Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
What's your sexuality? [CLOSED]
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#201 Posted: 19:21:09 08/08/2013
Quote: zzsdf
Quote: Carmelita Fox

But that wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for people being scared of religion.

aw yeah they're just "scared" it's not like the implications of what she said were offensive to non-heterosexuals at all

That's what she believes in and people try to make her change her mind everytime she mentions it. Is it her fault if people have done that for the last two pages? They should have just accepted her beliefs and nothing would have happened, but religion isn't accepted on darkSpyro. Even 4chan wouldn't mind her post.

When you make an offensive post like that, of course you're going to get criticism.

If I were to say something outrageous like "all black people are horrible," should everyone just let me say that without even batting an eye?
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#202 Posted: 19:22:11 08/08/2013
I just think the church beliefs need to be updated
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#203 Posted: 19:30:24 08/08/2013
Quote: Kitty

aw yeah they're just "scared" it's not like the implications of what she said were offensive to non-heterosexuals at all

That's what she believes in and people try to make her change her mind everytime she mentions it. Is it her fault if people have done that for the last two pages? They should have just accepted her beliefs and nothing would have happened, but religion isn't accepted on darkSpyro. Even 4chan wouldn't mind her post.

When you make an offensive post like that, of course you're going to get criticism.

If I were to say something outrageous like "all black people are horrible," should everyone just let me say that without even batting an eye?

It's different. Hers is a religion (the most famous one), not some weird idea she came up with. She believes in a God who told her that's wrong or whatever, other people shouldn't care about that if they don't believe in that God, should they?
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#204 Posted: 19:40:25 08/08/2013
Not really. If someone is raised in an environment full of racism it's not something they've come up with, but are rather adapting to their situation.

And it wouldn't be such an issue if religion didn't play such a key role in how people who are gay are treated, for example being bullied, not allowed to marry (or if allowed, not always equal rights as a straight marriage), not allowed to adopt children, etc.
#205 Posted: 19:42:43 08/08/2013
Sooo... she has to expect people trying to change her mind and raging at her because she's a Christian? Some ideas may be a bit hard to understand to someone on the outside but that's a bit too much I think.
It is not acceptable that people try to debate all these things everytime she mentions them.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#206 Posted: 19:47:05 08/08/2013
Sooo... she has to expect people trying to change her mind and raging at her because she's a Christian? Some ideas may be a bit hard to understand to someone on the outside but that's a bit too much I think.
It is not acceptable that people try to debate all these things everytime she mentions them.

The same thing happens to me every time I bring up my atheism. The fact is, when you have a lot of inquisitive minds in one place, like darkSpyro, and you bring up something like religion, there are GOING to be debates. Not really much you can do.

This particular one didn't turn out so well, but some debates can result in learning and building of minds. Would you say that's unacceptable?
#207 Posted: 19:49:37 08/08/2013
I don't understand why people like you keep trying to change torok's mind, look for flawlesses in religion like you kept trying to do in your topic. If you find it fun I'm not going to stop anyone, it just annoys me that people think it's torok's fault if the topic was derailed.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#208 Posted: 19:49:39 08/08/2013
Quote: Metallo

The same thing happens to me every time I bring up my atheism. The fact is, when you have a lot of inquisitive minds in one place, like darkSpyro, and you bring up something like religion, there are GOING to be debates. Not really much you can do.

This particular one didn't turn out so well, but some debates can result in learning and building of minds. Would you say that's unacceptable?

oh???
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#209 Posted: 19:51:01 08/08/2013
I don't understand why people like you keep trying to change torok's mind, look for flawlesses in religion like you kept trying to do in your topic. If you find it fun I'm not going to stop anyone, it just annoys me that people think it's torok's fault if the topic was derailed.

Exactly.
Guys, listen to zzdsf please.

And metallo, no it doesn't.
#210 Posted: 19:52:02 08/08/2013

I'm not really trying to change her mind, in all honesty I respect her faith, but I just want her to see things from the other side's point of view. And there are flaws in everything if you look hard enough.

