darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > How do you think Swap Force will stand up against Disney Infinity?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
How do you think Swap Force will stand up against Disney Infinity? [CLOSED]
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#101 Posted: 20:42:02 27/07/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Rickorio
Quote: GhostRoaster
^Is Disney selling this stuff in their store? I didn't know they were. The one close to me didn't have any pre-order or materials to reflect it was even coming.

I saw it in the online store, I'm arguing which extra character to get with my brother.

Ahh ok I was referring to their brick and mortar locations.

Oh, well, I was just saying where I found it.
---
#hu
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#102 Posted: 21:44:33 27/07/2013
I have been doing some reasearch, and Disney Infinty looks like a good, fun game with alot of things going for them. Only problem: 1, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, and 2, Charcters fron different worlds cannot have eachother in their worlds. If one day the starter pack goes on sale, I would buy. And maybe even that Villiains triple pack too. But when it comes out, I will not buy it.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#103 Posted: 02:18:18 28/07/2013
^Newsflash: "Toys to Life" is a moniker for "Balance Sheet to Life" smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:36 28/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#104 Posted: 04:48:40 28/07/2013
Quote: kappapopm
the only interesting thing going for di is the monster inc, they have real originally characters... the rest is just humans.

What's wrong with humans? The Incredibles is a great film, Pirates of the Caribbean is a popular series, and The Lone Ranger, while a total flop, did get a lot of hype and is at least set in a cool Western setting.

And also, this is DISNEY, the world famous corporation that has legions of loyal fans. You can hate DI, but you can't deny that it has lots of fans and will have a good chance at being a success.
---
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#105 Posted: 07:54:43 28/07/2013
Quote: ShinkenRed
I think what a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that Disney has generations of fans while Skylanders has two, three years of fans. My grandparents watched Disney movies, my parents watched Disney movies, I watched Disney movies, any kids I have down the road will watch Disney. They have such a roster of recognizable characters its crazy to think about it. Mickey, Mulan, Jack Sparrow, The Incredibles, Nemo, Fox and the Hound Dog (I think that was Disney) Bambi, Pocahontas... The roster is just about... *sunglasses* Infinite.

I don't think anyone is overlooking that - but some of us think that will count against them. You're right, kids have has years of Disney... which is why they might get tired of it more easily. Skylanders SF is Skylanders, but Disney Infinity is just one more licenced Disney toy/game on top of all the other licenced games.
The brand will help sell it, but to stick around DI has to transcend the brand.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#106 Posted: 08:54:34 28/07/2013
yeah we know disney is old and have been around for ages... but i dont think any of these older disney fans will connect with The Incredibles, and Pirates of the Caribbean or the other new ones.. so the disney fanbase will not be more than of 3 years for this game, like the skylanders fanbase of 3 years.. because my grandpa like the mickey mouse,donald ducks,bambi etc the old ones.. if you show him The Incredibles or other new ones, he will just shake his head and say thats not disney... and he will for sure not buy a game.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#107 Posted: 13:31:49 28/07/2013
I think a lot of people will purchase both, but maybe SSF will have a slight edge.
#108 Posted: 14:18:34 28/07/2013
yeah we know disney is old and have been around for ages... but i dont think any of these older disney fans will connect with The Incredibles, and Pirates of the Caribbean or the other new ones.. so the disney fanbase will not be more than of 3 years for this game, like the skylanders fanbase of 3 years.. because my grandpa like the mickey mouse,donald ducks,bambi etc the old ones.. if you show him The Incredibles or other new ones, he will just shake his head and say thats not disney... and he will for sure not buy a game.

