Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gnarly tree rex figure? [CLOSED]
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#1 Posted: 21:30:59 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
so as we all know the free gnarly tree rex bonus has arrived.
however i have noticed on his character icon there is a lack of a crown, which each character has to symbolize when you add the figure to the portal or code, which figures you have, be them lightcore, or from both series.
now the only other characters without crowns are the variants, which obviously dont have figures. (im talking grill chop chop, not the ones like pop punch fizz which does have a figure) (may i also add, i would REALLY like figures of these variants!!!)
anyway back to the point...
does this mean the gnarly tree rex figure does not work with this game still? has anyone managed to try him?
im currently 200 miles away from home for another week, where he (should) be sat awaiting me in a parcel once i return, so i cant try it out myself until then. just wondering if anyone has had the chance?
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#2 Posted: 22:08:05 05/08/2013
Yes he works. I've had heaps of skylanders whom I won from skylander spins. I bought some figures then of those ones, which I won in-game, & just added the code anyway so it would light up. It's my personal collection library. Characters won off the game won't light up because you don't physically have a figurine for the game to recognise what series it is from. You could keep your web-code for someone else if you don't want to add it to the game.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#3 Posted: 03:02:44 06/08/2013
I just tried adding him through the portal. The crown didn't appear but it did give me the small energy boost for adding a new companion.
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#4 Posted: 09:57:10 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the info guys! Glad we can add the figure, but odd there's no crown. Perhaps just a small glitch?
when i popped scarlet ninjini on the portal (before she was available in the game) it unlocked ninjini for me. Is this a known thing, or when i pop her on the giants game do i have a scarlet with a normal ninjini code in her?
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#5 Posted: 10:41:58 06/08/2013
That's how variants used to be handled before they started adding them to the game. Granite Crusher unlocked Crusher for me. If I remember correctly I got the bonus power for both but it's been quite a while since I did it. Regardless when Granite Crusher was added to the game I was able to add him through the portal even though he was previously added as a non-variant.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#6 Posted: 11:21:35 06/08/2013
When you use a variant Skylander to unlock the regular one before the variant is released in-game, it does seem to let you unlock the variant once it's released in-game. Has anyone tried doing it after a variant is released in-game to see if you can get both?
Ryans18 Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#7 Posted: 11:24:38 06/08/2013
I had scarlet ninjini. I unlocked ninjini via we code 2 months ago. I unlocked SN with the same code when she was released.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#8 Posted: 17:20:41 06/08/2013
I had the same experience as Ryans18 with Scarlet Ninjini and Jade Flashwing. I've never tried adding a variant after the have been released in the game. I don't have any other variant figures.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Bluegras Red Sparx Gems: 50
#9 Posted: 18:55:26 09/08/2013
I never got Gnarly Tree Rex. Anyone else still waiting?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 19:55:06 09/08/2013
You didn't get him automatically. You had to "buy" him, but he was free. I'm not sure if he still is, though. I saw an graphic pop up as soon as I logged in that asked me to get him. It was in the info graphic rotation.
#11 Posted: 20:19:11 09/08/2013
Thanks obidawsn. He has not shown up as a pop up and he is not in the info. Guess I wait and see
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#12 Posted: 20:25:25 09/08/2013
Quote: Bluegras
Thanks obidawsn. He has not shown up as a pop up and he is not in the info. Guess I wait and see

A. Did you go into the Life tab of your Skylanders collection like obidawsn said to see if he's available for unlock?

B. Is your game fully up to date, including the 1.5.1 update from the app store? I believe that hit right before Gnarly hit the islands.
#13 Posted: 20:42:59 09/08/2013
All apps are up to date in app store. Don't know which version is running. There is no Gnarly in skylanders collection at all, locked or unlocked. Just regular Tree Rex and he's not free
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#14 Posted: 21:28:59 09/08/2013
Did you try closing and restarting the program?
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#15 Posted: 23:18:37 09/08/2013

Hello, IT! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:05 09/08/2013 by portalflip
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me