And also, I never said it was her fault. It's probably ours for jumping on her.

Quote: Big Green

oh???

Yes, that's why I don't really trumpet it anymore. I used to WAAAY often, when I first made this account, back before you joined.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:32 08/08/2013 by Metallo
#211 Posted: 19:57:23 08/08/2013

I'm not really trying to change her mind, in all honesty I respect her faith, but I just want her to see things from the other side's point of view. And there are flaws in everything if you look hard enough.

You're the only one left doing this, it's like you're trying to find contradictions in the religion.

Quote:
Yes, that's why I don't really trumpet it anymore. I used to WAAAY often, when I first made this account, back before you joined.

ACTUALLY
#212 Posted: 19:58:36 08/08/2013

You're the only one left doing this, it's like you're trying to find contradictions in the religion.

I'm not trying to find contradictions in the religion, I'm trying to find contradictions in her argument. Also pankakesparx is arguing with her so I'm not the only one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:28 08/08/2013 by Metallo
#213 Posted: 20:00:40 08/08/2013
Again, I'm not going to stop you, but it must be annoying for her to be questioned everytime she mentions religion.
#214 Posted: 20:02:26 08/08/2013
Again, I'm not going to stop you, but it must be annoying for her to be questioned everytime she mentions religion.

True. I think I've said enough anyway.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#215 Posted: 20:04:46 08/08/2013

True. I think I've said enough anyway.

yeah, same here. I haven't said much but I think it's good to stop before I get into something I wasn't involved in.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:06:44 08/08/2013 by pankakesparx456
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#216 Posted: 20:08:02 08/08/2013

Yeah, it is a bit annoying.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#217 Posted: 20:58:49 08/08/2013
@Torok

If god said that we should love everyone, dosen't that mean that the sexuality that god wants you to be is Bisexual/Pansexual?smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#218 Posted: 21:04:29 08/08/2013
I'm sorry...i won't say anything else about Christianity...believe in what you believe.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#219 Posted: 21:37:31 08/08/2013

Well, in their weak defense, Torok could have simply posted "straight" and left it at that. Instead, she chose to deliberately add a religious-based opinion onto her statement that probably insulted more than a few people. It was just a single sentence, but "as God intended," could be interpreted an infinite number of different ways, including in such a way that certain people would feel insulted. They could have felt she was forcing her religious views onto them, which would definitely cause them to respond the way they did.

As for the flaws comment, yeah, it's kind of creepy. Plus, they didn't even point out the biggest fundamental flaw that's been in existence lately. How could God, who extremely religious folk like Torok say watches over and protects us if we bring him into our lives, allow 6 million of his children, the Jewish people, to be butchered by a madman, and millions more to die in the massive war than ensued as a result? I've been told "sacrifices must be made," over and over again, and that's not a legitimate argument. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#220 Posted: 22:00:12 08/08/2013
Quote: torok

Yeah, it is a bit annoying.

though i think you should stop linking the majority of your posts to religion, it's okay if it's an appropriate topic but it's ehhh when it's in every post you make
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#221 Posted: 22:05:34 08/08/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
@Torok

If god said that we should love everyone, dosen't that mean that the sexuality that god wants you to be is Bisexual/Pansexual?smilie

No, He doesn't mean love in a sexual kind of way.
#222 Posted: 22:10:21 08/08/2013
Quote: HIR

Well, in their weak defense, Torok could have simply posted "straight" and left it at that. Instead, she chose to deliberately add a religious-based opinion onto her statement that probably insulted more than a few people. It was just a single sentence, but "as God intended," could be interpreted an infinite number of different ways, including in such a way that certain people would feel insulted. They could have felt she was forcing her religious views onto them, which would definitely cause them to respond the way they did.

I bet nobody would have said anything if it was something like "straight, because my role model john lennon is straight too".
#223 Posted: 22:16:13 08/08/2013

I bet nobody would have said anything if it was something like "straight, because my role model john lennon is straight too".

