Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Am I the only one... [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 14:11:45 28/07/2013 | Topic Creator
...who wants to see Percy Jackson just for the sake of seeing a really good-looking movie?

I mean, really, the arguments about the film I see on Youtube about this movie are worse than a Call of Duty trailer. people are arguing about how the movie is going to be terrible because it doesn't take enough from its source material and it's going to fail just because of this.

Let's say that the next Percy Jackson IS like that. I mean, from the clips I've seen released online, it looks like it won't stay really true to the source material. not only that, the first Percy Jackson movie was so hated because of how badly it stayed true to the book. I can agree the first Percy Jackson movie was bad in terms of book accuracy. but that didn't make it a BAD film. it still had good acting, special effects, and writing. The next Percy Jackson film looks promising, not only because it's an adaptation of my favorite book, but because it just looks like a really good movie to me.

Not only that, but these people on youtube are also judging an entire movie just by the trailer. You have no idea how the movie is going to do, so why already judge it? and furthermore, if you think it's going to fail, and don't want anything to do with it, WHY EVEN TALK ABOUT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

And you know, at least this new director is actually TRYING to make it like the books more than the first film. He's trying his best to keep true to the book while also tie things with the first movie so that people who haven't read the book can catch on with the next movie, and with how bad the first film's accuracy was, that's a hard feat to accomplish.

Harry Potter did well because of its magical story and effects. the Hunger Games did well because of its acting. or on another side, Eragon did terrible because people hated things like the dialogue. people are looking at these as if they were their own movies, meaning they don't think the accuracy is the most important aspect of an adaptation. Percy Jackson is no exception. people loved the movie because of its supporting cast and fun story. yeah, it wasn't that good in the accuracy department, but again, that didn't make it a bad film. the same is going to go for Sea of Monsters. people are going to watch it because of other aspects, not just because of the accuracy.

And yes, everyone has their own opinions on what's good or what's not. you may think the next PJ movie doesn't look good, and that's fine. but you need to give more reasons than just "it doesn't take enough from the book, therefore it will suck."

Basically what i'm getting at is: the accuracy of a movie adaptation may be the center of attention, but that doesn't make it the most important aspect of a quality movie, and that you shouldn't judge something entirely just because of that one aspect.

(Sorry for the rant, I just kept seeing this on places like youtube and I just had to say SOMETHING about it because of how much it peeved me off.)
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:57 28/07/2013 by pankakesparx456
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 14:15:06 28/07/2013
I just read the first line and said YES!!
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#3 Posted: 14:17:23 28/07/2013
That movie is awesome!!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#4 Posted: 15:40:02 28/07/2013
I've watched the first movie but never read the books. I knew it was a book series and I think the movie was really good.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 16:20:44 28/07/2013
Eh, I've never been interested in Percy Jackson, books or movies. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#6 Posted: 16:34:05 28/07/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames
I've watched the first movie but never read the books. I knew it was a book series and I think the movie was really good.

The book was amazing, the movie cut out scenes and added new ones that never happened. This movie, the clautrice girl doesn't even go with them on their adventure in the Sea of Monsters. She should be more masculine and boyish but what will Movies based on books ever do right.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#7 Posted: 16:35:34 28/07/2013
I, personally, dont like Percy Jackson books or movies.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:52 28/07/2013 by Underian
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#8 Posted: 17:22:22 28/07/2013
OH MY GOSH YES!! I liked the movie better then the books, I CANNOT WAIT intell the Sea of Monsters movie come out, and I can't wait for Nathen Fillion to play Hermes. I thought he books were good, but I really hated the Last Olympian. My sister and many of her "friends" rant about how awfull the movie is all the time, but I love it.
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 18:09:27 28/07/2013
The first movie was horrible and hardly stuck to the overall plot. Hell, I had to check what I was watching after finishing the movie.

I do love the books, though.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#10 Posted: 19:00:27 28/07/2013
I've read all the books, and wasn't a fan of the movie, but I will see the new one anyways. *shrug*
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#11 Posted: 01:59:18 29/07/2013
I wanna see this movie so badly! I think the trailer looks great!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
wakapro77 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#12 Posted: 02:00:34 29/07/2013
yes u are the ONLY ONE

ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD

IN THE UNIVERSE
---
hence, the yiffening shall come

I submit my art on my tumblr. PM me for the link.
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#13 Posted: 02:08:40 29/07/2013
I totally thought this topic would quote a country song

Am I the only one
who wants to have fun tonight
*music*
Kick it with a cold beer
Ain't nobody out here-

Errr
ON TOPIC:
... Nah.... I don't really like Percy Jackson.
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#14 Posted: 03:00:28 29/07/2013
Cold beer on a friday night
Pair of jeans that fit just right
Turn the radio ooooooooooonnnnn
I like my chicken fried.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me