Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > New Super Luigi U Miiverse Contest
Page 1 of 1
New Super Luigi U Miiverse Contest [CLOSED]
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#1 Posted: 18:06:59 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
This has been up for a while, but hey, better late than never:
Quote: Miiverse
Hello! This is Takemoto, the New SUPER LUIGI U game director.
(View all comments to see translations.)

If you've finished the game already, I'm sure you've noticed that you can now travel to a secret island and check out your game records.

What I want to see is a screenshot of that showing how many coins you picked up in New SUPER LUIGI U! Let's make it a competition!

...but there's a twist. The winner is the one who has the LEAST amount of coins.

I'm accepting entries until 18th August. If you want to enter, just attach your screenshot to a comment on this post.

What's the lowest coin total? Is it possible to complete the game without picking up any coins? If so, has anyone managed it?

I look forward to finding out the answers! Good luck, everyone!

And just so you know, it is possible to do it with zero coins. To enter, you'll need:
*A Wii U, connected to internet
*A Nintendo Network ID
*The downloadable version of New Super Luigi U (the contest ends before the physical version comes out)
*A lot of skill, time and patience
Here are some tips from my run:
*Try taking the following path:
World 1/Acorn Plains: beat normally (To take the shortcut in the second stage, you need to grab coins)
World 2/Layer Cake Desert: take shortcut to World 5/Soda Jungle near end of world
World 5/Soda Jungle: take shortcut in ghost house to World 7/Meringue Clouds
World 7/Meringue Clouds: beat normally, ghost house shortcut is recommended
World 8/Peach's Castle: beat normally, shortcut in first level is recommended
*Use power-ups in your storage, they can come in handy.
*It appears to me (though not certain) that a P-Acorn is needed for Layer Cake Desert's fortress/tower
*It is possible to do Meringue Cloud's fortress without getting coins. However, it's very difficult and you'll need to be mini (mini, not small) Luigi.
*Don't be afraid to play as Nabbit (to do so, Hold ZL at the start of the stage. Nabbit is invincible, but cannot use power-ups). His invincibility can be useful since you can focus on avoiding coins instead of enemies.
*Try and find a fortress or castle you can beat quite easily without getting coins, then redo it anytime you want to save so you don't have to do stages over and over again just because you collected a coin and had to reset the game. I recommend Acorn Plain's fortress, and also recommend doing it as Nabbit since you are invincible and can avoid obstacles.
Lastly, here's the actual post:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/...BAADbUV59HCzS6A
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me