Page 1 of 1
SSA PS3 portal of power issues... [CLOSED]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#1 Posted: 05:27:57 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Why does it keep eating through all my betteries?? i've gone thru an entire pack plus what they came with in just a week... can the xbox wierd USB work for my ps3? i'll just look into getting that if i cant fix this... btw im using duracell.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 05:47:13 08/08/2013
That was such a problem in ALL the wireless portals that in Giants they all have wires now (as far as I know). Everybody was complaining, everybody agreed that the portals ate batteries. A month of two ago I was playing on my nephews' Wii, and between the portal and the remotes we FLEW through batteries in the one afternoon, in a few hours. The portal killed at least 2 sets. My brother mostly sticks with rechargeables, which is advisable here for this very reason.

Unfortunately, the XBox portals are special. The others are fairly interchangeable, but the XBox portal only works on the XBox, and the XBox will only read an XBox portal, no other. At least that's according what I've read on here. It's rather annoying, really. Your best bet would be to pick up Giants for the PS3 (or at least a Giants portal, like from eBay or Craig's List or Kijiji). Then it's wired AND it will work with your system.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
SparkSpyro Red Sparx Gems: 65
#3 Posted: 11:10:56 08/08/2013
I have similar probs with the wireless portal on PS3, ended up getting a wired hints portal.
#4 Posted: 14:02:55 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
thanks niceguy! i think i'll pick up giants when i get the chance.. if for anyother reason to have a wired ps3 controller.
---

kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 09:47:59 09/08/2013
you can try get this for the old ssa portal (ps3/wii)...

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

buy here or look amazon..
http://www.zavvi.com/games/gam...k/10630402.html

also the swap force will come with a new and even more improved portal.......
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:49:26 09/08/2013 by kappapopm
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#6 Posted: 12:45:06 09/08/2013
I have the following problem: my cousin played SSA and left for several minutes, after that Portal turned off. I couldn't turn it on then, I also tried randomly pressing sync and power buttons. LED did not stay on, but sometimes it blinked for a short moment. Battery replacement did nothing.
I reply here because I don't want to spam with new topic.
---
Any Osu fan here?
#7 Posted: 17:19:04 09/08/2013 | Topic Creator
OMG YES! that's exactly what i need! thank you! The site you linked is sold out, but i'll see where else i can find it. Thanks again so much! smilie & i'm glad im not the only one with this issue. i like the game play & graphics better on ps3 but the portal is rly glitchy.. where as the 360 version isnt. im sure it's because of the USB.
---

kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#8 Posted: 18:26:31 09/08/2013
Quote: Wojowu
I have the following problem: my cousin played SSA and left for several minutes, after that Portal turned off. I couldn't turn it on then, I also tried randomly pressing sync and power buttons. LED did not stay on, but sometimes it blinked for a short moment. Battery replacement did nothing.
I reply here because I don't want to spam with new topic.

i think you should try contact activision and get a replacement....
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#9 Posted: 19:16:04 09/08/2013
Get the good type of rechargable batteries. I use them all the time for my everyday needs.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#10 Posted: 18:27:06 10/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm officially out of batteries.... i just picked them up last week & it was the $10 pack of duracells... i'm gonna def look into getting giants next week when i get paid. TRU is having a sale, giants is only gonna be $20, or so im told. i'm having a friend pick them up for me.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me