Page 1 of 1
Which One(s) should I NOT Get? [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1 Posted: 14:17:13 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
So I've been rethinking my Skylanders collection and I think I want ot make some additions, but I'm not made of money and I'm not sure which ones to pass up.

My choices so far are:

Crusher
Bouncer
Ninjini
Swarm
Thumpback
S2 Terrafin
S2 Hex
Ghost Roaster (is he getting an S3 remodel?)

I know I like characters that can move fast, since slow ones make me impatient and aren't as good at dodging and I also like a strong attack or one that's rapid enough to compensate for lack of power, be it short or long range. In place of those, really high defense would be desired.

Some of my favorites so far are:
Spyro - Good balance between speed and attack power, makes for a good speed runner since he can get from A to B in a hurry and rip through most enemies quite easily.

Stealth Elf - Slower than Spyro in travel but a much more powerful combatant; she can get through a crowd of enemies with ease, even the bigger ones that would pwn a slower or weaker Skylander.

Sonic Boom - Like Spyro, both fast and strong.

Chop Chop - Also like Spyro and Sonic Boom though slightly less so.

Dino Rang - Slow, but does a lot of damage and can hold up fairly well when things do get crowded.

So what do you think? Are any of these characters less likely to fit the bill than the others? Any feedback, especially from those who've used the characters in question, would be highly appreciated.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:25:36 02/08/2013 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2 Posted: 14:42:10 02/08/2013
Let me be the first to say that Ghost Roaster is very fast. If you go for his Metal Head path, It becomes an insanely strong, fast, and VERY spammable attack that will mow through enimes in PvE and takes down other Skylanders quick and easy in PvP.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#3 Posted: 14:43:48 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Great that helps, but is he getting a remodel for Swap Force?
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 14:48:04 02/08/2013
Any Skylanders that will have a Series 2 and 3 in SSF would be better, but there are some from SG that I would NOT get:

Double Trouble
Wrecking Ball
Pop Fizz
Trigger Happy
Drill Sergeant
Sprocket
Bash
Prism Break
Terrafin
Flashwing
Sonic Boom
Lightning Rod
Jet-Vac
Eruptor
Ignitor
Hot Dog
Gill Grunt
Chill
Stealth Elf
Zook
Stump Smash
Shroomboom
Hex
Chop Chop
Bouncer
Crusher
Swarm
Hot Head
Thumpback

The ones not listed are the ones I actually want to get:

Spyro
Drobot
Whirlwind
Flameslinger
Zap
Slam Bam
Fright Rider
Cynder
Ninjini
Tree Rex
Eye-Brawl
#5 Posted: 14:48:52 02/08/2013
There is a possibility that he will because Fright Rider hasnt snagged the S2 spot yet so he could pull a Warnado and show up. I think its a 50/50 chance. Also, If you hate slow characters, Do not get Crusher. He is slow, and slower then the rest of the giants on your list too.
---
nyeheheheheh

Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 17:23:18 02/08/2013
Definitely all the giants
they aren't getting reposes so they will be rare when swap force comes around

Also Ghost Roaster cant get a s3 but he might get a s2
Don't buy GR till you know he is

I think swarm is going to be the next boomer so buying 2 is a good idea
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#7 Posted: 18:09:21 02/08/2013
I would buy smilie and if you do, go on his barbarous avenger path.
---
#hu
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#8 Posted: 19:40:21 02/08/2013
We don't know about Ghost Roaster right now. I am honestly holding out to find out if he gets one, but if you don't want to potentially pass the chance, it's up to you.

Crusher, Thumpback For the most part, Giants are slow and meant to be tanks more or les, strong, but slow. Crusher is surely one of the slowest. Thumpback I've seen to be slow as well, but at least he has a glide attack. Still neither are great. I say pass on both of these.

Swarm Another giant, one of his attacks can make him faster, though if you aren't into a giant bug, don't feel you have to get him. I don't advise him.

Bouncer, Ninjini These guys seem a bit faster than the average Giant from what I've seen in terms of gerneral movement. I think Ninjini slightly more so. Ninjini is good. She is short range with her swords and slightly longer gane with her bottle rockets. Bouncer is rather strictly towards long range, which can prove helpful. If you have them money, I sugest getting both.