Knowing me, I probably would have.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#224 Posted: 23:37:42 08/08/2013
this poor topic smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#225 Posted: 00:30:51 09/08/2013

I probably wouldn't have. But I'd be questioning it in the back of my head. After all, there's some strange science at work with that rationale. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12151
#226 Posted: 00:37:00 09/08/2013

no i bet someone would have because that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:33 09/08/2013 by Carmelita Fox
#227 Posted: 00:40:08 09/08/2013

exactamoondo
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#228 Posted: 00:52:44 09/08/2013
Well, that problem seems sorted out...(Finally.)
Why don't we just let this topic die now?
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#229 Posted: 02:38:27 09/08/2013

exactamoondo

go away
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#230 Posted: 02:42:53 09/08/2013

exactamoondo

go away

please don't take his smile away
he won't have it for long :c
#231 Posted: 02:53:36 09/08/2013
Quote: wspyro

exactamoondo

go away

its too late doctor
#232 Posted: 03:03:31 09/08/2013
Quote: wspyro

go away

its too late doctor

i....i just wish i could have done something!
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#233 Posted: 03:31:00 09/08/2013
geez, people, all we wanted to know is your sexuality not your opinion. lets keep the debates to a minimum unless you wanna start something in Idle chatter.

also im straight cause i love boy
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
#234 Posted: 10:16:51 09/08/2013

To you maybe, in fact you weren't part of the ones that tried to argue with torok, but I've seen more stupid things on this site that never got questioned and none of them were about religion. We all know that you'll always get a reaction here, hell someone even said "you'll be destroyed" because of it.

I probably wouldn't have. But I'd be questioning it in the back of my head. After all, there's some strange science at work with that rationale. <.<

Yessss that's exactly what people should have done.

"Really? That's weird, but who am I to judge other religions?"
And nothing would have ever started.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:25:34 09/08/2013 by zzsdf
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#235 Posted: 10:22:43 09/08/2013
Spyro.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Gage Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#236 Posted: 10:53:50 09/08/2013
Quote: wakapro77
geez, people, all we wanted to know is your sexuality not your opinion. lets keep the debates to a minimum unless you wanna start something in Idle chatter.

also im straight cause i love boy

I am boy, because I love straights.
---
Got it Memorized?
#237 Posted: 14:26:25 09/08/2013
Many of us would love to see others be understanding and reasonable. Problem is that these are mostly kids that think that making fun of someone will get them somewhere or find that it'll imply them to be better than that person. Maybe it'll get them somewhere with people their age, or less. Maybe they'll loose friends because of their rude attitudes. What I'm getting at is that is no surprise to see people act this way. Even if people try to get them to be reasonable, more people will keep doing the same thing. Many of the one you'll talk to think they didn't do anything wrong and keep making fun of a person for their beliefs. However, I'm not saying we shouldn't talk back. Try to educate civilization on what would be a proper way to respond.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm surprised that you're surprised to see people behave this way. Well, that's what I'm getting. Maybe you're not. I just feel you are.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#238 Posted: 15:01:25 09/08/2013
Straight like a slightly curved stick. I have to admit, I have had some weird thoughts in my head before about some of my friends, but the majority of my strange thoughts are about my female friends. One of which I really do like. Though one of my best friends also likes her. Anyway, about the whole homosexuality thing. I may be christian, and think it is wrong, but, I do agree with a few of you on this topic. They should be able to love whoever they love. I do think it is a bit disturbing, but, it is their heart. And also, God doesn't plan things, he just gives you choices, though he knows what you are going to choose. Never in the Bible, well, that's not true, but, about this subject, he did say that marriage was for man and woman. But, in this case, if it is true love, then they shouldn't be bullied on because of their love. You can't choose who you love, you only love who you love.
---
#hu
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#239 Posted: 15:42:26 09/08/2013
im bi cuz my role model sessykins is bi too <3333
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me