Dude, visit the official DI forums. Many fans, both young and old, love The Incredibles and Pirates of the Caribbean. And many other recent films. (The admin is a respectable man who loves Toy Story. And another dude is a parent who loves The Incredibles)

Why do some of you guys insist on the failure of this game even though it has many fans? Even my casual gamer friends are interested in DI.
---
#109 Posted: 14:45:30 28/07/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
Quote: ShinkenRed
I think what a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that Disney has generations of fans while Skylanders has two, three years of fans. My grandparents watched Disney movies, my parents watched Disney movies, I watched Disney movies, any kids I have down the road will watch Disney. They have such a roster of recognizable characters its crazy to think about it. Mickey, Mulan, Jack Sparrow, The Incredibles, Nemo, Fox and the Hound Dog (I think that was Disney) Bambi, Pocahontas... The roster is just about... *sunglasses* Infinite.

I don't think anyone is overlooking that - but some of us think that will count against them. You're right, kids have has years of Disney... which is why they might get tired of it more easily. Skylanders SF is Skylanders, but Disney Infinity is just one more licenced Disney toy/game on top of all the other licenced games.
The brand will help sell it, but to stick around DI has to transcend the brand.

I think you've yet again watered down a conversation to its core truth.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#110 Posted: 15:01:30 28/07/2013
All my little cousins are excited for DI. Many people are excited for it. It has fan sites!

It could fail, but that doesn't mean it WILL fail.
---
#111 Posted: 15:33:29 28/07/2013
Quote: SilentButDeadly

Dude, visit the official DI forums. Many fans, both young and old, love The Incredibles and Pirates of the Caribbean. And many other recent films. (The admin is a respectable man who loves Toy Story. And another dude is a parent who loves The Incredibles)

Why do some of you guys insist on the failure of this game even though it has many fans? Even my casual gamer friends are interested in DI.

my grandpa say no...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#112 Posted: 15:38:34 28/07/2013

Why are so many insisting that Skylanders is in trouble due to Infinity's release?

It was bound to happen. Fans on both sides are going to call out the side they favor less.

I can see where Infinity might do alright or not do alright at all. All Avalanche did, was borrow from every genre out there, including the new Toys to Life genre, slap the Disney name on it, and are releasing a product on August 18th.

It will be a neverending feud, because this will come down to blind fanboyism when this rivalry really takes off.

EDIT: People will have to remember though, that Disney isn't exactly reliable when it comes to making great games. While I like Epic Mickey (due to my love of platformers), others saw right through all of the flaws. What other games did they make that was good? Don't say Kingdom Hearts, because they didn't even develop or publish that game. That was Tetsuya Nomura's work and Square Enix's publishing.

All the sudden, Disney can make great games now? Heck, one of the Playsets, is by a brand new game developer. We know this developer can automatically make AAA titles, for its first title (Playset), just because it has the name Disney on it? Nah.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:47 28/07/2013 by GameMaster78
#113 Posted: 15:42:49 28/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78

Why are so many insisting that Skylanders is in trouble due to Infinity's release?

It was bound to happen. Fans on both sides are going to call out the side they favor less.

I can see where Infinity might do alright or not do alright at all. All Avalanche did, was borrow from every genre out there, including the new Toys to Life genre, slap the Disney name on it, and are releasing a product on August 18th.

It will be a neverending feud, because this will come down to blind fanboyism when this rivalry really takes off.

we will see how angrayen they get when skylanders win.
#114 Posted: 15:48:03 28/07/2013
GameMaster, when did I say that Skylanders is in trouble? I never said anything like that. In fact, I think that Skylanders will be a bigger success due to its slightly lower prices and its more original characters. And the fact that many kids are already attached to the series.

I'm not saying Skylanders will fail and I'm not saying that DI is better (Do not accuse me of being a hardcore DI fan because I don't even plan on buying it any more). What I am saying is that people should keep an open mind. It seems like some people here are hating DI JUST because it's potential competition to Skylanders.

And Kappa, why do you keep ignoring the fact that DI has loads of fans?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:02:26 28/07/2013 by SilentButDeadly
#115 Posted: 17:40:02 28/07/2013
^Yeah no one on this thread is saying x or y or y over x. We're simply noting strengths and weaknesses...if anything I think the conversation has been fair and balanced, which is oddly uncharacteristic of most threads. My earlier comment about "my team will beat your team" was to get a rise out of a few smilie

I want Activision to succeed, but I don't blindly accept what they deliver either. but I acknowledge risk here based on the yearly delivery schedule. I also know that when there's competition is present that tends to separate the men from the boys and we usually see even more for the consumer.

