Page 1 of 1
Competitive Scene Questions [CLOSED]
keninblack Red Sparx Gems: 11
#1 Posted: 07:25:56 07/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello, new here, have yet to buy the game or anything. I'm interested in it though, but I'm just very curious about the tournament scene of the game. So here is some questions I have.

-Tier List... is S tier banned? Or are those fair play?
-PVP, how many characters do I need for a tournament?
-Tournaments, does the game have an offline following? Like could I find a tournament in Virginia and compete at like a hobby shop or something?
-Online, is the netcode good? Is anyone doing consistent online tournaments or anything like that?
-For a team, can I just mesh the set amount of s tier characters and be good? Or do they have certain types and strengths when paired with another character?
-Age range? I'm just curious as to how young/old the majority is.

Let me know guys, thanks! smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 10:56:00 07/08/2013
I don't play tournaments or multiplayer, so most of what you're asking is over my head, but I can answer some. (Like, I have no idea what entails "S-tier" though I do know there have been threads on here were people vote characters into such tiers)

- There is NO ONLINE PLAY at all. Nothing. Nada. The game cannot do anything online, there aren't even patches or downloadable content.
- On the local, one console level, you can play up to 2 players, and then it's co-op
- There IS a PvP mode, it's just one-on-one at a time, and a local shop/organization could feasibly construct some tournament around that, but it would be hard to make it fair, since there are several things you can do to make your character stronger, which will make it tougher for characters who haven't been so upgraded. Also, the characters are split into 8 elements (categories). Each element is strong over 1 other, and weak to 1 other, so a fight between paired elements will be lop-sided.
- The game is aimed at about 6 to 12 year olds, by my estimation, though plenty of adult gamers exist (like me). If you find a local tournament, you should ask them what they see.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 14:49:14 07/08/2013
There's no online, so you will have to find local Skylanders fans in order to partake in some PVP.

Elements are weak/strong to each other, and certain characters are downright cheap (S-Tier). I suggest checking out Gamefaqs.com, where a friend of mine has a character rating topic on the 360 board for Giants. He's in the process of working on a new one, with all characters fully maxed on Heroics. He told me it may be about a week or so until he's ready to post it.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me