Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > darkSpyro Semi-Annual 2013 Awards
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
darkSpyro Semi-Annual 2013 Awards [CLOSED]
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#151 Posted: 23:08:45 04/08/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: DummyZ
I do recall her helping other users and stuff like that.

There's a difference between helping and mini-modding. I hope you do realize that or else you will really live up to your username.

Dat last bit smilie

So helping other users with the rules doesn't count as mini-modding?
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#152 Posted: 23:08:54 04/08/2013
Biggest Mini-Mod: Almost anyone who applied around times when mods were being picked

And really, Spyrobaro acts like a moderator..sometimes. Even trying to sound official, however...

People mini-modding on sites with moderators, although, usually means that some moderators may not be doing their jobs. For example: Before we had moderators etc..

I wouldn't consider it a terrible things, as moderators can't always be around...it can ad a sort of bias on users, sometimes, but really, I don't really consider it all too negative? Some people really don't like it though, and even some sites.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:13:48 04/08/2013 by Wild
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#153 Posted: 23:34:01 04/08/2013
Biggest fan awards?
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#154 Posted: 23:55:27 04/08/2013
Quote: Pixilism
am i the only one seeing just how biased these votes are

Some of them kind of call for bias, for example: you could vote someone as the rudest user solely because of them being very rude to you.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#155 Posted: 23:59:49 04/08/2013
Shyest user.
Generous user.
Best DS couple.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#156 Posted: 00:13:46 05/08/2013
You know what slapped me across the face? That every voting thing is Biased. So, basically everyone's chops get busted in some way if they are voting.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12161
#157 Posted: 00:18:04 05/08/2013
Quote: Wild
Biggest Mini-Mod: Almost anyone who applied around times when mods were being picked

And really, Spyrobaro acts like a moderator..sometimes. Even trying to sound official, however...

People mini-modding on sites with moderators, although, usually means that some moderators may not be doing their jobs. For example: Before we had moderators etc..

I wouldn't consider it a terrible things, as moderators can't always be around...it can ad a sort of bias on users, sometimes, but really, I don't really consider it all too negative? Some people really don't like it though, and even some sites.

it would make sense for users who joined before the implementation of moderators to act like mini-mods sometimes. considering they had no true [active] authority figures. i mean, even i do that sometimes. rarely now though.

do you realize how hard it is not to be biased
we all know our friends more than we do .... uh, non-friends, and are more likely to pay attention to their actions. so if i see the "funniest user" category, chances are that i'm going to think of one of my pals who i think is very funny and vote for them.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:25:02 05/08/2013 by Carmelita Fox
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#158 Posted: 00:20:43 05/08/2013
Funniest user: zzsdf/BeanyBeans
Fun is everywhere, you just don't find all of it funny. I'm bro-tier with these two, which is the reason I find things they say funnier than most.

Punniest User: -
Ehh.. No Idea. I don't usually remember things like that

Kindest User: thumper
Is kind to everyone, no more no less. Due to our plentiful discussions I can honestly say that she's not faking it either. The only time I remember her not being kind (even then she was not really being rude) was when MrW jokingly bashed on just about everything.

Craziest User: -
I assume you mean the "fun"-kinda crazy, but I still can't say. SaN is filled with "randumb" users who pretend to be nuts to appear humorous. I usually flat out ignore things like this so I have no idea who to vote for.

Smartest User: -
There are many kinds of intelligence. Who to vote for depends on whether you're trying to find the most knowledgeable person, someone who is a logical thinker and shows it to others, or someone who has gained wisdom through experience.
A lot of users fall under these categories; Wild, HIR, Aura24, CAV, zzsdf, Spyrobaro, etc. The list goes on and on. I don't know who to pick.

Biggest Troll: Blackholes_Wolf
Even though she has been a bit less active on the trolling frontier lately, and so isn't really the top troll of 2013, I think years of persistent trolling shouldn't go unnoticed even at this newer age.
Blackholes_Wolf was already trolling strong here before the guys at Vicarious Visions even got the idea to strike rich with overpriced toy game-characters.
She's not doing it just for the laughs either, which to me is the gist of it. I recall her telling me once that by trolling she is also trying to show people how not to be a trollbait. This was years ago though, but still, this site could use more of that ancient art.

Rudest User: -
A lot of people speak their minds openly, which is not really a sign of rudeness. There are no "good ol' A-holes" in darkSpyro anymore (which, ultimately, is a good thing), unless you count soft trolling as rude.

Biggest Mini-Mod: Aura24/Spyrobaro
I've never seen Mini-Modding as a bad thing, rather, I think it's normal to try to keep others around you in line. Being worried about getting a social stigma slapped on your username is usually enough to discourage people from doing something stupid (unless they sincerely don't know any better, in which case they just need to learn).
Anyway, Spyrobaro and Aura24 do this more than most, so I guess either one of them would deserve the title.

Most Gnorcs: -
Why is this even up for vote? Doesn't make sense.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:59 05/08/2013 by Samius
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#159 Posted: 00:24:00 05/08/2013
Quote: Carmelita Fox

it would make sense for users who joined before the implementation of moderators to act like mini-mods sometimes. considering they had no true [active] authority figures. i mean, even i do that sometimes. rarely now though.

I guess. I really refers to exactly what your stance on the concept of a "mini-mod" is. For me, I consider a mini-mod to be someone who, in addition to pointing out rule infractions to members, actively goes out of his or her way to inform people who are in charge of another user's rule violations. If you simply point someone's mistake out to them, I don't necessarily consider that to be "mini-modding." I think of it more as just helping to avoid any unnecessary controversy.