Which I am all for. Once these clowns know it's about me if they want my dollars, the faster I'll give it to them.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:44:23 28/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#116 Posted: 00:05:30 29/07/2013
the only interesting thing going for di is the monster inc, they have real originally characters... the rest is just humans.

What's wrong with humans? The Incredibles is a great film, Pirates of the Caribbean is a popular series, and The Lone Ranger, while a total flop, did get a lot of hype and is at least set in a cool Western setting.

And also, this is DISNEY, the world famous corporation that has legions of loyal fans. You can hate DI, but you can't deny that it has lots of fans and will have a good chance at being a success.

I'd like to add, I am one of those die-hard Disney lovers, and frankly, this game ****es me off.

It has more Pixar than actual Disney. The only really Disney things in it are Pirates of the Carribean and Nightmare Before Christmas, even then, Jack Skellington is the only Nightmare character and he doesn't have a playset.

Before you bring up Lone Ranger and Phines & Ferb:

Phineas & Ferb is a Disney Channel show, while Disney, it is not one of the true Disney things they should be including such as Peter Pan, Cinderella, Beauty & the Beat, etc.

Lone Ranger was an old tv show back in like the 50's and was NOT made by Disney. Disney may have made the new movie, but that's it. It is not Disney in my book, and them including it here infuriates me.

I am boycotting this game and will gladly be sticking to Skylanders until Disney gets their **** together and starts including more true Disney content for this game, and not just Toy Box only characters like they are doing to Jack Skellington.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#117 Posted: 00:12:05 29/07/2013
Seiki, I agree with you on The Lone Ranger, but I think Phineas and Ferb is true Disney. At least, it is in my book. What makes something ``Truly Disney`` anyway! By the way, Wreck it Ralph, Not a Pixar Film, but a Disney Film.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
granitecrusher Green Sparx Gems: 434
#118 Posted: 00:56:20 29/07/2013
I'm getting both.
---
If anybody has a green Gill Grunt, PM me if you have a reasonable price.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#119 Posted: 03:30:22 29/07/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Seiki, I agree with you on The Lone Ranger, but I think Phineas and Ferb is true Disney. At least, it is in my book. What makes something ``Truly Disney`` anyway! By the way, Wreck it Ralph, Not a Pixar Film, but a Disney Film.

Sorry, forgot about Ralph for a moment, but still...

Phineas & Ferb I am iffy on, I won't argue about it being a part of Infinity, but at the same time, if it wasn't, I wouldn't be upset. It walks the line a little finely.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#120 Posted: 03:36:28 29/07/2013
I didn't say EVERY Disney fan will love DI.

I'm a Disney fan, but one reason why I am not buying DI is because there are more new/Pixar characters than there are Disney classics. Seriously, no Mickey, Minnie, or Donald? Disappointing.

But that obviously doesn't disappoint everyone. And I still say keep a fair and open mind. You can hate the game all you want. But you can never rightfully deny that it has a good-sized fan base already.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:40:05 29/07/2013 by SilentButDeadly
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#121 Posted: 12:40:34 29/07/2013

I'm not going to lie, I was actually a big fan of Disney. ...When I was five. Now a days, I notice a lot of Disney movies and shows, old and new, suffered from bad morals, racism, and overall bad story telling. Disney ALWAYS suffered from the former two, but had okay stories. But their overall quality has gone downhill as well. They do make a few Non-Pixar hits every now and then, but they also make a lot of crappy Straight-To-DVD movies which are usually sequels to good movies, and even a few Box Office bombs as well. And to make matters worse, The Lone Ranger shows that Disney can still make an offensive piece of work.

