Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Help with a Little Something... [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 02:16:01 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, so school starts tomorrow and I know less than 20% of the kids going, and I am really nervous for it. And I have GAD, here is a quick summary of it:
Quote: ADAA
Generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by persistent, excessive, and unrealistic worry about everyday things.

People with the disorder, which is also referred to as GAD, experience exaggerated worry and tension, often expecting the worst, even when there is no apparent reason for concern. They anticipate disaster and are overly concerned about money, health, family, work, or other issues. GAD is diagnosed when a person worries excessively about a variety of everyday problems for at least 6 months. Learn more symptoms.

Sometimes just the thought of getting through the day produces anxiety. They don’t know how to stop the worry cycle and feel it is beyond their control, even though they usually realize that their anxiety is more intense than the situation warrants.

GAD affects 6.8 million adults, or 3.1% of the U.S. population, in any given year. Women are twice as likely to be affected.

The disorder comes on gradually and can begin across the life cycle, though the risk is highest between childhood and middle age. Although the exact cause of GAD is unknown, there is evidence that biological factors, family background, and life experiences, particularly stressful ones, play a role.

When their anxiety level is mild, people with GAD can function socially and be gainfully employed. Although they may avoid some situations because they have the disorder, some people can have difficulty carrying out the simplest daily activities when their anxiety is severe.

And for me, it generally means I puke alot, and shake uncontrollably, and sweat heavily, and can't eat/drink. And it is already kicking in for me, and I feel like i am about to puke, which means I probably will soon. So, my question is how do you think I can deal with it? Like, do you guys know any good ways to take my mind off of things?

(for those people who will just be like: tl;dr, here is a summary: I puke alot because of anxiety, I am anxious about school, it starts tomorrow, any good mind-relievers?)

p.s: I have to wake up at six tomorrow, to be at the bus stop by 7:00, so I will have a whole hour to feel anxious.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 02:29:01 08/08/2013
Keep calm.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#3 Posted: 02:34:56 08/08/2013
Just listen to music, and get lost in it~

If you can't do that, read a book, or get lost in schoolwork, and just don't think about your anxiety.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#4 Posted: 02:35:31 08/08/2013
Thats gotta suck. Too bad this kinds of stuff has no medicine.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#5 Posted: 02:37:46 08/08/2013
You shouldn't have a problem unless well you think to much about school. Think of other things that keep you calm.
#6 Posted: 02:38:14 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: sniper52
Thats gotta suck. Too bad this kinds of stuff has no medicine.

Yeah, I puked alot on the way to the grand Canyon... on a bus... with 50 other kids...
---
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#7 Posted: 02:40:37 08/08/2013
Just do something relaxing. Like find a video game to play. If you have SSBB, we have a lot of players (including me) that are anxious for people to duel. Or you can read a book, hang with us, or do kareoke for all I care. Do something that you like.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#8 Posted: 02:43:09 08/08/2013
If you can't get your mind of going to school, think of all the positives of it. Such as seeing your friends, for example.
Padfoot74 Blue Sparx Gems: 743
#9 Posted: 03:05:58 08/08/2013
Poor joerox. Im not good with advice but have a bucket at all times.
---
Go,Typhlosion!! Use Flamethrower!! [SOCKS!!!]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#10 Posted: 03:08:21 08/08/2013
I don't really know anything about disorders amd stuff like that, but i just do something calming, like watch The Legend of Korra or read The Hunger Games Trilogy. No, but just do something relaxing.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#11 Posted: 03:10:53 08/08/2013
I know one person at the school I'm going to and I'll be living there. I'm utterly terrified. Just remember you will still be at home and have people you know you can talk to.
#12 Posted: 12:09:59 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, I am gonna draw. It is here, my stomach is freaking it. I have two whole hours because my dogs woke me up D:
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me