Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 44 45 46
The UK Hunting And News Topic!
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#1151 Posted: 08:52:14 27/09/2014
The Battle Pack will probably be one of the packs with two Skylanders and a battle piece in. I notice that Smyths are selling a carton of 6 battle packs for £19.99 so they're obviously desperate to get rid.

Since the Smyths pre-order still seems to be a big bust and very confusing, what exactly are the pre-order incentives for the other stores? I have a pre-order in with (ugh) GAME for the Dark Edition, which has the Outlaw Brawl and Chain trap, but what are the pre-order incentives for other stores?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#1152 Posted: 11:30:18 27/09/2014
Ugh!
So it's just "have the old stock we can't sell". I had assumed it was something new TT related!

Also, I know it's cheap, but WHY would you want FIVE of the same battle pack? For toy mutilation experiments?
I spose the custom figure makers may like the offer...
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#1153 Posted: 19:22:10 27/09/2014
Hey guys, just got back from EGX and was greeted with a catalogue from SMYTHS, a UK toy store.

I of course had a look for any Trap Team info, and there was a small section on it, so here are some pics of what was inside.

Sadly no prices though... stupidly.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Yeah, I took a few smilie
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#1154 Posted: 19:23:55 27/09/2014
Got the exact same thing when I got home from EGX, wish that there were prices are on the figures
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:42 27/09/2014 by TTD
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1155 Posted: 19:48:47 27/09/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/page/o/SkylandersSwapForce50offFigures/[/url]

50% off of Swap Force Skylanders!
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#1156 Posted: 20:51:39 27/09/2014
Gamestop has Eon' Elite Spyro up for pre-order for just shy of £20. It's not much, but it's a fiver less than amazon.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Oth...rch%3Fq%3Dspyro
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#1157 Posted: 21:28:59 27/09/2014
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Gamestop has Eon' Elite Spyro up for pre-order for just shy of £20. It's not much, but it's a fiver less than amazon.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Oth...rch%3Fq%3Dspyro

Welp these are meant to be exclusive to amazon, plus i think youd have to pay shipping costs with gamestop, who ive heard can be pretty unrelaible :/ could be a wrong listing by them but who knows outlaw brawl and chain is supposedly meant to be a GAME exclusive yet zavvi, and ToysRUS are listing it too.
#1158 Posted: 22:41:52 27/09/2014
I've preordered and postage was only £3, but Gamestop offer free postage on anything over £20, so I just threw in a DI power disc pack (for like, £1.97, and considering they normally go for £3.99...) so I got mine for free.

Gamestop IS a little bit unreliable, but I'm happy to test the waters here and report back on release if others are hesitant.
---
TheBladesFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1485
#1159 Posted: 23:01:57 27/09/2014
I do hope they still have Gearshift as a bonus. I'll just buy her later if she's not in the offer. I'll trade in the battle pack at GAME.
---
bookloverlolly.tumblr.com
Skylander Count: SSA 52/54 SG 61/66 SSF ??/?? STT ??/?? SSC 51/65 SI 6/??
#1160 Posted: 12:06:28 28/09/2014
I've preordered and postage was only £3, but Gamestop offer free postage on anything over £20, so I just threw in a DI power disc pack (for like, £1.97, and considering they normally go for £3.99...) so I got mine for free.

Gamestop IS a little bit unreliable, but I'm happy to test the waters here and report back on release if others are hesitant.

Fair enough well i know my friend is getting the Dragon Age CE from them and is paying for courier shipping to be on the safe side, I'm kinda hoping that amazon get all 8 of eon's elite here dont want to be jumping from one site to another to get the last 6, expecting whirlwind and trigger happy to be released in january just wish they would go up for pre-order already
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#1161 Posted: 12:18:10 28/09/2014
I hope you'll be able to "play through the box" with the Eon's Elite range
---
Whip up a storm!
#1162 Posted: 12:28:28 28/09/2014
you can it seems though there is approximately almost 2 inches between the base of the display case and the figure itself the portal can read it
#1163 Posted: 07:03:32 29/09/2014
That's good. The pictures make it look like there's a massive distance...
I still think it'll be a close one! Right on the edge of the communication field! Depending on the box size, they might be Portal hogs too!
---
Whip up a storm!
#1164 Posted: 23:25:04 29/09/2014
So it is pretty much confirmed that America will be getting Wave 2 on like Day 1, anyone know any details about the UK getting any Wave 2 stuff?