I'm not saying I want it to fail, I'm just not interested in anything Disney, even if they added Lilo and Stitch characters to it.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#122 Posted: 14:14:34 29/07/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor

But, like Jack Skelington, Ralph isn't getting a Playset, either.

They're basically characters you have to play with in Toy Box mode and that's it. 13 (14 at TRU) bucks for a character that only plays in one mode is not good business if you ask me.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#123 Posted: 15:02:37 29/07/2013
Swap force I think has more pizazz than DI I saw the new Irate Gamer videos they show beautiful swap force is go swap force. ( why didn't they give jack skellington a play set DI we ain't got time for Dat)
---
henlo
#124 Posted: 15:43:01 29/07/2013
Quote: MugoUrth

I'm not going to lie, I was actually a big fan of Disney. ...When I was five. Now a days, I notice a lot of Disney movies and shows, old and new, suffered from bad morals, racism, and overall bad story telling. Disney ALWAYS suffered from the former two, but had okay stories. But their overall quality has gone downhill as well. They do make a few Non-Pixar hits every now and then, but they also make a lot of crappy Straight-To-DVD movies which are usually sequels to good movies, and even a few Box Office bombs as well. And to make matters worse, The Lone Ranger shows that Disney can still make an offensive piece of work.

I'm not saying I want it to fail, I'm just not interested in anything Disney, even if they added Lilo and Stitch characters to it.

What bad morals, exactly? I'm not doubting you, I'm just seriously asking.

And what racism are you referring to? I know the crows from Dumbo are usually considered racist (Though I personally see them as cool characters).

I won't argue with you about story telling. That's all up to our own opinions.

What I find strange is that you said most Disney movies suffer from bad morals, racism, and bad story-telling, and then you say that Disney makes bad sequels to GOOD movies. So are Disney movies mostly good? Or bad?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:44:33 29/07/2013 by SilentButDeadly
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#125 Posted: 16:34:21 29/07/2013
Quote: MugoUrth

What bad morals, exactly? I'm not doubting you, I'm just seriously asking.

And what racism are you referring to? I know the crows from Dumbo are usually considered racist (Though I personally see them as cool characters).

I won't argue with you about story telling. That's all up to our own opinions.

What I find strange is that you said most Disney movies suffer from bad morals, racism, and bad story-telling, and then you say that Disney makes bad sequels to GOOD movies. So are Disney movies mostly good? Or bad?

Cracked.com can answer BOTH of your first questions:
Morals: http://www.cracked.com/article...le-lessons.html
Racism: http://www.cracked.com/article...characters.html
And before you say Cracked.com isn't a reliable source, some of their info IS in fact based on the truth.

Well, how should I put this. Just because a movie has a bad moral or is a bit on the racist side doesn't mean it cannot still be good. A few Disney movies were okay despite that. That's why I said that overall quality was lower in later films.
#126 Posted: 16:43:40 29/07/2013
I trust Cracked.com. I visit that site fairly often. smilie

I wasn't putting you down or anything. I was just asking you to further explain what you meant. Thanks.
---
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#127 Posted: 19:13:37 29/07/2013
Guys, can we stop talking about Disney, and start talking about Swap Force.
---
#hu
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#128 Posted: 19:52:22 29/07/2013
disney is far more well know than skylanders. That a big + for it. Will skylanders SF have added jump and a swap mechanic with new gameplay zone is still pre-heated contend: an dungeon crawler with colorful character that aren't that differents. But like ghost roaster said competition is good it would force skylanders to stop stagnating like that.... I think it already done

Fair and balanced debate.... In an skylanders fan-site
---
THE END IS NEAR
#129 Posted: 20:29:19 29/07/2013
^ We need more fair and balanced debates. We do not need more blind, aggressive DI hate.

Quote: Rickorio
Guys, can we stop talking about Disney, and start talking about Swap Force.

This thread is about both Swap Force AND Disney Infinity, you know. Our discussion simply trailed off on what Disney fans think of DI.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:59 29/07/2013 by SilentButDeadly
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me