Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Anybody in darkSpyro know/play Warhammer?
Page 1 of 1
Anybody in darkSpyro know/play Warhammer? [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#1 Posted: 22:05:32 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
There isn't really a board specifically meant for something like this, so I thought SaN would do fine.

So, Warhammer. Pretty much everyone on this site plays vidya so some of you must at least know what Warhammer is.
Now, I'm talking about the tabletop miniature wargames, Fantasy Battle or 40k, not the videogames. Though if you want to discuss the settings in general it's all fine by me.
And yes, there are other forums for this, but I wanted to see if dS knows what Warhammer is.

I myself have played Fantasy Battles for about five years now. Lizardmen masterrace through thick and thin. I tried 40k with Orks but grew bored of them quickly.

If by some happenstance you don't know what Warhammer is but what to find out (and don't know how to google), here are the wikipedia links for Warhammer: Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40k.

I'm actually expecting this topic to go down with 0 replies but it's worth the shot. Interesting hobbies connect people, after all.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2 Posted: 22:31:34 12/08/2013
My cousin was addicted to it. Never got into it myself.
#3 Posted: 22:36:39 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo

Well at least someone knows what I'm talking about. It's actually quite widespread as a hobby, but still, everywhere I go people have no idea what it even is.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#4 Posted: 22:42:53 12/08/2013
Quote: Samius

Well at least someone knows what I'm talking about. It's actually quite widespread as a hobby, but still, everywhere I go people have no idea what it even is.

I swear he spent a fortune on all the figurines and books. Same with me and YuGiOh. smilie It looks really cool, but Idk if I have the time or money to get into it.
#5 Posted: 22:51:27 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I'm really sorry but I've never heard of it until now :[

Nah, that's actually what I expected. It's okay.

I swear he spent a fortune on all the figurines and books. Same with me and YuGiOh. :P It looks really cool, but Idk if I have the time or money to get into it.

Let me guess, he was playing 40K (the Scifi-themed game)?..

Well, unless you get a huge starting rush at the beginning you can start playing with a relatively small amount of money. You could spend a lot more on a sports hobby in a shorter amount of time.
You just.. You know, gotta ignore the fact that you're actually paying for little plastic soldiers that you still have to assemble and paint yourself.

It's cool though. Customizing your own army is actually half the fun, while the actual playing does come first. But still, it also presents the possibility that you can buy a regiment of unassembled warriors and then critically **** up with them, basically wasting your own money.
MrW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1356
#6 Posted: 23:06:45 12/08/2013
I have heard about this a lot, dunno why...
---
Science, *****!
#7 Posted: 23:12:08 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: MrW
I have heard about this a lot, dunno why...

Could that be because I talk about it a lot?
#8 Posted: 23:45:04 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: shorty
My parents had some of the figures and stuff though I've never personally played it and I'm not sure if we kept them after our last move.

Interesting. Warhammer: Fantasy Battles was originally released in 1983, so it's not unheard of for older players to have played it for decades.

I hope I still haven't gotten rid of my army when I hit my thirties or so.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#9 Posted: 03:01:01 13/08/2013
[User Posted Image]

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me