Though I'm only REALLY interested in getting both Adventure Packs on release (not including the Light and Dark ones).
---
#1165 Posted: 07:13:51 30/09/2014
I haven't seen any deals on wave 2 in the UK yet, aside from Smyth's false promises of a free Gearshift with Pre Order (she'll be available for standard purchase day 1).

That said, I think it's very highly unlikely that we'll see an early release of anything other than Gearshift. It is the curse of not living in the US I'm afraid, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of places to buy them online for inflated prices a month before UK retail.
---
#1166 Posted: 13:15:40 30/09/2014
I haven't seen any deals on wave 2 in the UK yet, aside from Smyth's false promises of a free Gearshift with Pre Order (she'll be available for standard purchase day 1).

That said, I think it's very highly unlikely that we'll see an early release of anything other than Gearshift. It is the curse of not living in the US I'm afraid, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of places to buy them online for inflated prices a month before UK retail.

I'm stll getting gearshift free from smyths thankfully as well as getting a discount from TRU, actually looking forward to the 10th now compared to what i was before as long as nothing screws up my plans to get everything i can in the next 10 days x.x
#1167 Posted: 14:57:33 30/09/2014
Quote: FrozenLionheart

I'm stll getting gearshift free from smyths thankfully as well as getting a discount from TRU, actually looking forward to the 10th now compared to what i was before as long as nothing screws up my plans to get everything i can in the next 10 days x.x

How do you know that you are still getting it for free? (The Gearshift).
---
#1168 Posted: 15:55:12 30/09/2014
Quote: Balphagor_
Quote: FrozenLionheart

How do you know that you are still getting it for free? (The Gearshift).

i hope this is ok for me to copy from my email

"RE: [26090]: Online Order*****

RE: [26090]: Online Order
cshelpdesk@smythstoys.com (cshelpdesk@smythstoys.com)

cshelpdesk@smythstoys.com
Dear Christopher,

Many thanks for your response.

As you have placed your order on the 13th you will receive your free Gear Shift.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Rhona
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores"

I was told on facebook if people pre-ordered between the 6th and the 15th online theyd defo get it, no idea about in store sadly :/.
Between this and toys r us due to the screw-up with the legendary tour....in the end not going to brent cross and i didnt get the email about that changing :/ Im now looking forward to the discounts and freebies im getting smilie should also know the prices by the end of the week in store as ive been told to phone up again at the end of the week, as they get their stock then

Edit: deleted my email address from the email....not taking risks smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:59:36 30/09/2014 by FrozenLionheart
#1169 Posted: 16:31:21 30/09/2014
It is getting a bit confusing now. They should really just come out and say if it's free or not.
Just sent them an email about it, I will post a reply soon.
Also I think I emailed GAME about 4 weeks ago now about gearshift, still no reply...
#1170 Posted: 21:51:37 30/09/2014
As I posted way back within this thread, I also got a reply directly from Smyths stating I would be getting it.

But to be honest, I don't think even they know what they are doing now, its kind of sad really.
---
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1171 Posted: 22:24:28 30/09/2014
So it is pretty much confirmed that America will be getting Wave 2 on like Day 1, anyone know any details about the UK getting any Wave 2 stuff?

Though I'm only REALLY interested in getting both Adventure Packs on release (not including the Light and Dark ones).

Well Last Year Argos Has Wave 2 On Day One But Only The Swappers
---
"Taking Charge"
#1172 Posted: 22:34:12 30/09/2014
While I remember, am I the only one here in the UK who is worried about how much everything is going to cost?
---
#1173 Posted: 06:22:46 01/10/2014
While I remember, am I the only one here in the UK who is worried about how much everything is going to cost?

Your not im easily spending £150 on figures/traps+the storage case alone at TRU, and then the 2 starter packs....its kinda scary when you add it all up and this year im spending a ton more than i did on swap force.....
#1174 Posted: 06:25:24 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator

I do because I'm not sure I can get everything I want.
---
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#1175 Posted: 11:43:29 01/10/2014
Ok, so I also got an email confirmation from customer services saying I WILL receive a free Gearshift figure.

