Posted: 21:21:14 19/08/2013

Battle Against the Masked Man. So depressing, I don't even really consider it a boss battle. Also, the first time I played and Porky went into the Absolutely Safe Capsule, I thought he was going to get away with everything, and that was pretty depressing.

Zack's death in FFVII Crisis Core made Aerith's death lose all impact it could of had on me. It's just the more depressing scene by far. Ironically, this is partly because of Aerith's connection to Zack. That's my opinion on the matter, at least.

-----
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#32 Posted: 21:30:00 19/08/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Zack's death in FFVII Crisis Core made Aerith's death lose all impact it could of had on me. It's just the more depressing scene by far. Ironically, this is partly because of Aerith's connection to Zack. That's my opinion on the matter, at least.

-----

Exactly. Aerith's is shocking since Sephiroth kinda shows up outta nowhere. Zack's is depressing. I nearly cried when I first saw his.
---
#33 Posted: 22:47:26 19/08/2013 | Topic Creator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbeIJZgKDw

I have no idea why I found a villain's death sad. I guess just because I didn't expect it to happen. I thought that throughout the game he would antagonize the group.
---
Hurrah!
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#34 Posted: 15:41:27 20/08/2013

Emm no, I think Aerith's death is SO overrated, just like the whole game <.<

If I want to choose a FF sad moment, that would be:

Auron's sending and Tidus fading away in Final Fantasy X ending.
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#35 Posted: 17:31:58 20/08/2013
The end of LoZ: Twilight princess.

Just because Midna's true form is revealed, and then she seals herself away from the world of light.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#36 Posted: 19:45:41 20/08/2013
All of Corpse Party: Blood Covered ;__;
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Shroomy Green Sparx Gems: 185
#37 Posted: 19:53:00 20/08/2013
Quote: somePerson
The intro of The Last Of Us.

agreed. Pull my heart out, why doncha Naughty Dog?
---
--Long Time Lurker--
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me