And with the way that the mods currently work, I find myself doing what some people would consider mini-modding outside of General, Idle Chatter, and Forum Games. Because that's basically all I can do. I've made a small argument for globalizing the mod position, but it's been ignored. I do hope that will happen at some point, since it's been nearly 7 months now. But things are going pretty well, I suppose. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#160 Posted: 00:48:17 05/08/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises

Some of them kind of call for bias, for example: you could vote someone as the rudest user solely because of them being very rude to you.

Bias is a funny thing, it's always intentional. You can't be biased by accident. Just a thought.

The situation mentioned above would only be biased if the user in question wasn't the rudest user you knew of.
It's not biased if the user mentioned simply is the rudest person you know of. You just didn't know any better.
So, as long as people are not lying there is no bias. Now to claim that this voting is biased would be to claim that people are not being honest. If you can't be sure of this, you're simply being suspicious.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter as there is no way for this voting to be entirely legitimate, as there is no way for users to (for example) compare every rude user on the site and then proceed to pick the one they though was the rudest.
It's just for fun, so why not take it as such? There is no reason for anybody to be offended, even the "not-so-awards" aren't such great big middle fingers on your face.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:32 05/08/2013 by Samius
#161 Posted: 00:53:53 05/08/2013
@HIR- by "Globalizing the mod position" do basically mean like for an example one mod can moderate all sections? Because considering the terrible mods such Gillgrunt and such. That could be a living hell for all users.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#162 Posted: 00:55:39 05/08/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100
@HIR- by "Globalizing the mod position" do basically mean like for an example one mod can moderate all sections? Because considering the terrible mods such Gillgrunt and such. That could be a living hell for all users.

I didn't go into any specifics. That's probably why I was ignored. b^.^;
---
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#163 Posted: 00:59:52 05/08/2013

i really did a bad job with expressing my thoughts as told by this reply
i was trying to drop it but at the same time express opinion i dunno
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:15 05/08/2013 by Wild
#164 Posted: 01:00:39 05/08/2013
Quote: HIR
Quote: Trix Master 100

I didn't go into any specifics. That's probably why I was ignored. b^.^;

Oh okay.
---
icon from Empoh
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#165 Posted: 01:04:00 05/08/2013
Quote: azz01
Shyest user.
Generous user.
Best DS couple.

people are shy?
Um.......
Dragoki <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#166 Posted: 01:06:31 05/08/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises

Or the user who vote you as "rude" did it because of a recent conversation that user intentionally brought up.

Quote: HIR

I guess. I really refers to exactly what your stance on the concept of a "mini-mod" is. For me, I consider a mini-mod to be someone who, in addition to pointing out rule infractions to members, actively goes out of his or her way to inform people who are in charge of another user's rule violations. If you simply point someone's mistake out to them, I don't necessarily consider that to be "mini-modding." I think of it more as just helping to avoid any unnecessary controversy.

And with the way that the mods currently work, I find myself doing what some people would consider mini-modding outside of General, Idle Chatter, and Forum Games. Because that's basically all I can do. I've made a small argument for globalizing the mod position, but it's been ignored. I do hope that will happen at some point, since it's been nearly 7 months now. But things are going pretty well, I suppose. @.@

Does the mini-modding vote based on before or after the addition of moderators?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:54 05/08/2013 by Aura24
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12161
#167 Posted: 01:07:13 05/08/2013

i really did a bad job with expressing my thoughts as told by this reply
i was trying to drop it but at the same time express opinion i dunno

that's ok. i was just saying that as an epiphany of sorts, rather than disagreeing with what you said, which i don't. e.e
#168 Posted: 01:10:24 05/08/2013
@Aura: Both.
---
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#169 Posted: 17:44:37 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sleepy0429
Shut up Sess.

You don't even know me, so shut your little six year old mouth and go back in the kiddie area. This is the big boy and girl area and you don't belong, so go back in the kiddie area and play with the little toy firetrucks or whatever you kids play with nowadays.

Hehe x3
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#170 Posted: 17:45:38 05/08/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429
Shut up Sess.

You don't even know me, so shut your little six year old mouth and go back in the kiddie area. This is the big boy and girl area and you don't belong, so go back in the kiddie area and play with the little toy firetrucks or whatever you kids play with nowadays.

Don't you mean IPhones.
#171 Posted: 17:46:47 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
OKay, and I will add a lot more categories and start voting tommorow.

And I consider Mini-Modding after the mods. If you didn't get picked then my opinion is just cut it out *cough* you werent picked, so just stop acting like you were.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#172 Posted: 17:56:03 05/08/2013
Most Talented user
Seiki
Most Loyal User
Umm
Most Supportive
King_Pika
Best New User
Alex
Best User
Test52
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:46 05/08/2013 by somePerson
#173 Posted: 17:57:52 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I'll change to most loyal to friends, I didnt mean to the site
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#174 Posted: 18:04:03 05/08/2013
Quote: somePerson
Most Talented user
Seiki

Aww, thanks.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#175 Posted: 01:46:19 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
bump.
#176 Posted: 14:13:20 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
VOTING IS NOW OPEN! PLEASE SEND IN YOUR VOTES FOR ALL CATEGORIES VIA PM
#177 Posted: 20:06:07 06/08/2013
Oh, so the actual voting just started now?

Well, ok. I'll think about the new categories a bit before voting.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me