I am happy now.
#1176 Posted: 14:21:43 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, that's better smilie!
---
#1177 Posted: 17:20:59 01/10/2014
I think I might contact Smyths one more time.

I mean I do have a confirmation email from them already, but I want to be sure now.
---
#1178 Posted: 22:04:02 01/10/2014
Don't really like to double post, but I thought this "deserved" to be a separate thing rather than an edit.

Has anyone heard any details at all about any day 1 seals going on in the UK?

With the game a little over a week away here (even less elsewhere in the world) I am wondering if we will get any BOGOF, of BOGO 50% off, or whatever.

I am still a little worried about the fact that nowhere really has mentioned getting any stock besides the Starter Packs.

So be sure to post any details you find on either of these things. (Plz)
---
#1179 Posted: 05:09:59 02/10/2014
Aside from pre order bonuses and storage merchandise, I've not seen anything :/
---
Whip up a storm!
#1180 Posted: 05:30:32 02/10/2014 | Topic Creator
It was like this last year. We couldn't pre-order until the day before the game came out.
---
#1181 Posted: 15:13:10 02/10/2014
I thought you guys might just want to see this email I got back from SMYTHS today.

"Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email.

As stated on your confirmation email, you will receive your free Gearshift character with your Skylanders Trap Team pre-order.

Apologies for any confusion.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Marie
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores"

So apparently they are pretty much guaranteeing that I will be receiving one at this stage.

I hope that all the confusion is wrong and everyone who Pre-Ordered with them gets one though.
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1182 Posted: 15:31:06 02/10/2014
I really need to start catching up on my collection again now that Trap Team will be out soon.
Anyone know which place (shop or website) would be best to help me finish up my Swap Force collection? Like, which has the best price for the figures.
---
Bring the Fanta
#1183 Posted: 15:37:22 02/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
I really need to start catching up on my collection again now that Trap Team will be out soon.
Anyone know which place (shop or website) would be best to help me finish up my Swap Force collection? Like, which has the best price for the figures.

On game.co.uk they're 50% off.
---
Spyro557 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3796
#1184 Posted: 17:00:16 02/10/2014
I asked about Gearshift and they sent me this email today:

thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the Gearshift character is not part of your pre-order bonuses.

Gearshift will be exclusive to Smyths Toys to purchase from launch. Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Warm Regards,
Fergus
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores

So frustrated with them about this since some people are getting her and others aren't.
Just to note that I ordered the 3DS version and ordered it on the 5th September. So I'm not sure what to do about this now smilie
#1185 Posted: 17:12:24 02/10/2014
I'm putting them on the spot now, I really want an answer. Just sent them this, hopefully I will get a REAL answer:
Hello,
Could you please clear up some confusion, I am wondering if the gearshift figure will be a preorder bonus with skylanders trap team. My friends have had different replies, one saying yes and the other saying no. Below are their replies. Could you please give me an answer if we are getting the figures or not.
Here are their replies:

thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the Gearshift character is not part of your pre-order bonuses.

Gearshift will be exclusive to Smyths Toys to purchase from launch. Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Warm Regards,
Fergus
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores

And

As stated on your confirmation email, you will receive your free Gearshift character with your Skylanders Trap Team pre-order.

Apologies for any confusion.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Marie
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:58 02/10/2014 by TTD
#1186 Posted: 17:31:25 02/10/2014
If we dont het huge delivery boxes i think thers going to be a lot of rage going to smyths, because this is getting silly...well i hope they dont try and get nitro head rush or the enchanted line if it exists this year.... I hate game but id rather they got em rather than smyths
#1187 Posted: 18:09:01 02/10/2014
Well to clarify, I ordered the 3DS Trap Team, and that is what they are saying I am getting it free with.

And my order date was: "Order Date: 08/09/2014 01:29:01" (Taken directly from the email)

Spyro557 did you order it in the store or online? Mine was online and I am curious if maybe that is where the problem is coming from...

Edit: Also to FrozenLionheart: It really is a bad sign for a company if you actually WANT to deal with GAME over them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:13 02/10/2014 by Balphagor_
#1188 Posted: 18:23:28 02/10/2014
Balphagor_ I also ordered the 3ds starter pack online just like you, so not sure why they're saying I'm not going to receive it.
#1189 Posted: 18:37:16 02/10/2014
Yes, I have also ordered the 3DS version from Smyths, I ordered it on 06/09/2014
#1190 Posted: 18:52:06 02/10/2014
I dont even know what to think about that, I mean you both Pre-Ordered before I did, so it makes even less sense.