S2 Terrafin... Terrafin is getting an S3. Hold out for that one. S2 is broken though in an amazing way. He can stay underground for a lengthy amount of time, then jump right down. Underground he has decent speed. Terrafin is good and I suggest him, however, hold out for S3.

S2 Hex S2's Wow Pow is one many complain about as it is quite over-powered, though aiming can prove tricky. Though she isn't too fast, she is still a good chacter. I like her personally.

Ghost Roaster we don't know if he is getting an S2 or not. You can hold out to find out if you'd like, but the price may go up while you wait. He is likely one of the fastest Undead cahracters out right now due to his Skull Charge. Though the laugh he does durign it can be annoying. He is good for quickly dashing acorss the field to attack many enemies.

tl;dr: Get Ninjini, Bouncer if you have the money, wait for S3 Terrafin, S2 Hex, and wait to see about S2 Ghost Roaster.

Pass on Crusher, Thumpback, and Swarm.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:41 02/08/2013 by Seiki
#9 Posted: 19:58:53 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Cool thanks, but what did you mean about S2 Terrafin being broken? Did you mean he can stay belowground longer than S1 Terrafin?
The problem with Bouncer though is that if he does tend strictly towards long range that could prove problematic when mobbed. I kind of like Swarm, he's pretty fast and seemed to do decent damage judging from a gameplay video I saw.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 20:05:26 02/08/2013
Buy Ghost Roaster if you can get him for cheap.

Terrafin has a great Wow Pow, and his single is uncommon.

Ninjini is an amazing powerhouse, GET HER.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#11 Posted: 20:56:42 02/08/2013
Get Ghost Roaster, whether he will have a new Series or not, his 2011 iteration is rare and he is a cool character in term of strength and speed.
---
bye
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#12 Posted: 21:08:01 02/08/2013
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Cool thanks, but what did you mean about S2 Terrafin being broken? Did you mean he can stay belowground longer than S1 Terrafin?
The problem with Bouncer though is that if he does tend strictly towards long range that could prove problematic when mobbed. I kind of like Swarm, he's pretty fast and seemed to do decent damage judging from a gameplay video I saw.

I don't have S2 Terrafin, but from what I've heard, yes, he can stay down longer.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#13 Posted: 21:44:42 02/08/2013
S2 Terrafins Wow Pow enables him to go underground once more after he slams, so yes he can stay undeground longer.
---
nyeheheheheh

weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#14 Posted: 17:04:07 03/08/2013
Definitely do NOT get Swarm. And certainly get S2 Terrafin and S2 Hex. I would also recommend Ninjini, Bouncer, and Ghost Roaster.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#15 Posted: 19:01:04 03/08/2013
Don't get Hex or Ninjini. But get the others.
#16 Posted: 21:58:17 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I think I'll get Ninjini, Swarm, S2 Terrafin, and S3 or else S1 Ghost Roaster.
Thanks for all the input guys.
---
#17 Posted: 22:23:30 03/08/2013
No problemo, and good luck with your searches!
---
nyeheheheheh

kaply Blue Sparx Gems: 836
#18 Posted: 22:25:16 03/08/2013
Do you have access to all the speed boosting heroic challenges? In PvE I find that most of them even out in terms of speed once you have all those done for them. There are some that are still faster, but at that point it felt more like the limiting factor was how fast my reaction time was. Also for reference. Once I maxed out stealth elf's speed. her flip move that I used to use for traveling faster no longer seemed as fast. The same thing happens with Hot Head and his hot rod move. It felt like it travels at almost the same speed as his normal movement that it wasn't worth using.
#19 Posted: 22:39:55 03/08/2013
Quote: weebbby
Definitely do NOT get Swarm. And certainly get S2 Terrafin and S2 Hex. I would also recommend Ninjini, Bouncer, and Ghost Roaster.

My reaction

[User Posted Image]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#20 Posted: 05:10:39 04/08/2013
Don't get Shroomboom.

He looks stupid, has dumb attacks, and is constantly dancing, making him look even dumber.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#21 Posted: 19:22:52 05/08/2013
Quote: Archae
Don't get Shroomboom.

He looks stupid, has dumb attacks, and is constantly dancing, making him look even dumber.