Spyro557 I recommend that you contact them and ask WHY you don't get it, yet other people do.

Put them on the spot and ask why you are being excluded.
---
#1191 Posted: 19:03:37 02/10/2014
When I contacted them back in September they said that I would get it, so just by showing them the email in store they will have to give it to us as it is the law and if they didn't give it to us it would be breaking the law under false advertising. When I've been to Toys R us (It could have been a different store, can't remember) before they charged me £40 for assassins creed 3 when on a poster in the store it said half price so they had to sell it to me for £20.
#1192 Posted: 19:07:32 02/10/2014
They do have to abide by trading standards. Otherwise they yes will be breaking the law, and you could charge them.

It doesn't happen often (because people are lazy) but people really should contact trading standards more, it might scare these companies into actually... well working.
---
#1193 Posted: 19:17:04 02/10/2014
^ If we don't get the gearshift figures we should contact BBC watchdog, if 5+ people contact them they feature it on TV and normally the company will give them a large voucher. Oh well, all this over a skylander figure haha
#1194 Posted: 19:19:22 02/10/2014
Yes, I just sent them an email asking for an explanation. Here's what I said:

"Hi again,

Can you please explain the reason why I won't be receiving the Gearshift figure? I've heard you have confirmed some people will receive the figure and others won't. So why is this?

Thanks and hope you can provide a response soon."

I'm really hoping everyone will receive Gearshift after all this mess.
#1195 Posted: 20:28:11 02/10/2014
Well to clarify, I ordered the 3DS Trap Team, and that is what they are saying I am getting it free with.

And my order date was: "Order Date: 08/09/2014 01:29:01" (Taken directly from the email)

Spyro557 did you order it in the store or online? Mine was online and I am curious if maybe that is where the problem is coming from...

Edit: Also to FrozenLionheart: It really is a bad sign for a company if you actually WANT to deal with GAME over them.

I hate game dont get me wrong but they have never broken a preorder guarauntee though their website is terrible and my address is suposedly invalid on my accounts so i shop as a guest but compared ive saved a lot during their deals especially when i got twin blade chop chop....got LC whamshell and warnado free though it was meant to be 3 for 2 i paid for the cheapest item got the other 2 free yet they still honoured the sale and sent out a replacement set as royal mail suck
#1196 Posted: 22:54:14 02/10/2014
Well packing computer away to get it shipped and fixed, getting it back next friday (yes literally so I can record Trap Team).

So I wont be able to post much besides what I can post via iphone, so besides little things, goodbye for a week... kinda. smilie
---
#1197 Posted: 13:07:48 03/10/2014
Ok, well here's the reply I got from Smyths today:

I have added you to the list to receive the Free Gearshift Character. Sorry for the delay as we had to take time to investigate this further. We appreciate your patience and understanding. If we can help you with anything else please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Owen
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores

So it seems now they are finally investigating this, and now I will receive Gearshift.
I recommend anyone else who pre-ordered send them an email to make sure you get Gearshift free.
#1198 Posted: 15:47:19 03/10/2014
Everyone who has preordered will receive their gearshift.
Here's the reply:

Dear Adam,

As i cannot see the previous emails that took place between your friends and my colleagues this is completely taken out of context. Each one would of been investigated differently depending on pre order dates. The Gearshift character is for pre orders.

If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Customer Service Dept.
Smyths Toys Superstores
rogpalmeruk Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1199 Posted: 20:39:09 03/10/2014
Gotta admit, with a week till launch, still feels bad not knowing what else is going to be available... seems like Toys r US in the US has lots of info out on what characters, traps etc,,,,, not exactly easy to budget :-(
---
Twitter/Instagram : @rogpalmeruk
Youtube/Twitch : Vinylmationkingdom http://youtube.com/vinylmationkingdom
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#1200 Posted: 21:00:42 03/10/2014
Well, I'm going to just stick with GAME and get the Dark Edition, and probably get the 3DS one down the line at some point. I didn't get a pre-order in at Smyths and I've got plenty of other games to keep me going. I've not even 100% completed Swap Force, but I will keep chipping away at it.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 46 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 44 45 46

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me