*kills you*

He looks amazing, has great attacks, and is constantly jumping, making him look even cooler.

EDIT:
(this is just opinion, jic this makes anyone mad)
I'M JUST REALLY TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING MY FAVORITE SKYLANDER IS HORRIBLE IN EVERY WAY!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:33 05/08/2013 by weebbby
#22 Posted: 19:24:12 05/08/2013
^ For once, I agree with webbby.
#23 Posted: 22:12:22 05/08/2013
For once (not) I disagree with weebbby.
---
#hu
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#24 Posted: 01:30:55 06/08/2013
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I think I'll get Ninjini, Swarm, S2 Terrafin, and S3 or else S1 Ghost Roaster.
Thanks for all the input guys.

Great choices - I'd have grabbed thumpback too, but these are solid choices. I love Swarm. He's the only giant that can take on nightmare.

Also, if you see Ghost Roaster, buy it. Just do it - the level is good and the power ups are great. I wouldn't expect a S3 Ghost Roaster, but even if there is he won't come with those other items.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#25 Posted: 14:27:33 06/08/2013
smilie isn't getting a repose, smilie is.
---
#hu
#26 Posted: 20:34:31 06/08/2013
Quote: Rickorio

*keeps you blocked* I actually blocked you a long time ago.

On topic: I think Swarm is the worst Giant, and the only one who utterly fails at Nightmare because he is so weak. *thinks that everyone will disagree completely*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:34:57 06/08/2013 by weebbby
#27 Posted: 21:32:06 06/08/2013

On topic: I think Swarm is the worst Giant, and the only one who utterly fails at Nightmare because he is so weak. *thinks that everyone will disagree completely*

You blocked me? Why? Wait. Don't answer that.
---
#hu
#28 Posted: 21:53:56 06/08/2013

It doesn't mean if you dislike a character means everyone likes it.
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#29 Posted: 23:46:10 06/08/2013

Really? I have issues believing that, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Bear with me here: For me, the other giants seem to die fairly quickly - because they are both slow (unable to avoid those charged attacks) and big (easier for baddies to shoot/hit). Good luck side stepping anything, because your turn is almost as slow as you walk.

And most importantly of all, there are a lot of enemies with shields and force fields, and the giants are just far too vulnerable as they slowly try to stomp around them to hit at their exposed side - the other Giants are just not maneuverable at all.
Heaven help you if there are three or four shielded baddies, because you're basically toast - or if there are two or more in a line so you're unable to get around them.

But Swarm is fast, maneuverable, can turn on a dime and can circle strafe his opponents. His ability to swing around back of a shielded enemy - even more than some of the smaller, faster corelanders, Swarm makes short work of those blocking creatures.

When playing nightmare, Swarm is often the only Giant on the team (if there's another it's Thumpback, whose chain can sometimes make it round the shields).
How do you use the giants on Nightmare, and how do you handle large groups of blocking creatures?
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:36 06/08/2013 by Tel Prydain
#30 Posted: 00:00:28 07/08/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain

Really? I have issues believing that, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Bear with me here: For me, the other giants seem to die fairly quickly - because they are both slow (unable to avoid those charged attacks) and big (easier for baddies to shoot/hit). Good luck side stepping anything, because your turn is almost as slow as you walk.

And most importantly of all, there are a lot of enemies with shields and force fields, and the giants are just far too vulnerable as they slowly try to stomp around them to hit at their exposed side - the other Giants are just not maneuverable at all.
Heaven help you if there are three or four shielded baddies, because you're basically toast - or if there are two or more in a line so you're unable to get around them.

But Swarm is fast, maneuverable, can turn on a dime and can circle strafe his opponents. His ability to swing around back of a shielded enemy - even more than some of the smaller, faster corelanders, Swarm makes short work of those blocking creatures.

When playing nightmare, Swarm is often the only Giant on the team (if there's another it's Thumpback, whose chain can sometimes make it round the shields).
How do you use the giants on Nightmare, and how do you handle large groups of blocking creatures?

This, Luis with the fact that the only skylanders who have EVER beat him in battle mode (in my house) are smilie on his bomb path and smilie on his laser path.
---
#hu
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me